Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: After Power Con!-Post photo's of experiences and Loot here

Here we go!

Me and my wife Desiree with She-Ra and BA Skeletor (aka Jenny and Larry)

Me doin some shopping

Des with Brad2dbone and his adorable kids

Me and Phill (Wun2 III)

The cutest kids ever!

Drunken me sporting She-Ra's blonde locks

This has got to be my favorite pic. From L-R: Sherwynn (Pimps Adam) and his wife Crystal, Tim (Swift Wind), Des, yours truly, and Jose (KUZEH).

Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Awesome pictures all! Love the pics with Evil-Lynn. She truly did not disappoint. Some great costumes this year too! Everyone at work always asks about the costumes! LOL.

I tried to take pics on my iPhone but that was a nightmare, frankly, so forgive their terrible quality. So not much in the way of pics, but I'll post a few.

I had an amazing time. It was so great to see the people I met last year again (and actually have some time to hang out with them) and meet a load of new people too. I actually went to fewer panels this year than last, because I wanted a little more chill time to hang out and and browse. But there were so many great panels to choose from, I did regret skipping a few to be sure. I thought the programming overall was really great.

Of the panels I did go to, my two favorite were probably the Anthony Delongis weapons demo (and it's sequel on the con floor) and the Power Tour. The stories from the tour were great, and it was really moving at points too.
    heman_shera.jpg

I wish I'd gone to the New Adventures panel, but I kind of wanted to get in and go for a few limited items on the sale floor. I know packed schedules make it difficult, but it might be nice to have a panel-free first hour.

Seeing (and getting to hold!) the original protos for Eldor and a cast of the original He-man sculpt was cool. I got to see the proto for Darius, Rokkon, an early run of Tytus and a few other items, which were very cool for a guy like me who really doesn't have the money to buy that sort of thing.
    hemanprotosculpt.jpg

I didn't buy a ton, but I loved everything I got. I got the Dave Wilkins prints (1 of 100 for both, that was the first place I went) and James Eatock's Cartoon Guide. I bought a TON of the Spy Monkey Weaponeers of Monkaa. And I still want more.

I, of course, won the He-man body pillow. He will sit proudly in my bedroom, I guess. What does one do with a body pillow with He-man on it?!?!
    power_pillow.jpg

Finally, I was lucky enough to win (after sadly losing out on Bearshow's awesome art) Joe Amato's awesome custom of the Manta Rider and the Manta Raider. I took a few pics to share. I will definitely treasure it as a part of my collection.
    mantarider.jpg
    mantarider2.jpg

Can't wait until next year! I am definitely staying the night on Sunday though, next year. Heading back that night meant I was robbed of some hanging out time, and I met some people right at the last minute! But I can't wait to see everyone again.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPAYNE View Post
    Drunken me sporting She-Ra's blonde locks

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...24260725_n.jpg
    Sssssssuuuuuuurrrrrreeee, Doc P. Blame it on the alcohol. But you sure do look alot like Stunning Steve Austin in that thing.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    The Best is the Two-up one of a kind Buzz Off bust from the 4-Horseman and the Signed Newspaper Strip Storyline Ninjor Strikes by Chris Webor. Also love the Power Tour Memorabilia and Jack and Leslie's signatures!
    Very very nice, looks like what they made intended for the 4th Micro-Bust Wave that never saw light of day.

Would be rad to see some more pics of ol' Buzzy, especially with some of the other NECA busts if you've got 'em!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Finally, I was lucky enough to win (after sadly losing out on Bearshow's awesome art) Joe Amato's awesome custom of the Manta Rider and the Manta Raider. I took a few pics to share. I will definitely treasure it as a part of my collection.
    mantarider.jpg
    mantarider2.jpg
    Nice. VERY nice. Congrats - I hope you give us a review of this awesome looking piece!

This is my Power Con haul

Photobucket
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    This is my Power Con haul
    Awesome Horde print! Didn't see those, is that one of Emiliano's?

So here's some photos!

Rudy Obrero and his beautiful wife001.jpg

Eldor prototype! only 2 that exist008.jpg

Quakke clay model027.jpg

Picture of the early Titus028.jpg

MasterEnglish custom Biddor!030.jpg

Nice Quake pic! That's a better look than I got in real life and I was standing right next to you! LOL.
    I would love to see the 4H tackle him. The proto really shows off how nice the sculpt is. Some really cool details that get a bit lost on the actual figure.

Quote Originally Posted by I, Harbinger View Post
    Awesome Horde print! Didn't see those, is that one of Emiliano's?
    Yes this is one of Emiliano's new Filmation prints.
    He also had a Great Rebellion one but was sold out because I forgot to pre-order it.
    But I love this Horde print, it has all the great Filmation characters.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Nice Quake pic! That's a better look than I got in real life and I was standing right next to you! LOL.
    I would love to see the 4H tackle him. The proto really shows off how nice the sculpt is. Some really cool details that get a bit lost on the actual figure.

I really liked that quakke proto ..wonder how much Ed would have taken? No connection with NA but if the actual figures were bulkier like this guy I might have collected them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Very very nice, looks like what they made intended for the 4th Micro-Bust Wave that never saw light of day.

Would be rad to see some more pics of ol' Buzzy, especially with some of the other NECA busts if you've got 'em!!!
    I will post some tomorrow!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I was busy running my store all weekend and missed all the panels (Thank god for people recording!!)

I did manage to get some neat things though in the time I did venture away from the store

The Weaponeers of Monkaa, Art Prints from Emiliano (there are multiple ones in the protector), Busta Toons MOTU Book (autographed by James), some CD soundtracks (Clue, ThunderCats 2012, MOTU 87 Film Anniversay Edition) from La La Records

And I had one of my STGCC Red Lion-O's signed by the man himself Larry Kenney

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I didn't realize La La Land Records did a Thundercats CD. Did La La Land Records have their own booth? Rumor has it they may be bringing out a Filmation CD set soon...

I dig the Manta Rider and the Manta Raider. Nice piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I didn't realize La La Land Records did a Thundercats CD. Did La La Land Records have their own booth? Rumor has it they may be bringing out a Filmation CD set soon...

I dig the Manta Rider and the Manta Raider. Nice piece.
    Yes they had their own area, they brought a bunch of different CDs with them like Batman the Animated Series soundtracks and movie soundtracks like Clue.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

My haul and some other pics. I had such an amazing time this year, got to meet some people in person this year and just spent the whole weekend with a smile on my face. Rudy and Joe's Manta Raider is amazing, I got the last one that was on sell at the show, not very many happy people behind me in line lol. Rudy and his wife were just as nice and real as you can get. I also got to hold the Eldor Prototype figure just before i left for the air port.

Finally got me an unofficial filmation MOTU guide, got some 4HM figs, tons of great prints, the new SMC toy line which is freaking great, and some other stuff I am sure I am forgetting lol.

The weekend flew by and I was sad to see it end, oh and Anthony De Longis (Blade) was so great, I could have spent hours listening to him and watching all of his weapon displays. Meeting him and talking to him turned out to be one of my biggest highlights of the weekend.

I could go on and on, but ill stop lol

My loots

me and Eldor getting to know each other

Manta Raider by Joe Amaro based on Rudy Obrero's painting (BG Teela looks pretty good on it)

Pixel Dan took a pic of me and a new friend lol
    the ignore list is my new best friend

My god I look creepy in that picture! Lol. What is that expression?!? I promise I am not creepy looking in real life... I hope.

But you and Paul (the actual subjects of said photo) look good.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by I, Harbinger View Post

Mo-Larr sitting behind me at the Matty panel.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l4...psdbd67a44.jpg
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    It's cool mate!

All my pictures are on my Facebook page (Look for Rock Vivien) for people wanting to see

Snappy Threader
    JonWes, you have had plenty of time, where is the review of the Raider and Rider?

Awesome guys!
    Here are some of my pics!!

Tanya:

Joe Amaro's Ram Man:

The amazing Skeletor bust for the auction!

Sexy Cats:

She-Ra and Skeletor!

and one after some drinks!

MOTU movie panel

MYP panel

He-Man!!

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Wow! It really looks like everyone had a great time!

What were the Dave Wilkins prints? I'm not familiar with that artist...

All three of those prints that were given out to advance ticket holders - Thundercats, She-Ra and He-man - are really awesome! And it's nice to see Emiliano getting some more art out there too!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Wow! It really looks like everyone had a great time!

What were the Dave Wilkins prints? I'm not familiar with that artist...

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I love those Filmation groups pics. Can we see more of those please?
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

I really cant wait till next year when its in my city..... counting down the miinutes and saving my money.

Some appointments - PART I

- - - Updated - - -