Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mattel: Frosta's arms incorrect. Sub holders get a free gift apology item.

oh, perhaps a left over print. that could be the gift as well. It is a nice gesture.

I went through my Frosta reversed forearms thought process after AFI's pics that had them reversed. It still may be a 50/50 shot whether they are correct or not, time will tell.

Her fix is relatively easy, imo it is easier than Stinkors (his req'd paint).
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    Have you ever done manual labor which includes doing something mundane over and over again under a time limit?
    I have. If you mess up from the start, you can actually do it all wrong. If someone else picks up where you left off, and see what you did, they do it wrong. It's not hard to get it wrong. -And not everyone got them wrong, there was a sample for the reviews that was assembled correctly.
    Listen, I think it's great that you're coming to the defense of all the hard working manual laborers out there, but at the end of the day, we're the ones paying for these figures. I don't think it's silly or callous to expect that the product we're paying good money for be put together properly, or expecting those people whose job it is to assemble these products to do their job correctly. Especially since this isn't an isolated incident.

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trap-JAWart View Post
    I thought the same thing! While I appreciate the apology and think that an "apology gift" is nice, I would've much rather had a badass Frosta who wasn't defective. As for the gift itself, I'd love for them to do another version of her staff that doesn't have a pinwheel feature, just a kicka** clear blue staff with an awesome sculpted snow flake.... that's assuming that the free gift will have anything to do with the actual Frosta figure.
    True, the free gift is more likely to be a second axe for Ram-Man or something. I don't want Ram-Man. =)

OOH!! What if the free gift was Glimmer!!

If you pop and swap the forearms will the figure look right?

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    Hoping for an alternate head with lighter hair and more on model to the cartoon.
    That's gonna be a pointless trade if you don't have more than one Frostas in your midst. You return her and you get an alternate head with no body to put it on!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Widget
    A free gift would be a nice way to get us Kowl

From what I see in pictures, I think her arms are an easy swap.Hopefully I'll get a correct one

WOW!

Iīm stunned and in a very positive way!

No one likes mistake, no one likes to make mistakes and the least thing anyone wants, is to admit that they made a mistake.

So this gesture and commitment is highly appreciated if you ask me.

You can call me naiv but i think this line has itīs dark days behind it and we are on a better way here.

Thank you Mattel!

And the free gift is:-

**drumroll**

A Keldor sword that doesn't split!!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Trap-JAWart View Post
    Listen, I think it's great that you're coming to the defense of all the hard working manual laborers out there, but at the end of the day, we're the ones paying for these figures. I don't think it's silly or callous to expect that the product we're paying good money for be put together properly, or expecting those people whose job it is to assemble these products to do their job correctly. Especially since this isn't an isolated incident.
    It's the same whine all over again. Even when they decide to do something about it.

We have no clue as to the timeframe the workers work under, nor conditions, they are after all assembled in China, and everybody gets treated fantastically there right?

It's an easy fix too for most, boil and pop. - Does it hinder the action of the figure? No, would non-fans notice it? probably not. Is it an easy fix - yes.
    They made a mistake, even fessed up to it and are offering refunds for those that want and something extra for the mistake done. Right now they are up there with the very very few companies that do this.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Heroic Warrior
    Well...not getting a frosta...that will save me over $50.00

so was this the big announcement? I saw a thread last night about that???? what was it? where is the thread?

I dont CARE if they put the forearms on backwards... blowdryer an 10 mins of [physical labor on my part] an mine will be perfect.

Isn't Frosta HERSELF the free gift? I mean, they're giving you a full refund on a complete figure. That's pretty dang significant. Break out the hair dryer and fix her arms, and don't feel too boned knowing that you ended up getting her free. That's how I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    That's gonna be a pointless trade if you don't have more than one Frostas in your midst. You return her and you get an alternate head with no body to put it on!
    Why is it pointless? Pop off the old head and give her the new one. I'm keeping my Frosta. They're not making another and I don't mind the reversed arms as much as most.

The free gift should be Frosta related though, why wouldn't it be? How would something pertaining to a different character make up for a mistake on Frosta?

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Isn't Frosta HERSELF the free gift? I mean, they're giving you a full refund on a complete figure. That's pretty dang significant. Break out the hair dryer and fix her arms, and don't feel too boned knowing that you ended up getting her free. That's how I read it.
    I agree, fix it yaself if ya dont like it. Its a SUPER simple fix! If you dont know how, tell m! I will make a video showing step by step!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternianghost View Post
    Well...not getting a frosta...that will save me over $50.00

so was this the big announcement? I saw a thread last night about that???? what was it? where is the thread?
    So what was the big announcement? I will just start a new thread if I have to...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    It's appreciated that you are defending human error, but maybe you forget that with the past numerous issues dealing with this line specifically this scenario; broken promises of "paying careful attention to detail" continue and the words of improvement are falling way passed the knees here. With all the crying to save this line and the promises to improve on things (which this particular issue should've been loooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnng dealt with) it's intolerable! Why does it take reviewers to catch this and not someone at the damn plant who should be checking it at the final product stage?
    It's not broken promises. I'm fairly sure they have looked into it, but people are people, mistakes will happen as long as there is a manual component to the production. And you keep forgetting that some were assembled correctly.
    It might seem like a HUGE mistake to you, but to someone who doesn't collect these they look fine.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Eternianghost View Post
    So what was the big announcement? I will just start a new thread if I have to...
    There is a huge pinned topic at the very top of the list, dude. Spoiler alert: Castle Grayskull is going to be available for preorder this fall, and then if enough people commit, it will be produced and shipped next fall.

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    It's not broken promises. I'm fairly sure they have looked into it, but people are people, mistakes will happen as long as there is a manual component to the production. And you keep forgetting that some were assembled correctly.
    It might seem like a HUGE mistake to you, but to someone who doesn't collect these they look fine.

I agree with what you are saying but it always seams like the fans spot the mistakes first. Mattel is a super big company you would think the QA department would be a little better. I mean they sent out samples with the reversed arms. It doesnt bother me because the Mistake is a easy fix. but I wish they would get there act together a little bit more. So more people will come back to buying the line, who have lost there trust and things like this dont help.

I'm sorry the Frosta figure (one of my most wanted in the line) has been and continues to be plagued by so many issues.

However, the free gift is great. It really makes it easier to live with since Mattel is taking responsibility for their actions. As far as I'm concerned the free gift is for the gray paint other errors also.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

You are good guy and it's truly respected your defense of Mattel, but honestly at this point if you haven't been through this before (as many have) I can see why you find some of us upset seemingly silly. I'm all for the human error.... about 20 figures ago. And with money vested in a collector line product; which what this line is based on... it's a CONSISTENT MISTAKE to us collector's who this line is targeted towards; your opinion of how Huge this mistake is, is flawed.

It's been close to guaranteed that mistakes like this won't happen which was kindly downgraded by me to give them a benefit of a doubt but yet it happens again. But then again since I do not know you personally, maybe you are not familiar with this and the many other issues these figures have and seemingly continue to have. And that's understandable.

They only looked into it after reviewers pointed it out. Your assumption of Mattel having people look into would insinuate that they saw the error and said "oh well, 20 out of every 100 are ok so just send them all out". And that my friend would not be good business...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Scott referenced the free Slimer gift the Ecto subscribers got so I would expect it to be more substantial than a sticker sheet.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    It's a nice gesture and all, but in all honestly this is getting ridiculous. It's nice that they apologize and it's nice that we are getting a free gesture gift, but at the end of the day it doesn't correct the issue with the figure. Obviously none of these figures that have reversed parts or other issues (i.e. the black plastic issue) are going to get reissues with corrections, and all of the free bonus items in the world aren't going to make the figures correct.

My attitude on this is they should take the entire shipment of Frosta figures, send it back overseas, have them rip them open, fix their arms, repackage them, send them back to the US, and then ship them out to the customers and charge us at that point. If that means waiting an extra few months to get the figure, I'll wait, but make it correct in the first place.

What worries me about trying to correct the figure myself is that given the black plastic issue, I'm concerned about trying to remove and swap the parts without paint rubbing off. I've already got paint rubbing off of the inside of the hands of my Snakemen pack that came with my sub from simply putting the weapons in their hands and removing them. I can't imagine how screwed up Frosta's paint will get if I try to fix this myself.

I don't want a refund, I don't want an apology, and while the free bonus items are nice, at the end of the day I don't want those nearly as much as a figure that is simply correct from the get-go. At this point this shouldn't be that hard.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    You know what the perfect gift would be? A Snout Spout head with a plastic trunk. Maybe with each messed up figure, they can send us a new piece to fix an old messed up character. And next time they can send us a green goddess pelvis. It would actually be EXTREMELY cool if they did something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    It's a nice gesture and all, but in all honestly this is getting ridiculous. It's nice that they apologize and it's nice that we are getting a free gesture gift, but at the end of the day it doesn't correct the issue with the figure. Obviously none of these figures that have reversed parts or other issues (i.e. the black plastic issue) are going to get reissues with corrections, and all of the free bonus items in the world aren't going to make the figures correct.

My attitude on this is they should take the entire shipment of Frosta figures, send it back overseas, have them rip them open, fix their arms, repackage them, send them back to the US, and then ship them out to the customers and charge us at that point. If that means waiting an extra few months to get the figure, I'll wait, but make it correct in the first place.

What worries me about trying to correct the figure myself is that given the black plastic issue, I'm concerned about trying to remove and swap the parts without paint rubbing off. I've already got paint rubbing off of the inside of the hands of my Snakemen pack that came with my sub from simply putting the weapons in their hands and removing them. I can't imagine how screwed up Frosta's paint will get if I try to fix this myself.

I don't want a refund, I don't want an apology, and while the free bonus items are nice, at the end of the day I don't want those nearly as much as a figure that is simply correct from the get-go. At this point this shouldn't be that hard.
    Amen, Brother! At especially with next year's new prices, I think we can DEMAND more from Scott and Mattel! Just remember, the sub dilemma is not a customer issue anymore... it's a Mattel issue from here on!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....