Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Mattel: Frosta's arms incorrect. Sub holders get a free gift apology item.

Wow, I didnt think we would have to wait a full year to get the free gift. I am hope the my sub page is up and running so those who didnt sub up in 2013 can change their address if they move.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    But now you are effectively reading something into it that TG hasn't said. There's nothing in his statement about refunds being partial or not.
    TG needs to hire an English major to look over the responses; he's definitely got some pronoun problems.

If this is what we are talking about, has there been any specifics on what will be refunded? Are folks still going to have to pay postage on a figure they are just planning to return? I'd normally assume that postage to and from Matty would be covered in a case like this, but we are talking Mattel here, so you never know unless it is actualy stated in writing (and then you're not 100% sure until it actually happens).

As far as the gift goes, the talk of needing to cost things out and the lead time needed actually sounds like good news. That's the kind of time it takes to actually make something like an accessory; something like a sticker sheet could be pumped out in a few months. But, again, a question comes to mind: it's for folks who subscribed this year, but a lot of those folks didn't sub for next year, so they can't just go by the sub database that will be in place next year. How is Matty going to keep track of who gets this gift? They can barely keep the subs straight from month to month; keeping track of who should get this gift a year after the fact seems highly unlikely (to be kind).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Wow, I didnt think we would have to wait a full year to get the free gift. I am hope the my sub page is up and running so those who didnt sub up in 2013 can change their address if they move.
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    TG needs to hire an English major to look over the responses; he's definitely got some pronoun problems.

If this is what we are talking about, has there been any specifics on what will be refunded? Are folks still going to have to pay postage on a figure they are just planning to return? I'd normally assume that postage to and from Matty would be covered in a case like this, but we are talking Mattel here, so you never know unless it is actualy stated in writing (and then you're not 100% sure until it actually happens).

As far as the gift goes, the talk of needing to cost things out and the lead time needed actually sounds like good news. That's the kind of time it takes to actually make something like an accessory; something like a sticker sheet could be pumped out in a few months. But, again, a question comes to mind: it's for folks who subscribed this year, but a lot of those folks didn't sub for next year, so they can't just go by the sub database that will be in place next year. How is Matty going to keep track of who gets this gift? They can barely keep the subs straight from month to month; keeping track of who should get this gift a year after the fact seems highly unlikely (to be kind).
    Well they are giving the cancelled Ghostbusters subscription holders a free gift (GITD Slimer) and it is being sent out in October, over a year after the sub was cancelled. I imagine they are sending this to even those who only subscribed to the Ghostbusters sub if there were any? Look for the "Frosta" gift to be similar and may take about the same length of time to get out?

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Well they are giving the cancelled Ghostbusters subscription holders a free gift (GITD Slimer) and it is being sent out in October, over a year after the sub was cancelled. I imagine they are sending this to even those who only subscribed to the Ghostbusters sub if there were any? Look for the "Frosta" gift to be similar and may take about the same length of time to get out?
    Probably going to be GITD Slimer.
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Yes, but there is only one database for the defunct Busters sub (and since they haven't shipped them out yet, we have no idea how it's going to work there). With MOTU, you will be going back to a previous database while a new database for the same line is also active. Normally, I wouldn't see this as a problem, but for DR, turning on a computer apparently requires hours of training to get right. this is something they have not done before, and I cant recall a single time DR tried something new and didn't foul it up. I honestly don't see this ending well...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, but there is only one database for the defunct Busters sub (and since they haven't shipped them out yet, we have no idea how it's going to work there). With MOTU, you will be going back to a previous database while a new database for the same line is also active. Normally, I wouldn't see this as a problem, but for DR, turning on a computer apparently requires hours of training to get right. this is something they have not done before, and I cant recall a single time DR tried something new and didn't foul it up. I honestly don't see this ending well...
    You could be right and they only send them to 2013 subscribers or something? I just knew it wasn't going to happen overnight after seeing the length of time it is taking to get the Slimer to those subscribers ( I should be getting 1 for a friend who I ordered a GB sub for).

We won't get it until this time next year, but we are still getting the gift.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyGuru
    It is most likely to ship in q3 of 2013.
    Link.

It'll probably be a coupon based thing or voucher like they did for battle cat. That would be cool huh?

Every time something free is announced people get up in arms.

I agree. His blog entries were being proofread, if I recall correctly, so since he isn't writing those anymore, why can't he do the same for the odd question that's not answered by "Keep reading the bios", "Nothing to announce at this time" or "I have no control over ... this Q&A is for brand and product questions"? There's absolute no point in answering questions if the replies are incohesive or irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    We won't get it until this time next year, but we are still getting the gift.
    Which still leaves us with the question, who is we ... subscribers or subscribers who don't ask for a refund on Frosta.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Which still leaves us with the question, who is we ... subscribers or subscribers who don't ask for a refund on Frosta.
    All subscribers will get it no matter if they keep Frosta or send her back, also for every subscription bought.

All subscribers will get it no matter if they keep Frosta or send her back, also for every subscription bought.
    See, if Scott had phrased it like that, there would be no discussion
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

But then there are the people that think "day-of" buyers should get the free gift too... but they don't really quite understand the purpose of the free gift
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    But then there are the people that think "day-of" buyers should get the free gift too... but they don't really quite understand the purpose of the free gift
    That is kind of silly......here's our appology for knowingly buying a figure you may not be happy with because you know there is a good chance the forearms are switched. Sorry for the inconvenience your informed purchase may have caused you.......

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    That is kind of silly......here's our appology for knowingly buying a figure you may not be happy with because you know there is a good chance the forearms are switched. Sorry for the inconvenience your informed purchase may have caused you.......
    Well.... to be fair, I think it's more of a 'This is the ONLY frosta you will get' deal. If they're THAT sorry for a messed up figure, the argument should be that they are sorry for EVERYONE who buys her

There are going to be a lot of people buying her ANYWAY... but who are STILL upset at the switched parts.

I have a feeling that every subscription gets it's own database ANYWAY. 2012 gets one... 2013 gets a seperate one. None of us 'new' subscribers for 2013 are getting those 'announcement' emails yet... and We're all locked in for 2013, but I havent' heard of any NEW guys getting a 2012 sub figure on accident

I don't think it's very hard of complicated to just use the 2012 database for shipping

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Well.... to be fair, I think it's more of a 'This is the ONLY frosta you will get' deal. If they're THAT sorry for a messed up figure, the argument should be that they are sorry for EVERYONE who buys her

There are going to be a lot of people buying her ANYWAY... but who are STILL upset at the switched parts.
    Yea, that's the argument I'm seeing some folks give out, but the fact is the gift is only for subscribers since subscribers are the only people "forced" to buy Frosta. If cherry picker choose to buy a figure they see as "defective", then that is their own informed purchase. Mattel does not need to compensate these buyers.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

So if I don't want Frosta do I have to still pay for her to be shipped to me then deal with DR, or can the just keep her and not charge me for her?

Don't think the DR headaches will be wirth the $20

J

Yea, that's the argument I'm seeing some folks give out, but the fact is the gift is only for subscribers since subscribers are the only people "forced" to buy Frosta. If cherry picker choose to buy a figure they see as "defective", then that is their own informed purchase. Mattel does not need to compensate these buyers.
    I agree with you completely Kowl. In my opinion this is a ridiculous argument to make. If you're knowingly buying a figure that you perceive as "defective" then you aren't entitled to a free gift, regardless of how much you want that figure.

Let's be honest here. This should not have happened but it is an easy fix. There has already been ample instruction from fellow fans how to go about correcting this issue. I know that's not the point but it is the reality.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Sorry if this was mentioned somewhere, but any word on what the free gift could be?
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

^ Not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    So if I don't want Frosta do I have to still pay for her to be shipped to me then deal with DR, or can the just keep her and not charge me for her?

Don't think the DR headaches will be wirth the $20

J
    Pretty sure it's treated like any other return: you get Frosta, and if you wanna keep her you keep her, if you want a refund send her back.

Heroic Warrior
    But to 'make it right' for subscribers... all they HAVE to do is offer refunds. Now subscribers aren't required to have anything THEY don't want either.

Sadly, as much as I wanted to get her. She was my favorite of the Vintage PoP girls we had and I was looking forward to her. However, I can't afford her AND Black lion at the same time... so Voltron gets the win this October.

But I really don't agree with people who claim that day of buyers 'don't deserve' something when their 'favorite' character is just as messed up as everyone elses.

Of course this is all devil's advocate here... I REALLY don't even NOTICE Frosta's 'mistake' personally. Which I REALLY think is the biggest issue with the Horseman's designs. They are SOOOOO articulated and SOOOOOooo precise... that you need to be an expert in anatomy to even notice these mistakes.

And frankly the factory workers in China are NOT experts. Left forearm/Right forearm look pretty close to them. Same with Stinkor. There was a MASSIVE thread of people needing the mistake 'pointed out' even to the reviewers before the mistake was widely recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    But to 'make it right' for subscribers... all they HAVE to do is offer refunds. Now subscribers aren't required to have anything THEY don't want either.

Sadly, as much as I wanted to get her. She was my favorite of the Vintage PoP girls we had and I was looking forward to her. However, I can't afford her AND Black lion at the same time... so Voltron gets the win this October.

But I really don't agree with people who claim that day of buyers 'don't deserve' something when their 'favorite' character is just as messed up as everyone elses.
    I think you're forgetting that rather than just not ordering it, subscribers have to receive it and then go through the hassle of sending it back and getting their money back.

Sorry, but I must join the crowd in being confused by anyone who would say "Give me something free because I decided to not purchase something!"

This isn't a sub vs cherry picker vs whatever issue, really. I think it's just common sense. You take care of people you've possibly inconvenienced, who laid down money and promised to pay for product of a certain quality. When you don't meet that standard, you do a make good. It's really just a nice little bonus. Like the sticker sheets or the Battlecat coupon.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Sorry, but I must join the crowd in being confused by anyone who would say "Give me something free because I decided to not purchase something!"
    It's my understanding that ALL the subscribers are getting the gift... not JUST the ones who 'return' her. It's a general 'we screwed up, Sorry' gift... not 'Sorry for you having to deal with DR to Return her' gift.

Soooo yeah, If you don't GET a Frosta... then you really aren't affected by the mistake and shouldn't get anything.

If they Really are 'Sorry' for messing up... than it's a messup that affects ALL the Fans. Not just the favored subscribers. ANYONE with a toy that is misassembled should feel somewhat entitled to the apology.

I applaud Mattel for actually going the extra mile this time... but by the nature of 'gift' they aren't REQUIRED to. We've already seen with Hiss, Roboto, and Stinkor that switched parts don't 'entitle' us to nuthin'.

Something like this really DOES go back to the poorer fans who didn't pony up the big bucks back when being second class fans. If the apology is becasue of Frosta.... stick something extra in every frosta box. Just that easy. And you don't have to worry about databases and addresses and any other kind of potential glitches.

The sub holders have an added annoyance of having to return her, that's true... but signing up for the sub gives them plenty of perks too. Between the exclusive figs, the cheaper cost, the coupons and stickers and maps... They REALLY aren't THAT victimized.

They are not separate databases. I am a programmer and all orders are probably in the same DB. This is why the subscription page is taking so long. They can identify sub holders using the original order for the 2012 sub. So people who can cancelled their subs may end up getting the gift too. We really won''t know until a year from now.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Let me just ask ahead of time if anyone would be willing to part with their signed photo of Spector once it arrives?

j/k, hope it's cool!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.