View Poll Results: why did you not preorder castle grayskull?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • cost of Castle Greyskull is too high

19 26.76%
  • cost of shipping to me is too high

6 8.45%
  • cost is not an issue. but value for $$$ is not enough

14 19.72%
  • im giving up on MOTUC

8 11.27%
  • other please explain

24 33.80%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why are you not preordering MOTC Grayskull?

why are you not preordering MOTC Grayskull?

title says it all. lets see what you have to say. is it too much money? are they just not giving us $250 in value? what is your reason for not preordering?
    Last edited by Angry-Calligar; October 30, 2012 at 01:04am.

bad timing for me, too expensive to commit based off a drawing, not enough space, non-supportive spouse, and no need for a playset in my collection as I don't play with them. Sorry, I know there are a lot of you that really want one but I just don't.

Personally, I'm a MOC collector with this line. Like the Wind Raider before it, all that Castle Grayskull would be to me is a picture on a box.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Heroic Warrior
    Other.

The cost is too high. The shipping is too high. And the Castle is too large. IF they had gone with some kind of diorama which was the front facade of the Castle or even just the door, then I would have been tempted. But it's just too huge and too costly for me.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm beginning to think MOC collecting is a form of sadomasochism.

Very bad timing I have 3 kids and we are way to close to Christmas. Really wish I could.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Other - lack of consumer confidence in the product.

I have confidence in the 4H design, I have confidence in Scott to do what he can to get as much added as possible, I do not have confidence in Mattel development and the vendors. The latter 2 hold the most influence in the finshed product.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Court Magician
    I simply don't have space for it. Otherwise it's awesome!

Heroic Warrior
    It's not worth the $$$...

Asthetics....it does not look like the ultimate grayskull. While I like the added features from the prototype castle I was hooing to see more of a classic toy box art/ Filmation influance, perticularly around the big canine teeth. Larger snap on teeth could be a great way to draw in the Filmation fans currently sitting on the fence! For the price being charged two snap on teeth should be very achieveable. This could make Filmation fans feel the iconic design they love is being represented in the MOTUC CG design......basically giving vintage and Filmation fans the best of both worlds!
    Last edited by Angel-T; October 30, 2012 at 03:51pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I do not know next year at this time if I can afford the $300 with my wife & kid, and other bills, plus the 2013 sub....which is already allotted for....plus any out of sub figures....if I think I can sell enough of my unwanted 2013 figures to compensate, I will, but I would have to wait closer to the Jan PO end date.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by mellowfellow View Post
    Very bad timing I have 3 kids and we are way to close to Christmas. Really wish I could.
    you didnt bother reading that NOONE has gotten anything but a $0 charge up front did you?

You will have a year to save for it.
    You wont be charged anything till till NEXT year this time... so again.. you will have a year to save for it.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I do not know next year at this time if I can afford the $300 with my wife & kid, and other bills, plus the 2013 sub....which is already allotted for....plus any out of sub figures....if I think I can sell enough of my unwanted 2013 figures to compensate, I will, but I would have to wait closer to the Jan PO end date.
    ...again.... you will have a year to save for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I do not have a year to save, I have a wife, a kid, bills, gas (I drive an hour to work) and a preset collection budget....how hard is that to understand, a $300 toy is not something I plan for financially....glad you know what's in my wallet.

It will likely not come out until November, or December, and that is Christmas, and with a MOTUC sub, other lines I do collect, and my families Holidays to think of....sorry if a plastic castle for my plastic men is not a priority.

Just because you have a year until it's release or that I will get billed, doesn't mean I will have the money then either....I don't understand how no one can get this fact, not everyone has expendable cash, even $25 extra a month to just save up for a toy....It's a toy....sorry, the real world comes first....

If I can sell off my unwanted 2013 figures, I can get a lot of the money....and there will be a lot of unwanted money, and if you read, I said I'd likely have to wait until the PO deadline in Jan....sorry, I can't commit to something that is a year away just this particular moment in time....if I can at all.

Now when I say finacially I don't know if I can get the money together....then that is it, I don't care how much time there is....I don't want to hear it, toys are just not that important....I bought a sub to try to help the line, but honestly, I don't owe anything to this line or Mattel....I buy what I can buy, I allot for that, and that is it, end of story.

And I am already going to spending money every month in 2013, regardless if I seel some off or not, some may not sell, and then I have over $30 wasted....it's not easy for everyone to find extra cash outside a budget. I have my MOTUC budget, and to be honest without selling off the unwanted 2013 figures....Castle Grayskull is not in it.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; October 30, 2012 at 10:26pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    you didnt bother reading that NOONE has gotten anything but a $0 charge up front did you?

You will have a year to save for it.
    You wont be charged anything till till NEXT year this time... so again.. you will have a year to save for it.

If you have an average budget each month, 300$ are a lot of money. And you don`t know, if you need this money for your car or some things for your house or kids next fall...

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Other - lack of consumer confidence in the product.

I have confidence in the 4H design, I have confidence in Scott to do what he can to get as much added as possible, I do not have confidence in Mattel development and the vendors. The latter 2 hold the most influence in the finshed product.
    I'm on the fence as well because of this. Very little to zero trust in Mattel's design and development departments. If they can mess up a $20 figure with poor decision and cost cutting measures (blastic, poor color choices, reversed limbs, etc.) I can only imagine what product they'll actually produce with CG in the end. I know the 4H will make an amazing sculpt but it may tarnished once Mattel gets their clumsy hands on it. To me it comes down to a trust issue, an expensive one.

That being said, I may still pre-order before the deadline hits, lets see if new info is released on it.
    Last edited by Count Judas; October 31, 2012 at 01:10am.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Not seeing $250 in value about sums up my feelings about this play set.

I voted other.
    For me it is the price plus the shipping plus customs. Unfortunately customs are 50% of the total in my country. That is way too high.

I voted other because DR is a big big big problem. they even seem to be laughing, at you silently because your a toy collector. when you talk to them, and that bothered me. im a 2013 sub holder and if they can not change my credit card informaition. I wont even be thinking of Grayskull even tho I do want one. I would sugest to Mattell to get there act together fast and put up that my subsciption page. or this just might be the make it or break year for MOTUC. and I would sorely hate to see that happen.

Castle Grayskull is great and i truly wish it gets made but i know i will not buy it for a lot of different reasons:

Iīm unemployed right now, so iīm glad i found a way to pay for the sub and some out of the sub stuff.

Plus i simply donīt have the space and i collect mostly MOC.
    Last edited by Niki; October 31, 2012 at 12:43pm.

I voted Other, because as some of you may be aware, I had an issue with my package last month (where some DR reps were saying that they DO NOT ship to Puerto Rico, while other DR Reps told me they do.) I am still currently waiting on my Frosta, Rattlor, WP#3 order. I am uncertain if it will arrive or not since according to Newgistics it left Jacksonville on the 24th... and today's the 31st.
    IF Frosta, Rattlor, WP#3 arrive BEFORE the 10th then, I may preorder one.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I plan on putting in my pre-order but I am waiting till I get paid on the 3rd to do so.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Quote Originally Posted by vadersfist View Post
    I plan on putting in my pre-order but I am waiting till I get paid on the 3rd to do so.
    You won't be charged anyway before castle grayskull is released so you can preorder right now.

It costs to much with P&P as well as customs charges in the UK. I don't have space to display it so I would only be getting it out now and then to look at and photograph which would be fun but I don't think the amount of time I'd actually use it is worth the cost. If it were a Filmation design I would snap it up like a shot. If they ever release a Filmation Snake Mountain I will get it without doubt.

Heroic Warrior
    1) I don't want to use Matty's crappy website and disservices

2) I don't want to buy a $ 250 item based only on vague statements and on a poor and empty foam rendition of Castle Grayskull

3) Expensive shipping costs, and STILL no international distribution centers

I quit MOTUC after Spikor for many many many reasons. But the two most important are:

1. I have no confidence in Mattel and I do not like paying thousands of dollars to a company that lies to me, to my face.
    2. I never subbed, but I bought about 90% of the figures released. And while I can afford it, MOTUC is a large part of my discretionary income. With all the QC issues and TG saying figures won't be available day of next year, I decided I had better use of my money.

It was a sad decision to quit the line, and I waffled for about 6 months before finally quitting for good. I will be sad that I don't have Grayskull whenever I see one or come to this site, but that's honestly 1% of my life. The vast majority of my life I'm fine not having these figures. It's sort of a compulsion for me.