View Poll Results: What do you want in your mini-comics?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • New, self-contained stories that focus on a character like the vintage ones did.

34 77.27%
  • Neitlich's continuing "Dare: Son of He-Man" storyline.

10 22.73%

Thread: MOTUC mini-comics: what do you want more?

MOTUC mini-comics: what do you want more?

There are three mini-comics planned for 2015. These three will continue Neitlich's "Son of He-Man" story arch. But, is that what you want? Which would you prefer?

A) Short, self contained stories that are similar to the vintage ones and focused on a particular character; like Draego-Man, Octavia, Gy-Gor, Icer, etc.

B ) The continuing story of Neitlich's "He-Ro: Son of He-Man".

Heroic Warrior
    The first choise for me:
    "A) Short, self contained stories that are similar to the vintage ones and focused on a particular character; like Draego-Man, Octavia, Gy-Gor, Icer, etc."

Because:
    - The mini comics are ideal for telling these kind of tales, introducing characters and showing their stories (much better than the few lines of a bio), instead of trying to describe events that occured during a huge time period in 12 pages, and try to make them work as a coherent story. For big events, battles and wars, since there is no other available MOTU media, the DC comic can do the job for now, even if it is an alternative reality. It's a different and new take to the Classic characters, so it's fine by me, since they are still He-Man and Co.
    - The Son of He-Man is the least interesting and appealing part of the MOTU mythos. Personally i don't care about an era in which, He-Man, Teela, She-Ra, and Co, are riduced to background characters and at the same time most of the other MOTU characters with whom i grew up, are dead or retired. And the premise for the SOH sounds just awful so far (He-Man and She-Ra fighting against each other to the death, Spector, Skeleteen, Gorpo being the main villain and getting killed by the NA He-Man... i mean Dare). The Masters of the Universe have still a lot of stories to be told, without sending He-Man and She-Ra to retirement or worse to death, for bring some poor He-Man and Skeletor's knockoffs in their place.
    Last edited by granamyr80; November 9, 2014 at 08:52pm.

dare. I want the story we've seen so far continued. Dare in one form or another, He-Ro II, should be the future of the line.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I think this is going to be a fairly one-sided affair...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I'd like to see both options explored.

I want to see what happens to the original characters and see what the future holds for them. I also want to see how the King He-Man/Son of He-Man era unfolds. I don't think it has to be one or the other.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Warrior
    More (mini-comic) Truth, no more Dare.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Sorceress Supreme Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I want new, self-contained stories that focus on a character like the vintage ones did.

I didn't vote. I would actually like both. The self contained stories are a must. With that being said, I'd still like to see more He-Ro.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdiary27 View Post
    I didn't vote. I would actually like both. The self contained stories are a must. With that being said, I'd still like to see more He-Ro.
    I'm sure a lot of people would. Another example of questionable storytelling by killing him off in the same comic Neitlich introduced him in, and hes supposed to be the main protagonist of Preternia.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    There are three mini-comics planned for 2015. These three will continue Neitlich's "Son of He-Man" story arch. But, is that what you want? Which would you prefer?

A) Short, self contained stories that are similar to the vintage ones and focused on a particular character; like Draego-Man, Octavia, Gy-Gor, Icer, etc.

B ) The continuing story of Neitlich's "He-Ro: Son of He-Man".
    Definitely A. Mattel needs to develop these characters, their powers and their place in the mythos. There are so many one-note characters that we know so little about.

While the occasional brand new character isn't a bad thing, we have too many unexplored characters that could be focused upon. It's like creating a new character in an already busy universe.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I'd rather see stories concentrating on characters rather than big events. Big events don't mean much if I don't know half the characters involved very well.