Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: PowerCon: - Official Discussion - New reveals added!

Heroic Warrior Fearless Arriflex's Avatar
    Will this have something to do with the high demanded fan program, that got green-lit after the 135%-sub-renewal? I predicted a filmation mini-sub back then...

Excited to hear the news.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Guess it's movie related...

I wish it were also connected to a Filmation mini-sub or a full renewal of MOTUC for 2014, but I reckon that these would be too early given the lower amount of subs sold for 2013...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

so is this the "official" power con reveals thread now?

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    In my view:

~New MOTU movie (out of the question: it's been in development hell for many years on end, and most movie projects entering that vicious circle end up buried and forgotten)

~New motu cartoon/ retail toys (out of the question: without movie, no retail toys)

~MOTUC Castle Grayskull (highly unlikely: Mattel has already made their zero-risk near-zero investment policy towards this brand abundantly clear)

~Cancellation of the line (very likely: if the 2014 line finally made it, I would be genuinely surprised; Mattel's "either take the black pastic or we'll cheap out some other way" attitude is already crystalline clear, and after the blaxtic fiasco most customers have also made it clear they're not going to continue to support the line if such substandard quality has come to stay one way or another)
    MANY movies go into development hell, it's actually a BIG part of the process of getting a movie made. the stage before they start casting and principal photography is development hell, it's all the behind the scenes finagling to try to make the movie the best product they can (product being the key word doesn't necessarily mean best MOVIE they can make.)

And cancellation of the line being THE MOST likely scenario? REALLY??!! let's use a fan convention to give live in person the WORST news those fans could think of so I can get lynched! yeah there is ZERO chance that the big news is negative UNLESS the effect is positive (end of subscription line beginning of retail line for example)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    so is this the "official" power con reveals thread now?
    Yes, MGM will update the OP with info as new bits are revealed. Many thanks to MGM!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    MANY movies go into development hell, it's actually a BIG part of the process of getting a movie made. the stage before they start casting and principal photography is development hell, it's all the behind the scenes finagling to try to make the movie the best product they can (product being the key word doesn't necessarily mean best MOVIE they can make.)

And cancellation of the line being THE MOST likely scenario? REALLY??!! let's use a fan convention to give live in person the WORST news those fans could think of so I can get lynched! yeah there is ZERO chance that the big news is negative UNLESS the effect is positive (end of subscription line beginning of retail line for example)
    Announcing the cancellation of MOTUC at Power Con (or any other fan convention) would be suicidal

Not that MOTUC isn't at jeopardy but I highly doubt that Mattel would choose such an event to so! Can you imagine: hordes of fans chasing Toyguru and yelling at him. No way !!!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Heroic Warrior Fearless Arriflex's Avatar
    suicide by fan?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    Yes, MGM will update the OP with info as new bits are revealed. Many thanks to MGM!
    Actually, it's many thanks to Rep, who was asking me about this last night!

Is anyone doing a LiveStream or some kind of updates from the panels?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    It's going to be the Battle Ram. Scott will announce that enough windraiders were sold to justify another Vehicle and that the Battle Ram is a go for 2013.
    As cool as the Battle Ram might be, I hardly thing it qualifies as "biggest announcement ever." The way we were hurting for subs for 2013, I can't imagine the announcement has anything to do with the MOTUC brand. I think it's a movie or new toon announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Actually, it's many thanks to Rep, who was asking me about this last night!

Is anyone doing a LiveStream or some kind of updates from the panels?
    I have not heard anything about any livestreams yet, but I am hoping someone will like was done for SDCC.

I do know that Hunter Knight will be posting a recording of the Toy Customizers Panel on his youtube channel here after its over...

http://www.youtube.com/user/hunterknight4

An Pixel Dan will be doing the same of other bits an parts to his Channel here...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mandalorian30

..if I hear of anyone sharing links on facebook or anywhere, I will repost here immediately so they can be added to the front page.

I think it could possibly be the announcement of some sort of pre-order system for Castle Grayskull. That would kind of be a movie confirmation, too. So it would really be two announcements for the price of one. At the end of the day, with the news from July of the director, the movie is obviously moving forward. I really think it could be about CG.

Anyway, TBH, I'm actually hoping it’s an announcement about MOTU itself, rather than MOTUC.

Unless I'm blowing out of proportion the words "biggest announcement ever," I feel like a lot of the guesses are not so "big". The starting of the MOTUC line was probably the "biggest announcement ever" for the brand at the time, so I would expect something as big as that. So, things like vehicles or a Castle Grayskull or other ideas like that just don't seem "big" enough to me. The movie is certainly a possibility. Since the Filmation rights have already been secured, which to me would be the next biggest announcement after the MOTUC line was launched, I'm really curious as to what it could be. I'm certainly excited to find out. Hopefully my expectaionts of "biggest" are not too overblown!

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    Announcing the cancellation of MOTUC at Power Con (or any other fan convention) would be suicidal

Not that MOTUC isn't at jeopardy but I highly doubt that Mattel would choose such an event to so! Can you imagine: hordes of fans chasing Toyguru and yelling at him. No way !!!
    I pitured an "end of benny hill" type of chase going down!

Last edited by krosfyah; September 22, 2012 at 11:51am.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Unless I'm blowing out of proportion the words "biggest announcement ever," I feel like a lot of the guesses are not so "big". The starting of the MOTUC line was probably the "biggest announcement ever" for the brand at the time, so I would expect something as big as that. So, things like vehicles or a Castle Grayskull or other ideas like that just don't seem "big" enough to me. The movie is certainly a possibility. Since the Filmation rights have already been secured, which to me would be the next biggest announcement after the MOTUC line was launched, I'm really curious as to what it could be. I'm certainly excited to find out. Hopefully my expectaionts of "biggest" are not too overblown!
    As I said before, Scott is the king of hyperbole. It’s probably something that will underwhelm us all.

How long till the Matty panel? Is it 2 hours now?

I doubt it would be the movie as that would not be announced at a niche fan convention. They would want to save something like that for SDCC and it would be announced by Mattel and the movie studio. A new retail line and cartoon would likely be announced at NYTF. Castle Grayskull/vehicles would be cool, but with sub sales down this year, very unlikely.

So I think it's that 2014 has been greenlit and we will be getting at LEAST 12 figures + Sub exclusive. That is the most likely and fits best for an announcement at Power-Con.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Pixel Dan just posted this over on facebook, feel free to follow his Twitter page located here...

https://twitter.com/#!/PixelDan

for live updates from powercon.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I doubt it would be the movie as that would not be announced at a niche fan convention. They would want to save something like that for SDCC and it would be announced by Mattel and the movie studio. A new retail line and cartoon would likely be announced at NYTF. Castle Grayskull/vehicles would be cool, but with sub sales down this year, very unlikely.

So I think it's that 2014 has been greenlit and we will be getting at LEAST 12 figures + Sub exclusive. That is the most likely and fits best for an announcement at Power-Con.
    Again not saying it IS a movie, but if they've moved into casting and out of development hell, there is ZERO chance they can keep that under wraps for almost a YEAR! movies get greenlit ALL the time, you can't wait for a big moment to announce them all. a lot of movies get announced by simple press releases then you hear it on websites forums or entertainment shows.

AlsoScott said they wouldn't know if 2014 is a go until SDCC. more than likely we will face a thermometer next year.

Fear is faith in failure

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    It has just occurred to me that maybe the big announcement is that Mr. Scott Neitlich ceases to be the Brand Manager of the line. That would certainly be BIG news, although the reaction would totally depend on the hearer: for many, it would sound like heavenly music, and for others, it would sound like the end of the world.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    It has just occurred to me that maybe the big announcement is that Mr. Scott Neitlich ceases to be the Brand Manager of the line. That would certainly be BIG news, although the reaction would totally depend on the hearer: for many, it would sound like heavenly music, and for others, it would sound like the end of the world.
    That would be big news, positive negative and speculative. Announcing a new brand manager would as scott has said numerous times, mean a change in direction for the line. that IS a big development.

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    It's going to be the Battle Ram. Scott will announce that enough windraiders were sold to justify another Vehicle and that the Battle Ram is a go for 2013.
    I'd get three if that's the case.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Again not saying it IS a movie, but if they've moved into casting and out of development hell, there is ZERO chance they can keep that under wraps for almost a YEAR! movies get greenlit ALL the time, you can't wait for a big moment to announce them all. a lot of movies get announced by simple press releases then you hear it on websites forums or entertainment shows.

AlsoScott said they wouldn't know if 2014 is a go until SDCC. more than likely we will face a thermometer next year.
    At the end of the day, the movie front is definitely heating up. In July I posted an audio interview with Todd Black, one of the producers, and he said that, all being well, they should be shooting it next year. The producer wouldn't say something like that if it was still churning along at a slow pace. Then a few weeks later the news about Jon Chu is revealed. And, most importantly, Devon Franklin, who has been a cheerleader for the MOTU film since day one, got promoted last month as Senior Vice President of Production at Sony Pictures and on the press-release announcing it MOTU is mentioned as one of the films he is working on. To have someone at the studio gunning for MOTU is a very big deal. With all this news the film is clearly, for the time being at least, out of Development Hell.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    If it is movie news, there is no reason why the studio wouldn't issue the news themselves around the same time. NYCC is also around the corner, it could easily be announced there.

If it isn't a movie, then I'm guessing "biggest" news would point to the line hitting retail in some form accompanied by a new cartoon and marketing campaign. A full ongoing DC comics series would be big news too, but not the "biggest".

I agree, CG, Battle Ram would be cool, but I don't think that would be it. The smaller CG is coming out soon as well.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Would've been hilarious if prefaced by "Just to manage expectations . . . Biggest Announcement Ever!!!"

The word that's making my mind work overtime is "ever". Now, to me, that would mean exactly what it says "the biggest news ever" for the brand since the announcement of the Classics line. Still, it all depends on what Scott decrees as the biggest news "ever".

Still, I think I'm over-thinking this. It probably is just to announce that 2014 is moving ahead. I still wouldn't say that's the "biggest announcement ever", though.
    Last edited by Krueger; September 22, 2012 at 12:28pm.