Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Playsets! (Snake Mountain, Fright Zone, Crystal Castle, Slime Pit, etc.)

I'd like to see Snake Mountain get a release but there is no way I would pay more than $250 for it or any other playset. I'm a huge Star Wars fan too and I still haven't even purchased the BMF yet.

If they can keep the prices reasonable I'd like to see Fright Zone/Slime Pit, Point Dread/Talon Fighter, 200X Slime Pit than can attach to Snake Mountain. For Eternia I would be perfectly content with it being facade pieces.

Some diorama pieces would be cool too. Skeletor's Throne and Table, Zodac's Chair, Zodak's Weapon Rack, & Royal Thrones.
    Last edited by jerec350; November 14, 2012 at 11:01am.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Great out-of-the-box thinking, uaxuctum!

I love the idea of a smaller playset that you buy multiples of depending on how big you want the finished playset to be! Whispering Woods really could go on and on!

I'm really keen on Skeletor's Throne Room! That seems to be the most customized scene around here, and it'd be much more satisfying to pay $50 - $80 for that diorama than the $60+ for that Marvel Select Mephisto's throne.

I'd be interested in seeing the design for a Filmation style Fright Zone. What would be it's playable areas? There's Hordak's Throne Room (jeez, everyone has a throne room...) and Horde Prime's whateverthatiswhatisthataclifforsomething. Maybe a swamp of some kind outside for Leech and a lab for Modulok.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    Kind Randor & Queen Marlena's thrones.
    I bet you, They will still stand near that ! They love it !!
    Last edited by TUC138; November 14, 2012 at 09:57am.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Eternos Throne Room, Hordak's Throne Room, Skeletor's Throne Room, Sorceress's Throne Room, Zodak's Chair....

Have you noticed that, in a world where everyone has ridiculous muscles, dresses like a barbarian, and is named for their one special talent, all anyone really wants to do is sit down?

I like the Eternia playset done over time idea! Or a new Snake Mt. with a new take on it.

A Beast Island playset! !

Just kidding although I would buy one

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMendoc View Post
    I ordered a Castle Grayskull, and I would order a Snake Mountain for the same price or even a bit higher. Snake Mountain was always my favourite.
    Same here Cap....

If they were to do another playset, I would be most excited for a Filmation-inspired Fright Zone. Although, I suspect that Snake Mountain would be next if they were to do another playset. I wonder if there's a way to combine the vintage Snake Mountain with the Filmation style one? I always liked that face formed from the rocks.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Customikey View Post
    Eternos Throne Room, Hordak's Throne Room, Skeletor's Throne Room, Sorceress's Throne Room, Zodak's Chair....

Have you noticed that, in a world where everyone has ridiculous muscles, dresses like a barbarian, and is named for their one special talent, all anyone really wants to do is sit down?
    Not to mention all the other "secondary" thrones, such as nothing-short-of-breathtaking Queen Sumana's, or creepy Lord Tyrin and Lady Valtira's.

Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I'd want Snake Mountain to be a mishmash like the one on the TRU exclusive packaging.

Gotta dig Nutnog's style. audman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    I don't need Eternia.

Snake Mountain in 2014
    Fright Zone (NOT TOY VERSION...FILMATION VERSION) in 2015
    Slime Pit (With add-on ability to the Fright Zone) in 2016

Battle Ram in 2014
    Point Dread/Talon Fighter and Roton in 2015
    Land Shark and Attak Trak in 2016
    Agreed on these. Would love an Eternia playset spread over 3 years. I mean 300 for a scale tower probably will be easier than all the fine details needed for castle grayskull. Will be more smooth etc. I want those other sets first. Would not know what to do spacewise though. Might have to think about a larger space. lol But Snake mountain would be my next wish.
    Highly Recommended for Fantastic Trades/sales: cayman shen, ElkThunder, Geek-man,

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    My next wish is Snake Mountain. After that I will decide on a case by case basis.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly, I'd like to see many playsets produced in MOTUC : Snake Mountain, the awesome Eternia Playset, the Fright Zone, Slime Pit, Nordor, Starship Eternia, Crystal Castle, and even things like the Dungeon prototype... Even big items such as Gigantisaur would be great.

BUT the problem is this : Castle Grayskull is extremely expensive, as are the shipping costs. And I don't want to have to buy something blindly without knowing how it will look like from the outside AND from the inside (and NO, a foam mockup doesn't cut it for me)... So I don't think we'll see all the playsets in MOTUC, unfortunately.

I was down with Grayskull for more reasons than just MotU. I don't think I can do this again with another playset. Maybe something smaller, but I doubt I'd add to the preorder numbers for a Snake Mountain.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I would of course entertain anything Mattel wanted to try and produce from the classic list of playsets. I would go for a Snake Mountain as a classic re-working of the original or a re-worked version to reflect a more Filmation look but I'm not sure the Fright Zone would work for the cost it would take to create that against its lower stature on the list of iconic playsets. And then there's Eternia. I couldn't even imagine trying to find a place for a Classics up-grade of that. The original is enormous already. I'm going to have to add a room on to the house as it is. It would be awesome but shear size and cost of that would be outstanding. I doubt a minimum would be reached.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Snake mountain with throne of bones!
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

They're Killin Teh Lien with their Palysets!

I would love to have the 3 Towers, not even playsets, just rotocast sculpts of the ones in the SDCC display...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    I would of course entertain anything Mattel wanted to try and produce from the classic list of playsets. I would go for a Snake Mountain as a classic re-working of the original or a re-worked version to reflect a more Filmation look but I'm not sure the Fright Zone would work for the cost it would take to create that against its lower stature on the list of iconic playsets. And then there's Eternia. I couldn't even imagine trying to find a place for a Classics up-grade of that. The original is enormous already. I'm going to have to add a room on to the house as it is. It would be awesome but shear size and cost of that would be outstanding. I doubt a minimum would be reached.
    I think exactly the same! After a Snake Mountain it get's difficult!

I would prefer a Snake Mountain like the original playset!

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    I think as far as Playsets go, Grayskull will be my one and only. I'll be very happy if Icon Heroes can bring us a line of small-scale representations of things like Snake Mountain or Crystal Castle. Any other playsets for MOTUC would have to be much smaller in size/complexity to get my attention.

A toy-based Fright Zone would be up my alley, at a less-than-$100 pricetag. Once you go over the $100 mark on this line, you're not going to snag as many collectors, myself included.

cyber-assassin
    These are about all I have any interest in as far as vehicles and playsets.
    Snake Mountain
    Battle Ram
    Point Dread/Talon Fighter
    Land Shark and Attak Trak
    Those whom god wishes to destroy,
    He first makes mad. - Reinfield.

Heroic Warrior
    i think we'll be able to do a Snake Mountain, but probably nothing else. Unless something changes, I don't see enough interest in other sets I would want, such as the Fright Zone or a Filmation-accurate Crystal Castle. I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but I really doubt anything beyond SM could be expected realistically.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

I'll be open to any playsets and would purchase whatever they produce, but I dont think we are going to get anything other than maybe a Snake Moutain in 2015. People would be hesitant to order SM before getting CG to see how it turns out first.

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I'll be open to any playsets and would purchase whatever they produce, but I dont think we are going to get anything other than maybe a Snake Moutain in 2015. People would be hesitant to order SM before getting CG to see how it turns out first.

Exactly. Right now everyone has ordered their CG and now it is time to focus on the line itself and not a playset that might come 2 years down the road. We have no idea where the line is going for 2014 and until that get's resolved all our efforts should go into saving the line and getting the maximum number of figures we can.

Just to be different I'm going with the Slime Pit. Snake Mountain is a really cool idea though. But given that display space is always an issue I can't in good conscience start rallying for another big play set like S.M. knowing I probably won't want one. I knew I'd have enough space for say one large display piece and for me that choice had to be Grayskull. I'm not 8 yrs old anymore with an entire bedroom where I can store toys and play sets. I have to be choosy and wise. Grayskull was the no brainer, but anything further at that scale is most likely a no.

I'd make room for a Battle Ram though. Any day of the week, including Sunday.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Filmation Fright Zone or Whispering Woods would be awesome...

...but what would be amazing/insane/awesome? Filmation Crystal Castle!

Ain't gonna happen, I know, but I had to say it.