• D-List

28 22.76%
  • Z-List

59 47.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Rank Rotar's Importance

Rank Rotar's Importance

Next up we have Rotar.

This is a multiple choice poll with 2 categories to vote in. The first category is whether or not you would buy a variant of this character. The second category is the overall importance you feel this character brings to the franchise.

Variant worthy?

Variant Worthy: This is a character that you believe is variant worthy. You're willing to purchase different variants of this character even if your favorite version is the first one released. Matty can certainly put them in MOTUC's quarterly variant slot for you.

Not Variant Worthy: You don't feel this character needs any variants whatsoever. You only hope that when they make this character that they get them right the first time around. You do not want to be taken for the ass.

Importance

A-List: Integral to the story and the franchise. MOTU isn't MOTU without them. This is a core character that is extremely important to you. If Mattel doesn't make them, someone will have some serious explaining to do!

B-List: They might not be integral to the story in your eyes but this is an excellent supportive character that helps to round out the story, franchise and your collection.

C-List: You feel this is a good guest star type of character. You don't expect to see them hanging around the supportive crew all the time but you still want to see them show up to lend a helping hand now and then.

D-List: Fills the role of background character and cameo maker for you. You acknowledge their existence but in a very limited way. This is an "okay" character.

Z-List: You'd rather forget about this character entirely. Should they never be mentioned again in MOTU-lore, you would be quite happy. This character would kill teh lien for you.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

C-List. I've never been excited about this dude. He sits in the back of my shelf. We should have him in the classics line, but I don't want to see a variant of him.

I really would love to see him sculpted for the line, he was a blast when I was a kid, and as a fan of the masters, any figure from all, should be put into this line, as for those characters that were show cased in filmation!!!!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I feel he is a c-list character.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Not variant worthy and Z-List.

If Rotar comes to Classics, I can't wait to see the reaction towards him.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    A-List and Variant worthy. I can think of an endless array of possibilities which this character. And when people mention MOTU, they can't help but associate Rotar with it. An integral part of Masters of the Universe!

No, not really. Z-List and not variant worthy.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Yay. The first character I can hit Z-list on.

Only figure worse than him is his evil legless counterpart. The pic sorta makes you think of Ram-Man.

Very D-List, no variants, but I would love to get this guy in MOTUC, as well as Twistoid. What fun!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I think Rotar and Twistoid would be the only vintage characters I could call D-list. I really don't think I even knew they existed until 2 or 3 years ago.

And variants? What variants could you possibly make?
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Snappy Threader
    D list in my opinion...butt....I do look forward to seeing how the 4H tackle him. Of course if and when.....

Not variant but I'd love to learn more about him.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Anything lower than Z? Actuully I suppose this depends, if the 4H and work their magic like they did with Bow and Optikk (both of which if you'd asked at the start of the line I would have said no thanks, now they are both in my top 10), could they do it again?
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    ... What variants could you possibly make?
    I can imagine him with legs (like a pre-catastrophe version) and the familiar without, but I said 'Not Variant-Worthy,' because if they give us both, it will be like Hiss' swappable upper body; there's no way they would (or should) do a second release of this D-Lister.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

(Negative) Z-List and Not Variant Worthy.

Isn't there a thread in the main section about someone seeking input on different ways to trash their figures? I could almost envision someone starting a thread dedicated to the different ways someone could trash Rotar...

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Not variant worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    (Negative) Z-List and Not Variant Worthy.

Isn't there a thread in the main section about someone seeking input on different ways to trash their figures? I could almost envision someone starting a thread dedicated to the different ways someone could trash Rotar...
    Agreed. One of the worst figures.

Heroic Warrior
    No variants, Z-lister.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Heroic Warrior
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    I voted variant becuase if he had legs that in my eyes would be a variant.
    My wants:Evil Seed, Calix, Hungra,Sneer, Veena, Lady Slither

D list. Really got no interest in him at all.

Zzzz-list...certainly not variant worthy. He`s not even MOTU worthy.
    MOTUC Most Wanted : Attak Trak, Stridor, Night Stalker, Masks of Power Demons,
    Alcala-Style-Figures, Point Dread & Talon Fighter