Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: After Power Con!-Post photo's of experiences and Loot here

After Power Con!-Post photo's of experiences and Loot here

I thought I would start a thread where everyone could post their after convention photo's with the actors, cosplay characters and all the loot they obtained!

Hope to see everyone's experiences!

Now off to Power con Day 2
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

My wife and I had a great experience at Power-Con. We met some great people, including Swifty (really nice guy), Danielle and her husband (also a great guy), Pixel-Dan and his wife, Val, and Emiliano. Plus, we picked up a few goodies:

Myself:
    2x TOD Sorceress
    2x Secret Accessories - Keldor Swords
    1x Spy-Monkey accessory pack
    1x Spy-Monkey close combat set (great set for $5)

Wife:
    1x TOD Sorceress
    1x Signed Skeletor print (a beautiful image of Skeletor on his throne - landscape)

Would definately return if the con make's it way back to California. Unfortunately, we didn't take many pics as my phone died while taking photos at the Mattel booth, but I'll upload what I have later on tonight.

Photo of Haul:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jaybee76; September 23, 2012 at 09:39pm. Reason: Photo Added

Here's mine.

- Bunch of Spy Monkey stuff, love those guys.

- James Eatock's unofficial Filmation He-Man guide.

- Secret Accessory

- TOD Sorceress

-Diorama backdrop poster

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    Great haul SCB! So White Power Ranger Sorceress comes with the orb also? Really wishing I could be there for the Spymonkey team. Is that a first printing of the cartoon guide or are they already making more (I preordered one)

1. Orb not included.

2. It's actually a reprint of the cartoon guide. It's the same one you'll get in the mail.

Had a blast at Power Con / Thunder Con again this year, thanks again to everyone involved!

I wanted to get a full size print of this year's con program cover from Mr. Obrero, but had to leave early Saturday when a friend got ill. Beautiful artwork!

A few quick pics of the excellent prints received at registration and my ToD Sorceresseseses (apologies for the quality)

Scott was handing out Keldor swords and ToD Sorceresseses at the Mattel booth and signed my Mighty Spector - thanks TG!

Mo-Larr sitting behind me at the Matty panel.

My second favorite moment of the Matty panel (after the Castle Grayskull project reveal of course)!

Cool. I'm digging Scott's "Lt Spector" shirt.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Me too!
    Thatīs actually the Grayskull Con Staff-Shirt, I never made the connection when giving it to Scott that it can also double as a Lt. Spector shirt
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

There were some great cosplayers this year (especially the ladies and the little ones), wish I'd snapped more pics. I didn't score as much loot as last year and had planned to get some Zoloworld cases, Outer Space Men from the 4H, some stuff signed by the She-Ra crew, William George, Gary Goddard & Meg Foster (who was super nice), but again had to duck out early. I did manage to get a nifty Thundercats poster I brought signed by the kind and funny Larry Kenney, Lynne Lipton, Peter Newman & Gerianne Raphael.

Man, what a Power Con! Met a lot of really cool people-Fellow Orgers and Creators/Actors! Still processing all the loot! Didn't realize how much stuff I got until I got home and put it all together for a photograph.

The Best is the Two-up one of a kind Buzz Off bust from the 4-Horseman and the Signed Newspaper Strip Storyline Ninjor Strikes by Chris Webor. Also love the Power Tour Memorabilia and Jack and Leslie's signatures!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jmb410s; September 24, 2012 at 05:48am.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:

Awesome pictures you all!

And jmb410s: I'm positively envious of all the loot you have. Lots of cool stuff there!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Warrior
    There's probably no-one selling their secret accessory right? Guess I have to wait for the weapons pack. (and I know it's not the same swords)
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    There's probably no-one selling their secret accessory right? Guess I have to wait for the weapons pack. (and I know it's not the same swords)
    I might sell one of mine, but that will be I the marketplace when I get back from California next month.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

I ended up with less Masters stuff then I thought this year...

"A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobber View Post
    http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx357/JoBBeR_01/100_1349_zps31eb8622.jpg
    They were handing out prescription drugs at Powercon?! Another one of my theories of MOTU fans is proven right!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Here are some of photos from Power Con 2012

The "slave" has met his master. Me and the amazing Meg Foster, aka Evil-Lyn

Photobucket

Several of us, including BCRDUKE, Jon-O, and Adam Prince of Eternia gave Meg a BG Evil-Lyn. We all signed the white mailer box as her loyal fans.

Photobucket

Group shot with Meg.

Photobucket
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I really love that first shot with Meg - she looks so sneaky and delightful!

Now who is going to be awesome and tell me more about that print of She-Ra transforming in front of the Crystal Castle?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Now who is going to be awesome and tell me more about that print of She-Ra transforming in front of the Crystal Castle?
    The She-Ra print was one of three choices (the others being He-Man & Lion-O) for a free print given to those who pre-registered for the con online. 1-day advance ticket purchase received one free print; 2-day advance ticket purchase received two free prints. Axel Gimenez penciled all three, Diana Egea inked them and Tony Wahington colored them. Washington was inside the con signing prints.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I really love that first shot with Meg - she looks so sneaky and delightful!

DB your inbox is full. I have a PM to send you.
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

Hopefully Meg will come to the Powercon in NY next year, as well as Anthony & some of these other great guests!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Loved the show, but did find one thing several shades of ironic. No less than three formerly profiled 'Collection Intervention' iterviewees were at the show, either walking around or running a booth! Sean Long, Daveed the insane Transformers collector and all around Toy Hell site webmaster, and the guy who is crazy into robots (whose name I can't currently recall). I got to have decent conversations with at least two of them and found them both to be genial and cool guys. Much to my chagrin as I actually like the show, I found out a good portion of it is completely rigged, and also determined that regardless of whether America thinks you're a toy hoarder, if you enjoy your hobby and aren't hurting anyone while doing it, to hell with Collection Intervention!!! They used bait and switch to lure these guys in, pretended to have them sell off portions of their collection, and are just downright despicable in some cases. Really shone a light on how crappy some of these programs are to normal people like Daveed, Sean, et. al.

Anyway, as for PowerCon itself I loved it and am thankful I made the last minute decision to go!
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Evil Apologist of MattelŪ Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Several of us, including BCRDUKE, Jon-O, and Adam Prince of Eternia gave Meg a BG Evil-Lyn. We all signed the white mailer box as her loyal fans.
    THAT is soooo awesome. I always love seeing someone who has played such a character get presented with a figure of their character. Great stuff!
    -=ĪEvilCøuntMarzøĪ=-
    BLÅĮK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Hopefully Meg will come to the Powercon in NY next year, as well as Anthony & some of these other great guests!
    PowerCon.... coming to my backyard next year????? YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SS!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Great to see photos of you guys and Meg Foster, seems like everyone had great time, the actress included!

Whoever this guy was at power con, this picture is Hilarious!

DSC07384.jpgDSC07383.jpg