Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Buy a Wind Raider" day?

"Buy a Wind Raider" day?

Okay, so most of us really want more vehicles, especially the Battle Ram and separate additional Sky Sleds. But as long as there´s still stock of the Wind Raider and we´ve been told over and over again that stocks must clear before producing a new vehicle, shall we plan for a "Buy a Wind Raider" day?
    I know that the coming months are expensive as is, but I think 5 or 6 weeks from now on, each week setting aside 10 Dollars (or Euros for us European fans), many folks should have saved enough money to get another Wind Raider - or their first one. Its definetly worth it, we know that
    I´d say let´s try it. Who´s with me?
    Positivity, folks!
    Let´s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

I still plan to pick up a Windraider, but the end of the year is getting TIGHT financially. Somehow, 2012 really got backloaded with MOTUC stuff. Even worse, I'm a Transformers collector, and a LOT of great Transformers Classics/Universe/Generations product is just about to drop too. On top of that, I've got to get at least a few gifts for my family for the winter holidays. I've been selling off my MOTU 200X collection to stretch my dollars further, but sales are slow going.
    Wolfman Jake

I was actually planning to pick up a second one too, so you may as well count me in! In part because I’d like to see more vehicles in the line but also cos I normally don’t open my toys, but on this occasion I obviously can’t even see it cos the Wind Raider is completely boxed up! So I’m keen to have a second for display purposes. Plus my son really loves He-Man as well and has a small collection of loose Classics that he’s always playing with, so could potentially pick up a third.

I have a feeling I’ll be ordering more than one Castle Grayskull too.

After talking to Scott quite a bit at the convention, I might have use for another Wind Raider. He told me about Spector's vehicle, and he described as a hovercraft that has an open canopy (which would be contained by a force shield when it travels through time), and on the dashboard it has a spot for his Cosmic Key to plug in. He said it would sort of look like a Wind Raider without the wings. And Scott was so cool and fun to talk to, that I might have to make a custom TIME RAIDER for Spector to pilot.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

I'm in ! I need 2 others !

I tried to do my best to support this idea already and purchased two WindRaiders (bought one in 2011 when it was originally on sale and bought one more this summer). I would be definitely willing to buy one more if the box was signed by Rudy Obrero himself. Unfortunatelly I do not currently have any time to attend conferences as I am finishing my studies and have lots of work with that.
    Any chance Mattel can call Rudy to write his signature on the boxes and sell it on Matty?

... but I will think about it. DJ Force, do you have any specific date in mind for the WindRaider day?

I allready got 3 and selling 2 of them
    I have the real power!

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

Widget
    i have 2 and don't really think i need another. who knows i may get another next year.

I buy two of every MOTUC item and already have two Wind Raiders.
    However, I still would buy third one if enough people join in on buy a Wind Raider day. The Battle Ram is way too important! It just has to be made. I'll do everything I can to support it.
    Awesome sticker included!

Yeah, so I gave it another thought or two and I guess with the very expensive rest of this year, we shouldn´t start the BAWR-Day until next year. But, people can already start saving money so it will not come as a surprise then
    Positivity, folks!
    Let´s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I purchased all I need/ want when they first went on sale. I really don't need/ want any more. Sorry.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Yeah, so I gave it another thought or two and I guess with the very expensive rest of this year, we shouldn´t start the BAWR-Day until next year. But, people can already start saving money so it will not come as a surprise then
    Agree with this. Next year has much less product, so it will be easier to come up with the moola to grab another Raider.

I'm in.

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    I personally have no room left for a second Wind Raider. I've already devoted three display cases and a huge shelf to my collection. Not to mention There is a Castle Grayskull statue, official MOTUC Castle Grayskull playset, and unofficial Fortress of Power playset coming next year.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I've already got an opened and unopened Wind Raider, so I have no need for another one.

Not to mention they are charging $44 for an item that is just left over stock from when it was $40.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Save your money for a castle grayskull. We're gonna need it all the help we can get

- - - Updated - - -

Save your money for a castle grayskull. We're gonna need it all the help we can get

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisware View Post
    Agree with this. Next year has much less product, so it will be easier to come up with the moola to grab another Raider.

I'm in.
    I think I'm in this camp as well. I'll be down for another, but probably not till next year. After seeing MasterEnglish's black WR at Power-Con, I might try to custom one myself. Maybe red or gray or something. Who knows??
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

sign me up, as I plan to buy a second one to make Webstors Filmation evil "spider" wind raider

I love the idea but I already bought 3 Wind Raiders. I also bought 7 subs to support the line and can't afford to buy things like extra Wind Raiders for the same reason. But I hope this venture is a success!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I bought one Wind Raider and that's all they'll get from me! Mattel is getting enough money from me with their 2013 subscription and.......CASTLE GRAYSKULL!!!
    It's Mattel's dumb fault for not offering a pre-order for these vehicles. I'm sure they sold tons of these things,but are just getting greedy and wanting you to buy their back stock too! I REALLY want the Battle Ram too,but not at the expense of being a sucker and giving them more of my hard earned money on something I already bought! PLEASE!!!
    Last edited by TITAN; September 29, 2012 at 03:26pm.

I would support this idea as well, i need a second one.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't plan on buying another WR because I already have one, so I feel I showed my support for a great vehicle. What I am surprised is that not as many people supported a WR as we thought. Sure, we all wanted a Battle Ram first, and I can honestly say that the original WR in the toy line or media was probably my least favorite in the majority of MOTUdom, But is there another vehicle that is as iconic as the Battle Ran than WR? Maybe Talon Fighter, and that's more because of Point Dread. And what does the popularity of of the WR say for us getting other vehicles? I think the chances are slim to none that we see a Land Shark or a Laser Bolt. Matbe Mattel should start making new Fighting Foe Men figures based off of all the vehicles we ain't getting.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I've already got an opened and unopened Wind Raider, so I have no need for another one.

Not to mention they are charging $44 for an item that is just left over stock from when it was $40.
    I hadn't thought of this way. its not like new WR are being made . So why the price increase? Could just as easily drop the price a few dollars to make it more tempting especially right now with the quantity of items being offered and Granamy and the upcoming preorder for Castle Grayskull. They should make the WR about $30.00 until it totally sells out.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Yeah its cool, but I dont even want 1. I wanna put that 40 bucks to Grayskull, in hopes it "over performs" so that we can get to Snake Mountain..... ya know..... the good stuff!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Count me in! I was planning on purchasing a second one anyway.
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post

Charging $44? On my screen it says they are charging $50 for a Windraider, which is absolutely ridiculous.

I have no use for another Windraider. I will be saving my money for a Granamyr and a Castle Grayskull.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210