Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mattel: Frosta's arms incorrect. Sub holders get a free gift apology item.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm so happy that fans are not running the business, matty would be bankrupt within a few months.

I guess we're back to that you can't please everybody no matter what you do.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Nice that they admitted it this time. Hope the gift is the style guide staff or Netossa's sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I agree, fix it yaself if ya dont like it. Its a SUPER simple fix! If you dont know how, tell m! I will make a video showing step by step!!!
    Yes please make a video
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Free gift = Keldor swords

Heroic Warrior
    I love how everyone assumes this is human error in assembly... Remember Roboto? Didn't we find out that the tool marks on the shoulders for Left and Right were actually wrong, and therefore they were assembled correctly based on the tooling... What if this is the same thing and the one we've seen with correct forearms is actually misassembled based on the tooling?

Anyway, I don't think the forearms looked bad in the pics we've seen, and having had to fix the forearm on Adora when she came out, I know if it does bug me, it's not that hard to fix.

Considering that in the past, they have pretty much told us "suck it up" on the past reversals, the fact that they are giving ANYTHING at this point is a great gesture of good will that says "ok, yeah, we've done this before and it's embarrassing for us too, so while budget is small, here's a little something."

you know... with them referencing the slimer free gift... has anyone considered the possiblity that the free gift might be a similar sized small character???

...possibly a hordak lackey that we are missing?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    I love how everyone assumes this is human error in assembly... Remember Roboto? Didn't we find out that the tool marks on the shoulders for Left and Right were actually wrong, and therefore they were assembled correctly based on the tooling... What if this is the same thing and the one we've seen with correct forearms is actually misassembled based on the tooling?

Anyway, I don't think the forearms looked bad in the pics we've seen, and having had to fix the forearm on Adora when she came out, I know if it does bug me, it's not that hard to fix.

Considering that in the past, they have pretty much told us "suck it up" on the past reversals, the fact that they are giving ANYTHING at this point is a great gesture of good will that says "ok, yeah, we've done this before and it's embarrassing for us too, so while budget is small, here's a little something."
    These are all great points.
    Even if it isn't human error in assembly, then it's human error in the markings, so the error either way is human. But I do agree with you wholeheartedly on everything else.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I want a free pair of Keldor swords as an apology. I have no need for stupid stickers!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Isn't Frosta HERSELF the free gift? I mean, they're giving you a full refund on a complete figure. That's pretty dang significant. Break out the hair dryer and fix her arms, and don't feel too boned knowing that you ended up getting her free. That's how I read it.
    No they aren't. They said you can return her for a full refund, which means you take a loss because A), you don't have a Frosta since she will never be corrected, and B), you will not have your shipping cost refunded to you. As such, you are really paying them for their **** up.

BTW, it IS human error. First off, one of the review sites got Frosta WITH corrected arms. Secondly, it isn't rocket science to see which arm goes with which arm. YOu do NOT need a sign to know what is left and what is right. If they do, then they shouldn't be assembling figures.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    you know... with them referencing the slimer free gift... has anyone considered the possiblity that the free gift might be a similar sized small character???
    I doubt that they would do a whole new character, Slimer wasn't a new character either, he was just cast in translucent plastic. If they do a complete figure, I'd think more along the lines of something like Gorpo or a Panthor cub (like in Keldor's bio). Or maybe it's something the Horsemen sculpted, which ended up not being used for budget reasons. I'm hoping for a DB Skeletor dragonhead with an open mouth.

Anyway, it's a nice gesture.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Really goes to show that voting with our wallets works. This has happened loads of times and far worse with Roboto and King Kiss shoulders which took cutting to fix on my part. This is an easy fix with nothing more than hot air. Yet now they realize we won't just buy whatever they give us due to low sub sales, they fall all over themselves to make this up to us offering refunds and free gifts.

An extra accessory for Netossa would be a nice bonus...

Quote Originally Posted by Trap-JAWart View Post
    Listen, I think it's great that you're coming to the defense of all the hard working manual laborers out there, but at the end of the day, we're the ones paying for these figures. I don't think it's silly or callous to expect that the product we're paying good money for be put together properly, or expecting those people whose job it is to assemble these products to do their job correctly. Especially since this isn't an isolated incident.
    I don't live in China and make 15 cents a day so I can't talk about how easy it is to properly assemble a figure. These people aren't fans that know what everything is supposed to look like, or probably care. If the bin of right forearms get set in the wrong place then the figures get put together wrong. It sucks, but just because we spend a lot of money doesn't mean the person putting it together gets paid enough to care. It's a shame, but that's the way things are with the price of labor these days.

(But I'm a member of a Labor Union, so I might be crazy)
    Support the 2015 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

Ok, I looked on the Fwoosh site and pixel Dan Review and Action figure Insider...they are all the same, and they are correct, anybody got a shot of one that is wrong?

And if this isn't a Roboto issue - they are all wrong - but a Swiftwind issue - where some are wrong, that is just an error.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Its messed up that they messed her up. If its an easy forearm swap, then its something that I must do, at least this time they're giving us something back for it. I fixed Mekaneck's helmet and that was a huge pain in my...finger! lol trusty screwdriver is on hand!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Ok, I looked on the Fwoosh site and pixel Dan Review and Action figure Insider...they are all the same, and they are correct, anybody got a shot of one that is wrong?

And if this isn't a Roboto issue - they are all wrong - but a Swiftwind issue - where some are wrong, that is just an error.
    Fwoosh's is correct, but AFI and PD's are wrong. Look again, brah!

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post

Out of the 3 the fwoosh was correct, the others were reveresed

J

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sailoruranus View Post
    You know what the perfect gift would be? A Snout Spout head with a plastic trunk. Maybe with each messed up figure, they can send us a new piece to fix an old messed up character. And next time they can send us a green goddess pelvis. It would actually be EXTREMELY cool if they did something like that.
    That would be nice! Despite my earlier rant about the free gift not being an actual solution to the QC problem with her, if they could at least do something like this to help solve a QC issue with another existing figure, that would be a step in the right direction!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I went back and watched Pixel Dan's review and I really am not worried about this. I thought her arms looked fine and even when I was looking for the error, I really couldnt see where it looked odd or anything. I mean, if Matty still wants to send a free item to me anyways, by all means go ahead

So do we know yet when this free gift will be shipped out?

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Replikor--Please make this video...I suck at customizing and have already destroyed 1 stinkor and 2 robotos in an effort to fix incorrect parts.

Thanks
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Admiting the error is awesome, but admiting that she won't be corrected it's just plain stupidity.
    I'm sorry but I don't see a logic behind this... Sub holders will get her for free and an extra accessory, the rest of us, if we want her have to pay the full price.
    Nice work again on handling the ongoing issues with this line, just another display on how they care about the costumers.

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    I'm so happy that fans are not running the business, matty would be bankrupt within a few months.

I guess we're back to that you can't please everybody no matter what you do.
    Here here! Couldn't agree more. I'm glad people from the org aren't running the line.

Anyway, as sucky as it is, Frosta's arms can be fixed. And the subscribers get a free gift. I won't get a free gift, even though I'm buying her.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by MOONCHILD View Post
    Sub holders will get her for free and an extra accessory, the rest of us, if we want her have to pay the full price.
    Sub holders won't get her for free. They have the option of getting a refund(excluding shipping) if they send her back. And the free gift is because unlike cherry-pickers we HAVE to purchase her

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Ya know what? I applaud Scott and Matty for manning up on this mistake and offering refunds or a free gift. I don't say this lightly, but good for Scott. This is what I wanted for all the other mistakes: an honest apology with up-front info.

With this, and the announcement of the Pre-Order Castle Grayskull, it sure seems that Scott and Matty are turning over a new leaf. Seems to me this is all doing some good faith damage repair with their fans, and I have a feeling the Castle Grayskull in itself was an apology and a favor to keep us disgruntled fans on board.

This goes a long way for me.

SCOTT IF YOU ARE READING THIS: I am going to call Capital One back and unblock those DRI Matty charges, thus uncancelling my 2013 sub.
    Please keep this up. If there are mistakes and issues, please let us know up front and be honest and open.

Thank you, Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Nice that they admitted it this time. Hope the gift is the style guide staff or Netossa's sword.

Yes please make a video
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    Replikor--Please make this video...I suck at customizing and have already destroyed 1 stinkor and 2 robotos in an effort to fix incorrect parts.

Thanks
    Sure no prob guys, I post one if so many ppl need to know how to do this to fix there frosta or stinkor.

But I will forewarn everyone, with nothing but a little handheld camera to work with, please give me till about Monday or Tuesday to see what kind if lighting I can pull off for a average to decent quality of video so that everyone can see it clearly.
    Last edited by Replikor; September 22, 2012 at 09:10pm.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    Ya know what? I applaud Scott and Matty for manning up on this mistake and offering refunds or a free gift. I don't say this lightly, but good for Scott. This is what I wanted for all the other mistakes: an honest apology with up-front info.

With this, and the announcement of the Pre-Order Castle Grayskull, it sure seems that Scott and Matty are turning over a new leaf. Seems to me this is all doing some good faith damage repair with their fans, and I have a feeling the Castle Grayskull in itself was an apology and a favor to keep us disgruntled fans on board.

This goes a long way for me.

SCOTT IF YOU ARE READING THIS: I am going to call Capital One back and unblock those DRI Matty charges, thus uncancelling my 2013 sub.
    Please keep this up. If there are mistakes and issues, please let us know up front and be honest and open.

Thank you, Scott.

Awesome post.

I wish Frosta was perfect as she's one of my absolute favorites, but it's all good with Mattel is turning a new leaf. It's the honorable thing to do and it goes a long way as we see here. Hopefully the free gift is something cool. It'll make up for it, it's not a big deal to me. I'm no cusomizer so I dunno if I can attempt to fix her.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!