Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Future Playsets! (Snake Mountain, Fright Zone, Crystal Castle, Slime Pit, etc.)

STARSHIP ETERNIA!!!!!!!!!

lol honestly I would actually want this more than a Snake Mountain playset! Make it happen Matty!!! Shut up and take my money!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    My own opinions...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Snake Mountain might sell. The pitch would be to get a REAL Snake Mountain that matches the cartoons. That's going to be interesting...Filmation Snake Mountain or MYP Snake Mountain with the LAVA coming from the mount and snap on two extra snakes to show King Hsss has taken over?
    I could see this happening. I'd really like to see someone come up with a picture or somethingto show what could be done... Imean, I know people WANT it... but it will never be big enough to do it justice... so I'm luke-warm on the idea.

Then again... It's practically a blank slate. So that could be fun!

The Fright Zone could the cheapest playset of all, but would fans want the vintage Fright Zone with the dragon, murder tree and bamboo cage or would they want the Filmation factory version?
    I never had the original, so I'm going on 'appearances' here.. but Frankly the dragon was the only cool part ABOUT that playset. I see no reason they couldn't make it 'better' and somhow incorporate a monster/jail into a brand new fright zone.. though frankly filmation is also too big to be feasable... I think if htey just remade the original, it would bomb big time...

The Slime Pit seems to be a rather easy to make diorama! Probably cheap too -- maybe $40. I can't see Mattel selling slime that creeps and cakes up the joints of these modern high level of articulation action figures, but fans could slime their figures if they wanted to.
    I would LOVE this... It should be fairly cheap, and should include a 'slime covered' figure. I don't see actual slime being used in it... but I'd love if they had some 'fake way' to simualte it... clear plastic oozing through the skull or SOMETHING.....

The Crystal Castle is yet another playset that could benefit from the "it's the Filmation version that we never got" pitch. But is the Crystal Castle iconic enough to sell, even if it looks like the Filmation version? POP fans would love this, but would the casual fan? This could be our chance to get Light Hope.
    The problem with Crystal castle is that it wasn't that important to the Mythos. We had the castle when I was a kid... and it was kind of a bore. He-man got trab doors and dungeons... she-ra got a bed.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the cartoon... but did the horde ever try to storm Crystal castle? was there any secrets or power there? in the minis I think she just 'lived there.' The rebellions base was whispering woods... and THAT is what the horde wanted to destroy. MOTUC story doesn't use it at all...

The toy is kind of classic... the filmation one is massive but more iconic... but I htink it would be hard to get enough fans to justify the $250+ on it...

The Starship Eternia is both star-spanning vehicle AND space station playset. It could be the MOTUC version of the Millenium Falcon. However, since it's NA, I think it's on the bottom rung of the playsets.
    Spaceships are fun. Honestly the idea of 'starship eternia sucking the power out of grayskull' was such a sore spot for me that I would be hard pressed to support it, and I think it would be hardpressed to get enough fan support for the $$$.

Personally, I'd like to see some kind of 'COMBINING' of Fright zone and Starship Eternia... Some kind of epic star spanning ship that the HORDE use to travel... that may 'fold open' and look kinda like the filmation FZ...

Honestly, with Grayskull here... the good guys have ENOUGH bases

Still... spaceships are cool

Eternia Towers might be too expensive to produce. Castle Grayskull was a stretch, let alone it's far less iconic, later in the line replacement. Mattel could try to sell the towers individually, but I doubt that they would go that way. The line could end before we completed the playset.
    This has the best chance. Between 'important to the mythos' and 'Holy grail' status like some of the other things like tytus. I could see people laying down some money for this.

I'm curious how it would work though... would it come with full monorail?? I would hope the towers opened up a bit for some play inside them... the originals never looked to.... 'interesting' rather bare and boring 'inside' the towers...

Heroic Warrior
    It's about time they made a playset for MM imo !
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

After watching PD's Jitsu review, it occurred to me that the Snake Mountain animation in the intro would make a great profile for a playset. It could be two-sided like Grayskull, but designed so when opened up, it clicked together to create one long display diorama of the mountain top with the Snake winding through openings on the left side, and with an ancient looking fortress hidden within the peaks on the right side. Turn it around, and you have at least four cavernous openings to create passageways, skeletor's throne room, and other enviros seen in the various media. And of course, a walk-way to the opening of the Snake's mouth, which should be big enough to have at least two MOTUC figures face-off in battle.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Heroic Warrior

Snake mountain for classics, what style would fit in with classics?

Hey,
    just a quick question for snake mountain fans...
    I had Castle grayskull when I was a kid, so I can relate totally,
    I know just how I wanted the classics one to turn out, that's why I made one,.( see my sig)
    But SM, I ( always wanted) but never had,
    So what do you think would be the definitive version of SM,?
    The brick for brick updated copy of the vintage play set?,
    The filmation style?,
    The MYP style?,
    A mix?,

I'd be interested to here people's thoughts,..maybe I could post some quick sketches a bit further down,
    Cheers ZH

I never owned the original Snake Mountain. But I also never thought it looked as great as it should.

I hope they take liberties with it and keep the cartoons in mind more than the old toy when they make it. I want to see the meeting table and Skeletor's throne.

I vote a mix.

I loved the creepy factor of all the demon faces on the old toy. The tree roots, the strange rock formations where you could see rock.
    The stairs and the bridge. I had the puzzle growing up and would stare at that Fred Carrillo drawing for what seemed like hours at a time.

I also would say that the Filmation Snake Mountain was and probably is still the most iconic version.

With Grayskull, I had the toy first, then the toon came out, but with Snake Mountain, I remember distinctly seeing the toon version first before seeing the toy and experiencing the confusion I think many of us did.

Time will tell!
    Last edited by Baena; April 3, 2013 at 07:09pm.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I had the Snake Mountain playset (still have one, but not the original I owned as a kid), and though it has some cool features, it always disappointed me in that it looked nothing like Skeletor's lair in the cartoon. An ideal Classics SM would have a giant snake head/lava fount to pose He-man and Skeletor fighting in, and Skeletor's throne room that was seen in almost every episode.

So I'd say heavy on both cartoon looks, mostly Filmation, but with nods to the toy playset thrown in for nostalgia.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

I agree with Nekk-ra. My snake mountain as a kid was awesome, but not quite Skeletor's home. I would prefer a mix of Filmation and MYP with a cool throne room and Skeletor's bone throne on the inside! And definitely a nod or two to the vintage. (maybe bridge and gate perhaps. Make the snake look similar.)

Snappy Threader
    I too would say a mix. I feel like the throne and table would be a must, though I'm not real sure how they would pull that off. Snake Mountain would probably cost double of CG just becasue of the size, and a lot of people woud be disappointed when it was scaled down and didn't include the tunnels, Tri-Klops' lab, the void from the minis, etc....

This would be perfect IMO...

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Agreed times 1000! While on the subject of playsets......I also REALLY want a slime pit.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Era War!!!!

The old toy was something else entirely. I think the new Snake Mountain should be more of a vertical playset reminiscent of Filmation and MYP.

The thing is that we have a choice of rocky snake with lava pouring from it's mouth (and snakes when King Hsss took over) or Green Stone Snake with red water falls? Or a mixture of both? Since Classics is all violent now, the falls might have blood...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I would have to vote for a slime pit. Of all the playsets it was the smallest one so it probably has the best chance of being updated. I would want to see a vintage style and not the 200X one. I could see it with shackles and a grated floor. Maybe some pipes to give it a filmation frightzone look. Possibilities are there.
    Go four horsemen power!
    Check out my customs. Go on, treat yerself!
    New life into old playsets!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Neilrich...0?feature=mhee

I'd like some sort of plastic pink, She-Ra ish thing to display the POP figures. Doesn't have to be huge, just enough to fit like 4 figures.

The Slime Pit

I want it and I bet it happens next year.

I bet next year we see Slime Pit He-Man, released in the same way we had Spirit of Hordak this year. He could come with an axe that would go well with the green weapons already released.

Then, the holiday Item next year, that is included in the sub, will be the Slime Pit.

It was described as something everyone will want so I bet it will be the Slime Pit.

Thoughts?
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I'd be all for it.....in fact, I'd be pretty dang excited about it
    MOTUC Needs:Fisto, Whiplash, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, Sorceress, Mighty Spector, Batros, Foe Men, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strobo, Castle Grayskull, Yellow Evil Lynn, Dekker, Pre-ternia He-man, Star Sisters, snake men, NA He-man, TP He-man, horde trooper(s), sky high, Faker, Snake MAA

By the gods! I would be SO FREAKIN' HAPPY if they released a classic style Slime Pit. It's still one of my favorite playsets, and the cool thing is, is that it wouldn't have to be too crazy expensive as it wouldn't be too big. A translucent green He-Man would be just perfect for this as well. I can see though, that if he becomes available like SoH, then people are going to be pretty upset about that.

Maybe the 'item everyone wants' would be something like the Attak Trak though? I don't know, but i'm keen to find out...

Hey, Kahn, you should totally put it to a poll...

KAAAAAHHNN!
    Last edited by Thunderkill; August 20, 2013 at 10:39pm.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I want it and I bet it happens next year.

I bet next year we see Slime Pit He-Man, released in the same way we had Spirit of Hordak this year. He could come with an axe that would go well with the green weapons already released.

Then, the holiday Item next year, that is included in the sub, will be the Slime Pit.

It was described as something everyone will want so I bet it will be the Slime Pit.

Thoughts?
    Yeah, great way to cheapen out on releasing accessories with the figure, then it would have to assume that you bought the Weapons Pack.

But I wouldn't mind another translucent figure, SOH & Icer are awesome....I don't like Goddess (plus she's known to break), or I would have bought her, but then again, she's not totally translucent anyway. The only reason I would even think to buy her would be for the correctly colored He-Man harness.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post

Thoughts?
    Scott said that the current 2014 Holiday item is one that everyone will want - and it costs $35. The Slime Pit will not cost $35.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Really not into a Slime Pit, but a Slime Pit He-Man being released like SOH would be totally fine, since I won't be forced to buy it.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Yes and no.
    I would love a Slime Pit He-Man, but not just a He-Man sculpt cast in green translucent plastic.
    I want slime sculpted onto him with paint apps to add more slimy detail!
    A Slime Pit set would be awesome...just as long as it comes with new classisized slime!

I'd love a Slime Pit and a Slime Pit He-Man, but I hope he comes with some weapons of his own made from the same translucent plastic slime as the figure.

ahhhh, THAT would be great. I loved the vintage Slime Pit as a kid... one of my favorite playsets ever.

and yes Slime He-Man would be great too, but I also would like to see him with some slime sculpted on.

I am in!

Heroic Warrior
    I hope so. Slime Pit and The Fright Zone are playsets that actually make sense in terms of design, unlike Grayskull or Snake Mountain.