Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2012: Walkthrough with ToyGuru

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks guys.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    One thing to consider is all those people who did not subscribe this year could comeback just for the Castle.
    Right on SCB. Thoughts like this make me quite optimistic.

Heroic Warrior
    Mmmm the turret gun wasnt mentioned hope it makes it in there
    Can't wait to have mine blown out of the water haha

Does anyone know if Snake Man-At-Arms can use that arm cannon without taking off his forearm armor?

Great coverage, Dan. Wanted to say hi Saturday, but man, you were hustling! CG sounds AMAZING so far!!! Can't wait to pre-order mine x2.
    Last edited by I, Harbinger; September 26, 2012 at 08:00pm.

I'm so excited about what was said about Castle Grayskull!

Also wondering if Lizard-Man was a slip-up-reveal, & the hint about a New Adventures Hero!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Great walk through Dan!

CG has the potential to be a masterpiece!! Was a pic of the inside prototype from the slide shown in Power & Honor book 1 ( I don't have a copy )?

A bat jetpack??? Torture rack!!!! Way to bring back the creepiness of the castle from the old minis!

Removable minaret for those who don't like it!!

I'm gonna perorder them go hibernate for a year....
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Sorry, but I have a non MOTUC question/reaction...

TG says that Netossa is the 4HM's first African-American female. True enough. He then quickly says, "We never did Cheetah. We never did DC."

I don't understand that comment at all. They DID do Cheetah in DCUC, but she's not a black character. Maybe he meant to say Vixen. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    One thing to consider is all those people who did not subscribe this year could comeback just for the Castle.
    I agree.

I can understand not wanting to commit to buying figures you may have never heard of. However, Catle Grayskull is iconic!

Heres to hoping for October! I can totally rationalize Castle Grayskull as a Halloween decoration.

November will take away from my Black Friday monies! December is well...Christmas...I guess it could be a great gift to myself...

Thanks for the walk through
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Great job Dan! Love to hear every bit of detail I can about Castle Grayskull! Can't wait to order 2!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    I want the card board spaceman included as a figure in the new grayskull
    Me too, just asked the question in the Ask Matty thread, im not getting my hopes up but would be neat if he was included, understandably the price would be a little extra.

Also as far as the matching the 2013 subs i think we will make it, so many collectors dont want to sub up as they want vintage only, one of the reasons subs are slowing down, these fans will buy the Castle. Remamber Mattel, if you Pre-Order it they will come.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

OOOOHHHH. Grayskull, You make me wanna rob a bank!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I think the Lizard Man mix up and the "Icarius needs help" comment were hints at what's to come, just as others have pointed out.

I'm still just mystified by the exuberance Scott has about this young Dekker concept. From what I've seen and heard, it's seemed almost unanimous that the extra head is unwarranted. I'm honestly not complaining about it, I just don't understand it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Koopa View Post
    Does anyone know if Snake Man-At-Arms can use that arm cannon without taking off his forearm armor?
    I think you have to take it off. From the pics I've seen, the hand goes through the ring part so I don't think it will fit. I may have him hold it with the other arm because I'm not a big fan of it morphing in classics like it did in 200x.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    Great walk through Dan!

CG has the potential to be a masterpiece!! Was a pic of the inside prototype from the slide shown in Power & Honor book 1 ( I don't have a copy )?

A bat jetpack??? Torture rack!!!! Way to bring back the creepiness of the castle from the old minis!

Removable minaret for those who don't like it!!

I'm gonna perorder them go hibernate for a year....
    I just hope it still stays around $200. If it does, then I am definitely pre-ordering it! This is just beyond cool!

The new MotUC Castle Grayskull would be the only item I have bought from the MotUC line. I wonder if I am the only one like that.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Sorry, but I have a non MOTUC question/reaction...

TG says that Netossa is the 4HM's first African-American female. True enough. He then quickly says, "We never did Cheetah. We never did DC."

I don't understand that comment at all. They DID do Cheetah in DCUC, but she's not a black character. Maybe he meant to say Vixen. Any ideas?
    I am positive he meant Vixen.

Also: Ram Man is a frikkin' BEAST. I cannot wait for 2013. Spikor and Frosta have been my most anticipated figures forever and I got them in 2012 and I STILL think 2013 looks be an even stronger year. Woo!
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    "Because Mattel encourages good beverage choices."

That made me bust out laughing! Thanks, Scott!
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

Heroic Warrior
    I really think Castle Grayskull will do well with the preorders, but you never know. I mean, I'm sure we all thought the Wind Raider would be a success, but you can still buy one on MC and have been told we won't be getting a Battle Ram until WR sells out. We are funny fans though, because everything we ask for, we make complaints when we get them. And I see that happening here with the fan base. Like seriously, how can you be a MOTU collecter and not want Castle Grayskull?
    Last edited by grenadaspice; September 27, 2012 at 10:33am.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    I think the Lizard Man mix up and the "Icarius needs help" comment were hints at what's to come, just as others have pointed out.

I'm still just mystified by the exuberance Scott has about this young Dekker concept. From what I've seen and heard, it's seemed almost unanimous that the extra head is unwarranted. I'm honestly not complaining about it, I just don't understand it at all.
    I loved the NA hint. It should be Hydron, but I want Artilla!

Dekker is a road apple. He looks cool and I love extra heads, but you're right. The enthusiasm for him is a bit strange!

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    I think you have to take it off. From the pics I've seen, the hand goes through the ring part so I don't think it will fit.
    Thanks for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Those walk throughs are always great to watch! Thanks to all three of you!

I take at 22:18 "Icarius needs some help, i think" was a hint that the other NA figure this year will be a Galactic Protector
    Glad I wasn't the only one who caught that tidbit. I very nearly backed up the video to re-listen, but figured it will either happen or it won't, so no use trying to read too much into Scott's off the cuff remarks. However, after seeing you mention it also I'm pretty sure it 'means something'.

And another winning video as always, Dan! And I assume you and your lovely wife/camera operator will be at NYCC for THOSE MOTUC reveals as well?
    Last edited by Stygian360; September 27, 2012 at 11:09am.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post

He likes it, because it was his idea.

The extra head is a bit insulting, considering all of the other characters people desperately wanted alt. heads for. And Dekker is so C-list.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

On further reflection, I think Dekker would look pretty boss next to Eternos Randor and the rest of the royal family. Not essential, and since I'm not a 2012 sub holder I'll wait on him until I get my high priority wish list done, but that's a pretty great display option. Extra heads are great for kitbashes; it's nice to have an extra human head for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    He likes it, because it was his idea.

The extra head is a bit insulting, considering all of the other characters people desperately wanted alt. heads for. And Dekker is so C-list.
    If Dekker didn't get an extra head, we'd be complaining he didn't get an extra head to make young Duncan and that we wouldn't be subbing next year.