Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need creative ideas to destroy some figures!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    It's okay, Jackie O. It is the curse of mortal man that he forgets. He requires proof...

Okay examples. In a fit of explosive rage I destroyed a mint Fortress Maximus over my head in the same way the Hulk tore Wolverine in half.

Next I set up mint and complete Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain, Fright Zone and Eternia on the floor. Then, dressed in a Godzilla suit I proceeded to re-enact the destruction of Tokyo scene from the original 1954 Godzilla.

I exposed a mint and complete U.S.S. Flagg to weapons grade plutonium in attempt to recreate the time travel scene from The Philadelphia Experiment.

I also placed a mint and fully manned G.I. Joe Defiant Space underneath an X-Ray machine full blast in order to try to give the pilots the powers of the Fantastic Four. It didn't work.

Anyone can destroy a toy. But it takes a nihilistic madman to annihilate a rare and valuable one.
    A man of wealth and taste...

forget about it isic, you can't beat Benny!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

I'll never forget when I was a kid when I put my Mr. Perfect from WWF in the toaster. It looked great. Of course, the toaster was all but destroyed. There was no way you could remove all the little bits of melted plastic, as some would inevitably still be left behind. I seem to recall my mother going berserk.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I'll never forget when I was a kid when I put my Mr. Perfect from WWF in the toaster. It looked great. Of course, the toaster was all but destroyed. There was no way you could remove all the little bits of melted plastic, as some would inevitably still be left behind. I seem to recall my mother going berserk.
    Honestly, I'm surprised my friend and I didn't ruin his microwave. We didn't put huge items in there, but we eventually went on a spree and stuck a string of items we dug up that we didn't mind melting. When you're just doing one...well I dunno, you tend to think on it more. When you're grabbing all sorts of things - THAT'S when the stupidity sets in! We were melting a platoon of tiny micromachine soldiers and decided to melt one of the cars....weeellll there's a metal screw on the bottom of micromachines. Yeah. Sucker started sparking and we both screamed "there's a screw on the bottom!!!" and opened the thing before anything untoward happened. Ahh...good times.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

i put a destro head under my foot and dragged it around until it was just a flat wafer. lol
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Honestly, I'm surprised my friend and I didn't ruin his microwave. We didn't put huge items in there, but we eventually went on a spree and stuck a string of items we dug up that we didn't mind melting. When you're just doing one...well I dunno, you tend to think on it more. When you're grabbing all sorts of things - THAT'S when the stupidity sets in! We were melting a platoon of tiny micromachine soldiers and decided to melt one of the cars....weeellll there's a metal screw on the bottom of micromachines. Yeah. Sucker started sparking and we both screamed "there's a screw on the bottom!!!" and opened the thing before anything untoward happened. Ahh...good times.
    I guess kids are just sadists. My brothers were just as bad, as well as my friends and cousins. I'll never forget going to my friend’s house after school and we were just repeatedly throwing his TMNT figures down the stairs to see who would be the first one to lose its head. I think it was Splinter.

Put all your toys in your house and then burn your house down.

I never understood the urge that some kids had to destroy their toys. I've busted a few in my time, but it's usually been one that was already broken beyond repair or something that I immediately regretted.

The real fun ones were the Crash Test Dummies! Those were made to be crashed, and yet they STILL broke! They had cars 'n mototcycles 'n such that smashed to peices when you drove 'em into things. 'Course I'm assuming you were just supposed to crash them into walls or each other. My friend and I launched them down the stairs, full of Dummies. Eventually the springs holding thier limbs together would stop working and...well, no more Dummies. Even they had thier limits.

But seriously: I'm not sayin' I'm proud of my wanton destruction, but I'm also not sayin' that it wasn't fun. I certainly am not gona destroy my stuff now, I also am not gona lie about being excited that someone else wants to destroy thier own stuff for us. I wana see the results!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Torak View Post
    Put all your toys in your house and then burn your house down.

Now we're talking !!!!! That would impress all the chicks. There was a guy on a Transformers forum that had a ton of TF toys and got sick of the collecting world. I believe he got burned pretty bad on a private deal. Anyway he posted his whole collection for sale and said anything didn't sell by the end of the month he would burn, record it and post it on youtube. The month past but no video, such a letdown. If your gonna promise it make sure you actually do it

Quote Originally Posted by VictoryLiger View Post
    I never understood the urge that some kids had to destroy their toys. I've busted a few in my time, but it's usually been one that was already broken beyond repair or something that I immediately regretted.
    Kids I can understand but adults??? It kinda reminds me of some goof on Rebelscum not too long ago that had repro items We didn't want to sell them so I asked if I could have them since I make vintage SW customs.He said no and put them in his oven (Plastic now) and burned them and had pictures showing this and he has a family and he's burning plastic in the oven in the house (Isn't that toxic??) now he has it mounted on his hallway wall as a trophy...I guess if it was me (rational) I would GIVE it to someone that wants/needs it you can do what you want with it but when you post that you are going to destroy something you are going to get some ?????

And I never heard back which figures you are going to destroy...

I just don't get some people they would rather destroy something they spent money on instead of giving it away since they couldn't trade or sell it....

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    Yeah, its burning money... but you can look at it from many perspectives. Isn't it equally wrong there to be adults with toys collecting dust on the selves for display when there are kids who don't have toys or even decent meals every day?
    I enjoy my toys on a higher level than any kid ever could so if anything it's a waste for them to have them instead of me haha!
    Seriously though, to me it's the difference between creating and destroying. Having them in a nice display to be enjoyed indefinitely is very different to destroying something for destructions sake. Though thinking about it, the less of these figures exist, the more valuable mine become so maybe it is good for people to destroy theirs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Kids I can understand but adults??? It kinda reminds me of some goof on Rebelscum not too long ago that had repro items We didn't want to sell them so I asked if I could have them since I make vintage SW customs.He said no and put them in his oven (Plastic now) and burned them and had pictures showing this and he has a family and he's burning plastic in the oven in the house (Isn't that toxic??) now he has it mounted on his hallway wall as a trophy...I guess if it was me (rational) I would GIVE it to someone that wants/needs it you can do what you want with it but when you post that you are going to destroy something you are going to get some ?????

And I never heard back which figures you are going to destroy...

I just don't get some people they would rather destroy something they spent money on instead of giving it away since they couldn't trade or sell it....
    Let me try and make you understand then. People are different and people have different ways of having fun. Here is an example that might rationalize the cost to entertainment ratio:

Let's say that you go to the movies and that costs about $13 a ticket. Now lets say you take a date (most don't like to go alone) that's another $13. Add in some popcorn or a drink, maybe some candy and your night will easily cost you as much or more than a regular MOTUC figure. For that $30+ you get an hour and a half of "entertainment". Once the movie is over, you leave the theater with nothing tangible, only memories that you can enjoy and share with others.

Now I could go on about how much of a waste of money it is to go to the movies and how I think the cost to entertainment ratio does not justify the cost of admission and that you should donate it to someone who needs it, but I realize that some people think that the "entertainment" they get from the movies is more than enough to justify the cost. Since I realize this, I do not try to tell people that the way they decide to spend their money on "entertainment" is wrong, all while insisting that they donate it instead because I disapprove of their methods of entertainment or think it is a waste.

Sure I don't NEED to destroy my toys, but I WANT to! It's enjoyable to me!

Sure YOU don't NEED to collect these toys, but YOU WANT to! It's enjoyable to YOU!

You see how that works?

I am paying for my toys, just like you! I enjoy my toys, just like you! Personally, I don't find it too hard to understand this. Why is it acceptable to spend money on these figures to "collect" instead of donating them, but it is not acceptable to spend money on these figures to "destroy" instead of donating them? On top of that, why are people so compelled to suggest I donate them as if I am a bad person because I am not donating, all while implying that they are a better person because they "would" donate them. If you "really cared" about kids not having toys, you will donate your toys INSTEAD of telling me to donate mine!

Oh, forgot to answer your other question. The figures I will be destroying are the haves on my sale/trade thread. The link is in my sig.
    Last edited by isic; September 28, 2012 at 07:27pm.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Fire up the grill and serve them 'well done'.
    If you have access to liquid nitrogen, that would be great, freeze them and hit them with a hammer.
    Bathe them in some sort of acid.
    Tar & Feather them.
    Run them over again and again. Hell, peel out on them if possible.
    Crush them in a hydraulic press.
    Set up a magnifying glass in the sun and leave them for an hour or so.
    Would be cool to put them in a block of clear resin.

Quote Originally Posted by isic View Post
    Let me try and make you understand then. People are different and people have different ways of having fun. Here is an example that might rationalize the cost to entertainment ratio:

Let's say that you go to the movies and that costs about $13 a ticket. Now lets say you take a date (most don't like to go alone) that's another $13. Add in some popcorn or a drink, maybe some candy and your night will easily cost you as much or more than a regular MOTUC figure. For that $30+ you get an hour and a half of "entertainment". Once the movie is over, you leave the theater with nothing tangible, only memories that you can enjoy and share with others.

Now I could go on about how much of a waste of money it is to go to the movies and how I think the cost to entertainment ratio does not justify the cost of admission and that you should donate it to someone who needs it, but I realize that some people think that the "entertainment" they get from the movies is more than enough to justify the cost. Since I realize this, I do not try to tell people that the way they decide to spend their money on "entertainment" is wrong, all while insisting that they donate it instead because I disapprove of their methods of entertainment or think it is a waste.

Sure I don't NEED to destroy my toys, but I WANT to! It's enjoyable to me!

Sure YOU don't NEED to collect these toys, but YOU WANT to! It's enjoyable to YOU!

You see how that works?

I am paying for my toys, just like you! I enjoy my toys, just like you! Personally, I don't find it too hard to understand this. Why is it acceptable to spend money on these figures to "collect" instead of donating them, but it is not acceptable to spend money on these figures to "destroy" instead of donating them? On top of that, why are people so compelled to suggest I donate them as if I am a bad person because I am not donating, all while implying that they are a better person because they "would" donate them. If you "really cared" about kids not having toys, you will donate your toys INSTEAD of telling me to donate mine!

Oh, forgot to answer your other question. The figures I will be destroying are the haves on my sale/trade thread. The link is in my sig.
    So out of your haves & "Future" haves you are going to be destroying all of these?

HAVES:
    She-Ra
    Bow
    Catra
    Star Sisters
    Slush Head
    Icarius
    Megator

FUTURE HAVES:
    Cy-Chop
    Fang Man
    Frosta
    Netossa
    Fighting Foe Men
    Octavia
    Karatti
    I could use all of the future haves as well as your Bow BUT I don't have anything off of your list and I don't have a sub and don't want one so I see this as a lose because you could get rid of them and someone (like me) that needs them could get them and I never said to "give" them away here it justs seems like yes you paid for them and you can do what you want with them BUT if someone can benefit by adding them to their collection via trade or $ then you would still rather destroy them?

I make good money and was taught not to waste anything so this is my point it would be a waste to destroy something as cool as MOTUC.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    Fire up the grill and serve them 'well done'.
    This is my vote. Extra ketchup, please. Hold the mayo.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

Okay i have a few,
    Tie a string to its hands and feet, attach to two cars rear bumpers and 1/4 them out medieval style.
    Attach a gopro camera to it, then a bunch of helium balloons and see if you can launch the first Motuc into space,Marlena would be good choice for this!
    BB guns are for kids, Step it up to a 50 cal or a 44magnum.
    shoot one with a cross bow or compound bow.
    blow torch
    M80

Where are the pics? Where is the video? I'm starting to think this is just a "look at me, look at me everyone!!" Thread. In fact I know it is...a true Master of toy Destruction would destroy first and post pictures later. Another pointless waste of a thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Evilestwarrior View Post
    Where are the pics? Where is the video? I'm starting to think this is just a "look at me, look at me everyone!!" Thread. In fact I know it is...a true Master of toy Destruction would destroy first and post pictures later. Another pointless waste of a thread...
    That's cool. I like your attempt at reverse psychology, but it's not needed.

I have a 6 day a week full time job and a 20 month old son to take care of so I cant just destroy them any time I want. Also, since I don't have an endless supply of motuc figs, I want to make sure that every destruction counts... that's why I made this "pointless" thread, to get good ideas! This isn't a "look at me" thread, because there isn't anything to look at yet!

Hold your horses, bucko!

Heroic Warrior
    run them over
    throw shuriken at them
    give them to dog as a chew toy
    try to slice them in half using a katana
    stuff them in tailpipe of your car and gun the gas
    cook them on a backyard BBQ
    put them all in a pillowcase and smash them against the floor

The whole thing just sounds incredibly childish to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sgmilne View Post
    The whole thing just sounds incredibly childish to me.
    And you would be correct!

Quote Originally Posted by isic View Post
    And you would be correct!
    Again no answer?

Guys, let's please not start a back-and-forth on this.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I think you should plan out an action sequence in photos like a comic. You can always photoshop in some lasers hitting said character and then blow them to smithereens with a carefully installed explosive charge glued in the back or side of the torso. You can then go back and reread yer 'comic strip' over and over again. That would put you in the same category as amateur movie directors of sorts with storyboards.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Peel them off until you find black plastic.