Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay MOC Figures. Real or fake?

By the power of Grayskull kbob25's Avatar
    Wow. $481 for Trap-Jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by kbob25 View Post
    Wow. $481 for Trap-Jaw.
    It's a real shame the prices ended up so high. I can understand people who don't know any better but after reading the 2 updated descriptions, you'd think most people would be wary and stay away.

$3262.64 in total sales of junk.
    Last edited by Man-E-Toys; September 29, 2012 at 07:45pm.

Court Magician
    I got the evil lyn for 35$
    I dont think its junk, pretty good deal IMO

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Gotta love these kinds of dirtbags. Reminds me of years ago when I was first getting into MOC MOTU. I got a resealed Man-E-Faces and didn't realize it til way after the auction. At the time, I didn't even know people were doing that. Hopefully the people who bought these will realize its a scam in time enough to get their money back. A He-Man with a Tri-Klops arm?! ...the hell?!

Nondescript Cannon Fodder Snoutful's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by affleck13 View Post
    Agreed, that's a great price for her but, as the Man-E () said, that was the only legit-appearing MOC in the lot.

I'm sure others will be doing the same, but I plan on looking to seller's feedback posts within the next 1-2 weeks to see what the reax are.
    I was going to share!

Quote Originally Posted by affleck13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoutful View Post
    Agreed, that's a great price for her but, as the Man-E () said, that was the only legit-appearing MOC in the lot.

I'm sure others will be doing the same, but I plan on looking to seller's feedback posts within the next 1-2 weeks to see what the reax are.
    Yes $35 for Evil-Lyn wasn't bad as she was the only real MOC.

Good deal for you.

But, You should have passed. You are now supporting a Hack.

master of hiphop
    yep it's a shame...

i got burned years ago.. i bought a Saurod and noticed after the fact it was resealed and the funny part was he was holding his gun in his hand oohhhh i was a noob..

but yeah it's hurts to see fellow collectors get burned.. but i think it's only going to keep going down the line.. i'm sure once someone notices they have fakes and can't get their money back .. they may do like this guy.. toss it on a website and sell it again to a new collector that isn't aware... it's really Sad
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    I think that there is Webstor Hong Kong, mostly no country marks on the figure (I have loose one marked only "Mattel Inc" on both head and body). The head is smaller and from harder rubber than in Taiwan figure, but it is still soft rubber head.
    Carlo, do you have Webstor with blue gun? From which country is it?
    http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/EvilWarriors/WUSNBG.jpg
    hey buddy.. webstor's body is skeletor's bod and also has no markings on it.. just mattel inc. sooo.. webstor's from taiwan has no markings.. i have yet to see a webstor moc card opened from malaysia and see if any marking's on on those.. but i doubt it.

the blue gun webstor is from taiwan

ps.. its a real shame those figure went that high.. aren't those bidders here on the org or at least read this blog / site?

also, noticed the winner of stratos, tri-clops and trap-jaw is the same bidder with A LOT of feeback.. uh,. shouldn't this person know right from wrong.. well mocs that is?
    Last edited by carlo; October 1, 2012 at 01:47pm.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    The seller replied and said he had good feedback here on the org, and implied that he does business here often. The link he provided was, however, just a general link to the homepage.

His comment was: "I am validated in my trade history here on ebay and hundreds of other transactions on amazon and He-Man.org."

I was being rathe polite in my late communication with him, but I think at that point he was just pasting the same ol' answers he was giving everybody. Never did I actually say he was a bad seller, only that he was selling fakes. But again, he must have had tons of incoming complaints and responded with the same thing every time.

I was hoping somebody would bid on these, win, and just not pay. Kind of stick it to him for being a d0uche. But I guess the possible hit to feedback wouldn't be worth it.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    hey buddy.. webstor's body is skeletor's bod and also has no markings on it.. just mattel inc. sooo.. webstor's from taiwan has no markings.. i have yet to see a webstor moc card opened from malaysia and see if any marking's on on those.. but i doubt it.

the blue gun webstor is from taiwan
    Hey Carlo,
    All Taiwan figures are marked Taiwan, unlike Hong Kong figures...Skeletor Hong Kong (hard head Skeletor) has no markings of the country on the body, but mostly it has on harness. Taiwan Skeletor (soft head Skeletor) besides marking on the body always has all acessories marked Taiwan. Webstor from Taiwan is also marked and it has bigger and softer head than any other Webstor variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    The seller replied and said he had good feedback here on the org, and implied that he does business here often. The link he provided was, however, just a general link to the homepage.

His comment was: "I am validated in my trade history here on ebay and hundreds of other transactions on amazon and He-Man.org."

I was being rathe polite in my late communication with him, but I think at that point he was just pasting the same ol' answers he was giving everybody. Never did I actually say he was a bad seller, only that he was selling fakes. But again, he must have had tons of incoming complaints and responded with the same thing every time.

I was hoping somebody would bid on these, win, and just not pay. Kind of stick it to him for being a d0uche. But I guess the possible hit to feedback wouldn't be worth it.
    I think I remember this person used to be on the org with the same or similar username (I may have bought a loose Scareglow from them is the reason I remember). I just checked and there isn't any similar name registered. Did he/she tell you what their org name was? I am interested to see why they haven't come in this thread to defend themselves if they truly believe there was a chance that these are legit.
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    Hey Carlo,
    All Taiwan figures are marked Taiwan, unlike Hong Kong figures...Skeletor Hong Kong (hard head Skeletor) has no markings of the country on the body, but mostly it has on harness. Taiwan Skeletor (soft head Skeletor) besides marking on the body always has all acessories marked Taiwan. Webstor from Taiwan is also marked and it has bigger and softer head than any other Webstor variant.
    wha wha wha... you know more variant info than me? do you know who i am? haven't you hear of me? my track record? my awesomeness?

just kidding.. true, on your info. but that still does not say a webstor is made in hong kong.

in all my 100 yrs , of collecting have i ever seen a hong kong webstor on card.. only from this fake seller.

so prove me wrong

i like suprises

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beastor View Post
    Did he/she tell you what their org name was? I am interested to see why they haven't come in this thread to defend themselves if they truly believe there was a chance that these are legit.
    yep yep.. i agree
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

No, he didn't mention anything beyond that.

Here's his reply (note, I was only telling him the cards were fake, so this seems to be a more generic reply, as I wasn't attacking him, and definitely not on a character level. Maybe he misunderstood though):

I am doing the right thing here!!! And still you guys keep assuming and saying these far off things about me? I have to defend myself against false assumptions and rude accusations against my character and my intent. FACT IS: YOU GUYS DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT. I'm all grown up (Mommy said ,i am a big boy now) I got my life to live beyond your thoughts and rude theories It cost me money to list these items. And as you may know? If i cancel them i dont get that back. So ,Relisting them would just be a foolish act to please rude NAH ,SAYERS at my cost??? And that is the lesser of the matter. But,certainly a factor to me living my own life with out others telling me how to do it.

Now that has been said. I have no problem and no arguement about any judgement about these figures or these cards(chop away). And i have no claim to real or not real not my field of expertise. But,What i dont understand is the humor or the negativity to who i am as a person and or a seller. I am validated in my trade history here on ebay and hundreds of other transactions on amazon and He-Man.org. I will not act to please any of the people poking and judging my person. You are all wrong about me. And your made up stories of how i got these and what my intentions are??? Why are you guys making stuff up??? You are all wrong. And all of your actions and assumptions are just like those of a childish bully. Get over it. Stop crying. Get on with your lives... There is so much more to it live ,Love and Laugh. These items are up for sale (As are many items of question on ebay) Lets see if it gets through any of your heads? (Because i have said it and posted,and patched it,and linked it,And pasted it over everything and everywhere.) All of the listings in question have been updated to notify the interested parties. Bidders (Including current high bidders) understand what these may or may not be. And,they knowingly still want them. I am offering these just like anything else.

hasta la vista
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

So it looks like the first buyer is from Germany. They left positive feedback for multiple "MOC" figures so at least they are happy with what they got. I hope the message the seller says they sent to all bidders didn't get lost in translation
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

Smells fishy. So the buyer from Germany bought 6 items from the seller. Let's say the buyer paid for everything right away. The items did end on a Saturday afternoon September 29th. The buyer has the items in hand (in GERMANY) 5 days later?????

Seller dropped off package, package flown over an ocean, package arrived in Germany, package passes in and out of customs and magically delivered to the buyers house on October 4th.........5 days??????
    ----------------------------------------------
    MY Collection: (some of it)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=14643

Quote Originally Posted by rougewelder View Post
    Smells fishy. So the buyer from Germany bought 6 items from the seller. Let's say the buyer paid for everything right away. The items did end on a Saturday afternoon September 29th. The buyer has the items in hand (in GERMANY) 5 days later?????

Seller dropped off package, package flown over an ocean, package arrived in Germany, package passes in and out of customs and magically delivered to the buyers house on October 4th.........5 days??????

my exact first throught, when I saw germany.

This guy is still kicking around for some reason. Again, I can only assume he's pasting this out to everybody, as I didn't actually contact a seller on the issue. That or he made a wrong assumption. He should have just listened. Hopefully he got burned bad and learns a lesson.

"Dear highestcarrot,

My buyers have notified me and i have notified EBAY of your actions. I have sent emails to my buyers to forward any and all contact from you so i can forward your emails to ebay customer support again. I have been sent copies of your email efforts to insight my customers to ask for refunds. I have forwarded them to EBAY resolution and called and spoke to them about your actions. All future contact will be forwarded as well. Your actions are under review for "coercion" by a ebay resolution representative for trying to change or modifiy a completed legal binding contract. You are not part of my life or business transactions and any and all methods used by you and your HE-MAN.ORG members against me are in legal violation of EBAY and most State,National and International laws. I consider you and your assemblies actions interference to the finacial stability and security of my business and life. Any and all actions or efforts on your part will be recorded and processed for action againt you"

I of course responded to him. It's long, so sorry about that:

"Hey,

Sounds like you might have gotten stung from selling fake cards. People only tried to warn you, so... please, blame yourself. We did indeed discuss your reproduction cards on He-Man.org. Were we're free to do so. I personally didn't contact your customers, but if they're responsible buyers and did the proper research (which they didn't, or they wouldn't have bought the items), and happened to find the forum, then good for them for trying to protect themselves.

You should look at it this way: People warning you that you're selling fakes is of great benefit to you. It's easily proven with the pictures you provided that the cards are not legitimate vintage cards. There're no questions to a collector or even somebody that does light research. You seem to have been legit in your feedback, so it didn't start as a personal attach, although it did seem as if you were attacking people for asking about it.

If you think it's wrong for people to look out for fakes and fraud on eBay then I don't think you grasp the nature of the venue. You're not allowed to toss up whatever you want and claim ignorance only to refuse refund on the items, especially when you were told they were fake from multiple people who are experts in the field.

My suggestion as a buyer, a collector, and a seller: next time you have something you ~think~ is valuable, get it checked out if you really don't actually know. If you'd have AFAed these items and they were legit, they'd have (generally speaking) sold for twice their ungraded value. So it's a win/win for both the buyer and seller to have that added confidence.

You mentioned you had an account on the forum. That indicates you probably know better, but still didn't respond appropriately. If you've seen the forum, then you know how it operates, and it should had came as no surprise. You also didn't respond in the forum after acknowledging the thread. You probably should have. It would have helped your case.

Learn from your mistakes."

I can only assume he's pasting this out to everybody, as I didn't actually contact a seller on the issue.
    This assumption is correct. I received the exact same email and I never contacted him/her or any of his/her buyers!

master of hiphop
    This guy is still kicking around for some reason. Again, I can only assume he's pasting this out to everybody, as I didn't actually contact a seller on the issue. That or he made a wrong assumption. He should have just listened. Hopefully he got burned bad and learns a lesson.

"Dear highestcarrot,

My buyers have notified me and i have notified EBAY of your actions. I have sent emails to my buyers to forward any and all contact from you so i can forward your emails to ebay customer support again. I have been sent copies of your email efforts to insight my customers to ask for refunds. I have forwarded them to EBAY resolution and called and spoke to them about your actions. All future contact will be forwarded as well. Your actions are under review for "coercion" by a ebay resolution representative for trying to change or modifiy a completed legal binding contract. You are not part of my life or business transactions and any and all methods used by you and your HE-MAN.ORG members against me are in legal violation of EBAY and most State,National and International laws. I consider you and your assemblies actions interference to the finacial stability and security of my business and life. Any and all actions or efforts on your part will be recorded and processed for action againt you"

I of course responded to him. It's long, so sorry about that:

"Hey,

Sounds like you might have gotten stung from selling fake cards. People only tried to warn you, so... please, blame yourself. We did indeed discuss your reproduction cards on He-Man.org. Were we're free to do so. I personally didn't contact your customers, but if they're responsible buyers and did the proper research (which they didn't, or they wouldn't have bought the items), and happened to find the forum, then good for them for trying to protect themselves.

You should look at it this way: People warning you that you're selling fakes is of great benefit to you. It's easily proven with the pictures you provided that the cards are not legitimate vintage cards. There're no questions to a collector or even somebody that does light research. You seem to have been legit in your feedback, so it didn't start as a personal attach, although it did seem as if you were attacking people for asking about it.

If you think it's wrong for people to look out for fakes and fraud on eBay then I don't think you grasp the nature of the venue. You're not allowed to toss up whatever you want and claim ignorance only to refuse refund on the items, especially when you were told they were fake from multiple people who are experts in the field.

My suggestion as a buyer, a collector, and a seller: next time you have something you ~think~ is valuable, get it checked out if you really don't actually know. If you'd have AFAed these items and they were legit, they'd have (generally speaking) sold for twice their ungraded value. So it's a win/win for both the buyer and seller to have that added confidence.

You mentioned you had an account on the forum. That indicates you probably know better, but still didn't respond appropriately. If you've seen the forum, then you know how it operates, and it should had came as no surprise. You also didn't respond in the forum after acknowledging the thread. You probably should have. It would have helped your case.

Learn from your mistakes."
    Good on you bro... we as collectors need to protect one another and hope that a bit of trust can go a long way.

I'm sick of people wanting to get rich off of a vintage toy line. I understand wanting to sell an item and get maximum funds from it.. but man... at least do some research on the item your selling before pawing it off on someone unsuspecting.

If he has seen this post and is a memeber.. he knows exactly what he's doing.
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

By the power of Grayskull kbob25's Avatar
    Now he is re-selling some of them as 'custom' cards. People tried to warn this person. Here is a link to one of them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTU-complet...item43b4d2d93b

I thought he said no refunds?

I was the one who first contacted him about the cards being reproductions, but we only talked a bit during the auctions. I never got any recent messages from him.

It looks like he must have sent this to everyone who contacted him, i got the same message.

Dear atlas0413,

My buyers have notified me and i have notified EBAY of your actions. I have sent emails to my buyers to forward any and all contact from you so i can forward your emails to ebay customer support again. I have been sent copies of your email efforts to insight my customers to ask for refunds. I have forwarded them to EBAY resolution and called and spoke them about your actions. All future contact will be forwarded as well. Your actions are under review for "coercion" by a ebay resolution representative for trying to change or modifiy a completed legal binding contract. You are not part of my life or business transactions and any and all methods used by you and your HE-MAN.ORG members are in legal violation of EBAY and most State ,National and International laws. I consider you and your assemblies actions interference to the finacial stability and security of my business and life. Any and all actions or efforts on your part will be recorded and processed for action againt you.

- faeriesland-com

Yeah,

The auction has a better listing now for sure. He seems to be moving on and doing the right thing at this point, which is good.

I would suggest he reach out to somebody the next time he finds some mocs. Get them verified and not let this incident go without some lessons learned.

What I would suggest to anybody getting interested in buying carded figures, is to go ahead and buy some cheaper figures (like Mantenna, Webstor, Leech, or whatever) from a reputable place like Toys and Toons (or again, wherever), just so they'll know what they're looking for. Buy ones that are in the condition you plan on collecting in, too. I would get a C9. If you get a beat card with surface damage, that's not particularly helpful in spotting mint cards. It's a little more expensive to go to a source like that, but for starting up, and staying with the common figures, it's a great way to step into the hobby.

Reseals and even lifting take time to understand and even more to spot in auction photos. So, while unfortunate, it's understandable that people get taken by scams, or even reproduction ~art~ inadvertently put into circulation. This guy could have been scammed himself, and now he knows better.

I would say great job to the org members for getting involved.

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar
    So was this fake forced to refund people?