View Poll Results: Buzz Saw Hordak

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • want

56 37.33%
  • do not want

94 62.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buzzsaw Hordak IS COMING in 2014-2015 DEAL WITH IT!

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar

Buzzsaw Hordak IS COMING in 2014-2015 DEAL WITH IT!

MGM posted a quote in the FAILmation Hordak thread about Buzz Saw Hordak, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand basically, "to manage expectations"

"a potential Buzz Saw Hordak figure or in fact any 2014-2015 figure"
    - Toyguru via http://popcritica.com/ask-matty-june-1-2014-edition/

"a potential"
    is likened to "in fact any" 2014-2015 figure! I don't see any other possible way to read that then as a backhanded confirmation that Buzz Saw Hordak is a LOCK for 2014-2015. That is pretty big news! He usually doesn't do figure reveals in text like this except to say "NO" like with Kayo and stuff like that. That raises a question; does Toyguru know how Bad Hurricane Hordak sold?

Do YOU want this BS Hordak figure? I do NOT and my screen name is essentially derived from HIS mini comic! Do you think Toyguru knows what The Buzz Saw Hordak Looks Like? It's just regular Hordak with Rio-Blast "action feature". Lets remember to remind EVERYBODY that THIS Hordak is coming soon! Our upcoming annual pledge drive is just around the corner so lets not bury this hot news report! Bubble Catra, Action figure Catra, Scratch Catra and Starburt She-Ra are not warranted for 2014-2015. NOBODY wants 200X JUNK, not even Mattel. We can't have Light Spinner for "legal purposes" but by DAMN we MUST have THIS Hordak? Why does Hordak get so Many variants? Why do they all kinda suck? Can't Fisto get a variant instead? Give him the 200X snake charm arm band and make people happy! He-man and Skeletor seam to always get more tooling and paint apps, they even get extra HEADS! Just counting single carded variants, who has more in Classics Skeletor or Hordak?

What is worse; that Mattel continues to produce thing we DO NOT WANT or that we we are stupid enough to buy it anyway? This is what turns Subscribers into a Cherry Pickers! I'm never going to get the complete collection that I want, so why should I try? This is an expensive hobby FOR ME so I have to constantly thinkk about this type of stuff. Does anyone even think it worth the effort to make "NO BUZZ SAW HORDAK PLEASE" a formal request? Or is it a lost cause?

I'll put it another way, do we want Buzz Saw Hordak or do we want Skeleteen? Perhaps well get Lord Masque in a movie year?

P.S.

I'm not complaining. I know that someone will clam that I am, but I assure them that I'm not hence the reason why I phrased most of that in to the form of a question. I'm curious to know what everyone else thinks. Is this a GOOD thing? Should we support things nobody wants? How many Toys do you think it would take to fill up the grand canyon? Can we do it with just variants?

Oh, BTW

I looked for a Buzz Saw Hordak thread and found two of them in the charecter support and speculation section, but i figured that since Toyguru has rendered speculation pointless and that this (FROM my perspective) isn't a "support" thread, I couldn't figure out where I should post this string of thoughts. I figure with thoughts it's best to just [I]post em all and let the Mods sort them out.
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; June 7, 2014 at 04:17am.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly, I don't want any variants taking up monthly slots...if they want to release them as quarterly bonus figures, that's fine. I don't have a problem with Buzz Saw Hordak so much as I do if they slot him for a monthly figure in place of a new one....
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post

NOBODY wants 200X JUNK.

What is worse; that Mattel continues to produce thing we DO NOT WANT or that we we are stupid enough to buy it anyway? ]
    Well, I guess I AM stupid but I DO want BS Hordak and 200X junk.

DEAL WITH IT..

I want 200X stuff, but another Hordak variant after Failmation Hordak would be crazy.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

He is part of the Vintage line...should be no surprise he is somewhere in 2014-2015.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

It really depends on how he is executed and what accessories he includes.
    If he has got a new full body armor instead of his tank top that would be a good enough reason for me to want him
    Awesome sticker included!

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    PEOPLE WHO VOTE WANT: WHY?
    (tap, tap, tap: is this thing even on?) all friends, Romans and peoples from all of the countries...

Bender Rodríguez,

lucas,

Oo-Lar

I'm asking for you to explain what about this version of Hordak it is that YOU find appealing?
    Did you have it as a kid?
    DO you like what they have done with Rio in Classics?
    Is it that belt?
    what makes this "valid" in your opinion whereas Catra, or whoever else is not?

CanadaClassics:
    It was a surprise to me, I guess because I assumed because it wasn't He-Man & Skeletor, but was more like Catra and She-Ra. That makes sense to me. But even if "VINTAGE PURITY" is the goal...what about this Hordak would be all that differnt from the 1st one?

EXCELLENT observation Grayskull's heir
    FULL body armor (like on Fisto and Jitsu) would change my vote! Especially if it was FILMation styled (bare sides & larger bones) since it would need to be new tool/sculpt ANYWAY. Considering the transformation gimmick, that actually stands to reason. If that is all just part of the plan it would REALLY be DUMB since you can't part swap with Hurricane Hordak, FAILmation Hordak and original Hordak to make a proper FILMation styled Hordak, or even a comic book/poster styled one much less the ***** & giggles that is the fun of parts swapping!

No-Ah
    I even want some of the 200X stuff. I'd love a 200X armored stone skinned Hordak or even a DC52 styled one. I REALLY WANT this concept HORDAK from MVCreations.

I wouldn't care what they call it! I WANT THAT. Look...It's basically "me"...How many of us can say "look at that toy, that is me" That would be pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Piett View Post
    Honestly, I don't want any variants taking up monthly slots...if they want to release them as quarterly bonus figures, that's fine. I don't have a problem with Buzz Saw Hordak so much as I do if they slot him for a monthly figure in place of a new one....
    What does that matter if they are still part of the sub? Like this and last year we got ONE variant. Cool variants mine you. Or do you mean like how FAILmation Hordak is OUTSIDE of the sub?

Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post
    Well, I guess I AM stupid but I DO want BS Hordak and 200X junk.

DEAL WITH IT..
    I wasn't calling you anything that I ain't my self! EVERYTHING is just junk. You should see how many Luke Skywalkers and batmans I have It's embarsing the reason I'll buy a Superman and I liked A LOT of the 200X stuff. I'd go full Cyborg Samurai Rock em sock me arm canons so long as we stay away from spin blade mustard sword level stuff...

Cosmic Armor He-Man was awesome! Though I preferred the full shirt one. I still want the 4HM to make Horde Buster He-Man...

But I thought the major point of 2014-2015 was to make the most possible CHARACTERS. Even He-Man & Skeletor retreads might prevent us from getting the likes of Veena, Lord Masque, Critta or Skeleteen. I love variants as much as the next guy, but do any of us want to live in the world that NEVER gets a Skeleteen action figure? I might as well just jump off that cliff now.

Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; June 7, 2014 at 05:20am.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Inside or outside the sub makes no difference to me personally because I always buy two of every item, even of variants. Even of Spirit of H.
    What bothers me are the additional shipping costs.
    Awesome sticker included!

Getting him would not bother me, so long as its later, I would prefer more important variants 1st, like 200x king hsss, 200x sorcerress, or a figure of NA she-ra.
    One with the Power

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Help save the Stargate series vist http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'll be honest BS Hordak is one I'm not looking forward to. It's a wasted slot as far as I'm concerned as he's basically the same Hordak with a saw!

They should either give him a drastic makeover, skip him entirely until 2016 and beyond (if it happens) or just pack the buzz saw with another figure.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    I don't want him, BUT TG confirmed him long ago so this wasn't news to me. He said ALL vintage MOTU figures INCLUDING variants would be released by the end of 2015! I feel the slots that the 5 variants will take up is better used for non variants but ah well. Hopefully two of them( as four of the five are He-Man and Skeletor variants) will be in a SDCC two-pack so subbers don't have to buy them all.
    We need a Snake Teela and Critta in MOTUC! The snakemen and Space mutants are the only factions without a girl in them!

Heroic Warrior
    I'd rather personally have at least twelve variants that are not on the table over this one, at least.

Just off the top of my head:
    Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn
    NA Sorceress
    MYP Sorceress
    Ice Armor He-man
    Fire Armor Skeletor
    MYP Teela
    DC52 Midrift Teela
    NA Teela
    Snake Armor He-man
    Toy Catra
    Starburst She-ra
    Battle Sound He-man
    Battle Sound Skeletor
    "Red Beast" Beastman
    Alcala "fleshtone" Stratos
    MYP King Hisssss
    Toy prototype versions of JewelStar or Tallstar
    .............could probably list three times as many if I really kept on.

We have enough Hordaks at this point! 'Nuff said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    PEOPLE WHO VOTE WANT: WHY?
    (tap, tap, tap: is this thing even on?) all friends, Romans and peoples from all of the countries...

Bender Rodríguez,

lucas,

Oo-Lar

I'm asking for you to explain what about this version of Hordak it is that YOU find appealing?
    Did you have it as a kid?
    DO you like what they have done with Rio in Classics?
    Is it that belt?
    what makes this "valid" in your opinion whereas Catra, or whoever else is not?

CanadaClassics:
    It was a surprise to me, I guess because I assumed because it wasn't He-Man & Skeletor, but was more like Catra and She-Ra. That makes sense to me. But even if "VINTAGE PURITY" is the goal...what about this Hordak would be all that differnt from the 1st one?

EXCELLENT observation Grayskull's heir
    FULL body armor (like on Fisto and Jitsu) would change my vote! Especially if it was FILMation styled (bare sides & larger bones) since it would need to be new tool/sculpt ANYWAY. Considering the transformation gimmick, that actually stands to reason. If that is all just part of the plan it would REALLY be DUMB since you can't part swap with Hurricane Hordak, FAILmation Hordak and original Hordak to make a proper FILMation styled Hordak, or even a comic book/poster styled one much less the ***** & giggles that is the fun of parts swapping!

No-Ah
    I even want some of the 200X stuff. I'd love a 200X armored stone skinned Hordak or even a DC52 styled one. I REALLY WANT this concept HORDAK from MVCreations.

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...ordak_full.jpg
    I wouldn't care what they call it! I WANT THAT. Look...It's basically "me"...How many of us can say "look at that toy, that is me" That would be pretty cool!

What does that matter if they are still part of the sub? Like this and last year we got ONE variant. Cool variants mine you. Or do you mean like how FAILmation Hordak is OUTSIDE of the sub?

I wasn't calling you anything that I ain't my self! EVERYTHING is just junk. You should see how many Luke Skywalkers and batmans I have It's embarsing the reason I'll buy a Superman and I liked A LOT of the 200X stuff. I'd go full Cyborg Samurai Rock em sock me arm canons so long as we stay away from spin blade mustard sword level stuff...

Cosmic Armor He-Man was awesome! Though I preferred the full shirt one. I still want the 4HM to make Horde Buster He-Man...

But I thought the major point of 2014-2015 was to make the most possible CHARACTERS. Even He-Man & Skeletor retreads might prevent us from getting the likes of Veena, Lord Masque, Critta or Skeleteen. I love variants as much as the next guy, but do any of us want to live in the world that NEVER gets a Skeleteen action figure? I might as well just jump off that cliff now.

.....UGH! Skeleteen. You had to remind me that Skeleteen exists. Thanks for that. So. Much. Keep trying to forget!
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and and original here

I have no interest in variants unless they are significant to the characters story such as Keldor, Kronis, Adam, NA Skeletor etc or have a significantly different look such as Alcala Skeletor head and Filmation Hordak. Buzz Saw Hordak seems a waste or a slot unless he has a Filmation head with him. How many Hordaks that are just a different colour or with a different outfit do we need? Already got the original, Hurricane, Spirit and Failmation.

I'm saying "yes" I want him, because I see potential to include some killer accessories with him (alternate Imp forms, arm cannon attachments, crossbow for another Horde member like Catra or Mosquitor, etc). He's going to be a simple repaint, for sure. But I like the idea of completing all the vintage variants- and he IS one of 'em. Just load him up is all I ask for, and make the paint apps on the figure itself really really solid (I still hate the sloppy, lightly-brushed-on, see-through silver used on the original MOTUC Hordak release!) and I won't complain.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Buzz Saw Hordak for me seems like a waste of a slot unless he has a Filmation head with him which we know he wont have.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Dragstor : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : The Twiggets

I voted DO NOT WANT and that´s not completely true i do not need it, since he almost looks like the original release.

And they could have used FILMATION Hordak to put in so many accessories, like great attachments for the arm, different transformed Imps and a second head but they didn´t even though they said the had a budget....

So no thank you, fool me once shame on me, fool me twice sham on you. i´m not taking that chance.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Unless Buzzsaw Hordak comes with some really awesome accessory or something, I think he's a waste.

He's literally the original Hordak with a compartment in his chest for a buzzsaw. Same figure, except for the new torso, that is used to accommodate the saw. If you change him up too much, he ceases to be Buzzsaw Hordak and turns into something else, so a reinvention is out.

Including a Filmation Hordak head is also out of the question.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Can't answer until I see the figure, honestly. They could straight up remake the vintage figure, or take the chance to add some interesting items or redesign him a little. All depends on what they do.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

i would easily pass on variants like this and terroclaws, they're essentially the same figure with different accessories. IT would be be cool if they released such accessories in separate packs

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisLasek View Post
    TG confirmed him long ago so this wasn't news to me. He said ALL vintage MOTU figures INCLUDING variants would be released by the end of 2015!
    Exactly. We've known that Buzz-Saw Hordak was part of the 2014-2015 wrap-up for a LONG time. This really isn't anything new.

I'm glad that the vintage MOTU variants will be completed. It will mean that all vintage MOTU figures will have been redone for Classics. That is amazing when you think about it!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Not a suprise. Its like saying Ninjor or Mermista is coming. I don't want him and think he's a wasted slot but I know we're getting him. He's one of the reasons Im hoping that there is a variant mini sub that I don't have to buy...lol.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    What if Buzz Saw Hordak is not necessarily another figure, but an attachment included with another figure or weapons pack? Maybe they do a Flying Fists He-Man vs. Terror Claws Skeletor two-pack and add in the Buzz Saw attachments that would fit over the regular Hordak figure?
    Support Crystal Moonbeam in MOTUC - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...nbeam-in-MOTUC!

If Axel or the 4H redesign the look of the character so that he isn't just a plain Hordak with a gimmic, I think that he will be better received. Even a different paint deco would help.

He'd be the 5th Hordak figure we get on Classics with very little differences to past Hordaks. (Normal, Cherry, Hurricane,Failmation)
    Personally, Failmation Hordak should have been made into a Cartoon/Buzz Saw Hybrid. That way, if one wanted a more Vintage Accurate BS Hordak, an armor swap with plain Hordak sealed the deal.

I'd love to get a redesigned BS Hordak (Thinking Roboto upper arms and shoulders, NA Skeletor thighs to show a more techno-virus look. Heck! Give him the Filmation Robotic Head and make the BS Armor be more Filmation inspired or something to make him pop!) Chances are this won't happen.
    If we get a plain old Hordak with a different Armor, then he'd suck more than the proposed SMAA (Before he got teched out!)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I want this figure and it's no surprise that he's coming between now and DEC 2015 since we were told we'd get all vintage MOTU and variants within the next two years.

However, if you don't want him, or even many people don't want him, I understand. For one, he obviously isn't much different from regular Hordak. And for another, we already have many Hordak figures with another blueberry one on the way. (He comes in all flavors!) But, I'm a big Hordak fan, so another Hordak or two is cool with me.

To be honest, when this line started this figure stood out in my eyes as one that shouldn't be made. After all...it's just regular Hordak with a buzz-saw that springs out of his chest. However, with the lack of action features in this line... it will just be regular Hordak with a buss saw that doesn't fire. ...But I have a dream of owning every vintage character in classics form! Just like the DCUC fans got to create the entire Super Power's line up on one shelf, I want to create the entire vintage MOTU line up on mine! (Btw I collect all factions and have subbed every year).

I'm hoping that Matty, the H4 and Scott etc, have the foresight in this case to plus this figure up a bit. Now's the time to include extra bits with this Hordak figure! Since blue berry Hordak can arm-swap...then by God use the arm-swap on Buzz Saw Hordak! Give us the cannon arm in gray and make it swapable with his real arms! OR Give us a buzz saw attachment at the end of one of his arms as well as his chest! And maybe....just maybe put a Filmation Hordak head in the box as a bonus.

Okay so, if Buzz Saw Hordak is already too far along in production for the Filmation head, I'll understand, but I will be looking for a swapable gray cannon arm. Then fans could think of Buzz Saw Hordak, more like a battle ground Hordak or a 2.0 deluxe figure. Use him to make your ultimate Hordak. That's of course, IF Matty decides to make more than just Hordak with a buzz saw.

Come on Matty. Show us some of the creativity we have seen on many of the previous figures! There's a lot in the MOTUC line that is worth loving!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!