View Poll Results: Are the knee-jerk reactions getting out of control?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Patience is a virtue

93 75.00%
  • No - Get rid of it, fix it, kill it, it is dead to me

31 25.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are knee-jerk reactions getting out of control?

Are knee-jerk reactions getting out of control?

Snake Man-At-Arms has been revealed and there are posts crying about him being a lazy repaint and that he shouldn't be in the sub.

It has been stated that he will come with a second head but that doesn't seem to quell the dissatisfaction even though the second head hasn't even been shown yet.

It took an hour from the reveal of Snake MAA before a thread was started asking for it to be removed from the sub. Are the knee-jerk reactions getting out of control?

There is a difference between asking for impovements (ala the ponytail head, arm cannon and different armour colour) and asking for the figure to be removed from the sub entirely and stating it is a waste of a spot.

Wouldn't it have been wiser to allow for the full, finished and complete figure to be revealed before starting a **** storm?

Some fans are taken for the ass

Sorry no alternate head will make this figure worth buying. I'd sooner have 2 regular MAA figures!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I can definitely see why fans are upset. Without other elements like the 200X arm Cannon or unhelmeted head, some fans think that we have Snake Man-At-Arms already--just pop a palace guard head onto the existing MAA figure. There is nothing to justify getting this figure.

Simple repaints for 200X characters is something that fans have BEEN warned Toyguru about in 2010 during the 200X He-Man debacle. The fans believe that this is everything that is to be revealed with Snake Man-At-Arms and usually they would be right. Toyguru will probably confirm it tomorrow morning and the anger and rage will start up again.

I think the alternate head is probably the mustached MAA head.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

But you don't know that for sure MGM. It could be the mustached ponytail head. And there is still a chance that the arm cannon could come with him.

Don't forget that Thunder Punch He-Man wasn't revealed with everything initially

I'm guily of knee jerk reactions, but they are getting a bit out of control, imo.

The discussion gets muddy though, what is over reaction vs crticism, is moderation calming or stifling?

At the end of the day, it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round. This is a place for people to vent frustrations with others who understand, share praise with others who are just as excited, and express hopes for what they'll see for their favorite figures (I'm lookin' at you Peekablue ). I'm just happy to able to interact with people who share a hobby with me, especially since it is global! (it's the little things)
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

It gets worse when posters start coming in to threads and post that the figures sucks because it doesn't come with an extra head yet it has been stated in the thread.

Knee-jerk reactions are because people are impatient and don't read threads where the information is posted so they come to their own conclussions without getting all the facts

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    It gets worse when posters start coming in to threads and post that the figures sucks because it doesn't come with an extra head yet it has been stated in the thread.

Knee-jerk reactions are because people are impatient and don't read threads where the information is posted so they come to their own conclussions without getting all the facts
    I really think the .org needs a 'Thunderdome'! a section similar to the 'Support' section, wherein different issues are debated for 1 week -as long as no one in there swears or uses personal attacks against anyone...all bets are OFF!

Let em fight it out! then once the weeks up, lock the 'Debate' and the understanding is that all the people with issues had their chance!

that way hopefully 80% of the main MOTUC forums negativity will disapate!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Great idea, Ka. Two men enter, one man leaves

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Great idea, Ka. Two men enter, one man leaves
    nice Idea...though around here it will be more like ' 38 men Enter and yell a lot, and be snippy at each other until kicked out at debate closing time'!

(Id also suggest making it like the 'Tar Pit' you hafta be ok'd by val to access it!)
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; October 15, 2011 at 11:21pm.

[/CENTER]

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    No.

I, too, felt a taken for the ass as soon as I heard "Snake Man-At-Arms", I felt even more a taken for the ass when I saw the pics, but once I saw the hilarious taken for the ass thread, I warmed up to him! Especially since he's not completely finished. Hopefully they can spice him up at least a little bit. He's too much of a minor repaint with a new head and a snake ring.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I really think the .org needs a 'Thunderdome'! a section similar to the 'Support' section, wherein different issues are debated for 1 week -as long as no one in there swears or uses personal attacks against anyone...all bets are OFF!

Let em fight it out! then once the weeks up, lock the 'Debate' and the understanding is that all the people with issues had their chance!

that way hopefully 80% of the main MOTUC forums negativity will disapate!

ka
    I love it! Great idea, Ka.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I think initially it's annoying, BUT sometimes dousing the spark with water prevents the fire. So I think in some ways it's good because make it known that something isn't right with enough time for things to get changed. Patience is a virtue but the squeaky wheel also gets the grease. problem is when the wheels squeak for everything, or no one speaks up against anything.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    if he has his myp helmetless head & cannon blaster i would jump at this figure.
    i'm really hoping that he does

Snake Man-At-Arms is dead to me.

if you don't like the color scheme, i'm not sure what being patient will do in this situation other than not giving immediate feedback matty in the hopes they still have time to make a change.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    I don't know... I just look at Snake Man-at-Arms as a cool refresh of a main character. I like that he is MYP colors. I'll probably end up putting the snake head on my old Man-at-Arms figure. If he doesn't come with a blaster, than they really should look at making one for the next weapons pack.

I feel like they kind of shot themselves in the foot with this one. If they had just called him "Man-at-Arms", and included the head as a bonus inside the package, I think more people would be going nuts over him.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; October 16, 2011 at 07:30pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Knee jerk reactions are why we are getting the wings on the griffon changed.

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    IMO there is a difference Between 'Knee Jerk' reactions and Discussion and options being posted by constructive members. The Powers that be saw the 'PS Mock ups' and paid attention.

[/CENTER]

I think it's getting ridiculous. There have been plenty of things I haven't liked in this line, but the constant tantrums with every bit of news is embarassing. It's people either vowing to quit the line, getting offended by everything that Mattel/ToyGuru/The 4H say or do, insulting ToyGuru or fellow fans, or acting like spoiled entitled children. All Mattel owes us is what we pay for. If you get a broken toy or a damaged box, I feel they should be held accountable. If they make a toy you don't like or a character in a color that isn't your first choice, them's the breaks. Voice your disappointment, refuse to buy the toy or the next year's subscription, and move on. I honestly don't know why ToyGuru even continues to come to this site. Maybe it's this bad all over the place, but it shouldn't be.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

yes -patience is a virtue

Unfortunately in today's world highlights the negative things more than positive things , and org is not exempt to that
    I fight against it.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Heroic Warrior
    I don't ask for much. Like everyone here, all I want is not to be taken for the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    I could not disagree with this more. The reason the griffin is getting its wings changed is the polite requests on the ask matty forum, WITH photoshopped corected colours. These knee jerk "i want them out" or "its not 0X enough" or "toyguru is an a$$" statements are really why more and more people are leaving the boards.....
    MOTUC is my thing!

you know, i kinda scanned thru the ass thread and there's really only one person who has a HUGE negative reaction. most are giving constructive criticism and a few others are mocking subscribers cause we are forced to take this figure.

for me, the way the fig is now, i'm ambivalent, but i'm not angry about it.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigfella View Post
    I could not disagree with this more. The reason the griffin is getting its wings changed is the polite requests on the ask matty forum, WITH photoshopped corected colours. These knee jerk "i want them out" or "its not 0X enough" or "toyguru is an a$$" statements are really why more and more people are leaving the boards.....
    With some exceptions, the 200X fans have BEEN politely asking for changes, especially when they have vintage fans taunting them for wanting 200X things in the line to begin with.

A few fans flipping out isn't EVERYONE flipping out.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

A Suggestion to Stop These Reactions!

The figures should stop being shown until they are ready for complete presentation.

The figures are shown to fans in a rushed manner to gather excitement and please. Examples of figures shown before ready and their problems:

Showing Dreago and then taking back his accessories
    Showing Snake MAA before all his parts are available for show
    Showing Spector before his weapons were ready
    Showing Thunder He-Nan incomplete with full armor and all accessories
    Showing Leech with a with head on incorrectly
    Showing a number of figures being held together by putty or loose adhesives

The presentation is terrible for such a corporate icon in the toy industry.
    Sometimes, MOTUC appears to using this site as a test group for the line.

The anger here could be avoided periodically, if the figures were not rushed for presentation. This would solve many of "knee-jerk reactions getting out of control."

A diplomatic medium, the answer is yes and no.
    One event phenomenon is causing the other!
    Last edited by Alexxandar; October 16, 2011 at 09:42pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost