View Poll Results: Would you BUY this sub-line?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

59 44.36%
  • NO.

47 35.34%
  • Mmmmm... Maybe just a few figures.

19 14.29%
  • Not interested/Don't care either way.

8 6.02%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC "Down the Road..." 200X Figure-Style Sculpts as a Sub-Line?

MOTUC "Down the Road..." 200X Figure-Style Sculpts as a Sub-Line?

I just wanted to gauge fan interest in these possible types of MOTUC sub-lines...

This sub-line would basically be a revamped continuation of the 200x figure-line (more articulation, original Four Horsemen classic-colors 2-up, paint apps, etc...) Maybe it could rightfully pick-up where the original 200x line left off, before the transition to the staction line, with pose-able figures like Hordak, Stinkor, Snout Spout, etc... Or maybe begin with characters who lacked a 200x figure or staction, such as Spikor, Modulok, and Scare Glow?

So I am quite curious, at this point in time, or in reality, a bit "down the road" if the MOTUC line is successful enough, would this be a sub-line wanted by the He-fan community?
    – No comment.

i would get a few for sure
    Eternian Beastmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Leoghan View Post
    i would get a few for sure
    Yeah I think that would be the answer for most of us who collected all/most of the 200x line, "to fill in the holes."
    – No comment.

Most certianly!!!!!!! I so want to see the 2k line completed and the POP girls get a stylised 4H update!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Most certianly!!!!!!! I so want to see the 2k line completed and the POP girls get a stylised 4H update!
    Yeah these would be great, I hadn't initially thought about these women! However, this delves into the whole Filmation/ER rights issue again (aside from those that made it into the POP figure form, of course...)
    – No comment.

Heroic Warrior
    "Down the road"?

No.

Right now?

Definitely.

I just can't see why they can't give us certain characters right away.

I voted for just a few down the road. Right now I'd rather see 200X characters come out in the new Classics style.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Yes, Id like to be able to see the vintage line completed in 200X style.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Heroic Warrior
    Yes definitely.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think this poll might work a little better if you presented the other eras...so far I think only the 200X fans are entering this thread, so we can't gauge it's importance versus Vintage, NA and POP. Perhaps a multiple choice poll to see which eras would get supported the most? Beware though...it could be quite a powderkeg of a poll, if certain eras are more popular than others.

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    "Down the road"?

No.

Right now?

Definitely.

I just can't see why they can't give us certain characters right away.
    1) I think all the characters up until late 2010 are finalized. Originally we weren't supposed to have 200x characters so their inclusion would take awhile.

2) MOTUC has to do well first to justify any things that weren't originally planned. The line has to do well enough to justify making the unique sculpted vintage characters, let alone 200X.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 18, 2008 at 12:48pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Absolutely...
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I first just wanna say, that I honestly believe that some restraint ought to be exercised, especially at this point in time, in regards to any attempt to bring back MOTU, once again, to the rest of the world.

I am also a fan of pretty much all things MOTU, regardless; a loyal type fan if you will; a fan whose high-hopes and dreams of a kick-ass live-action MOTU film were immediately crushed, post my first viewing of the 1987 abomination of a movie that we were given, yet I still own the damn film on DVD! ...anyway.

All I'm trying to say is that while I'm just as passionate for MOTU as the next He-fan here, or elsewhere, and while I loved the 200x line/style from the start up until it's untimely demise, and would therefore fall under the category of "yeah! I'd buy 200x sculpted figures with MOTUC-type articulation in a heartbeat!"...I STILL WANT WHAT IS BEST FOR MOTUC, AND MOTU IN GENERAL. And to be honest, I think incorporating the 200x sculpts w/ articulation into this line too early, may prove folly.

What I mean is, unfortunately, MOTU really seems to be once again at the brink of extinction. Here we are again in 2008/2009 with yet another incarnation of MOTU, after two marginally successful/borderline failure relaunches of the brand, the first being the late 80's early 90's NA/He-Man, and the second of course is the 200x line. Now while we (and those like us posters in this thread here) LOVED the 4Hm's 200x re-visioning of our beloved MOTU, at the end of the day, the line ultimately didn't really catch on, didn't live up to retailers sales expectations as had been hyped up by Mattel, and unfortunately seems to be at least one of the main reasons why we are now looking at this exclusively online MOTUC line, as opposed to a major return to the major b&m retail stores. And just that simple attribute about this line suggests a sense of fragility.

But we all have yet again, a "second chance" for MOTU to succeed, and from the looks of things, the general initial response to this line, suggests that we are ON THE RIGHT TRACK! And what that comes down to is, well, the actual figures themselves (for some their packaging is also just as important, but I'd say first and foremost, it's the actual figures): Do we like them/love them or not, and so far, the general response seems to be in favor of this line and it's particular nostalgic type styling/sculpting. AND IF WE TRULY ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK, THEN WE OUGHT NOT VEER FROM IT TOO FAR, OR TOO SOON. In other words, while I LOVE the 200x figures ) aside from a few major re-visioning missteps imo such as, the He-Man and Prince Adam figures) I really think we should NOT spread MOTU too thin, too soon, before it is able to get good footing first. So I say, don't hype up this new "classics," reusable-parts-based, sculpting style, only to give way to a return to the 200x style but with added, better articulation and paint schemes, especially when this new "classics" style has, as it seems, been embraced by the majority of the fan-community here, the meat of the market for this line.

(All) that said, I am still all "for" the incorporation of the 200x style/figures into the MOTUC line, just simply "down the road" and not any sooner as that may only water-down the taste for the "NEW" MOTUC line/style before it even has a real chance to "be all it can be," what it was meant to be: a classic interpretation/tribute to the 'ol classic style and look of the classic line, ramped up a tad.

**Pheeeeewww!**
    – No comment.

I would be happy to get the characters that we didn't get in the 200x line made in that style to complete the line. Maybe set it up so twice a year, we get two of them released at the same time (every June and October, for example.) I would also want to get them in 2-packs, if possible. That would make them a bit more expensive, but it would ensure that more figures were bought by collectors in order to complete the line, and ensure that Mattel didn't loose money on such a venture.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; September 29, 2008 at 10:44pm.

I'd buy a few, but only figures that weren't released as 2002-04 action-figure or staction.

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Heroic Warrior
    oh, and not as a 'sub-line'.

I want them in the regular line, where they belong.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I vote yes, definitely.

No way. For the most part I thought that line was super lame.

nope. hate the 200x stuff.

I voted no. I loved and supported the work the 4H did with the 200x MOTU line, but now that I own MOTU classics, I could not go back.

Man, if they found a reasonable way to get back to the 200X designs (not MotUC styles, but totally the original designs and bodies with articulation and full paint jobs) then I'd be TOTALLY into it. Those redesigns were too awesome to let go of. I still pull out my 200X figures and marvel at them before anything else. Not only are they fun toys, but they are little works of art. I'm already drooling at the thought of those same figures with full articulation and everything painted in (as opposed to the mass-market paint where many details were unpainted).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Yes Yes YES!! And the line should be called Ultimate Masters of the Universe!
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

No- I think it is just time to move on- and regardless, those design elements are already currently being folded in with MOTUC.

Hmm ... maybe just a few ones!

I'm not a big fan of the regular 200X line.
    But I adore the mini statues,
    so if they gave us movable stactions,
    I would be in Heaven!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

No...not my taste !

No interest in 200X style whatsoever, so no.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!