Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Buy a Wind Raider" day?

I already have three, more than enough for me!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    Yeah money is tight here as well at Least until the 1st of the year. I'll be getting a second wind raider to customize but it won't be until then
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Given some expenses my wife and I have been having lately, and some other recreational things (i.e. DVDs, Blu-Rays, video games, and collectibles.... plus Christmas shopping coming up) that I am putting money towards, buying any additional Wind Raiders is even more out of the question than it normally would be.

But even if these things weren't issues, I still likely wouldn't get another. I already have one from when it originally went on sale, and that's all I need. I have no problems buying multiples of some figures/items when I have specific reasons for wanting more than one, but I am not going to spend a lot of extra money to buy multiples of something that I don't want multiples of in an attempt to cause more items to get produced down the road.

For one thing there is no guarantee that it will work (even if I buy a few extra, there may not be enough total overall sales to make a difference), and I just kind of feel that as much as I do want more product, including vehicles, I shouldn't have to artificially pad the numbers just to get them. If there's not enough support to get those further items made, it sucks, and I may even end up being very very disappointed in some cases (more so if we don't get certain figures before the line ends rather than vehicles... though I still would like more vehicles if possible), but it is what it is. In a round-about way, me buying tons of extra stuff that I don't want is sort of like paying that much more for a future vehicles. So buying 2 or 3 extra Wind Raiders would be like paying an additional $100 to $150 (plus tax and shipping) for a future vehicles on top of whatever it will actually cost. No offense, but no thanks.

If I were to win a multi-million dollar jackpot in the lotto, I would be more inclined to "support the cause" in this manner, but otherwise it's just not going to happen.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I have 3 already, but would be down to buy another to support this good idea and in hopes that we could get a Battle Ram in 2013!!!!!

This is a positive idea and if the 'day' was to occur in early 2013 I may support it by adding to the 2 Wind Raiders I already own. However, I don't need another Wind Raider.

The only reason for me to participate would be to help clean out Mattel's warehouse and open the way for another vehicle.

However, at this stage I feel the best thing we fans can do to help Toyguru argue for production of additional vehicles is to support the Castle Grayskull pre-order. My hope is that if the pre-order is successful, Mattel may choose to adopt the same approach for MOTU vehicles. I do think there would be support in a pre-order for the Collector, Battle Ram (and Sky Sled), Roton and maybe even a Horde Tank. Long shots IMO would be Attak Trak (which I love) and Talon Fighter.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I'm down to buy another. I don't think I can open my WR now that Rudy Obrero has signed it. Just give me a date.

I have two.

And I will be buying 3-4 MORE when money allows, hopefully at the end of the month!

I want 4-5 for an armory building set. My dream is to have a permanent diorama with lights and custom structures, etc. The remaining Wind Raider is going to be a christmas gift for my nephew, who loves the MOTUC figures I bought him for his birthday (He-Man, Battle Cat, Skeletor, Trap Jaw, and Tri Klops). Besides the Wind Raider, he is also getting Panthor, MAA, MEF, Stratos, and hopefully a couple of bad guys if we have any good second chance offers from Mattel before December!

If you can't tell, I really want to pass on my love for He-Man!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    if the 'day' was to occur in early 2013
    Prices are slated to increase very significantly on New Year's Day. Figures sold originally for $20, and the Wind Raider for $45. With 2012's 10% increase, they're now at $22 and $50, respectively. 2013's price will be $27 for figures (35% increase with respect to their original price), and correspondingly the Wind Raider's price will jump to some $60.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Well maybe after I get my my desired amount TOD Sorceress', how much damage I incur at the NYCC on things other than MOTU, after my Castle Grayskull pre-orders and all my responsibility expenses, I wouldn't mind getting more to have a squadron (since I already have 4), BUT this would be at a real leisure and with extra cash available.
    I understand that ideology (and for some blackmail) in why we should buy more but the Raider did well, it sold; maybe not in the per-speculated numbers Mattel wanted to believe they could do but it did initially sell for it's price point and the time period in which it did. And maybe if they helped others with c/s issues that might convince people that it would be actually worth buying more and even hoping for another vehicle (Eamon's 'RaiderGate for example)
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Let's propose a date and vote!

I propose the 22nd of November!

Heroic Warrior
    NOOOOO...fix frosta...move her release date to next spring...then maybe...if not...they can keep the over priced wind raider....RECALL

Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    Let's propose a date and vote!

I propose the 22nd of November!
    Think about how pricey the next 3 months are, even without the WR. I would shoot for the 15th of January 2013. That should give people enough time to save money (and sell their unwanted christmas gifts) and they could order the WR together with whatever else might come on that date.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

I'd love to pitch in on this, but I just went to part time at work to save on child care and so I can go back to school soon. Most of my money goes to the bills now, with barely room to support my regular MOTUC habit.

I think it's a great idea though!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I just bought a Wind Raider at Mid-Ohio Con for $40.

Good idea, but I already have 2. No room to really display more and not enough money to afford it anyway. They really fudged up the later part of this year's releases by cramming them all together.

Snappy Threader
    I'm in for that, just pick a day......

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternianghost View Post
    if not...they can keep the over priced wind raider....RECALL
    Overpriced? You obviously haven't had one anywhere within close range if you think this amazingly detailed item is overpriced.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

How cool would it be if Scott read this thread and tried to convince management to come up with the Wind Raider Pilot as a non-sub figure for the BAWR-day?
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    It's a great idea! I can't participate because I have to support my wife next year when she goes back to school and we still need a car this year which is going to be expensive. I subscribed to 2 MOTUC 2013 Club Eternia subs which is out of my budget but I did it anyway to help save the MOTUC line. I somehow have to try to sell all the duplicate figures I get next year. I'm hoping for the losses on figures like the fighting foe men will cut even on figures like Ram Man to not lose money on it and finding the time between 2 jobs to try to sell it.

I got 1 Wind Raider for Christmas last year and I love it. I really can't see why the Wind Raider didn't sell out yet because it truly is a masterpiece. There must be a really small group buying these? The Wind Raider is already for sale for several months and the chance of green lighting more vehicles after it sells out might be slim because of the duration of the sale. I still hope to see that Battle Ram made or at the very least the Sky Sleds!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    Save your money for a castle grayskull. We're gonna need it all the help we can get
    I have to agree with this! With the possibility of getting a Castle Grayskull, we shouldn't let this slip. imo any MOTU collection without a Castle Grayskull is incomplete. It is the most iconic piece to have, without Castle Grayskull there is no He-Man, only Prince Adam.
    Last edited by synthalus; October 3, 2012 at 10:03am.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

If they are still around in Dec, I may get one because unless there are re-releases there is nothing for me to get in Dec....so a Wind Raider is not out of the question....a year later.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Having bought two of these day 1 (and they are really worth the $$ for sure) I don't have space or need for anymore. I really think the best course of action is them doing pre orders for vehicles IF Grayskull succeeds. I also think the next possible vehicle should be the Sky Sled only, the battle ram is cool and all, but lets be honest most of us just want the sleds which would be far cheaper to produce and sell than the full ram would be, maybe if things go well they could eventually release the ram down the line so it could connect to the sled. Honestly though I think the line it self is in dire straights right now as is, if we even see 2014 is in serious question to me and I don't think people need to be buying Wind Raiders they don't want/need in the hopes that Mattel may make another vehicle down the road.
    http://www.DoomKick.com -Toys reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

Quote Originally Posted by DrRampageo View Post
    Having bought two of these day 1 (and they are really worth the $$ for sure) I don't have space or need for anymore. I really think the best course of action is them doing pre orders for vehicles IF Grayskull succeeds. I also think the next possible vehicle should be the Sky Sled only, the battle ram is cool and all, but lets be honest most of us just want the sleds which would be far cheaper to produce and sell than the full ram would be, maybe if things go well they could eventually release the ram down the line so it could connect to the sled. Honestly though I think the line it self is in dire straights right now as is, if we even see 2014 is in serious question to me and I don't think people need to be buying Wind Raiders they don't want/need in the hopes that Mattel may make another vehicle down the road.
    Good point about the Sky Sled. If they make just the Sky Sled and it sells really well, maybe it could lead into an actual Battle Ram!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Good point about the Sky Sled. If they make just the Sky Sled and it sells really well, maybe it could lead into an actual Battle Ram!
    Why not just sell the Sky Sled and the Battle Ram at the same time. Basically you could buy a complete Battle Ram and as many Sky Sleds as you want. Makes better sense production wise.

I celebrated Buy a Wind Raider Day back when the item was first offered. I'll celebrate again if they retool it to look like a Land Shark or something.