Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Masters of the Universe Digital Comic #6 - ORKO *SPOILERS*

For those that haven't seen/read it yet....just buy a bunch of Bazooka Bubble Gum, lay out the Bazooka Joe comic strips end-to-end, and this comic is the end-product.

lo...l?

I've spent a dollar on worse things I guess.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

For what it is, I found it fun and refreshing. It's an Orko comic, so that right out the gate means you can't take it seriously.
    My take is, just have fun with it.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Widget

No

I'm sorry, but no. I couldn't stand this one. If I could will it out of existence, I would. I couldn't get passed the art style or the cross over references. Just reading it irritated me. The Randor one was great. Even the Evil-Lyn one gave more depth to her character. This...I just...I don't know what to say.

I am sorry to ask stupid questions here (and bit off topic) - but I am completely new to digital comics stuff. I purchased the digital MOTU at DC Entertainment. Is there any way how I can save the comics to my computer or is it possible to view it only by logging in to DC website? How does this work?

At first I was like what ?

But then I was like what ?

First, let me start off by saying I am not a fan of Orko. He does not exist in my personal MOTU canon.

That said. This was hilarious! Kudos to the creative team for making me enjoy a book about my least favorite MoTU character..
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    This was a hilarious issue no doubt. However, the direction of this series is oxymoronic in terms of both style and content! Either too dark or too ubsurdly comical, too colorful or almost no color at all!
    That's not a bad thing. You've probably seen how extreme fan reactions on this board can be. On one hand you have "MoTU needs to grow up" crowd and others who want the more family friendly aspects of the franchise to remain at the forefront. I say they're taking the right approach. They're matching the tone of the comic with the character.
    Do you need to buy, sell or rent a home in Northern VA, then contact me at varealtor1@verizon.net

totally agree with this post!

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    First, let me start off by saying I am not a fan of Orko. He does not exist in my personal MOTU canon.

That said. This was hilarious! Kudos to the creative team for making me enjoy a book about my least favorite MoTU character..That's not a bad thing. You've probably seen how extreme fan reactions on this board can be. On one hand you have "MoTU needs to grow up" crowd and others who want the more family friendly aspects of the franchise to remain at the forefront. I say they're taking the right approach. They're matching the tone of the comic with the character.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

My thoughts:

a) This comic in a way was a little more of a grown up approach, because this issue insinuated that Orko may have caused havoc to the artifact on purpose (under the guise of his being undercover) when the Sorceress at the end tells Orko that she was basically (and I am paraphrasing here) getting too big for her britches and the mayhem Orko caused allowed her to see this.

b) I can understand why fans on here both loved and hated this comic. But I mean, this is ART! And art is totally subjective. As a one-off digital comic, artists at DC probably have a little more freedom than usual on this type of piece, and as such they're taking advantage of the rare opportunity to take chances that they normally wouldn't get to take.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    It begins with a stupid premise...Orko living in Castle Grayskull...thus destroying any hope of suspension of disbelief.

Poorly conceived and sloppily executed. Sure, it's only a dollar...but what a waste.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    It begins with a stupid premise...Orko living in Castle Grayskull...thus destroying any hope of suspension of disbelief.
    Yeah, 'cause accepting a little flying thing with no discernible body parts aside from hands and eyes that has magical properties is easy, but saying he lives in Grayskull just puts it over the top for believability.

Look closely at the cover. the left side of Orko's face, the tired looking eye. The torn robe... Hints at things to come?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythew View Post
    Look closely at the cover. the left side of Orko's face, the tired looking eye. The torn robe... Hints at things to come?
    I think so.

There's either a larger plot going here, where everything is still an alternate reality, or that digital mini comic was just a revelation of Gorpo / evil orko, or both. I think it's all related.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I think so.

There's either a larger plot going here, where everything is still an alternate reality, or that digital mini comic was just a revelation of Gorpo / evil orko, or both. I think it's all related.
    I'm not so sure...... To me, it just looks like 200X/Filmation Orkos which keeps with the theme of the book and all the alternate realities.....