Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Mattel: Frosta's arms incorrect. Sub holders get a free gift apology item.

So if Mattel isn't giving the sorry gift to day of sales, I wonder if on the sale page there will be something telling customers that she is miss assembled?

J

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    They are not separate databases. I am a programmer and all orders are probably in the same DB. This is why the subscription page is taking so long. They can identify sub holders using the original order for the 2012 sub. So people who can cancelled their subs may end up getting the gift too. We really won''t know until a year from now.
    Not necessarily. It depends on how the program utilizing the database is set up. I've seen and used a sign in system that accesses a main, singular database that holds all the old and new information, and I've used one where a new database had to be loaded up at the beginning of every semester. Given the nature of the subs, it could actually go either way. The one thing that, in retrospect, makes me think you may be right about one big database is the yearly foul-up with the second charge of the year being done on old credit cards rather than the default. It could still be in a new database, but I recall some folks reporting a card being charged that wasn't even active when the subs were bought.

Regardless, considering my Matty problems occurred when they mixed my account up with someone else's, I've got very little faith in the integrity of either the database itself or the capabilities of the folks at DR using it.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    So if Mattel isn't giving the sorry gift to day of sales, I wonder if on the sale page there will be something telling customers that she is miss assembled?

J
    Probably. They did it with King Hiss eventually.

Heroic Warrior
    how do you get a refund or do you have to wait to receive it first?

You request a refund after you get her. They can't refund something you don't have.

I hope the free gift is a repaint of the plinth for the Orb of Grayskull that comes with TOD Sorceress but in Grayskull brick green. Not all sub holders will be able to pick her up from the Cons this year (especially UK fans like me) and I dont think there will be very much stock left to sell on Matty in December. Not to mention how expensive December is going to be with Granamyr coming out, so many of us Sub-holders will miss out on this accessory and im fed up of having my Orb of Grayskull rolling around on my shelf! The green colour would match with the actual Castle (assuming it meets the minimum pre-orders and gets made) and would make a nice addition to our Castle and figure display. Plus it would allow Mattel to get another use out of the existing tooling that otherwise would probably not get used again. Its a win-win situation surely?

Heroic Warrior
    Once again, I'm left wondering whether we'll get Rattlor's, Frosta's and Weapons pack 3's previews in time... Day of sale is in 8 days, and there are still no previews at all !

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Once again, I'm left wondering whether we'll get Rattlor's, Frosta's and Weapons pack 3's previews in time... Day of sale is in 8 days, and there are still no previews at all !
    Do you need the reviews before you purchase them?
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Do you mean reviews like Pixel Dan's? If so, haven't they been online for a while now?... I'm certain I've seen Frosta and Rattlor reviews.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

The reviews were posted a while ago dawg.

Mekaneck's head with green goggles + Rattlor's neckpiece painted green = Snake Mekaneck. That would be a cool gift.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Uhh…vid reviews for Frosta and Rattlor have been around for a while now…

http://pixel-dan.com/masters-of-the-...figure-review/

http://pixel-dan.com/masters-of-the-...figure-review/

I don't think PD has done a vid review of the next weapons pack yet…however…there's been a vid showing the contents and pics of the contents floating around since SDCC.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Uhh…vid reviews for Frosta and Rattlor have been around for a while now…
    Oh ! Sorry... and thank you !

But what about the weapons pack 3 ?

Heroic Warrior
    Oh ! Sorry... and thank you !

But what about the weapons pack 3 ?
    Did they ever send review samples of the previous weapons packs before? They seem pretty self explanatory with missing weapons for Draego Man, Horde Prime's staff, Keldor swords, MAA 200X Arm Cannon, and just recolored previous weapons.

So we aren't getting the gift until next year? what happens if you have a sub for this year but dont have a sub for next year?
    But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!

We don't know any of the details yet.

Just got my order and within 2 minutes of opening Frosta, I had her correctly assembled. As far as I'm concerned, this is a no lose situation. Like most of the incorrectly assembled females before, she is easily repaired and we get a free gift?! Score. Any word on when the free gift is coming?

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    Just got my order and within 2 minutes of opening Frosta, I had her correctly assembled. As far as I'm concerned, this is a no lose situation. Like most of the incorrectly assembled females before, she is easily repaired and we get a free gift?! Score. Any word on when the free gift is coming?
    I recall TG saying 3rd Qtr 2013.......

Have the Ghostbusters fans ever got there free gift yet from having all the subs canceled?

I know that gift was promised quite some time ago. Who knows when we'll get ours.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar

Alternate head for the Frosta freebie?

I saw Toyguru's post about the Frosta freebie they're planning to send to subscribers. He said a unique tool was unlikely. How about Mattel sends us a Frosta head with solid, non- translucent hair with a very light blue paint scheme, closer to the original prototype's hair color (and to the filmation cartoon) . It's already tooled and most people were disappointed with the darker blue hair. Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not a big fan of alternate heads, but that really isn't a bad idea at all.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

I'm not a subscriber until next year, but my gift was Mattel actually admitting she was wrong from the factory....right away, unlike the Swiftwind thing....I bought Frosta all the same, and I am happy with her, Grays and all, I did the forearm swap, and had to fix a loose knee, but now, she is just fine by me.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    I saw Toyguru's post about the Frosta freebie they're planning to send to subscribers. He said a unique tool was unlikely. How about Mattel sends us a Frosta head with solid, non- translucent hair with a very light blue paint scheme, closer to the original prototype's hair color (and to the filmation cartoon) . It's already tooled and most people were disappointed with the darker blue hair. Any thoughts?
    Heads are really expensive for paint apps. And it's not something that benefits most people, who don't have a problem with the head.

Some sort of weapon or accessory would be better. Doesn't even have to be Frosta-related.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    Heads are really expensive for paint apps. And it's not something that benefits most people, who don't have a problem with the head.

Some sort of weapon or accessory would be better. Doesn't even have to be Frosta-related.
    I think it should be Frosta related, since she was the figure that got screwed up. Toyguru saying that a unique tool was unlikely sounds like it will be something generic like Clawful's weapon in a different shade of green, or a mini poster, or a sticker sheet. My hopes are pretty low of it actually being something cool. But then again you never know, I hope it is at least Pop related.

I will be a happy camper if Mattel gives us Netossa's sword.