Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2012: Walkthrough with ToyGuru

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

Power-Con 2012: Walkthrough with ToyGuru

I've been posting my Power-Con videos in the Power-Con discussion thread, so make sure you check there for the majority. However I figured this one deserved it's own thread.

Here's my walkthrough with ToyGuru from Power-Con 2012! Enjoy!

Side note: I just uploaded it and I'm back off to work...so it may take a few minutes to process before it'll play.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

wicked!
    thanks pixel dan as always!
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome!
    These walkthrough videos are always so much fun to watch.

I want the card board spaceman included as a figure in the new grayskull
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    It's interesting that he says that, regarding the 30th anniversary line coming out every other month, they'll be back on track in 2013. This happens around 4:30. He might have simply misspoke. Who knows?

I was on the fence with Granamyr, now I NEEEED him!

Those walk throughs are always great to watch! Thanks to all three of you!

I take at 22:18 "Icarius needs some help, i think" was a hint that the other NA figure this year will be a Galactic Protector

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post

I take at 22:18 "Icarius needs some help, i think" was a hint that the other NA figure this year will be a Galactic Protector
    Yeah, I caught that too. Gotta be HYDRON right? (or is that too many green figures in a short space of time?!!)
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So Granamyr comes in pieces, making his box smaller -- some assembly required. That's good...I was thinking that he would have insane shipping costs!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Did Scott accidentally let Lizard Man slip there, when he said that instead of Fang Man?
    (let the conspiracies begin)

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    Yeah, I caught that too. Gotta be HYDRON right? (or is that too many green figures in a short space of time?!!)
    I would bet on Hydron... but then again I was for sure the next Space Mutant would be Flogg.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Castle Grayskull is sounding amazing!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Holy crap I can breath now, another great video Dan. Soooo looking forward to all of 2013.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Thanks again Dan for taking the time to do these for us!

I can't wait for Granamyr. He can't get here soon enough.

Heroic Warrior
    Wow, very cool to hear Scott talk about Grayskull. If all goes well, it should be amazing!

I loved the walkthrough.

Castle G is sounding absolutely amazing.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Did Scott accidentally let Lizard Man slip there, when he said that instead of Fang Man?
    (let the conspiracies begin)
    Actually, yes...that is a possibility. We have to imagine that he has been working with the early stages of the final months of 2013 now in his regular day-to-day business, so chances are Lizard-Man is being talked about in the office, and so was on his mind.
    If you look at the last TG/PixelDan walkthrough - he namedrops Octavia -when he's trying to think of a character that fills many factions, so she was obviously fresh in his memory...and it turns out they were probably tooling her at that point which was why she was near the surface of his memory banks

(Scott is probablyreading this now anyway, laughing at the precision with which we pull apart his off the cuff comments, lol)

But also...something I never mentioned before...if we are going by freudian-slips to work out what characters are coming next....be prepared for MODULOK and MULTI-BOT to actually come together as one SKU named MEGA-BEAST (or whatever it was called)...because on one recent RGD, eagle-eared listeners will hear Scott refer to them together as MEGA-BEAST (or something similar) suggesting his mind has already reconditioned itself to them being a single release...

that's my PSYCHOLOGY 101!!!

Amirite Scott?

I bet I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I was right about FlipShot and Hydron being in the last page of mini-comic 3 when I predicted it last December!!!!!!!!)

so..long story short...I speculate MODULOK and MULTI-BOT will be released together under the MEGA-BEAST Sku!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BYE!!!!!!

(also Glimmer and Hydron this year too)
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    It's interesting that he says that, regarding the 30th anniversary line coming out every other month, they'll be back on track in 2013. This happens around 4:30. He might have simply misspoke. Who knows?
    I think he was just refering to the whole schedule in general, as many figures have been off schedule not just the 30th line.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    It's also sounding like it will be very difficult to get enough pre-orders. The same number of subscriptions? Not just the same number of subscribers, so all those extra subscriptions will need to be picked up by people not subscribing and some subscribers sound like they'll be passing too. I may order 3 or 4? We'll see could end up being $1000!!! But I have my doubts this will get the support that's needed

I love these walk throughs, thanks Dan. I'm really excited about most of the upcoming releases especially Granamyr, Procrustus, Castlegrayskull-Man and Ram-Man, I felt like I wanna hold them in my own hand while TG was describing them.
    But definitely Castle Grayskull and its potential features takes the major attention in this convention. I really hope we meet the pre-order minimum for it to go through...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Snappy Threader
    Very cool PD you made my day I have been so looking forward to this.......

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    It's also sounding like it will be very difficult to get enough pre-orders. The same number of subscriptions? Not just the same number of subscribers, so all those extra subscriptions will need to be picked up by people not subscribing and some subscribers sound like they'll be passing too. I may order 3 or 4? We'll see could end up being $1000!!! But I have my doubts this will get the support that's needed
    I think that Castle Grayskull will have a much easier time selling than the 2013 subscription, because people didn't want to buy the 2013 sub with 9 months of unknown characters that they might not want. With the Castle Grayskull b-sheet, we would know full well what we are getting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    We might get the TORTURE RACK!!!!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Snappy Threader
    I tend to agree MegaGearMax. Castle Grayskull is a sure item, the sub is a lot of unknown. I hope you are right and not just becasue I agree with you. I want CG very badly.

What about those retailers who subscribe in huge numbers? They aren't going to buy as many castles as they did subs. Is that going to foul up our plans for Greyskull?
    I, for one, did not subscribe, but will definitely buy the castle.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think that Castle Grayskull will have a much easier time selling than the 2013 subscription, because people didn't want to buy the 2013 sub with 9 months of unknown characters that they might not want. With the Castle Grayskull b-sheet, we would know full well what we are getting.

- - - Updated - - -
    Very good point!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

One thing to consider is all those people who did not subscribe this year could comeback just for the Castle.