Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Power-Con 2012: Walkthrough with ToyGuru

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    If Dekker didn't get an extra head, we'd be complaining he didn't get an extra head to make young Duncan and that we wouldn't be subbing next year.
    I wouldn't.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Great walkthrough thanks to all those who made it happen.

Man Granamyr looks amazing! December can't get here fast enough!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Agent of the Evil Horde
    Thanks for another entertaining video Dan.

I'm most looking forward to Ram Man, Jitsu, and Karati from the figures that were on display there.

I agree with others that Castle Greyskull sounds great, but it will be well out of my league in terms of prices, as I can only just afford to buy the figures that I want, and can never buy accessories, such as vehicles, and other play sets.
    Supporter of the New Adventures of He-Man
    Motu fan and collector since 1984

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Okay, I'm becoming firmly convinced that TG has found the old Jeckyl formula, and he takes it before sitting down at his computer so we get TG Hyde online rather than the guy we are seeing here.

Nice to see some traditions being observed here, as well. It isn't a TG walkthrough unless he breaks one of the toys (there goes Granamyr's tail!).

Seriously, he's so much better in person and off the cuff, and his excitement here talking about the figures and especially Grayskull is contagious. I like the idea that they designed Rammy to bend over well at the ab joint for a good ramming pose, and the overall design decisions here (like hiding the knees so well) are well thought out and executed. I really think this is the Rammy we've all been waiting so long for.

I am still a little worried about Octavia's tentacles fitting beneath her hair, and hope it doesn't wind up giving her a permanent downward stare. TG seemed to indicate that they've accomodated the problem, but I really would like to see how it all fits together from the back. I'm hoping ther isn't a problem, and I think going with more Slushy-like tentacles will avoid a Snout Spout re-do. She looks fantastic, and I'd hate to see the figure ruined with a repeat of previous mistakes.

Overall, a great walkthrough. Thanks as always, Dan and TG.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Thanks Dan! Friggin' love these. Scott seems WAY more relaxed here than at SDCC; probably way less to deal with here.

Anyway, topics:

- Well he's got me climbing off the fence with all that Grayskull talk! I know it's just the ideas, but if a majority of those make it into play then this is sounding WAY worth the cash. I'll cut off other toy buying if that's what we're getting.

- Sounds like he was hinting at Hydron...wish I was excited. I love the NA line, but Hydron was always the most boring lookin' guy out of the lot. He's just a...diver. They should just skip 'em and make the awesome second version with the super-crazy-claw-spinny-arm....thingy.

- Ram Man is shaping up to be one of the best, I think! I'm looking forward to be able to put him in actual poses for the first time.

- OH MAN JITSU. Possibly one of the top "unexpected excitement" figures. I liked and owned the original, but it was never a huge favorite. For some reason the new one is just gettin' me GEEKED. Seeing the close-to-production figure just ramped it up more.

- Feelin' better about Netossa now. The cape actually looks fun and useful! I just hope her neck doesn't look too long without it. Still missing some sort of offensive weapon, but the figure is actually going a long way to make me not care as much.

- You guys went over Octavia's tentacles, but you two keep missin' the BIG question! Everyone keeps sayin' "oh yeah, we don't want another Snout Spout problem" but completely forget about King Hsss! I gotta go hit up the Matty forum and see if this question has been asked, 'cause it just keeps getting missed. Them tentacles need to be rubbery like Hsss's snakes, not foam like Spout's trunk! Those things really need to be bendy for her to really shine.

Great video, once again! Thanks man!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Thanks Dan! Friggin' love these. Scott seems WAY more relaxed here than at SDCC; probably way less to deal with here.

Anyway, topics:

- Well he's got me climbing off the fence with all that Grayskull talk! I know it's just the ideas, but if a majority of those make it into play then this is sounding WAY worth the cash. I'll cut off other toy buying if that's what we're getting.

- Sounds like he was hinting at Hydron...wish I was excited. I love the NA line, but Hydron was always the most boring lookin' guy out of the lot. He's just a...diver. They should just skip 'em and make the awesome second version with the super-crazy-claw-spinny-arm....thingy.

- Ram Man is shaping up to be one of the best, I think! I'm looking forward to be able to put him in actual poses for the first time.

- OH MAN JITSU. Possibly one of the top "unexpected excitement" figures. I liked and owned the original, but it was never a huge favorite. For some reason the new one is just gettin' me GEEKED. Seeing the close-to-production figure just ramped it up more.

- Feelin' better about Netossa now. The cape actually looks fun and useful! I just hope her neck doesn't look too long without it. Still missing some sort of offensive weapon, but the figure is actually going a long way to make me not care as much.

- You guys went over Octavia's tentacles, but you two keep missin' the BIG question! Everyone keeps sayin' "oh yeah, we don't want another Snout Spout problem" but completely forget about King Hsss! I gotta go hit up the Matty forum and see if this question has been asked, 'cause it just keeps getting missed. Them tentacles need to be rubbery like Hsss's snakes, not foam like Spout's trunk! Those things really need to be bendy for her to really shine.

Great video, once again! Thanks man!
    If they can't release her with bendy tentacles now, there's no reason they can't add some later in a weapons pack or something. The pop off and on. They probably wanna get out a figure without QC problems first. LOL

Remember before power con, people were saying that the 'biggest announcement ever' was that Scott was stepping down, and the line is cancelled? Turns out it was Castle Grayskull, and Scott is so excited about the new figures that he dropped more of them than in all the other walkthroughs combined.

This fanbase sometimes...

- Sounds like he was hinting at Hydron...wish I was excited. I love the NA line, but Hydron was always the most boring lookin' guy out of the lot. He's just a...diver.
    We are the opposite . 'Underwater guys' are the coolest! He's pretty much the only NA figure left that I want.
    Agreed about Octavia's tentacles, don't see what's wrong with the King Hsss material, unless it costs too much.

Grayskull is going to be amazing. I will buy 2, possibly 3 just to ensure my future children will get to enjoy it Snake face looks insanely cool. I'm ok losing the staff, I will just give him an extra one from Hssss. The 2 figures I don't really care about are the new Randor and Fangman. I just don't think they fit very well. But 2013 is going to be fantastic.

Two things i want to point out, first toyguru said that if Netossa didn't get her sword with her packaged figure then it would come in a weapons pack. The second thing is that they are using Karatti' s bio from the begining, when he looked like Cyrstollar, the Rock/Crystal UK version of Karatti, not the one from the NA cartoon. These 2 characters should be 2 different people, Like Zodak and Zodac, Goddess and Teela, Wundar and He-man, by using this Bio They are sealing the fate of us getting Cyrstollar and swelling the ranks of the Mutants.

great walk-through - i LOVE these! always a highlight of any con for me

i really hope snake-face gets his staff!! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    We are the opposite . 'Underwater guys' are the coolest! He's pretty much the only NA figure left that I want. Agreed about Octavia's tentacles, don't see what's wrong with the King Hsss material, unless it costs too much.
    To each his own, I always say! I certainly don't mind underwater guys; I mean, I LOVE his second version! I just wish the first one looked a little more futuristic rather than standard diver. Granted, it's not like he's wearing realistic gear, but to me I see "diver" rather than "futuristic hero." Then again, you've got different guys covering different specialties...so I'm not sure how else the water guy is supposed to look. I guess I like how the second version looks like he's ready for water, but also looks decked out in future gear.

One way or another, I'm hoping the MotUC figure will change my mind.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I've busy lately so I just finally got to watching this video. I was already excited about Ram Man, but I'm now even more so after seeing his scale with the other figures and seeing his articulation in action. The 4H really did that guy justice. My only worry is loose joints (especially ankles) with a figure so heavy. Has it been addressed if that Zodak helmet is in fact coming with Strobo and can fit on the new Zodak head? I was hoping to see that in this video. I'm typically a vintage MOTU purist, but Zodak is one of the few 200X figures I love in the MOTUC line and I can't wait to get that new head for him.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

We are the opposite . 'Underwater guys' are the coolest! He's pretty much the only NA figure left that I want.
    Agreed about Octavia's tentacles, don't see what's wrong with the King Hsss material, unless it costs too much.
    Agreed---^ In fact I'm probably one of the only collectors who ever idolized Aquaman as a kid! And I have a feeling that Hydron in the hands of the Horsemen is going to be stellar. Just an educated guess though.

Like the masked/unmasked heads for Flipshot (sorry, I will never call him Icarius), I can see two heads for Hydron. He appeared to sport both an unmasked/masked look in the mini-comics (cartoon, not sure?) and the Horsemen, being the astute observers of the lore that they are, will most likely want to go with the two looks for the figure as well. In other words, he's gonna be great guys- diver or not.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Warrior
    Same here. I'll ultimately have to wait until he's actually in my hands to confirm, but just from what I'm seeing, I'm thinking Jitsu just may have the best human head sculpt in the line.

Big thanks to Toyguru and Pixel Dan for reporting about the whole fiasco.

I love Underwater stuff! My Character Contest guy was an underwater creature guy. Who might have been too Octavia in retrospect, actually. But more underwater stuff the better. I LOVE Hydron's design, too.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Agreed---^ In fact I'm probably one of the only collectors who ever idolized Aquaman as a kid! And I have a feeling that Hydron in the hands of the Horsemen is going to be stellar. Just an educated guess though.

Like the masked/unmasked heads for Flipshot (sorry, I will never call him Icarius), I can see two heads for Hydron. He appeared to sport both an unmasked/masked look in the mini-comics (cartoon, not sure?) and the Horsemen, being the astute observers of the lore that they are, will most likely want to go with the two looks for the figure as well. In other words, he's gonna be great guys- diver or not.
    Yeah, I think an unmasked head will go a long way towards making me like him. It'll provide another look so that he at least somewhat looks like he's ready to do other things than just be a diver dude.

Best case scenario would also have him with removable flippers, so he doesn't always have to flop around in those.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I love Underwater stuff! My Character Contest guy was an underwater creature guy. Who might have been too Octavia in retrospect, actually. But more underwater stuff the better. I LOVE Hydron's design, too.
    I too liked Aquaman. I often brought Super Powers Aquaman into the pool with me, along with my Remco Creature From the Black Lagoon. When I was about 12 or 13, and had been collecting comics for a while, I actually shelled out some cash for some really old Aquaman comics. Still have them.
    I loved any movies that had underwater stuff, monsters, sharks, scuba diving, etc. Hydron isn't just a scuba-guy, he's an outer-space man scuba guy, which makes him even cooler! Just looking at his vintage design, I know that he could end up as good as Icarius, who is an absolute masterpiece. The two of them on the shelf together will be impressive.
    Spin Fist Hydron, on the other hand...not too sure about that one, lol. Sorry Alexx.

Hydron isn't just a scuba-guy, he's an outer-space man scuba guy, which makes him even cooler! Just looking at his vintage design, I know that he could end up as good as Icarius, who is an absolute masterpiece. The two of them on the shelf together will be impressive.
    Spin Fist Hydron, on the other hand...not too sure about that one, lol. Sorry Alexx.
    Ha! No problem; I like the crazy stuff, so I never expected Spin Fist Hydron to be popular. I just thought the colors on him worked better for various situations, and that claw...well it's insane, so it strikes a chord with me!

BUT, hearing you two wax nostalgic on this guy, I think you're turning me around a bit. I mean, there are a lot of details on the guy, so I imagine a MotUC version will change my mind. I mean, a vast majority of them have done that already!

Yeah, I think an unmasked head will go a long way towards making me like him. It'll provide another look so that he at least somewhat looks like he's ready to do other things than just be a diver dude.

Best case scenario would also have him with removable flippers, so he doesn't always have to flop around in those.
    An even better 'kill two birds/one stone' would be to have one head, but give him a removeable respirator... similar to Stinkor. Obviously a removeable diving/space helmet also, but a removeable respirator would be cool IMHO.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!