Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mattel: Frosta's arms incorrect. Sub holders get a free gift apology item.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls7opa0PLu1qh4ul8.gif

Awesome post.

I wish Frosta was perfect as she's one of my absolute favorites, but it's all good with Mattel is turning a new leaf. It's the honorable thing to do and it goes a long way as we see here. Hopefully the free gift is something cool. It'll make up for it, it's not a big deal to me. I'm no cusomizer so I dunno if I can attempt to fix her.
    Everyone is always terrified to do a forearms swap or cracking a bucks chest open, neither are major issues. and none of them are hard at all.

I will post a video showing how to do a forearms swap on both a female and male MOTUC figure [I will make both have backwards forearms to show how it is done on both of them].

If ppl like these videos enough an request even more information on fixing QC problems; or have request on how to do customization; I will be happy to make further videos.
    Last edited by Replikor; September 22, 2012 at 10:03pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope it's paint.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    Hoping for an alternate head with lighter hair and more on model to the cartoon.
    It's not going to be anything like that - the figure is already in the package, it ships in a few weeks. The head is the most expensive part of the package, I highly doubt they are going to do a run of heads for us.

I'll give them this - at least they admitted it this time around. I still think we have every right to be upset, though, because this is the umpteenth time this has happened, Mattel needs to get it's vendors in line. This is unacceptable to be happening repeatedly. I'm so tired of hearing this is no one's fault - yes, it is. We pretend they are made in some far off mystical realm but the truth is they are made in China. They have telephones there, too (and hasn't Scott mentioned going over there at one point)? They also largely understand English, and if they do not there are these wonderful things called translators - I can provide a phone number for a great telephone translator service should they need. This is not impossible.

That said, I hope to heck someone does a nice little tutorial on fixing these things ourselves. I am comfortable changing hands and heads, but I've never tried to go to a forearm, and I'm going to be really upset if I end up screwing her up even further - but then again, I just cannot look at her awkward arms like that forever after wanting her for so long. It just boggles the mind how they keep making the same mistake on the same part.

I'm not going to ask for a refund, and whatever "gift" is great and all - but you know it will just be a sticker sheet (and since I make my own now, that's really no big thing). It's nice of them to say that, and I'm sure some will say "hey it's free!" which is absolutely true - but the only reason they even say something like that is because they knew it would cause holy heck because of yet another massive screw-up but a certain segment won't complain because "gift" was said.

Really disappointing because this just shouldn't have happened again.

Maybe it's the Power-con accessory.

Not that it should have happened, at least they owned up to it, before the figures even came out....
    Good for the subscribers that don't want her, and the others that do will accept it....and the gift is a nice touch.

For those of us who can do something about it, no biggie, not that we should ever have to fix our own figures.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    I'm so happy that fans are not running the business, matty would be bankrupt within a few months.

I guess we're back to that you can't please everybody no matter what you do.
    Horse-pooey.

THEY COULD HAVE PLEASED US BY ASSEMBLING THE FIGURE PROPERLY.

Sure, are some people "I wish she had been painted differently..." etc? Sure. But most of us were just happy as long as she wasn't defective. Which she is. She is not put together properly.

Seriously, I'd love to have customers like this - who think it's ok to make the SAME mistake over and over and over and just fluff it off to "you can't please everyone".

They could have pleased nearly everyone, everyone reasonable that is who does not demand each figure meet their design specs, had they just PUT IT TOGETHER PROPERLY.

And you just hit the nail square on the head - this line *is* run by a "fan" - Scott - and that is PRECISELY the problem with it.

I think this is a good move by Mattel. They made a mistake, apologized for it, and are offering something in return. Frosta looks great to me, but I understand that others may be upset by her arms.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm VERY glad that Mattel have been up-front and honest about this issue. It is a refreshing and welcome change from Mattel!

I hope that the free gift is a blue version of BP She-Ra's sword which can be used by either Frosta OR Netossa!

But, I'm expecting it to be a sticker sheet or some of those art prints. If they start sending out repainted weapons with all incorrectly assembled MOTUC figures, then it could end up costing them a lot of money. Or we'll see the return of questionable "design choices" as being the justification for incorrect assembly.

I see it now...I was looking at the elbow joint and forearm....her gloves are backwards....sometimes...they go up higher on the inside when they are backwards. That is different then Stinkor...her arms are actually being put on wrong.

Reminds me of the Catra I got that had 2 right hands. That was funny. Taking 4 1/2 months to get a replacement from Matty....Not funny.

Heroic Warrior
    If the forearms are the only problem then I don't have a problem. It's an east fix and I appreciate the free gift. I think the refund offer was enough but I'll take free. Still can't wait for Frosta. I need more POP figures in my collection.

Swapped forearms don't bother me at all, it's a minor hassle to swap them.
    The grayness of her outfit bothers me far more.

I will likely still buy her though.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Netossas face Plate Please!

I just hope that the 'Gift' is POP related.

ka
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    is it reversed like stinkors? if so that's an easy fix. so I'm not VERY put out by it, we shouldn't HAVE to do these things but it's definitely an easier fix than the shoulder swap! I am still too nervous to attempt that one.
    It'll be actually be easier than Stinkor since there is no painting involved. Heat the arms at the joint with hot water from the tap or a hair dryer, pop them off, swtich the hands, and pop them back on.

My hopes for the gift are

*Netossas face plate, sharing a tool for an upcoming figure. so no huge deal.
    *repainted Frosta head with solid light blue hair and better face apps
    *Goddess Stave in white/silver for Netossa and/or SBSR Sword for her as well

all netossa needs to be as amazing as Octavia is a weapon and her face plate.

ka
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    I'm so happy that fans are not running the business, matty would be bankrupt within a few months.
    Isn't Scott a fan??
    Now Showing
    Two Bad
    Coming Attractions
    Modulok

Any clue when he free gift ships? Is it coming WITH Frosta or will it just kinda "show up" before the year is over?
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm sad Frosta's arms are screwed up (and they forgot to paint her back/Mattel Design decided to go against the 4 Horsemen's paint master and every version of Frosta in existence), but I'm glad they're admitting they screwed up and are offering a refund OR a free gift if you keep her. That's something. I mean, at LEAST Mattel is trying to make it up to customers now instead of telling us it was a design choice (Stinkor).

I mean, I can fix the arms myself. Her white inner hips (which should be blue like the 4 Horsemen painted) and her back, which is white (which should be blue) bother me a LOT more than the arms. I can fix the arms, I can't fix the missing paint problem very well on my own.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    Its messed up that they messed her up. If its an easy forearm swap, then its something that I must do, at least this time they're giving us something back for it. I fixed Mekaneck's helmet and that was a huge pain in my...finger! lol trusty screwdriver is on hand!
    Sorry to be off topic but can you post a picture of your fixed Mekaneck? I really would like to see how much better it looks before I too have a huge pain in my finger...

Have they addressed the 'Back' issue?

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Have they addressed the 'Back' issue?
    Toyguru said it was a choice made be Mattel Design.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Toyguru said it was a choice made be Mattel Design.
    Is it just that she has a bare back? Thats all I can tell from the reviews...was her back supposed to be blue?
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    Is it just that she has a bare back? Thats all I can tell from the reviews...was her back supposed to be blue?
    Yes. It's supposed to be blue, but her back is white. If you look at her from the side, it looks VERY strange! Her blue outfit just stops and all of a sudden is white. It was obviously a cost-cutting measure.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Yes. It's supposed to be blue, but her back is white. If you look at her from the side, it looks VERY strange! Her blue outfit just stops and all of a sudden is white. It was obviously a cost-cutting measure.
    Okay---I see it. Sorry, I was looking at the top part of her back and not the actual outfit. GRRRRR now I notice it, I can't un-notice it....THANKS
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    Everyone is always terrified to do a forearms swap or cracking a bucks chest open, neither are major issues. and none of them are hard at all.
    Uh... I've tried cracking chests open the way HKC showed in one of his videos and... well.. yeah... the results weren't pretty. All I did bend a break the plastic where the two pieces of the crunch meet. Even when I had the figure under the blowdryer for 10 minutes with it set on high I could not get the body to come apart, I only made it unusable.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I agree. Netossa's face plate and sword or even a free Ice blast accessory would be the perfect free gift to include with Frosta. The netossa sword cast in blue pastic would probably by the easiest thing for Mattel to do with the time remaining as they already have the tool. It defo should be something POP related as it's one of the prescious few POP figures we get that has been fudged up!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!