Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 55$ two pack speculation thread

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar

55$ two pack speculation thread

Hey guys!
    any idea what could this famous two pack be?
    Horde troopers? (i'm not expecting them at all now the FFM were release as a big 2013 Horde faction.)
    Skeleton soldiers? battle lion? Molkron?Clawdeen?..
    i'd love to know how you feel about that.

It's going to be Horde Troopers. No speculation needed on this one.

really?what makes you so sure?

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Maybe it will be a Horde Trooper/Skeletor Robot 2 pack...

This was posted by Toyguru during the subscription drive:

We have more POP, NA, Filmation Snake Men, Horde Members and an Army Builder pack fans have been asking for for years now all waiting on the green light for 2013.
    I'm 99% certain it's going to be Horde Troopers. They are definitely at the top of the army builder list.

Horde Troopers are definitely favourites. What other army builder have fans been asking for "for years"? I can only think of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    This was posted by Toyguru during the subscription drive:

I'm 99% certain it's going to be Horde Troopers. They are definitely at the top of the army builder list.

I have to agree, they fit too well, and they are on the top of everyone's want list. It would TOTALLY stun me if it was New Adventures Flogg's Troopers or something else other than Horde Troopers at this point.

okay...I gladly let you win!

Heroic Podcaster
    Much as I love this idea, I wish we MOC collectors were getting a single carded Horde Trooper. They look great on the wall and it's gettig tough finding room for the big boxes - BattleCat, Panthor, Marlena (x2), Orko, Gygar, Shadow Beast, Tytus, Megator, Castle Guard, Snake Men, Ram Man on his way...not to mention Procrustus and Granymyr! And I don't even have a Wind Raider...yet. :P

Maybe in the future. I still think they could make a mint repackaging existing figures in a different way to sell to us MOC collectors, fools that we may be - Kronis, Stinkor/Fisto/Whiplash/etc with 200X head, Man-E-Faces with different faces showing, both Snake Men, both Palace Guards, Mer-Man with cardback head, etc.
    Angella - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - FLUTTERINA! - Flying Fists He-Man
    Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma - RIO BLAST!
    Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

I think it has to the Horde Troopers. The hints Scott through out during the sub rush and that it only makes sense. They are the most heavily utilized army in the Classics minis and Hordak needs his army.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I have to agree, they fit too well, and they are on the top of everyone's want list. It would TOTALLY stun me if it was New Adventures Flogg's Troopers or something else other than Horde Troopers at this point.
    By the way Replikor...i'd kill for watching your tutorial video about "how fixing reversed arms/forearms"

It's not necessarily Horde Troopers. People have been asking for various army builders for years.
    Then again, they could be next year, and the army builder he was talking about--but as a single carded, monthly figure, with the 2-pack slot going to something else.
    Or maybe it simply is a Horde Trooper two pack. Who can guess these things anymore?

Personally I would like to see Avion warriors or Mer-Men.

Horde Troopers...

With parts to make GENERAL SUNDER.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

As much as I would LOVE for the Rock Warriors to come out in a two/three pack, the $55 pack for 2013 has really got to be the Horde Troopers. If not, I really feel like a lot of people who reluctantly subscribed (and subscribed multiple times) are giong to feel duped by the "most requested army builder" remark....not that we all haven't felt duped by other things that Toy Guru has said and then conveniently clarified later on.....

With the Power Con walk through, I really think TG would like to name drop who is coming in the line, but "Legal" wont let him, but there is no problem with him saying things like Icarius needs a partner or another POP lady is on the way. So, I think this is the closest he can get to saying the Horde Troopers are coming, without actually saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    By the way Replikor...i'd kill for watching your tutorial video about "how fixing reversed arms/forearms"
    aww man!! I hate gettin old... I COMPLETELY forgot about that.

Thanks for the reminder bud.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I also believe that we'll get a Horde Troopers 2 pack... I guess they could do a Human Horde Trooper (a la General Sundar) and a Robot Horde Trooper (like the vintage toy). A General Sundar head hidden in the package would be a nice surprise!

As for the Comet Warriors, I pretty much doubt we'll see them... They would probably require too much tooling for a $55 pack. I would have loved a Rock People 3 pack but with all the protests due to The Star Sisters or Fighting Foe Men packs, I don't believe this will ever happen

Another unexpected but highly wanted multipack would be a Hover bots 2 pack. This could surprise everyone and would match the description of "most wanted army builder"...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Well Skeletor's robot knights have been requested for a while, but the two pack price, based on the new prices would be $50.00 even, so since it's $55.00 I'd say it's likely to be Horde Troopers with major goodies. I'd say it's not the knights, unless maybe they're not full figure size, and we get three of them (or more).

The Horde Trooper logic is sound, I'd say. There are others that people have been asking for, but I can think of so many cool options for Horde Troopers that would drive the price to that range, so it makes sense.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Odds are good that it is the Horde Troopers, but I think we cannot discount the possibility of a Skeletor robot pack with 4 robots, perhaps. I know people have assumed since Scott made the comments that it was Horde Troopers, but it might not be, as Skeletor's robots have been fan demanded.

If I were running things, I'd put Horde Troopers in the first half of 2014 as part of the SDCC reveals in order to generate subscription interest and release Skeletor's Robots this year.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Odds are good that it is the Horde Troopers, but I think we cannot discount the possibility of a Skeletor robot pack with 4 robots, perhaps. I know people have assumed since Scott made the comments that it was Horde Troopers, but it might not be, as Skeletor's robots have been fan demanded.

If I were running things, I'd put Horde Troopers in the first half of 2014 as part of the SDCC reveals in order to generate subscription interest and release Skeletor's Robots this year.
    precisely what i would too...I mean,come on,we have a stunning year coming up and the Castle Grayskull pre-order option is simply
    the ice on the top of the cake.
    let's not waste our chances to pursue this amazing journey a bit further.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I'm hoping for TONS of Horde Troopers to be coming my way in 2013!!!!!!! I would be shocked if it was not Troopers based on Toyguru's comments.

Heroic Warrior
    I would love to see the Horde Troopers but $55 sounds steep if it's a two pack. The Eternian Guards are $44 and you get loads of accessories. I'm thinking it will be Skeletor's robots. Probably will be a 3 or 4 pack since they will be smaller figures. I prefer the Horde Troopers but will be happy either way.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Horde Troopers are definitely favourites. What other army builder have fans been asking for "for years"? I can only think of them.
    Horde Troopers, Horde Wraiths and Robot Knights since 2008. Fans want the Horde Troopers the most, but TG has a habit of zeroing in on a really obscure character that SOMEONE asked for (see The Justice Guild for JLU and Fighting Foe Men for this line).

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    I'm still hoping it's Wedding Day He-Man and Frosta.