Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 55$ two pack speculation thread

Quote Originally Posted by cringer75 View Post
    I would love to see the Horde Troopers but $55 sounds steep if it's a two pack. The Eternian Guards are $44 and you get loads of accessories. I'm thinking it will be Skeletor's robots. Probably will be a 3 or 4 pack since they will be smaller figures. I prefer the Horde Troopers but will be happy either way.
    The $44 for the Palace Guards is based on the current price. Any two pack of regular sized figures would be $55 day of next year.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    I want a gazillion horde troopers but those skeletor robot knights kick major ass as well.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I would agree with most people here and say that the Horde Troopers are the 2-pack. Being a huge Horde fan - I'm totally fine with that.

Keep in mind scott said "...Horde AND army builder fans will be happy"

That And could mean those two are not related... But i do hope it is Horde Troopers.

If not i do love the idea of the Rock men two pack

I'm thinking Horde Troopers as well. Hopefully they'll be 2 of the same one with the vintage weapon, 200x sword, and FM laser rod. Were there any other weapons they had?

It would also be nice if they had parts to make General Sunder & Colonel Blast since their armours were very similar.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

I would be totally jazzed for Horde Troopers... But if I could make a wish, it'd be Modulok and Multibot packed out as Mega-Beast. They work as an army builder! ...kinda....

I hope it's two Icers, one solid and one translucent. Oh and with 4 heads each with a different expression: Happy Icer, Sad Icer, Bashful Icer and Sexy Blue Steel Icer!!!.....come on Mattel it's like printing money $$$
    Make Filmation Clawful. Come on, he's like a totally different character!

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    really?what makes you so sure?
    Scott allready stated the day before the 2013 subscription cut off that the $50.00 Sub sku ($55.00 day of sale) is an army Builder two pack. He also stated it's the most fan demanded army builder two pack of all time which makes it the Horde Troopers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cringer75 View Post
    I would love to see the Horde Troopers but $55 sounds steep if it's a two pack. The Eternian Guards are $44 and you get loads of accessories. I'm thinking it will be Skeletor's robots. Probably will be a 3 or 4 pack since they will be smaller figures. I prefer the Horde Troopers but will be happy either way.
    $44.00 was 2011 prices 2013 the figures are $25.00 for sub holders and $27 for day of sale so a Horde trooper two pack in the 2013 sub will be $50.00 for subscribers but $55.00 for day of sale.

It's probably Horde Troopers.

But, here's a thought: how about a 2-pack of Tuvar and Badros, and they come with a third torso able to support two heads. Take one arm & leg and the head of each figure and place them on the third torso: Two-Bad! (Also comes with shield, mace, and a big blaster.)
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I have never even seen a vintage Horde Trooper in the flesh(plastic). I really want this 2 pack and a 1 pack just wouldn't seem right. For me a 2 pack would be the only way to go. If it were a 1 pack it would be the first figure I would by doubles of. the horsemen are clever and I think that they will make enough options for people to have them look either very similar or different from one another. At this point I think I would want them to be pretty similar unless they wow and surprise me with something sweet which they tend to do. I wish I could have them now. I don't like waiting,

check out m'art:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...m%2Fgallery%2F

I don't think a Horde Trooper 2 pack will have Sunder parts. I think Sunder will be a separate figure.

Here's why: Scott gets things approved more easily if he can show that something will be reused (think of the Snake Man with the Rattlor body). The Troopers are pretty much 100% tooling, BUT if Scott can come to them and say we can get an extra figure out of this down the line with just a new head and chest piece, maybe even a Hordak variant as well...well, look at it from a strictly capitalist perspective.

Can't wait to get this. I never had a Horde Trooper as a kid so I will be ecstatic to finally have a version of them.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    I personally think it will be a Horde Trooper 2pk, BUT what we need is either a seperate helmet or helmet with an attachment for He-mans hair, as i would love to have a he-man/tropper figure when he infiltrated the fright zone.

Also with the rock people as a 2pk id rather see a 3pk of either the rock people or a 3pk of the movie masters. Still so many more figures to come.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

well whatever it is, we are only a couple days away from the announcement for it.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope, Horde Troopers are on their way.

Hordak, Leech, Mosquitor and Grizzlor will be lonley on my shelf.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    well whatever it is, we are only a couple days away from the announcement for it.
    Whats this, in a few days, i thought it would be next month at NYCC or toy fair whatever its called.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I hope it's Stonedar and Rokkon, supposedly Toyguru's favorite MOTU characters! I only need 1 set of them, unlike Horde Troopers.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Court Magician OptimusOfGrayskull's Avatar
    Same or tweaked?

Question: Would you like your 2-pack of Horde trooper figures to be exactly the same, or would you like some variation between them?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimusOfGrayskull View Post
    Same or tweaked?

Question: Would you like your 2-pack of Horde trooper figures to be exactly the same, or would you like some variation between them?
    The same!

I'm fine if there are extra accessories that you can add on to tweak them (extra helmets, etc.) but I think it's absolute must that you are able to make two identical troopers out of it.

If not, it's lost my interest. I'll still get one or two - but I'm not going to buy a ton of them just to make a small army and get stuck with a ton of extras I do not want. I have no interest in aquatic troopers, or whatever.

If they are identical (or you can at least make two identical ones out of the pack ins) I'll buy at least 4 or 5 packs to begin with, and probably more over time. But if not...one, max two packs.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    Keep in mind scott said "...Horde AND army builder fans will be happy"

That And could mean those two are not related... But i do hope it is Horde Troopers.

If not i do love the idea of the Rock men two pack
    With the reveal of Octavia, that accounts for a Horde member, so the 2 pack could still be Horde Troopers. If this happens, then Scott's statement is still true.

I'd say a Horde Trooper 2-pack (one clean and one with some battle damage). Skeletor's hover robots would be my distant second guess.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    It will either be the Horde Troopers or a He-Man vs Skeletor two pack.

Nevertheless, it blows that they wait until prices are higher to do the Horde, because there is no way I can afford to buy multiples of it.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    or a He-Man vs Skeletor two pack.
    Yeah, that'll definitely be the army-builder two-pack.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Modulok is a reasonable assumption. He comes with enough parts for two figures, plus some extra parts that could be reused for Multibot.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxandar View Post
    Modulok is a reasonable assumption. He comes with enough parts for two figures, plus some extra parts that could be reused for Multibot.
    Yes but TG has already said it will be a army builder set, so it won't be Modulock in this case.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!