Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay MOC Figures. Real or fake?

Ebay MOC Figures. Real or fake?

All of the cards look to be in excellent/case fresh shape and are all unpunched. The first auction I saw was He-Man and right away the card looked like a repro to me. The reds and blues are way too dark and over saturated looking. The other MOC figures look the same. What do you guys think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTU-100-com...item43b3ca00e4

Here's the answer to your question: what is the likelihood that he has a Trapjaw AND Tri-Klops both on a NEW card WITH a clear bubble? Compare all of his "carded" figures to his Evil-Lyn (which is real).

On the upside, he's correct in saying that all the figures are 100% real.
    go go dissertation!

By the power of Grayskull kbob25's Avatar
    The first thing that caught my eye was the placement of the punch holes. They look a bit low on the card to me on some of them. Your correct though.....something about these seem off.

- - - Updated - - -

I did notice one other thing. The seller has negative feedback from people stating his MOTU items are glued together.

Trust your gut.
    Zoom in on some pics and you can see glue residue around the bubbles. Toooo fishy to me (IMO). Where are the rings for Trappy and Tri Klops????? All "NEW" Trap Jaw and Tri Klops figures came with the ring and the yellow starburst on the card. Maybe couldn't repro those bubbles.

And the titles/descriptions are to perfectly worded to cover any claims.
    100% Complete
    Sealed in Package
    "Original Vintage 1980's figure ,mini comic ,weapons and armor accessories"

Never claims that they are original or Factory sealed packages so it is worded just right to not have any problems fighting a refund claim with EBay.
    Like I said TRUST YOUR GUT!!!!
    ----------------------------------------------
    MY Collection: (some of it)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=14643

Quote Originally Posted by stjarna View Post
    Here's the answer to your question: what is the likelihood that he has a Trapjaw AND Tri-Klops both on a NEW card WITH a clear bubble? Compare all of his "carded" figures to his Evil-Lyn (which is real).

On the upside, he's correct in saying that all the figures are 100% real.
    Yeah the Evil-Lyn is definitely the only real card back.

Quote Originally Posted by kbob25 View Post
    The first thing that caught my eye was the placement of the punch holes. They look a bit low on the card to me on some of them. Your correct though.....something about these seem off.

- - - Updated - - -

I did notice one other thing. The seller has negative feedback from people stating his MOTU items are glued together.
    The placement of the punch holes can vary on each card. Some are higher/lower than others.

Quote Originally Posted by rougewelder View Post
    Trust your gut.
    Zoom in on some pics and you can see glue residue around the bubbles. Toooo fishy to me (IMO). Where are the rings for Trappy and Tri Klops????? All "NEW" Trap Jaw and Tri Klops figures came with the ring and the yellow starburst on the card. Maybe couldn't repro those bubbles.

And the titles/descriptions are to perfectly worded to cover any claims.
    100% Complete
    Sealed in Package
    "Original Vintage 1980's figure ,mini comic ,weapons and armor accessories"

Never claims that they are original or Factory sealed packages so it is worded just right to not have any problems fighting a refund claim with EBay.
    Like I said TRUST YOUR GUT!!!!
    After more inspection I did notice some obvious glue residue. Good call on the "New" with Trap Jaw and Tri-Klops. And I agree with the description. As I was reading it I was saying to myself, man this guy is trying to cover all bases.

I reported every MOC auction except for the Evil-Lyn. I hope you guys take a few minutes to do the same. Just click report item, then select Copyright and trademark - Counterfeit item or authenticity disclaimer - Counterfeit, fake or replica items. In the description I just put that the action figure is on a reproduction card and bubble. Seller says original. It's not. Hopefully we can get these auctions pulled so no one gets a bum figure and wastes their money.

200% fake

I contacted the seller and let him know the figures were fake. I gave him a list of reasons why and showed some past auctions, particularly of Trap-Jaw, Tr-Klops and Whiplash proving they are fake. I told him he should either update all the descriptions or return them from whomever he purchased them from. Let's see what happens.

Now, it COULD be just me, I have been out of the MOTU game for a while.

But you linked the MOC he-man figure... When did he man ever come with Orange painted cuffs on his arm? I didn't think he did... So hes rocking Tri-klops' left arm?

I also bet 100% FULLY, The seller knows Exactly whats hes doing.

Quote Originally Posted by joeybones View Post
    Now, it COULD be just me, I have been out of the MOTU game for a while.

But you linked the MOC he-man figure... When did he man ever come with Orange painted cuffs on his arm? I didn't think he did... So hes rocking Tri-klops' left arm?

I also bet 100% FULLY, The seller knows Exactly whats hes doing.
    I thought so too, but after talking to the seller, he has updated each auction stating that the cards and bubbles may be reproductions. The seller has excellent feedback so I believe he truly didn't know. Anyway, good on the seller for actually updating the auctions. He said he also contacted each bidder and let them know the situation.

That seller has made offers on my MIB Vintage Tytus so he is not a MOTU noob (ridiculously low offers). I'm calling B.S. that he didn't know. People sell repro cards and repro bubbles so some people will try and pawn these off as originals to people that either don't know any better or just take a quick look at the pics and don't really put the (well calculated) description under a microscope.
    I'm not bidding on them so it's no biggie. Just don't want people getting burned.
    ----------------------------------------------
    MY Collection: (some of it)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=14643

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    The seller has bought many motu items before, and should have plenty of samples around to compare. Including a Teela he picked up for 12 bucks, and a ton of vintage cardbacks. He is a collector. I didn't need to dig deeper than that to satisfy my curiosity.

He has a terrible selection of figures to be recarded, many of these as mentioned plus Webstor, Clawful, and Buzz-Off which all have the extended bubble. This would either be a rare version, or the obvious repro card it is.

boo, I really need a clear Skeletor too,
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Lol, he's not even taking responsibility for what he sell's! No refunds etc.
    But you got to give him credit for that crazy story on the bottom. In short, give me your money and you get something.... I don't know what but I want money hahahaha.
    I want this guy to be my lawyer if I ever need one cause he can talk the talk....
    Nope.... nothing here! Just a link to my site http://motumulder.webklik.nl/page/fotoalbum with customs!

This person bought a bunch of Eternia stuff off me for super cheap. Can't get mad at that because it is eBay and you never know what you are going to get. That being said, they are definitely an expert in MOTU and that Tri-Klops arm on the "sealed" vintage He-Man figure is a riot!
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

Yeah, I was very suspicious. All clear bubbles, all unpunched. And some ridiculous story about buying these at a flea market because some guy needed the money?! If these were real, that guy could have went directly to Ebay himself and made a small fortune!

Agreed. The sellers new description and how he aquired the items is a great read.

Court Magician
    I've bought lots of stuff from this guy in the past and just bought a MOTUC megator off him and he's always been great to buy from.
    I've never had problems and his feedback is great and so are his shipping rates

- - - Updated - - -

FROM SELLER of MOC CARDED FIGURES ON EBAY: I can understand everyones concern. But,Really... Some have suspected and assumed to much. It is like hysteria. The more each of them talk the bigger the conspiracy gets. And,I have said nothing that was not true. The "whole" story about where i get my stuff is true and the carded figures. ??? Where do they think i get them... Aliens?
    All said and done... These carded figures have came in to light for what they may or may not be. I have listed my legit position on them. I have not attached any mumbo jumbo. Everything is in responce to the questions i get about the carded figures. As i answer questions to the bidders about the items i attach that info progressively to the listing.
    My feedback says alot... But,Not enough. It refelects 1340. But,I have done several thousand ebay transactions. But,Never have i had or ever sold any carded MOTU figures before. I paid for these items and i am impressed with what they are reguardless on the opinions or suspicions of the people questioning them. I am not pulling the blanket over anyones eyes nor am i trying to cheat anyone out of the their hard earned cash. These carded figures are a prospect for all to consider. I saw them ,I liked them ,I wanted them and i bought them. All of the NAH SAYERS preach all you want about your thoughts on these carded figures. But,To drag my reputation and assemble false stories about my character and or my intentions is offensive and inconsiderate. Disrespectful to me and the thousands of people that i have bought and sold from. Its surprising to see people in this modern world make mockery and deface the character of others completely out of assumption???
    My thoughts and actions on listing these carded figures are just as i have said. Any and every other theroy or assumption is just offensive speculation.

The problem I have is with the MOC He-Man. That is not a matter of opinion. It is a loose He-Man figure that was repackaged with a Tri-Klops arm. The others look suspect but i am more of a loose figure guy so i don't know exactly what they look like. The fact that the "MOC" He-Man description has not been updated to reflect that is concerning. Also the fact that returns are not accepted is concerning because if I bought these and discovered they were reproductions, I would want my money back. I was even watching these before this was exposed and I might have bid on them. I am now glad it did not.
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    My interaction with him, just for those of you curious. He basically pasted the same thing as above.

Dear faeriesland-com,

I'm glad you're listening to concerns, that's the first step!

You are however copy/pasting the same answer, so that tells me you are getting tons of comments from people that know better, and bids from people that don't know better, which in turn tells us all you are ignoring facts and taking advantage of the situation. That doesn't look good.

It doesn't matter where you got the figures. To be clear, we are accusing you of selling fake packages, so from aliens? No. From your garage where you printed cards, and ebay where you bought bubbles... maybe. That's the exact issue. Make no doubts about it. If you did get them from a flea market, that's unfortunate. Because somebody went through the trouble of creating them, and then went to a flea market where an ebay seller and buyer of he-man goods happened upon the whole lot. I hate that you might have been ripped off by somebody. It's happened to us all! But please don't keep passing on the misfortune. If you need advice on how to recollect your lost funds on these items, I can help point you in the right direction.

It's clear to me that six of your figures are fake. There's absolutely no doubt about it. And the association with the remaining figures tends to prove them fake as well. You need to suck it up. You make a sell, great? No, that won't be the end of the story. If you actually get the money from the buyer, you won't keep it long, and your feedback will be ruined.

You have some cool stuff, and your feedback paints the story of somebody who didn't know better. But now it's time to remove the items. Your disclaimers are buried too deep on the page. Many bidders use mobile devises (apps) that don't even display the extra comment without digging for it, and indeed some of these figures look more legit than others on their own and away from the evidence of the group. So a buyer looking for a specific figure will be very dissatisfied.

Please step up and do the right thing here.

-cheers

Dear highestcarrot,

I can understand everyones concern. But,Really... Some have suspected and assumed to much. It is like hysteria. The more each of them talk the bigger the conspiracy gets. And,I have said nothing that was not true. The "whole" story about where i get my stuff is true and the carded figures. ??? Where do they think i get them... Aliens? All said and done... These carded figures have came in to light for what they may or may not be. I have listed my legit position on them. I have not attached any mumbo jumbo. Everything is in responce to the questions i get about the carded figures. As i answer questions to the bidders about the items i attach that info progressively to the listing. My feedback says alot... But,Not enough. It refelects 1340. But,I have done several thousand ebay transactions. But,Never have i had or ever sold any carded MOTU figures before. I paid for these items and i am impressed with what they are reguardless on the opinions or suspicions of the people questioning them. I am not pulling the blanket over anyones eyes nor am i trying to cheat anyone out of the their hard earned cash. These carded figures are a prospect for all to consider. I saw them ,I liked them ,I wanted them and i bought them. All of the NAH SAYERS preach all you want about your thoughts on these carded figures. But,To drag my reputation and assemble false stories about my character and or my intentions is offensive and inconsiderate. Disrespectful to me and the thousands of people that i have bought and sold from. Its surprising to see people in this modern world make mockery and deface the character of others completely out of assumption???My thoughts and actions on listing these carded figures are just as i have said. Any and every other theroy or assumption is just offensive speculation. I have revised all of the listings and i contact every new bidder to notify them of the concern. I started these auctions at $34. All of the current bidders want them REGUARDLESS.

Dear faeriesland-com,

Many of these items are clear repacks. Wrong bubbles, and wrong parts speak for themselves. It doesn't truly matter that you got ripped off when you bought them, you shouldn't be selling them as legit, if you want to keep your good feedback, I'd repost them with less fluff and more facts. If I were to purchase this, send it ti AFA, have it disproven, I can guarantee paypal would give me a refund on the item. You owe it to yourself as a collector (and you do seem to buy large amounts of he-man to not be an expert) to position these items more closely to the truth. Very sorry if you purchased these figures yourself for an unreasonable price. -cheers

- highestcarrot
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

hey guys. imo.. all the mocs are fakes.. repro's..

fake notices..

all the peg holes from all the mocs are Exactly the same size and in the same place.. this is NOT the case with real mocs

different country mocs have different size peg holes, NOT in the same place and size

also, ALL the bubbles are exactly the same size and fitted.. NOT the case with real figures..

again.. different country bubbles are have more plastic above the head of the figures and these on auction are all the same

also.. Webstor was NEVER made in hong kong.. just taiwan and malaysia (well i'm 99% sure of it )

Both skeletor's on auction.. say made in Hong kong.. True.. but the real skeletors from hong kong have different color shape faces (like the china country ones) and darker colors to face and body and armor

also.. ALL the card backs on auctions are exactly the same thickness, NOT the case with different country mocs.. some are thinner or thicker than others

they look good, but your getting repro mocs.. if you like them, well thats your call to buy

also.. imo, the seller KNOWS he is scamming (or will be) the buyers.. its a shame cause many buyers dont know the differences from real and fake mocs

also noticed in the back of both mer-mans.. Zodac is pictured, but its says Faker, evil robot of skele.. that could be a real factory error.. who knows.. funny though
    Last edited by carlo; September 28, 2012 at 08:14pm.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Reguardless if he accepts returns or not, doesn't matter. eBay has the upper hand, all you need to do is flie a simple claim of item not recieved as described. Your money will be returned once you provide a tracking #.

He can't hold "No Returns" over anyones head.
    some of his auctions, and past auctions are also shady. Sometimes you REALLY need to pay attention to what he descibes in the listing title. He will show a Panthor, But be selling the Panthor Saddle STRAP alone... Hes shady, and knows fully of whats going on.

Court Magician
    I would not point out to the seller why his figures are fake...for then he can go back and make corrections on his reproduction cards and make it more convincing. These figures are fake as **** and the cardbacks on most fakes ive seen seem to come from the same source. The cardbacks are not sharp (except for the print) and the thickness of the cards and textures are weird. This dude knows damn well hes selling fakes..hes just trying to cover his ass. Its a shame that He-man bids are going for over $200 now.

- - - Updated - - -

the dude claims to not be an expert and not be sure of what he has..but yet he seems to have a nice Motu display sign..seems like he sells these often.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    also.. Webstor was NEVER made in hong kong.. just taiwan and malaysia (well i'm 99% sure of it )
    I think that there is Webstor Hong Kong, mostly no country marks on the figure (I have loose one marked only "Mattel Inc" on both head and body). The head is smaller and from harder rubber than in Taiwan figure, but it is still soft rubber head.
    Carlo, do you have Webstor with blue gun? From which country is it?
    http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/EvilWarriors/WUSNBG.jpg

Court Magician
    He-man is over $400 now...thats just wrong...I hope the bidder knows.

also noticed in the back of both mer-mans.. Zodac is pictured, but its says Faker, evil robot of skele.. that could be a real factory error.. who knows.. funny though[/QUOTE]

Good catch! I have never seen that before either.

Heres another gem. Complete he-man... well, Not really, hes got Zodacs arm.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-100...ht_1058wt_1399

100% Complete Orko! Yes, With NO coins!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-100...#ht_892wt_1399

100% Complete Snout Spout w/ weapons pack axe, Yes!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-100...#ht_975wt_1399

.......and another, 100% Complete Two-Bad w/ weapons... But its missing the handle.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-100...#ht_975wt_1399

FRAUD,100% shady. This is insane now.
    Last edited by joeybones; September 29, 2012 at 06:51pm.