Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: After Power Con!-Post photo's of experiences and Loot here

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I'm more thinking about Leonard Nimoy charging $80 for an autograph at a local sci-fi convention a few years ago. I wanted my Galvatron figure signed, but the damn toy was an import and cost less than his price.
    Well nobody at PowerCon this year or last was ever like that, most fan con people are not like that. You are talking about uber famous people. Adam West falls into that category as do a lot of people who star on TV shows
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Not the best pics, but these are amazing prints, cant wait to get them framed

the ignore list is my new best friend

I am so jealous, I want those prints so bad.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    So our sub drive savior was on the line with Val bidding? Had the group known that was you they may have not joint bid on that skeletor bust.You almost got that Rudy Obrero framed painting also.. price was getting up there. I was fortunate enough to score one earlier at the Con. Happy to hear you were satisfied with that beautiful bust statue of stratos .
    Joint bidding!!!!! GRRRRRRRR No worries. My wife and I were bidding through the proxibid website so someone there must have been on the line with Val. It would have been cool to chat with Val though during the auction

I actually did not bid on the Obrero framed painting. That must have been someone else online. That piece is incredibly awesome, but I had my heart set on the Stratos 2-UP and the Skeletor Bust so I held back on the print. I also read somewhere that Rudy might be selling more of those prints after the con!!! If he does, I AM ALL OVER THEM!!!! They would be wonderful to hang on the wall!!!!!!!!

I saw my Stratos Bust in the quick Castle Grayskull video that Pixel Dan posted and it made me very anxious to get my hands on it!! The item description did not give a size so I was just hoping that it was pretty good sized when I bid on it. As nice an item as that is, I'm actually shocked I got it for such a reasonable price!!

I've been watching all of the Con videos and it looked like an awesome time again this year. I cannot wait to join you all next year in New York for some more MOTU/POP/Thundercats goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had SUCH a wonderful time!! I just wish it had been longer, because there are a lot of people with whom I didn't get to spend any quality time.

Anyway, my favorites were the Matty Panel, the She-Ra toy/cartoon panel, the MOTU Movie Panel, and Anthony Delongis's weapons demo!! He and Meg Foster were awesome!!

The Auction was a BLAST!! I won two Chris Faccone drawings and this bust (I won the Adora bust last year, so I HAD to have this one to go with it):

Here is some other loot:

Here is the Sorceress on my Manta Raider (everyone MUST buy this - it's AWESOME)
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    What are all those "Fight Back" things that a lot of people got?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Kuzeh:
    Thank you for posting that pic of me as He-Man. Power-Con was Awesome!!! =)
    Manny
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Love all the photos of people's loot!

Was there any word at power con about when the Manta Raider will be for sale?
    edit: never mind, found the sale page. Oct 17.

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    OMG!! Those are so amazing!!!!!!!

Hello!

Here is my video from Power-con weekend!

Awesome video, Tanya! And representing for the UK too - rule Britannia and all that.

LOVE your Adora costume - blinkin' awesome! Great to see She-Ra and Adora get some love! You should do a vote for next year's costume - personally, I'd LOVE you to be Peekablue or Flutterina!

You'll LOVE your copy of Cereal:Geek. James is a top guy and the lad who wrote the lead article for that issue ain't too bad either. *cough* *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    What are all those "Fight Back" things that a lot of people got?
    I'm very curious as well.......
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I'm so super jealous. He was out of these by the time I tracked him down
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Vintage MOC Man E Faces 1st Edition

Vintage MOC Extendar 1st Edition

Vintage Loose Snake Face....finally complete

Both Dave Wilkins Prints & signed....these prints were impressive especially his Skeletor on his throne of bones. These prints are what I envision Skeletor to be.....actually evil.

All 4 Emiliano Santalucia Filmation prints + his Heroic Warriors Epic Battle print & all signed

Power Con He-Man & She-Ra prints & signed as well by Mr. Washington

1 Deluxe clam shell for Dc vs. MOTU 2 pack for my TRU Exclusive Bizarro vs BA faker

I actually received the last Classics mini comic TG was handing out...signed by both TG & Tim Seely
    (I also brought my other 2 Classics mini comics to be signed by both of them)

Wind Raider I brought but got it signed by Rudy Obrero

3 TOD Sorceress...2 for me & 1 for my friend.

1 Exclusive Mattel accessory

200x Rise of the Snakemen comic issue 1 of 3 signed by Mr. Washington

200x Icons of Evil Merman comic also signed by Mr. Washington

1 MOC Classics Webstor for my son

1 MOC Batman figure for my son

I don't even know where to START on the awesome stories and experiences of this year. It is by far and away one of the best con experience you can have. Everyone is extremely friendly and talkative.

I will have to post a picture or two later but I needed to chime in and just say what an amazing year, WAY better than even last year. Here is to Powercon 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Discussing top secret stuff with Grazellka and King Khan! And hey, it's Brian Dobson partying with the fans! Pic taken by Pixel Dan.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...78855286_n.jpg
    ha secret stuff indeed!!!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I'm more thinking about Leonard Nimoy charging $80 for an autograph at a local sci-fi convention a few years ago. I wanted my Galvatron figure signed, but the damn toy was an import and cost less than his price.
    I'm not saying I like how much some celebs charge for an autograph, but consider this - what happens once you have your piece of merch autographed by said celeb? It's value goes up, right? And if you want to sell it later on - not saying you do, but IF you do, or it gets sold after you're dead - then you or your heirs get more money for it because of the signature.

So, think of it this way - you're giving them something for what they're giving you. If you admire their work and want to tell them, just say so. They'll probably be happy to hear you support them. They aren't forcing you to buy a picture.

Nimoy, Shatner, Stewart and others are mega, uber popular so charging a fee keeps them from getting mobbed and creates some control over their presence at a con. Imagine if Nimoy offered free autographs at a four day con!! The poor man would have to be hospitalized afterwards, as people would never leave him be.

It isn't perfect, but it does create order and show respect on both sides.

- - - Updated - - -

I love Emil's prints...but Leech is floating, on the right there! The steps to Hordak's throne start right around where his feet are...and Emil had some trouble placing him against the background.

Also, Catra's right leg seems to be in front of Mantenna's left legs, even though she's behind him Ditto with Skellie and Beast Man - a bit of floating happening there too.

I love ya Emil, but that's something to tweak perhaps for next year!

Otherwise, amazing prints. Is his "Battleground" print similar to his He-Man art card from the BCI DVD sets?

Not shown are the keldor swords, t-shirts from teh con and a few other assorted items. But at least I scored my Manta Raider and sorceresses.

I help the proto He-man, Darius and Eldor prototypes!

I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Not shown are the keldor swords, t-shirts from teh con and a few other assorted items. But at least I scored my Manta Raider and sorceresses.
    http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...18157342_o.jpg

I help the proto He-man, Darius and Eldor prototypes!
    http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...76274319_o.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...62959351_o.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...04934883_o.jpg
    Awesome loot, man! It was nice to meet you at the con.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    The man himself.........

Attachment 79208
    That's right! Spector's in your MOTU.... ****ing up the timeline!
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Here is a link to my Power-Con 2012 photos. =)

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...p?albumid=1302
    Manny

Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    Arvulis - As the REAL Mo-Larr, I must say you did a pretty nice cosplay of me

Seriously though, it looks like you had alot of fun with the Dental pics!!!!

Maybe next year I should come and bring my mobile dental equipment to provide Dental Screenings to my fellow MOTU fanatics.......nah.....I would much rather enjoy the panels that look in all of my forum buddies' mouths!!!!!
    LOL - Thank you sir!

Feel free to come with your dental equipment We can team up and inflict double pain! I hope to meet you next year

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyB175 View Post
    Here is a link to my Power-Con 2012 photos. =)
    Nice pics, manny. Although I can't believe you went on a ride with Scotward. Have you no standards?!
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; October 3, 2012 at 01:06pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    I am so jealous, I want those prints so bad.
    No kidding!! Those are incredible!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    LOL - Thank you sir!

Feel free to come with your dental equipment We can team up and inflict double pain! I hope to meet you next year
    Sounds like fun Getting to meet you that is I'm one of those rare Dentists that makes sure my patients are comfortable and plenty numb before I treat them and have a heavy focus on prevention in my clinic so that we do not have to pull rotten teeth, etc.....

If you are coming as Mo-Larr again, I will not steal your thunder It would make for a fun picture opportunity though!! See you next year!

I was very shocked to be surfing google images for Rudy Obrero's art, and to find a picture of myself floating on the screen. It was a pleasure seeing you there as well. Hope to see you again next year at both Comic Con and Power Con.

My haul and some other pics. I had such an amazing time this year, got to meet some people in person this year and just spent the whole weekend with a smile on my face. Rudy and Joe's Manta Raider is amazing, I got the last one that was on sell at the show, not very many happy people behind me in line lol. Rudy and his wife were just as nice and real as you can get. I also got to hold the Eldor Prototype figure just before i left for the air port.

Finally got me an unofficial filmation MOTU guide, got some 4HM figs, tons of great prints, the new SMC toy line which is freaking great, and some other stuff I am sure I am forgetting lol.

The weekend flew by and I was sad to see it end, oh and Anthony De Longis (Blade) was so great, I could have spent hours listening to him and watching all of his weapon displays. Meeting him and talking to him turned out to be one of my biggest highlights of the weekend.

I could go on and on, but ill stop lol

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...81694419_n.jpg
    My loots
    https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...79721782_n.jpg
    me and Eldor getting to know each other
    https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...71309180_n.jpg
    Manta Raider by Joe Amaro based on Rudy Obrero's painting (BG Teela looks pretty good on it)
    https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...91179846_n.jpg
    Pixel Dan took a pic of me and a new friend lol