Thread: Traveling with Grayskull: How much can you fit in the castle?

Heroic Warrior

Traveling with Grayskull: How much can you fit in the castle?

As the title states, how much can you fit in Grayskull? I had to travel for work, and wanted to take some of my favorite figures with me to the hotel. Even I was surprised by how much I actually fit into the castle. First, I open the castle and laid it on it's back. While there, I stacked all the floor pieces on the bottom of the castle on the ground floor. After that, I crammed as many warriors into the dungeon as possible, starting with the women. In the dungeon is Evil-Lyn, Teela, The Goddess, Zodac, and Orko. Next, I sat the Sorceress on the throne and crammed as many figures as possible on the second story. I also put all the artifacts, the Orb of Power, and both orb holders in the orb chamber. Then, I closed it and hung Webstor off the front and placed Panthor and Battle Cat on the very top. Then, I opened the side "escape" door and stuck another figures through that and ended up getting another toe figures in. Noticed space through the front window by the space suit, and crammed Zoar and Screech in. The only thing I ended up having to pack separately was the Weapons Rack. In all, there were all the accessories, 25 figures, two falcons, two large beasts and all the figure's accessories.....a LOT MORE than I originally estimated. Castle Grayskull is a carrying case as well as a play set! Can't post pics with the thread, so I'm going to post them as replies. It's crazy the amount of stuff you can fit into the closed castle!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and original here

Quote Originally Posted by True Form View Post
    As the title states, how much can you fit in Grayskull? I had to travel for work, and wanted to take some of my favorite figures with me to the hotel. Even I was surprised by how much I actually fit into the castle.

First, I open the castle and laid it on it's back. While there, I stacked all the floor pieces on the bottom of the castle on the ground floor.

After that, I crammed as many warriors into the dungeon as possible, starting with the women. In the dungeon is Evil-Lyn, Teela, The Goddess, Zodac, and Orko.

Next, I sat the Sorceress on the throne and crammed as many figures as possible on the second story. I also put all the artifacts, the Orb of Power, and both orb holders in the orb chamber. Then, I closed it and hung Webstor off the front and placed Panthor and Battle Cat on the very top. Then, I opened the side "escape" door and stuck another figures through that and ended up getting another toe figures in. Noticed space through the front window by the space suit, and crammed Zoar and Screech in. The only thing I ended up having to pack separately was the Weapons Rack.

In all, there were all the accessories, 25 figures, two falcons, two large beasts and all the figure's accessories.....a LOT MORE than I originally estimated. Castle Grayskull is a carrying case as well as a play set! Can't post pics with the thread, so I'm going to post them as replies. It's crazy the amount of stuff you can fit into the closed castle!!!

Looks like you did a good job but personaly. I cringe at the idea of them rubbing together like that. and risking paint app damage I would have indiviualy wraps each fig in small bubble wrap. probley would not fit as many, but paint app damage would not be an issue. not trying to sound like a jerk but be carefull takeing them out man.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by braxsis364 View Post
    Looks like you did a good job but personaly. I cringe at the idea of them rubbing together like that. and risking paint app damage I would have indiviualy wraps each fig in small bubble wrap. probley would not fit as many, but paint app damage would not be an issue. not trying to sound like a jerk but be carefull takeing them out man.
    That's probably not such a bad idea seeing as I packed WAY too many for the space I had. So far, there is absolutely no paint damage to anything though. I'm thinking you can easily fit a dozen figures safely with no problems or worries.
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and original here

Quote Originally Posted by braxsis364 View Post
    The child in you would probably be cocking his/her head at your statement, both not understanding the need to bubble wrap toys, and probably slap you for even considering doing so!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

eh, just throw 'em in there like we did back in the day. they are pretty sturdy toys, they'll be fine
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Just all the power in the universe, that's all.
    "Problems Weaver?"

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    The child in you would probably be cocking his/her head at your statement, both not understanding the need to bubble wrap toys, and probably slap you for even considering doing so!
    Your probley right my inner child would be confused. and upon being slapped, my outer adult collector would counter. these figs are to expensive to be played with. exspecialy certain ones like Teela, Whip lash, Sorceress,Stinkor just to name a few.but I do understand what your saying.

and I do have a few that I don't feel to badly beating on. that being said,I don't play with my figs. unless I have extras that are loose. I don't play to roughly with my Grayskull, ether. other then just checking it out, adding things. close her back up and back on the shelf. if I had someone to play with a like minded individual. or little niece or neffew might be a different story but then again only with extras.

Make with the pics!
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Make with the pics!
    I keep trying to but it says the pictures are too large. All together, I got Zoar, Screech, He-man, Man-at-arms , Teela, Sorceress, The Goddess, Orko, Mekaneck, Ram-man, Stratos, Man-e-faces, Fisto, Mossman, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Jitsu, Beastman, Merman Trapjaw, Faker, Fangman, Whiplash, Stinkor, Webstor, and Triclops. Both Battle Cat and Panthor on the very top and the training device, ladder and flag pole, as well as both of the bird perches, the Orb, both orb holder, both spell books and the wheel of infinity. I got all the weapon rack weapons in, but I had to pack the weapon rack seperately, though.