Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Future Playsets! (Snake Mountain, Fright Zone, Crystal Castle, Slime Pit, etc.)

Heroic Warrior
    I'm holding out hope for the battle ram. Aside from that Skeletor throne room, and that's it. Not even sure I care about slime pit. I'm far more interested in getting more of the cats in the line (Battle Lion, Blue Lion, Clawdeen) or other steeds.

I finaly want Snake Mountain, a mix of the Original Toy and the Filmation design.

snakemountainultrakopie.jpg
    Snake-Mountain-1.jpg
    Snake_Mountain_by_telloli.jpg
    Last edited by Merman79; November 14, 2012 at 02:04pm.

I would like them to try a Snake Mountain Pre-Order next, but not for a few years. Maybe start the pre-Order in 2014 for a 2015 release date.
    Also It would have to be a combo of Filmation & 200x for me to even consider it and it would either have to have Skeletors Bone Throne & table or his 2oox throne.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    sweet thread, but the spelling mistake in the title is annoying me, sorry.
    Does Galactus fart?

Snake Mountain is a must, and a given with what Scott has said.

I'd love a new Fright Zone, Slime Pit and of course a Point Dread with the Talon Fighter.
    Eternia would be amazing too, but I agree with most, that might be best handled in three different sets, should these all prove successful. In many ways, I'd hope for Point Dread and the Eternia sets to preceed the Horde stuff.

I'd also love to see Grayskull get some more love later on, with another wall or two.
    Last edited by Baena; November 14, 2012 at 02:15pm.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

ToyGuru should start a Snake Mountain Preorder if Castle Grayskull is shipped.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I think Grayskull has opened up a viable new approach for Matty on big ticket items; I would be very surprised NOT to see Snake Mountain given the same "pre-order it and we will make it" approach next year. Now, a lot depends on how the actual sales go in the end on Grayskull, whether all the pre-orders are honored by the orderer, how the set turns out, the feedback from fans, etc. I also don't think that Matty is going to go crazy with such things even if Grayskull is the smashing success I hope for; the Legion set sold extroadinarily well from my perspective for a near $200 set of figures, and I've still not heard a thing about a follow-up set.

It opens a door, and I hope Mattel does take advantage of it. A Filmation based Snake Mountain is something I've wanted since the 80's (bought the Power Lord Volcan Rock as a stand in back in the day).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Movie mayhem!
    Snake Mountain Has to be next. But I gotta say I really would like to see a Crystal Castle eventually. I know it might be hard to get support for it, but if people could think outside the box and think of it less like this pink thing for a girls line and more about what the 4hmen could make it into I think it could be really amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Snake Mountain Has to be next. But I gotta say I really would like to see a Crystal Castle eventually. I know it might be hard to get support for it, but if people could think outside the box and think of it less like this pink thing for a girls line and more about what the 4hmen could make it into I think it could be really amazing.
    While it's not necessarily something I'm after right now? My daughters want it. And if we really get into all the playsets and vehicles now? This line would need it.
    And I share in your vision that yes, the 4HM would do amazing things with it if given the chance.
    I could see a Filmation/toy blend being really, REALLY cool for the Crystal Castle.
    Last edited by Baena; November 14, 2012 at 02:41pm.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I would love a Filmation Snake Mountain set and think it has the best chance given how iconic it is right after Grayskull. Also without retail support I think its the only viable playset aside form Grayskull. I would love a Filmation fright Zone or a Crystal Castle, but I know they have little or no chance of getting done right now. Let's just hope that Mattel gives a bigger pre-sale window to ensure adequate sales. Rather than start in October, start the pre-sales in August right after SDCC.

I'll buy anything Matty wants to put out, I just have to be skeptical that there would be enough interest to justify some of the other proposed playsets. As previously state numerous times, Grayskull was too iconic not to do. I just don't know if anyone outside of the 'die-hard' fans would support another playset.

IF, there were to be others, I would love to see an Eternos palace. We already have all the figures that would go with it, Randor, Marlena, Adora, Adam, Cringer, Guards and all the usual good guys seen lurking around there. Just seems a natural fit to me.

A 4-Horsemen designed Eternia would be insane! While I am sure it would cost a pretty penny, the job they could potentially do is unfathomable. I wouldn't even care if it didn't have the monorail, as long as we could get the three towers.

The thing i am most excited about would be to get the filmation inspired snake mtn. I feel that has been one of the greatest missing pieces to the masters of the universe line, and according to Scott, this is coming up next after CG. Others I would love to see are filmation Fright zone, and instead of a Whispering woods, how about castle brightmoon for the great rebellion.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    I think people would be more willing to go for a Filmation Crystal Castle than a toy-accurate POP version.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

100% serious when I say....

Eternos Palace w/ Roast Gooble Dinner.

-A great nod to Val, Dan, Danielle & Eamon as they do so much for the fans & the line/brand.
    -Obvious Filmation reference.
    -Multiple episodes featured a "dinner scene"
    -2 thrones by themselves would be pretty boring.
    -Benefits long time collectors by giving a place for the loaf of bread & Randy's pimp cup.
    -If Miro gets made, he can make Keldor sit there 'til he eats his veggies.
    -Opens door for Chef Allen, justifying a new figure.

I know, won't happen, even with those solid gold reasons stated above. But a nod to our beloved Gooblers would be cool.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

I really don't want the toy versions of Snake Mountain, Crystal Castle, or the Fright Zone. Their Filmation appearances are essential. I can sort of accept a big hybrid for Snake Mountain like the image that appeared on the DCUC vs MOTUC packaging

But they need to bring in Filmation details too. The Snake Head with those skeletal HR Giger-esque details and fang-like rocks would be very welcome.

I honestly don't expect anything beyond Castle Grayskull. They have to do a lot of work to make the other big three sets happen, as they can't base anything off of the existing playset designs the way they are said to be doing with Castle Grayskull. All of them need to be redesigned to the point of being totally from scratch.

I'll be sated if Icon Heroes makes miniatures of all those playsets (I might settle for two Fright Zones as long as we get the Filmation one) plus:
    1. Palace of Eternia (can use MYP, but I think Filmation's has a more unique and interesting look)
    2. Castle Brightmoon
    3. Towers of Eternia (four separate pieces to include Dragon Tower)
    4. Starship Eternia
    5. Moon of Nordor
    6. Myticor
    7. Horror Hall
    8. Scorpion Hill
    9. Darksmoke
    10. Just about all those locations in the Preternia Map
    Last edited by gbagok; November 14, 2012 at 05:06pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I really don't want the toy versions of Snake Mountain, Crystal Castle, or the Fright Zone. Their Filmation appearances are essential. I can sort of accept a big hybrid for Snake Mountain like the image that appeared on the DCUC vs MOTUC packaging
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...Mountain-1.png
    I could really get behind that version of Snake Mountain. I hope that they go this route when (that's right, I said when) they make Snake Mountain.

On another note, every time I see that this thread is called "Future Palysets!" I cringe a little. I hate to be that jerk, but it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    I don't need Eternia.

Snake Mountain in 2014
    Fright Zone (NOT TOY VERSION...FILMATION VERSION) in 2015
    Slime Pit (With add-on ability to the Fright Zone) in 2016

Battle Ram in 2014
    Point Dread/Talon Fighter and Roton in 2015
    Land Shark and Attak Trak in 2016
    YES! Might replace the Fright Zone with something else, not sure what. Need the Road Ripper too. I am hoping to see the Road Ripper, this year.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Ive already posted this before but this is a better thread for it to be.

"I want a filmation designed Frightzone not to mention a modern combo Eternia playset with a built in filmation Royal Palace all in one."
    Ask me about my power. I bring new meaning to the phrase superhuman.

No surprises given my name and avatar, but a Filmation Fright Zone is top of my want list.

I absolutely adore the look of that thing, it's incredible. I certainly won't hold my breath though, I doubt we'll get any playset beyond CG.
    They might attempt a Snake Mountain presale but I don't think it would make the numbers.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    Judging from this poll there might be more interest in a filmation styled fright zone then anything other then snake mountain. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Future-Playset

I'm pretty sure I read a comment from TG that a filmation inspired Snake Mountain was next on the docket after Grayskull though. (and count me in on that!)
    After Snake Mountain is made matty should do a real official poll for all the fans to take part in as far as a potential 3rd playset/diarama down the road.
    Whatever wins could be done just like grayskull was to see is theres enough interest.
    Mainly I want diaramas to go with motu figures for display especially filmation and several myp designs.
    Ask me about my power. I bring new meaning to the phrase superhuman.

Heroic Warrior
    I would buy any playset they choose to produce.

Heroic Warrior
    Frankly... I care little for Snake mountain. The original toy had NOTHING on the inside that was any fun... and a Filmation version would NEVER be a usuable scale... so i don't see any real potental here...

MAYBE the hybrid version that combined the play features of the outside toy.... with some added levels inside... I don't know. That frankly I really WOULD need to see a prototype or detailed drawing to preorder...

I would like the three towers... ONLY because it has that 'Holy Grail' status from the original line. Back then I wasn't that impressed with it as a toy, and the price was out of our range anyway so I never had one... now I'd kind of like one.

Otherwise?? There really aren't any great 'sets' that i WOULD plop down another $300 for. I want some VEHICLES (TALON FIGHTER!!!!! 'CMON!!!!!') But crystal Castle? Frightzone? They weren't really COOL enough the FIRST time to make me want them redone..

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    While it's not necessarily something I'm after right now? My daughters want it. And if we really get into all the playsets and vehicles now? This line would need it.
    And I share in your vision that yes, the 4HM would do amazing things with it if given the chance.
    I could see a Filmation/toy blend being really, REALLY cool for the Crystal Castle.

I could see sort of a combo of painted and transparent plastic being used as rocks for the bottom foundation floor and then the big crown based castle in gold on top of that.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    I would love more playsets!

Snake Mountain should be next with Skeletors throne room included. Filmation style would be great but I think the best thing to do would be to merge styles like the Snake Mountain artwork that came with Lex Luthor vs Skeletor 2 packs.

I feel the same could apply to the Fright Zome. The old playset could be the lower portion with the crazy tech Filmation stuff on top. If it was as large as Grayskull is i think they could really get creative. Best of both worlds I say!
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Snake Mountain might sell. The pitch would be to get a REAL Snake Mountain that matches the cartoons. That's going to be interesting...Filmation Snake Mountain or MYP Snake Mountain with the LAVA coming from the mount and snap on two extra snakes to show King Hsss has taken over?

The Fright Zone could the cheapest playset of all, but would fans want the vintage Fright Zone with the dragon, murder tree and bamboo cage or would they want the Filmation factory version?

The Slime Pit seems to be a rather easy to make diorama! Probably cheap too -- maybe $40. I can't see Mattel selling slime that creeps and cakes up the joints of these modern high level of articulation action figures, but fans could slime their figures if they wanted to.

The Crystal Castle is yet another playset that could benefit from the "it's the Filmation version that we never got" pitch. But is the Crystal Castle iconic enough to sell, even if it looks like the Filmation version? POP fans would love this, but would the casual fan? This could be our chance to get Light Hope.

The Starship Eternia is both star-spanning vehicle AND space station playset. It could be the MOTUC version of the Millenium Falcon. However, since it's NA, I think it's on the bottom rung of the playsets.

Eternia Towers might be too expensive to produce. Castle Grayskull was a stretch, let alone it's far less iconic, later in the line replacement. Mattel could try to sell the towers individually, but I doubt that they would go that way. The line could end before we completed the playset.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)