Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do the Hordesmen idolize the crossbow?......Origins character?

Why do the Hordesmen idolize the crossbow?......Origins character?

Like I said, why do they idolize the crossbow?

Could they be idolizing some past Horde character who used it to some merit?

And please don't let it be Horde Prime (even though I guess it would have to be).

I don't like HP in my cannon and I have already created a new Horde figure with him without the trouble some cape and with using the skeleton viking head and the skeleton ring that came with Tri-Kolps.

Oh wait a tic...this could be my origins character.
    Have No Fear, Smith Is Here!

I am not completely sure what you are asking exactly.

Idolize the crossbow? It is a repeating theme in Classics based off of the same basis of the vintage line. All the figures that had a crossbow in the old line have one now. None of the (so far announced) vintage characters that did NOT have bow do not come with it (that includes Catra). HP and Octavia never had figures so adding a crossbow to them is nod to the Horde requirements of the past and present.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    I am not completely sure what you are asking exactly.

Idolize the crossbow? It is a repeating theme in Classics based off of the same basis of the vintage line. All the figures that had a crossbow in the old line have one now. None of the (so far announced) vintage characters that did NOT have bow do not come with it (that includes Catra). HP and Octavia never had figures so adding a crossbow to them is nod to the Horde requirements of the past and present.

[outside of the fact that there vintage toy had the weapon]

I believe what he means is why do most horde members choose to carry a crossbow as there weapon? Was there some ancient horde character that was the stuff of legend inside the horde of old that now make most horde members want to carry a bow out of some law or out of respect that they choose to carry one?

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    [outside of the fact that there vintage toy had the weapon]

I believe what he means is why do most horde members choose to carry a crossbow as there weapon? Was there some ancient horde character that was the stuff of legend inside the horde of old that now make most horde members want to carry a bow out of some law or out of respect that they choose to carry one?
    Agree that is what is really being asked. Putting Horseman in the title is causing the confusion I bet.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, it's a good question though. Why did all of the Horde members come with crossbows?
    END OF LINE

I've wondered that myself. Perhaps they view themselves as hunters? The neverending hunt for more land, more planets, more places to take and add to the empire. Just throwin' something out there.

Personally I always thought it was an odd choice. Originally I didn't even see them as crossbows; just didn't know what the heck they were when I was a kid! Now that the classics are coming with the crossbows that thier vintage guys came with...well, it just seems odd for some of them. I mean it works for Grizzlor; all those weapons just work with the crossbow. But Hordak? I rarely ever pose him with the crossbow. I mean his is probably some sorta magical item, but it still seems odd for him. As the title post says, it's almost as if the Horde idolizes the crossbow. It's more of a symbol than a real weapon (for most).

It especially hits home now that everyone is coming with more than just the crossbow. Originally that was thier only weapon! Now they're coming with things that match thier skills, like Grizzlor with the armory on his back, or Hordak with a magic staff. Catra...well I imagine her as a usurped warlord, so I doubt she really has any attachment to the Horde - certainly not enough to bother with thier silly standards, save for the symbol on her chest. However, since the crossbow is so prevalent among them; how come the Horde Troopers don't all carry one? It's a crazy thing, honestly. Love exploring it, though!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    It's more of a symbol than a real weapon (for most).
    Ahhh...now your seeing it.

*Gives thumbs up!*

Snappy Threader
    I have wondered that since the vintage figs had them. I don't recall seeing them in the toon, though it has been a while so I may have forgotten. Seems to me they are like a real animal of some kind that were morphed into crossbows. I figure we will see a Catra version like Octavia's in a futture weapons pack assortment.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
    Why do the Hordesmen idolize the crossbow?
    Because it's an awesome game!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Evil Horde Training School.

Snappy Threader
    Maybe they thought Chewbacca was cool and wanted to copycat. This is a really good question, I wonder if we keep reading the bios, maybe we will learn the answer.

Because they are cross with Bow.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Haha quite right!

If only Toy Guru could clear this up...Oh wait, nooo!

*rimshot* Thanks folks, just put your tips in the wine glass, thank you!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Snappy Threader
    Dr. Smith, perhaps you could ask about this in a round of the WTFWTK.....

Maybe you should be writing the bios.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Dr. Smith, perhaps you could ask about this in a round of the WTFWTK.....
    Why, when I already know the answer?...KRTB!

Snappy Threader
    Haha so true.

Heroic Warrior
    I think it was originally sculpted for just Grizzbacca in the vintage line and then they thought "Hey, let's just have this non-gun be the signature weapon of the entire evil space army".

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Maybe they thought Chewbacca was cool and wanted to copycat. This is a really good question, I wonder if we keep reading the bios, maybe we will learn the answer.
    ^Definitely on the right trail. They also thought twin saviors seperated at birth were cool, their disfigured evil relative that's actually a tool for an even badder dude is cool, white armored troopers were cool...

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I would be down for a "Pre-Ternia" Horde character or beast on which the crossbows are based...I think it would be cool.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

To me the crossbow something at comes with being a general in the horde army, that is way the troopers dont have them.

I always thought that, on whatever world the Horde originated on, their initial rise to dominance came about due to the invention of a certain piece of technology, the crossbow. It's become their standard, and is the symbol of their power. also, they're a pretty mighty weapon.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

I can imagine that the Horde has a production line slave labour camp of Etherians, entirely dedicated to producing crossbows.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    I think it was originally sculpted for just Grizzbacca in the vintage line and then they thought "Hey, let's just have this non-gun be the signature weapon of the entire evil space army".

^Definitely on the right trail. They also thought twin saviors seperated at birth were cool, their disfigured evil relative that's actually a tool for an even badder dude is cool, white armored troopers were cool...
    Yep, yep. My thoughts exactly.

Heroic Warrior
    I have absolutely no idea! In my world, Grizzlor is the only Horde member who has one. He's the evil Chewbacca. ;-)

Hard to get gun permits on Horde World? I really think it's just a case of being a uniform weapon that all could train with much like armies of the past have usually carried a standard issue weapon. The crossbow looks to be more of an energy weapon instead of a traditional crossbow so it still has a modern edge to it. Besides, they could all be forced to carry comb whips like some Horde members carry!
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!