View Poll Results: Favorite Battle/Fight Scene

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keldor vs. Randor (The Beginning pt. 1)

5 14.29%
  • He-Man vs. Count Marzo (Mekaneck's Lament)

0 0%
  • Skeletor vs. He-Man and Randor (Underworld)

3 8.57%
  • He-Man vs. Skeletor (The Mystery of Anwat Gar)

2 5.71%
  • He-Man vs. Skeletor's Minions (Council of Evil pt. 1)

3 8.57%
  • Man at Arms vs. Skeletor (Council of Evil pt. 1)

0 0%
  • He-Man vs. the Council of Evil and Skeletor's regulars (Council of Evil pt. 2)

16 45.71%
  • Man at Arms vs. Tri-Klops (Rise of the Snake Men pt. 1)

0 0%
  • He-Man vs. Zodak (Rise of the Snake Men pt. 2)

0 0%
  • Sorceress vs. King Hiss (Rise of the Snake Men pt. 2)

2 5.71%
  • Other

4 11.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Battle/Fight scene from 200X Cartoon

Favorite Battle/Fight scene from 200X Cartoon

Obviously there were way more fights than what I have listed so if you don't see yours then select "Other" and post which one it was. Also, I'd like to hear why you chose a particular fight scene.

Anyway, here are my top 3 (they're all tied for for my favorite):

He-Man vs. the Council of Evil & Skeletor's Regulars - Rather than rely on brute force to overcome his opponents, he turned their advantage of greater numbers against them. I also like that he probably wouldn't have won if it weren't for the other Masters showing up.

Skeletor vs. He-Man & Randor - Probably the best animated sword fight scene of the series. I also liked it because there's a great moment where Skeletor realizes that he now has to fight both Randor & He-man. Instead of immediately running away, he actually attacks them both. What made it even more impressive was he relied primarily on his swords. This was the scene that made me realize what a badass Skeletor could be.

Sorceress vs. King Hiss - This fight showed that Sorceress wasn't just some damsel that had to rely on He-Man for protection. Even though she lost, at least she made a decent showing of her combat skills. I also liked this fight because we got a chance to see other aspects of Hiss' power such as disolving into a bunch of little snakes and reforming in a different location.
    Last edited by maczero; September 23, 2012 at 12:52pm.
    Do you need to buy, sell or rent a home in Northern VA, then contact me at varealtor1@verizon.net

He-Man vs. the Council of Evil and Skeletor's regulars (Council of Evil pt. 2), that's one of the best fights of the series. I also love the King Grayskull vs the Horde battle.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I originally voted for Keldor vs. Randor from the beginning. Turns out voting before I watched all the series was foolish. I finally got to disc 3 and the Council of Evil trilogy last night.
    HOLY SHNIKES BBQ OMG!!!
    that was the most amazing He-man action I have ever seen! The opening fight in part 1 where He-man goes toe to toe with all the Evil warriors in the canyon was epic on its own, but the fights keep getting bigger and better throughout the trilogy.

This MYP cartoon knocks it out of the park. I watch the old filmaiton ones with my son, but I stay up late and watch MYP He-man alone and love every minute of it!

Snappy Threader
    Yeah He-Man vs. the Council of Evil for me.....

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Yeah He-Man vs. the Council of Evil for me.....
    ditto. that is what he-man should be! i LOVED that, probably my favourite moment from the series.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I was torn between the opening fight of CoE pt 1 and the final fight of The Last Stand. Both of those fights were fantastic but in the end I think CoE pt 1 edged it out slightly.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    I was torn between the opening fight of CoE pt 1 and the final fight of The Last Stand. Both of those fights were fantastic but in the end I think CoE pt 1 edged it out slightly.
    i count them as one fight myself.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I'm not sure they can be classed together as 1 fight. 1 takes place at the beginning of a 2 part season finale and the other takes place at the end of the season 2 premier.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I've voted for Keldor vs. Randor. This fight is so epic!!!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    For me that was he-man vs skeletor's minions, he-man was alone vs all of them and the fight was so epic.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    I'm not sure they can be classed together as 1 fight. 1 takes place at the beginning of a 2 part season finale and the other takes place at the end of the season 2 premier.
    I'm with jerec350 on this one. The first fight was He-Man vs Evil-Lynn, Beastman, Mer Man, Tri-Klops, Whiplash, Clawful and Trap Jaw which ended in their imprisonment and the disbanding of the Masters by Man-At-Arms. But, if I remember correctly, this was a 3 parter.

The fight I think you are thinking of, krosfyah, is when Skeletor has his new Council of Evil at the steps of Castle Grayskull. That Council included Count Marzo, Webstor, Evil Seed, the 3 giants, etc. plus Skeletor had the Ram Stone. The only thing between them and total victory was Adam and Cringor as Adam had lost the Power Sword earlier. Zodak entered Grayskull and, using their combined power, help the Sorceress form a barrier to keep Skeletor out but he had the Ram Stone so things did look pretty dire. Also Adam had been sent over the side into the caverns beneath Grayskull and Cringor had been knocked out by Skeletor. Adam, getting the Power Sword from a clutch Orko, turned into He-Man just in time to take the Ram Stone from Skeletor, destroy it, and unleash and revenge fueled fury on the Council of Evil the likes of which I have never seen on a Saturday night kids cartoon. What made it even better is that Skeletors minions who had been captured in the beginning of episode 1 had broken free and joined the new Council in the Masters own vehicles. Now were the revenge part comes in is that once He-Man surveys the battlefield he notices that Cringor is down and non-responsive. The look in his eyes said it all as he first took out the giants then engaged pretty much every other member of Skeletor's Council.

Even though he fought the same people in the beginning of the Council of Evil Part 1 at the beginning of the Last Stand there was a break in the battle, the location changed, and they weren't always fighting He-Man so I say they were 2 separate but awesome battles.

Needless to say, this is not only my favorite fight scene in MYP but the best they've done. I would have loved to have seen He-Man fight the Horde as their battle against King Grayskull was also epic but that is another story.

Also, what a lot of these episodes have in common was that they were written by Dean Stefan. I know it's just tears in the rain but I'd love for him to have some sort of input on the MOTU movie. It seemed like the guy just knew what he was doing.
    Last edited by Piccolo Daimaoh; November 10, 2012 at 02:13pm.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

He-Man vs. Skeletor's Minions (Council of Evil pt. 1) was an awesome fight scene, but He-Man vs. the Council of Evil and Skeletor's regulars (Council of Evil pt. 2) took it too 11! My friends and I were glued to the set watching these awesome battles!

He-Man taking on EVERYBODY all by himself? Screw pushing planets, these are the epic feats I would want to see!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 20, 2012 at 08:03am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharella View Post
    I've voted for Keldor vs. Randor. This fight is so epic!!!
    I'll second that. For sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...cilofevil4.jpg

He-Man vs. Skeletor's Minions (Council of Evil pt. 1) was an awesome fight scene, but He-Man vs. the Council of Evil and Skeletor's regulars (Council of Evil pt. 2) took it too 11! My friends and I were glued to the set watching these awesome battles!

He-Man taking on EVERYBODY all by himself? Screw pushing planets, these are the epic feats I would want to see!
    You have pretty much summed up my entire opinion of the 200x MYP series. The greatest hero and greatest warrior on the planet and he proves it.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Hands down the "He-Man vs. the Council of Evil and Skeletor's regulars (Council of Evil pt. 2)" it was He-Man vs everybody, & he was winning, I loved it!! Probably the best He-Man battle done in all of the media so far.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

He-Man's fight vs' the the Council of Evil was cool, but feels a bit too rushed for me nowadays. I actually prefer the Triple Threat Swordmatch in "Underworld". Seeing Skeletor battling He-Man AND Randor was amazing.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    MYP 200x had so many good & memorable fight scenes.

I'm voting other I did not see Zodak vs King Hissss
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I really liked He-Man & Man-E-Faces vs. Tuvar & Baddhra (episode 16 - The Monster Within)

Its really eerie and has a kind of "Predator Movie" feel to it.

The fight scene goes for quite some time too.

I voted Randor vs Keldor in The Beginning. As much as I like the MYP series, the action sequences are pretty generic. The action doesn't have to be very flashy, but has to have some feeling and buildup or tension behind it, and the first fight with Randor for me had that tensions because I knew the fight will lead to the birth of Skeletor. That is if I have to choose from the ones in the poll, since, for the similar reasons, my actual favorite fight would be the first duel between He-Man and Skeletor in The Beginning
    Of course there are stakes held in every battle/fight, but as the first one, it was most exciting
    Last edited by Brakk; December 23, 2013 at 03:55pm.

I voted other. I loved the fight between Marzo and the barbarians after Evil-Lyn grants him access to his amulet. Fading, blasting, pushing and teleporting. All while punching and elbowing his opponents. If I were a sorcerer, that's how I would fight.
    "My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"
    Marquis de Sade
    "The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...and-trade-list

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Respect He-Man "The Last Stand"

He-Man vs the Council of Evil is easily my favorite MOTU fight scene and one of my favorite cartoon scenes of all time.

I voted "other".

I think the very first encounter between He-man and Skeletor was quite fascinating (since they didn't know much about each other.)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I voted "other".

I think the very first encounter between He-man and Skeletor was quite fascinating (since they didn't know much about each other.)
    I really liked the first time He-Man punched Skeletor and then looked at his fist and was like, "Whoah, did I just do that?!" It really gave you a sense that Adam would grow into the role of He-Man as the show went on.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man54 View Post
    I really liked the first time He-Man punched Skeletor and then looked at his fist and was like, "Whoah, did I just do that?!" It really gave you a sense that Adam would grow into the role of He-Man as the show went on.

Yeah, Skeletor was certain he would win. But he grew desperate as the battle continued. We never got that in Filmation, unfortunately. No first transformation, no first battle. We got origins for the Sorceress and Battle Cat, but that was about it. Skeletor never really got much of an origin, other than being called a demon from another dimension in one of the episodes.

(unless something happened in the She-ra series that I'm not aware of)

Now, if you want the best Filmation battle, I'll take the heroes and villains vs. Shikora. I just loved it when they were pulling on his arms and legs and stretching them out. And he had a ****** off look on his face.