Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: After Power Con!-Post photo's of experiences and Loot here

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    . . . some CD soundtracks (Clue, ThunderCats 2012, MOTU 87 Film Anniversay Edition) from La La Records . . .
    I did not see the Clue soundtrack! I thought about getting the Masters of the Universe soundtrack. Too bad they did not have the FILMation one too.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    Some appointments - PART I

l]
    Arvulis - As the REAL Mo-Larr, I must say you did a pretty nice cosplay of me

Seriously though, it looks like you had alot of fun with the Dental pics!!!!

Maybe next year I should come and bring my mobile dental equipment to provide Dental Screenings to my fellow MOTU fanatics.......nah.....I would much rather enjoy the panels that look in all of my forum buddies' mouths!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

KUZEH - So YOU were the lucky winner of that awesome Skeletor bust!!!! We had a pretty intense bidding war going there on that one!! I got to hand it to you though, you sure wanted that piece!!! I had to let it go, but I'm glad that it went to a good home I got the Beastman bust that Nathan painted last year and it was really awesome too! Hopefully he continues to help out by donating outstanding pieces to the charity auction each year! If he does again next year, I will be gunning for one for sure

I was lucky enough to score the one of a kind Statos bust 2-UP by the amazing 4 Horsemen so I'm still a very happy camper!!

Again, congrats on the wonderful Skeletor bust!!! You earned it for sure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    I love those Filmation groups pics. Can we see more of those please?
    i second this..
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    Arvulis - As the REAL Mo-Larr, I must say you did a pretty nice cosplay of me

Seriously though, it looks like you had alot of fun with the Dental pics!!!!

Maybe next year I should come and bring my mobile dental equipment to provide Dental Screenings to my fellow MOTU fanatics.......nah.....I would much rather enjoy the panels that look in all of my forum buddies' mouths!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

KUZEH - So YOU were the lucky winner of that awesome Skeletor bust!!!! We had a pretty intense bidding war going there on that one!! I got to hand it to you though, you sure wanted that piece!!! I had to let it go, but I'm glad that it went to a good home I got the Beastman bust that Nathan painted last year and it was really awesome too! Hopefully he continues to help out by donating outstanding pieces to the charity auction each year! If he does again next year, I will be gunning for one for sure

I was lucky enough to score the one of a kind Statos bust 2-UP by the amazing 4 Horsemen so I'm still a very happy camper!!

Again, congrats on the wonderful Skeletor bust!!! You earned it for sure!!!
    So our sub drive savior was on the line with Val bidding? Had the group known that was you they may have not joint bid on that skeletor bust.You almost got that Rudy Obrero framed painting also.. price was getting up there. I was fortunate enough to score one earlier at the Con. Happy to hear you were satisfied with that beautiful bust statue of stratos .

Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    The man himself.........

Attachment 79208
    I can't believe I'm saying this but right at the moment I regret not getting a Spector. He's becoming such an iconic MOTU-character. If he's not super-expensive on ebay I just might have to grab one for my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    My god I look creepy in that picture! Lol. What is that expression?!? I promise I am not creepy looking in real life... I hope.

But you and Paul (the actual subjects of said photo) look good.
    I don't think you look creepy at all in that pic. Excited and happy is more what it looks like to me.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    i second this..
    Same here.

fball13z you seem to get all of them.
    Could you show them all ?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    Same here.

fball13z you seem to get all of them.
    Could you show them all ?
    Ill take some pics tonight when i get home, they are amazing prints, going to get them framed this weekend
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I don't think you look creepy at all in that pic. Excited and happy is more what it looks like to me.
    Oh phew, good. I'll trust your judgement Heidi.

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    Ill take some pics tonight when i get home, they are amazing prints, going to get them framed this weekend
    Cool - I am looking forward to seeing them all as well. I didn't get to see them in real life.

Dave Wilkins not only had some of the most awesome artwork at the con, he was also an incredibly cool guy. I had a blast talking to him!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Dave Wilkins not only had some of the most awesome artwork at the con, he was also an incredibly cool guy. I had a blast talking to him!
    Me too! We chatted a little bit about the new designs and stuff.

Heroic Warrior
    Meg Foster`s eyes are still amazing...

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    For those of you who have gone, what are the prices of the dealers like for the vintage stuff? Also, do you have to pay for autographs?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Vintage stuff varies vendor to vendor. The loose stuff is extremely cheap I'd say.

Autographs also vary person to person. Sometimes you just have to buy a print for them other times they'll sign anything for free.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Emiliano's Filmation prints were awesome. Got all four, and signed. Hope to get them framed soon.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    yeah that seems to me too
    thanks buddy
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Vintage stuff varies vendor to vendor. The loose stuff is extremely cheap I'd say.

Autographs also vary person to person. Sometimes you just have to buy a print for them other times they'll sign anything for free.
    See, I don't buy anything. I always have voice actors autograph my DVD/BD covers. After all, if it weren't for us, they would not be in the position they are. In fact, it is the same for any celebrity. I am not paying for something they should give me for free since I pay to watch/play the things they are in.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

I guess you're entitled to anything you feel like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    See, I don't buy anything. I always have voice actors autograph my DVD/BD covers. After all, if it weren't for us, they would not be in the position they are. In fact, it is the same for any celebrity. I am not paying for something they should give me for free since I pay to watch/play the things they are in.
    I look at it like this. Yes they should be appreciative of the fans, but at the end of the day they should be compensated somewhat for their time. They don't have to make appearances, especially at a fan con. Most of them provide their own pictures and prints, it is the least I can do to pick up a print or photo for $10 and get all my items signed and a picture together.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Discussing top secret stuff with Grazellka and King Khan! And hey, it's Brian Dobson partying with the fans! Pic taken by Pixel Dan.

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    I look at it like this. Yes they should be appreciative of the fans, but at the end of the day they should be compensated somewhat for their time. They don't have to make appearances, especially at a fan con. Most of them provide their own pictures and prints, it is the least I can do to pick up a print or photo for $10 and get all my items signed and a picture together.
    100%, totally agree. They put in the work, they deserve to get paid. If you don't feel like paying someone for their autograph, then don't do it. But them charging for an autograph is not uncommon. A lot of times your $$ gets them to come back to the Con and can even help them with their future endeavors. At the end of the day, it's only $10-15. Big whoop.

I saw the op had these prints from Power-Con, couldn't pass these up from Mr. Tone Rodriguez:

Tone1.jpgTone2.jpg

He's got to be one of the nicest guys ever!
    Last edited by TJRules; September 27, 2012 at 11:04pm.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Discussing top secret stuff with Grazellka and King Khan! And hey, it's Brian Dobson partying with the fans! Pic taken by Pixel Dan.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...78855286_n.jpg
    Watch out for those Germans, Danielle! Especially that Grazellka guy! You never know what kind of trouble they might get you into!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

I also don't feel bad about spending reasonable $$ for autographs when you're talking about talent who are at an event promoting work they did 20-30 years ago, may or may not be receiving royalties from said work, and aren't exactly booked solid in the industry today. I assume most who are asking an autograph fee weren't paid a large amount for the appearance anyway, and are making a significant portion of the day's work from the signature fees. Sure it's nice of the talent to appear for the fans, but it's also a day's work.

Autographs . . .
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by I, Harbinger View Post
    I also don't feel bad about spending reasonable $$ for autographs when you're talking about talent who are at an event promoting work they did 20-30 years ago, may or may not be receiving royalties from said work, and aren't exactly booked solid in the industry today. I assume most who are asking an autograph fee weren't paid a large amount for the appearance anyway, and are making a significant portion of the day's work from the signature fees. Sure it's nice of the talent to appear for the fans, but it's also a day's work.
    I'm more thinking about Leonard Nimoy charging $80 for an autograph at a local sci-fi convention a few years ago. I wanted my Galvatron figure signed, but the damn toy was an import and cost less than his price.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    That Filmation Horde print is really incredible. I would have definitely tried to pick one up. (No Power-Con for me this year!)
    "That's very interesting...but silly."