Thread: "Buy a Wind Raider" day?

Hybrid View

"Buy a Wind Raider" day?

Okay, so most of us really want more vehicles, especially the Battle Ram and separate additional Sky Sleds. But as long as there´s still stock of the Wind Raider and we´ve been told over and over again that stocks must clear before producing a new vehicle, shall we plan for a "Buy a Wind Raider" day?
    I know that the coming months are expensive as is, but I think 5 or 6 weeks from now on, each week setting aside 10 Dollars (or Euros for us European fans), many folks should have saved enough money to get another Wind Raider - or their first one. Its definetly worth it, we know that
    I´d say let´s try it. Who´s with me?
    Positivity, folks!
    Let´s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

I still plan to pick up a Windraider, but the end of the year is getting TIGHT financially. Somehow, 2012 really got backloaded with MOTUC stuff. Even worse, I'm a Transformers collector, and a LOT of great Transformers Classics/Universe/Generations product is just about to drop too. On top of that, I've got to get at least a few gifts for my family for the winter holidays. I've been selling off my MOTU 200X collection to stretch my dollars further, but sales are slow going.
    Wolfman Jake

I was actually planning to pick up a second one too, so you may as well count me in! In part because I’d like to see more vehicles in the line but also cos I normally don’t open my toys, but on this occasion I obviously can’t even see it cos the Wind Raider is completely boxed up! So I’m keen to have a second for display purposes. Plus my son really loves He-Man as well and has a small collection of loose Classics that he’s always playing with, so could potentially pick up a third.

I have a feeling I’ll be ordering more than one Castle Grayskull too.

After talking to Scott quite a bit at the convention, I might have use for another Wind Raider. He told me about Spector's vehicle, and he described as a hovercraft that has an open canopy (which would be contained by a force shield when it travels through time), and on the dashboard it has a spot for his Cosmic Key to plug in. He said it would sort of look like a Wind Raider without the wings. And Scott was so cool and fun to talk to, that I might have to make a custom TIME RAIDER for Spector to pilot.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

I'm in ! I need 2 others !

I tried to do my best to support this idea already and purchased two WindRaiders (bought one in 2011 when it was originally on sale and bought one more this summer). I would be definitely willing to buy one more if the box was signed by Rudy Obrero himself. Unfortunatelly I do not currently have any time to attend conferences as I am finishing my studies and have lots of work with that.
    Any chance Mattel can call Rudy to write his signature on the boxes and sell it on Matty?

... but I will think about it. DJ Force, do you have any specific date in mind for the WindRaider day?

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    Yeah money is tight here as well at Least until the 1st of the year. I'll be getting a second wind raider to customize but it won't be until then
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Given some expenses my wife and I have been having lately, and some other recreational things (i.e. DVDs, Blu-Rays, video games, and collectibles.... plus Christmas shopping coming up) that I am putting money towards, buying any additional Wind Raiders is even more out of the question than it normally would be.

But even if these things weren't issues, I still likely wouldn't get another. I already have one from when it originally went on sale, and that's all I need. I have no problems buying multiples of some figures/items when I have specific reasons for wanting more than one, but I am not going to spend a lot of extra money to buy multiples of something that I don't want multiples of in an attempt to cause more items to get produced down the road.

For one thing there is no guarantee that it will work (even if I buy a few extra, there may not be enough total overall sales to make a difference), and I just kind of feel that as much as I do want more product, including vehicles, I shouldn't have to artificially pad the numbers just to get them. If there's not enough support to get those further items made, it sucks, and I may even end up being very very disappointed in some cases (more so if we don't get certain figures before the line ends rather than vehicles... though I still would like more vehicles if possible), but it is what it is. In a round-about way, me buying tons of extra stuff that I don't want is sort of like paying that much more for a future vehicles. So buying 2 or 3 extra Wind Raiders would be like paying an additional $100 to $150 (plus tax and shipping) for a future vehicles on top of whatever it will actually cost. No offense, but no thanks.

If I were to win a multi-million dollar jackpot in the lotto, I would be more inclined to "support the cause" in this manner, but otherwise it's just not going to happen.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I have 3 already, but would be down to buy another to support this good idea and in hopes that we could get a Battle Ram in 2013!!!!!

This is a positive idea and if the 'day' was to occur in early 2013 I may support it by adding to the 2 Wind Raiders I already own. However, I don't need another Wind Raider.

The only reason for me to participate would be to help clean out Mattel's warehouse and open the way for another vehicle.

However, at this stage I feel the best thing we fans can do to help Toyguru argue for production of additional vehicles is to support the Castle Grayskull pre-order. My hope is that if the pre-order is successful, Mattel may choose to adopt the same approach for MOTU vehicles. I do think there would be support in a pre-order for the Collector, Battle Ram (and Sky Sled), Roton and maybe even a Horde Tank. Long shots IMO would be Attak Trak (which I love) and Talon Fighter.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I'm down to buy another. I don't think I can open my WR now that Rudy Obrero has signed it. Just give me a date.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    if the 'day' was to occur in early 2013
    Prices are slated to increase very significantly on New Year's Day. Figures sold originally for $20, and the Wind Raider for $45. With 2012's 10% increase, they're now at $22 and $50, respectively. 2013's price will be $27 for figures (35% increase with respect to their original price), and correspondingly the Wind Raider's price will jump to some $60.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

As cool as that awesome Manta Raider looks. I'm not seeing it for $57.00. It's killer and I understand that with lower production comes higher cost. I mean I do collect and have since it's inception 2 subs of MOTUC. But then I come to thinking for $50 bucks I might at well get another Wind Raider. Again not taking anything away from Joe and Rudy and I do hope they sell out. I'm just kinda thinking out loud.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

A sale for the Wind Raider gets us closer to a Battle Ram

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    This....

Though frankly I'd prefer a Talon Fighter now that Grayskull is in the wings.... I'll admit I thought the manta raider was cool looking.... but I never heard THAT price tag attached to it

"I" couldn't justify it myself....

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Nothing's a given.. Heck I thought that thing was sold out twice over already. I wouldn't hold my breath the way Mattel throws those carrots out there . The Manta Raider on the other hand will probably be one of if not the most valuable thing in your collection over time.

By all means don't get it because I need one!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

OK, so given the possibility that the Wind Raider could go up in price in 2013, let's do the "Buy a Wind Raider Day" soon! I already said October 6th, but I'm willing to wait a few more days. I just want to get mine by Christmas. If you guys decide on a date later than that, then I'm just going to order it soon. I do want to help the cause, but I don't want to wait too long.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I do plan on buying another WR. But don't you guys think Matty will have another Black Friday or Cyber Monday in which items such as the WR might be at least 10% off or even better possibly 30% off? This is what I'm waiting for. Maybe if it does go on sale and we know about it. We could set a date for one of those 4 days after Thankgiving. Just an idea.....