Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Buy a Wind Raider" day?

Quote Originally Posted by Bear-at-Arms View Post
    Why not just sell the Sky Sled and the Battle Ram at the same time. Basically you could buy a complete Battle Ram and as many Sky Sleds as you want. Makes better sense production wise.
    The point is the Sled would be much cheaper to produce and sell on its own. A small vehicle with little to no moving parts would cut down on tooling for mattel and make the price of the vehicle nice and small for us. For me the main reason to even want a battle ram is the sled anyway, and like I said if the sled did well (as I'm sure a cheap priced small vehicle would) it would be very easy for them to make a battle ram down the line that connects which would have a much easier time selling to a ton of people who already bought the sled. Everyone wins Mattel gets to make a ton of money, fans get the sled (a heavily used vehicle in the cartoon) and it shows we are interested in more vehicles much better than buying up extra wind raiders would ever do

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    I celebrated Buy a Wind Raider Day back when the item was first offered. I'll celebrate again if they retool it to look like a Land Shark or something.
    LOL!!! Heck I would even buy a second wind raider if they gave it a different deco preferably evil
    http://www.DoomKick.com -Toys reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

I really enjoy reading all your thoughts and creative ideas on different vehicles and such, but would you kindly step out of this thread with these ideas? This is for a potential Buy a Wind Raider day, not for thoughts on how cool the Sky Sled is.
    Thanks a million
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Heroic Warrior
    I already have one and, although I think it's really neat, I have no desire to army build them, so one is enough for me. Besides, I'm saving up for 'Buy a Granamyr Day' and 'Buy a Castle Grayskull Day' as it is.

Any chance exact date could be set? Let's decide and agree on a set day.

OK: I'll do the Buy a Wind Raider date thing, since I don't even have one. And I got the money to do so now. Can we do it soon?

How about Oct. 6?
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

A prelim date would be the 15th of January 2013. With the massive lot of toys coming in the next three months, thereīs slim chance most people who would be willing to participate in BAWR-day have the funds available to buy a WR.

For obvious reasons I want as many people as possible to take part, so Iīd rather give enough time to save the neccessary money. AND to "advertise" the BAWR-day
    Positivity, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    I really enjoy reading all your thoughts and creative ideas on different vehicles and such, but would you kindly step out of this thread with these ideas? This is for a potential Buy a Wind Raider day, not for thoughts on how cool the Sky Sled is.
    Thanks a million
    .............sure

A prelim date would be the 15th of January 2013. With the massive lot of toys coming in the next three months, thereīs slim chance most people who would be willing to participate in BAWR-day have the funds available to buy a WR.

For obvious reasons I want as many people as possible to take part, so Iīd rather give enough time to save the neccessary money. AND to "advertise" the BAWR-day
    A BAWR-day in 2013, when it's barely selling in 2012, would be a predictable failure. If there's going to be a BAWR-day, it needs to be before next year. For some reason, potential customers seem very reluctant to buy it at the present $50 pricepoint (some arguing it to be "overpriced"); so just imagine what will happen when its price jumps a staggering 20% to $60 come January 1 (supposing Matty keeps the "evergreen" section available past this year, to begin with, which I wouldn't totally count on).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Um, that would indeed suck.

Is there any official statement that the WR will be $60 next year? That would be $15 more than the initial pricepoint.

But still, letīs count the items left for this year:

October:

Frosta - $20
    Rattlor - $20
    Weapons Pak #3 - $18
    Cy-Chop - $20

Thatīs already $78 plus shipping. Twice as much for 2 subs (which I have) and even more for international shipping (which applies to me as well)
    And even more if you donīt have a sub and need to buy at day-of price.

November:

Dekker - $20
    Eternos Palace King Randor - $20
    Castle Grayskullman - $20

Thatīs $60. The "cheapest" month of the remaining three, but people will be already spending a lot of money on christmas gifts in November.

December:

Mosquitor - $20
    Procrustus - $40
    Granamyr - $80

Thatīs $140. Or $200 if you have 2 subs. $280 if you wanna have a second Granamyr to keep one MIB.

I see very slim chances that many people will have the funds to buy a WR in any of these months on top of their regular Matty order.

January would work, since itīs only 2 items, Netossa and Ram-Man. Actually, February would be even better, as there is only one item, namely Jitsu.
    And people might have gotten some money for christmas, which they could spend then.
    Think about it!
    Positivity, folks!

Is there any official statement that the WR will be $60 next year? That would be $15 more than the initial pricepoint.
    There's an official statement that the prices for all announced items in 2013 will come with a price increase in the 20%-25% range. The initial pricepoint for regular figures was $20, is now $22 and will be $27 from January onwards. That's a 35% jump from their initial pricepoint, so we'll be lucky if the WR jumps "only" a 33% to $60.

But still, letīs count the items left for this year: [...] I see very slim chances that many people will have the funds to buy a WR in any of these months on top of their regular Matty order.
    Yes, that's been a general problem this year: too many things released at the same time, especially aggravated this final quarter because of accumulated product delays. So people are stuck between a rock and a hard place: no budget left for a WR this year, but next year will be $10 more, so fat chance.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

As cool as that awesome Manta Raider looks. I'm not seeing it for $57.00. It's killer and I understand that with lower production comes higher cost. I mean I do collect and have since it's inception 2 subs of MOTUC. But then I come to thinking for $50 bucks I might at well get another Wind Raider. Again not taking anything away from Joe and Rudy and I do hope they sell out. I'm just kinda thinking out loud.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

A sale for the Wind Raider gets us closer to a Battle Ram

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    This....

Though frankly I'd prefer a Talon Fighter now that Grayskull is in the wings.... I'll admit I thought the manta raider was cool looking.... but I never heard THAT price tag attached to it

"I" couldn't justify it myself....

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Nothing's a given.. Heck I thought that thing was sold out twice over already. I wouldn't hold my breath the way Mattel throws those carrots out there . The Manta Raider on the other hand will probably be one of if not the most valuable thing in your collection over time.

By all means don't get it because I need one!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

OK, so given the possibility that the Wind Raider could go up in price in 2013, let's do the "Buy a Wind Raider Day" soon! I already said October 6th, but I'm willing to wait a few more days. I just want to get mine by Christmas. If you guys decide on a date later than that, then I'm just going to order it soon. I do want to help the cause, but I don't want to wait too long.

I do plan on buying another WR. But don't you guys think Matty will have another Black Friday or Cyber Monday in which items such as the WR might be at least 10% off or even better possibly 30% off? This is what I'm waiting for. Maybe if it does go on sale and we know about it. We could set a date for one of those 4 days after Thankgiving. Just an idea.....

I could very well live with that, Vlcan!
    Positivity, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    I do plan on buying another WR. But don't you guys think Matty will have another Black Friday or Cyber Monday in which items such as the WR might be at least 10% off or even better possibly 30% off? This is what I'm waiting for. Maybe if it does go on sale and we know about it. We could set a date for one of those 4 days after Thankgiving. Just an idea.....
    Yes, and it would be also nice (in case there is no Black Friday/Cyber Monday) if Mattel - knowing the date of the WR-day - would lower the price from 60 to 50 next year for one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    Yes, and it would be also nice (in case there is no Black Friday/Cyber Monday) if Mattel - knowing the date of the WR-day - would lower the price from 60 to 50 next year for one day.
    If anything they would bump it up to $65 if they knew a ton of people were planning on buying one

At $65 I would be SO out of this game. Itīs already $65 for me NOW, with international shipping added.
    Positivity, folks!

How about Oct. 12? 30th anniversary of MotU and all would make a nice date.

Anyway, I'm ordering the He-Man/Battlecat combo on sale that day AND the Wind Raider to combine and therefore lessen the shipping charge. If you guys wanna order the WR with me on that date, great, if not, oh well.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    The Wind Raider is indeed awesome (very possibly in the Top 10 of coolest MotU releases ever), and any MotU fan really does need one in their collection.

*ONE* being the operative word, here.

We've already gone down the road of buying extras of stuff we don't need to help the line (200x anyone?) and it didn't work then, and there's no compelling evidence that it would work now.

Just like with Castle Grayskull, Mattel just needs to bite the bullet and try to release the prestige items because it's just what you do if you want to run an "Adult Collector" line that will be taken at all seriously.

But yeah if you don't have one already, I couldn't recommend it more strongly.

I support the idea of Buy the Wind Raider day in early 2013, given the heavy load of MOTUC figures coming the next few months.

Could we ask Toyguru if Mattel would support the fan's concept of a BWR day by offering 2012 WR prices on that set day in January?
    If so, we should also ask Matty to link the BWR day with a normal sale day, to save fans shipping.

This would be a win-win. Fans get extra WRs, Matty clears his back shed of stock.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Thought I'd bring this back to life. If you don't have one get one. They"re only $35. Plus half off of shipping & 15% off final sale. I got another to display plus an extra Snout Spout. Got em both for $48 shipped. Cheap considering the retail price for WR is $55.(maybe it was $50) In any case great deals. So buy a WR b/c I want a Battle Ram & numerous other vehicles.

Snappy Threader
    I snagged one at the 35 dollar price point. Can't beat it. I hope they sell out fast now.