Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do the Hordesmen idolize the crossbow?......Origins character?

I like the question. Originally Dragstor came with a crossbow but mosquitor doesn't, seems that when the time mosquitor was created the crossbow was not a part of the uniform any more
    On the other hand Tung Lashor has an insect like crossbow that may be confusing or may be Tung Lashor was about to turn to the Horde instead of Rattlor. I like the fact that most of the horde members had a crossbow as their distinctive weapon as much as the snakemen have the snake staff it makes them look like a more organized evil group.

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    As far as I'm concerned they're Laser Crossbows... That's cool enough for me and I don't need an explanation (other than the original figures had 'em)
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    I always thought that, on whatever world the Horde originated on, their initial rise to dominance came about due to the invention of a certain piece of technology, the crossbow. It's become their standard, and is the symbol of their power. also, they're a pretty mighty weapon.
    THe crossbow is a nasty piece of work in the right hands. Replacing the need for the physical strength to pull back a bow with a mechanical equivalent, making the device smaller with smaller yet equally deadly amunition, and likely allowing most folks to re-load and aim faster would have made it a major step forward in the history of the Horde if high tech weren't always available. And even if technology were around, the crossbow is still a mean looking, intimdating weapon that would appeal to villains like Hordak. I mean, Hordikins could have blasted everything in the old days by forming a simple laser with his hand, but he usually opted for an arm size canon instead. Same mentality.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    I like the question. Originally Dragstor came with a crossbow but mosquitor doesn't, seems that when the time mosquitor was created the crossbow was not a part of the uniform any more
    Dragstor also had the logo. Mosquitor didn't, really, nor did Modulok and Multi-Bot. Since Mosquitor was none too bright, Modulok something of an interloper and Multi-Bot both his lackey and a created entity, it's arguable that the Horde crossbow is the equivalent of an officer's sword in many militaries. (I always took this explanation for the Serpent Staff, which is why Sssqueeze and Kobra Khan don't have them--they're more grunts. Of course, IMC, Tung Lashor and Rattlor had the reverse of their roles in the 200X/Classics continuity.) The somewhat bat-like silhouette of the crossbow adds to this interpretation.

Besides, an energy crossbow of some sort is a good choice for many Horde members. It gives Leech, Grizzlor and Dragstor an option at range, and lets Mantenna hit inorganic targets that his eyebeams won't work well against.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    Dragstor also had the logo. Mosquitor didn't, really, nor did Modulok and Multi-Bot.
    I'd say Mosquitor does have the symbol, in silhouette on his chest.

New crossbow is for the origins character!
    Have No Fear, Smith Is Here!