Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Mattel: Frosta's arms incorrect. Sub holders get a free gift apology item.

Ideally the free gift would be something useful to have in our collection, and would be something POP fans especially would enjoy.
    I wholeheartedly agree. This is first and foremost a POP figure, so the gift should relate to that. I think at the very least, they could give out BP She-Ra's tiara with a gold sticker (to resemble the vintage crown), but knowing them, it might be nothing more than a sticker or coupon or something.

Eternianghost, I share your frustration, but making Frosta the worst selling figure...well, I don't think that would do much for POP fans, would it? Of course they want a Frosta! They're not morons for wanting it, flaws and all.

It just speaks to Mattel's quality control that there seems to always be an issue like this with every release.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree. This is first and foremost a POP figure, so the gift should relate to that. I think at the very least, they could give out BP She-Ra's tiara with a gold sticker (to resemble the vintage crown), but knowing them, it might be nothing more than a sticker or coupon or something.

Eternianghost, I share your frustration, but making Frosta the worst selling figure...well, I don't think that would do much for POP fans, would it? Of course they want a Frosta! They're not morons for wanting it, flaws and all.

It just speaks to Mattel's quality control that there seems to always be an issue like this with every release.
    I love POP...but they will never fix the QC if people keep buying the already known messed up items...I mean...we know this one is flawed...yet they are still going to sell the figure that way??? How can that even be?? No way I will ever purchase a Frosta...and I wanted her. It is beyond belief to me they can get away with this...they need to recall all of them...fix them...then repackage them...period! I don't open my figures either...so I would have to just deal with it...this one will be missing from my collection! That is $60.00 loss for this line...I bet anything I am not the only who will now not be getting one!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    My best guess is that it will/should be something POP related that isn't essential since non-POP fans will more than likely return her for the refund and not care about a POP free gift. Non-essential should be key since only subscribers will be getting the gift so it shouldn't be Netossa's mask or sword. I'll be keeping her although I'm not a POP fan per se, but a MOTUC fan and she is actually one of my favorite POP characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Ideally the free gift would be something useful to have in our collection, and would be something POP fans especially would enjoy. Perhaps a Netossa headdress.
    And I would completely disagree it's an item for "sub holders" who are all in so it could possibly be from any aspect of Classics. Plus as a sub-holder you have the ooption to return Frosta because she is manufactured wrong, so it really shouldn't be something for her. Although a different head would be cool it would be almost pointless for anyone returning her? Rattlor's Armor would an awesome way to get that to sub holders, and while I'm not overly excited about this it could be Snake Face's Snake Staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternianghost View Post
    To me ANYONE who buys this figure is not being smart..they are selling us something they know is not put together Right...yet you still have to get one because you can fix it yourself...If I pay over $30.00 for something...I do not want to take it apart because it was put together wrong...that is just plain stupid!

IF you buy this figure...they will continue not to care...this will continue happen.

I will NOT get this figure...they should recall ALL of them and fix each one!

Buy a wind raider day? Hell NO!!!!

How about fix frosta day then sell her to us...then I might consider a wind raider...

YOU the consumer is who is allowing them to continue doing this...they will never fix any issues if you keep buying them no matter what!
    Her fix really isn't that hard or even that noticable if you leave her alone. It's not like she has a flaw that makes her a damaged figure right out of the package. ANd if you're getting more than one item it isn't $30.00 for her, but $20 + other items + shipping.

I hope the free item is a Frosta head with painted hair.
    Last edited by Scorpia; November 15, 2012 at 01:48pm.

I can't wait for Frosta and think she looks great if the forearms weren't pointed out by others I would never notice it myself.
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

I know we shouldn't have to do this but won't she be a relatively easy fix? I'm all for a free gift though
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    I know we shouldn't have to do this but won't she be a relatively easy fix? I'm all for a free gift though

Yeah, nobody should have to do surgery on what is essentially a $30 figure (which was delayed in the first place)... Especially not when this isn't the first time they have had this problem.

Sallah

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    Yeah, nobody should have to do surgery on what is essentially a $30 figure (which was delayed in the first place)... Especially not when this isn't the first time they have had this problem.

Sallah
    Yeah the delays really never bothered me. Never saw the reason to get up in arms about it but I totally agree on becoming a surgeon for this line. I guess I'd rather it be fixable (this time) than send it back and not have one at all.

Shame. I know a couple people who are getting her off me are gonna probably be upset. Wonder if any slipped out with correct arms?
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Quote Originally Posted by Eternianghost View Post
    I love POP...but they will never fix the QC if people keep buying the already known messed up items...I mean...we know this one is flawed...yet they are still going to sell the figure that way??? How can that even be?? No way I will ever purchase a Frosta...and I wanted her. It is beyond belief to me they can get away with this...they need to recall all of them...fix them...then repackage them...period! I don't open my figures either...so I would have to just deal with it...this one will be missing from my collection! That is $60.00 loss for this line...I bet anything I am not the only who will now not be getting one!
    here's the problem:
    Mattel has us on a spot where we either take the defective Frostas in order to keep getting POP or we don't...
    If Frosta doesn't sell as well as she should, Mattel's people is more likely to think: "Frosta's sales sucked, then POP SUCKS, no more POP in MOTUC!" Instead of ""We screwed the pooch with Frosta. We should do a Frosta 2.0 to fix this issue" (Cause they still sold us the Goddess even if the entire run was defective, same with Hsss, snout Spout and Roboto...)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by lemure77 View Post
    Shame. I know a couple people who are getting her off me are gonna probably be upset. Wonder if any slipped out with correct arms?
    It does seem there are some with the correct arms, just not a lot of them.

I hate the fact that this line is still plagued by the same types of problems, especially due to the fact that we've been promised, ad nauseam, that these issues would be addressed.
    But I do commend the fact that they took responsibility on Frosta's forearm issue, and admitted that it was an actual error this time around.
    It really bugs me whenever they try to weasel out on obvious mistakes by selling us with some cockamamie excuses, I often find their obvious "spin tactics" as just plain insulting to one's intelligence.
    The continued issues have been harrowing, but the honesty has been quite refreshing.

The silver lining is that swapping Frosta's forearms seems to be an easy fix, but the "black plastic" issue my rear it's head again and make this a bit harder than initially anticipated.

The question is:
    Do any go you guys know if the forearm part of Frosta would be cast in flesh, or will it be in black plastic?
    Arm swaps are fairly simple (heat and pop), but if the parts to be swapped aint cast in the color it should be in, then scratches a very likely to occur if this fix is going to be done (popping the pins in still requires a modicum amount of force, even if the parts in question has been heated).

thoughts?
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

I won't be popping the pins. If anything, I'll pop the bicep at the shoulder joint and just swap the entire arms, then pop the hands out and swap them.

Or just leave her with reversed hands after the fact. Might make her "pop."

[QUOTE=Haradrel;3124106]Because they are humans doing a manual task, probably under a set time to have them finished.

I understand there is a line with people putting these Classics figures together. But you can't tell me that somewhere there has to be a operations/floor manager overseeing the product. They should be checking for errors as the figure is being put together. Not wait until all 10,000 figures are completed. And say...well we tried. The R & L are confusing apparently.

So, they're willing to say that the forearms were a mistake...but not the white, unpainted back part of her costume?

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel: Frosta's arms incorrect. Sub holders get a free gift apology item.
    They will NEVER learn ! A "free gift apology item" is NOT what fans want. We actually wanted a DECENT, CORRECTLY ASSEMBLED FROSTA WITH A WHITE OUTFIT (and not grey) ! If Mattel wanted to play fair with the fans, they should have ordered a SECOND RUN of Frosta figures, but correctly assembled this time !

Due to this, I decided that I'd pass on Frosta, who is one of my most favorite POP/Great Rebellion characters. I'm still undecided about the other Great Rebellion characters... I guess my final decision will be taken by the time Netossa is released. But I read that Netossa's shins could be reversed too. Such a cryin' shame...

By the way, I think I know why Frosta's clothes are so grey... It is likely that she has black plastic under that coat of paint. Cover black plastic with a THIN layer of white paint, and you'll get a greyish colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    By the way, I think I know why Frosta's clothes are so grey... It is likely that she has black plastic under that coat of paint. Cover black plastic with a THIN layer of white paint, and you'll get a greyish colour.
    That is not correct. The plastic is not bright white, but it is cast in the "white"color, not black.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    I won't be popping the pins. If anything, I'll pop the bicep at the shoulder joint and just swap the entire arms, then pop the hands out and swap them.
    That is the easiest route for sure. The biceps are so similar that you would not be able to tell any difference. Plus, popping the pegs at the shoulders and wrists is a lot more safe than having to try to get that elbow peg free.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    You may have a point there, actually. From what we've heard thus far, there are a few black parts. I don't think it's that the whole figure is black plastic, but it would be very hard to get a pure white over whatever black parts there are without a lot of thick paint, so it may have been more practical to do everything in a greyer tone. Otherwise, the parts not made in black would either be darker than the rest or feature huge gobs of thick paint, which likewise wouldn't match up well.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    Just saw the thread about power con from afi, the first line is

Frostas arms are incorrect. They know it. They will offer full refunds for sub holders, but this is the only Frosta they will make. They will do a free gift as an apology to sub holders.

It sucks that Frosta will be incorrect but great to see them step up and admit and apologize for it. Offering something is a great "we are sorry" vs. the take it or leave it from Hssss and Roboto.

Any thoughts of what it could be? Hopes?

J
    A full refund AND a free gift? Wow!
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

IF they could tell us what the free gift is that would be nice
    http://www.DoomKick.com -Toys reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

Heroic Warrior
    Not a great reward on my book... I'd prefer they would take all these screwed Frostas back and release a proper one. To me the worst is not even the forearms but the dirty white suit. This will probably drive me out of MOTUC for good... I'm just waiting to check how my DB Skeletor will arrive and go from there.

These last few days, instead of getting pumped by the Grayskull revelation and all that I'm just thinking about better places to spend my money other than MOTUC...

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Finally revelead the apology item!!!

Sorry guys! It's just a joke! I don't wanna go berserk readin' about the bad condition of our beloved line so I'm tryin' to laugh...
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    I'd sooner have a Frosta with incorrect arms than no Frosta at all and a 'free gift'...
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I think we all know that the apology gift will be Rattlors armour. Great, something non POP related
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

If it's Rattlor's armor, that would be awesome! Nothing has been said to confirm that yet.