Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (10/1/2012)

Hybrid View

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Oh, I wonder how hostile this batch of answers will be.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Fortunately, if we get a Grayskull, we won't need more small diorama pieces.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://www.elkkthunderstoyroom.com/2...q-for-101.html

It was a simple mistake and those "orders" were not "honored" because it is not fair to sub holders for a few accidental orders to trump them getting their figures first. Our customers are a smart bunch
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    The early listing of September Snakemen and DB Skeletor on Mattycollector was clearly a mistake, but seems to speak to the persistent problems with Digital River. How does this occur and why not honor orders placed?

It was a simple mistake and those "orders" were not "honored" because it is not fair to sub holders for a few accidental orders to trump them getting their figures first. Our customers are a smart bunch
    Since when does the definition of "not honored" mean "orders taken, completed and shipped out"?

Guess we all imagined those pictures posted by folks who thought they got their early orders in the mail?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Since when does the definition of "not honored" mean "orders taken, completed and shipped out"?

Guess we all imagined those pictures posted by folks who thought they got their early orders in the mail?
    Yes, I was one of those who received an order that they claimed wasn't honored. It's so odd they would make this obviously untruthful statement.

Heroic Warrior
    Actually, I have a feeling the opposite will be true - I don't see it coming with that many accessories like that, to keep the price down. If Grayskull goes through, and 2014 goes through, I have a feeling we will see a couple of add-on items in 2014. I think there is a decent profit margin on these for them, more so than a figure.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Actually, I have a feeling the opposite will be true - I don't see it coming with that many accessories like that, to keep the price down. If Grayskull goes through, and 2014 goes through, I have a feeling we will see a couple of add-on items in 2014. I think there is a decent profit margin on these for them, more so than a figure.
    I would love to see this. Depending on what they include (like the space suit the training spinner etc), there would be and still even if those are included would be a lot of possibilities. I am thinking that if Grayskull gets the green light (and probably even now in anticipation) that the Weapons Rack would and will sell quite well.

Wow, it seems that the answers are pretty slow coming in this month. I wonder why?
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    Wow, it seems that the answers are pretty slow coming in this month. I wonder why?
    That's a good question...a LOT of people don't have their Q&A's up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Probably not half as hostile or snarky as your pre-emptive attempt at bashing Scott/Mattel even before you've seen the replies!
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Probably not half as hostile or snarky as your pre-emptive attempt at bashing Scott/Mattel even before you've seen the replies!
    Quoted for truth! I don't want to single anyone out, but wouldn't it be better to at least approach these things with out a stack of negative preconceived notions? Isn't that the He-Mannish way?
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    Quoted for truth! I don't want to single anyone out, but wouldn't it be better to at least approach these things with out a stack of negative preconceived notions? Isn't that the He-Mannish way?
    That was so 80s.

One of these days I'll remember to submit mine.
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

I've only just noticed the Filmation Castle Grayskull is being used on the 30th Anniversary logo....

Yet it's the toy version the MOTUC toy will be based off... weird.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Heroic Warrior
    My understanding is that 2014 characters was locked but 2014 b- and c-characters while be replaced by a-list Vintage/PoP/NA/Filmation. That's all. So maybe three or four are so far in, with the rest swapped in. How many will be determined by sub sales.
    Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    My understanding is that 2014 characters was locked but 2014 b- and c-characters while be replaced by a-list Vintage/PoP/NA/Filmation. That's all. So maybe three or four are so far in, with the rest swapped in. How many will be determined by sub sales.
    This is good to know.

I was also going to add that probably only TG and upper management at Mattel only know now.

Regarding castle Grayskull, Scott said Mattel doesn't do playsets anymore not even for Batman. A new Batcave just came out so was this statement in regards to the future of playsets? I think Grayskull and certain other items should sell well but they need the resources. The new turtles sewer is awesome and if more sets were like itmorepeople would but I'in. Once NYCC comes and goes people will be buzzing about CG and it will hit goal. As long as they don't cheap out it will be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Regarding castle Grayskull, Scott said Mattel doesn't do playsets anymore not even for Batman. A new Batcave just came out so was this statement in regards to the future of playsets? I think Grayskull and certain other items should sell well but they need the resources. The new turtles sewer is awesome and if more sets were like itmorepeople would but I'in. Once NYCC comes and goes people will be buzzing about CG and it will hit goal. As long as they don't cheap out it will be epic.
    I didn't know a new batcave came out? I saw the Fisher Price/ toddler one but I haven't seen one for the new Brave and the Bold cartoon. Also isn't there a new Batman cartoon out too?
    I only have the last run of the Batman Returns\Animated Batcave. I kinda always wanted the Kenner original Tim Burton Batcave but I think the one I have is the best version.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Are you talking about Imaginext? We also have the Shield Helicarrier, which was in two sizes, in addition to the aforementioned TMNT Sewer Playset and possible Castle Grayskull.

Heroic Warrior
    As far as i know there is no Batcave Playset for the 6" DCUC/Batman Legacy/DC Unlimited/Batman Unlimited lines? If you are talking about the Imaginext line that is whole different ballgame.

Are you talking about Imaginext? We also have the Shield Helicarrier, which was in two sizes, in addition to the aforementioned TMNT Sewer Playset and possible Castle Grayskull.
    No the power attack line that is 6" scale. Its not overly detailed but it is in scale.

There is no reason the bio can't mention Netossa and "her partner" Spinnerella.

This would be both an excellent inclusive reference, but be generic enough to avoid issue. There've been ambiguous partners in kids' stories for years.
    Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Pollex Christi View Post
    There is no reason the bio can't mention Netossa and "her partner" Spinnerella.

This would be both an excellent inclusive reference, but be generic enough to avoid issue. There've been ambiguous partners in kids' stories for years.
    With all due respect, this kind of sexuality 'retconning' is exactly why I despised DC Comics turning Earth-2 GL homosexual. I have zero problem with the idea of gays as important characters in my comics, TV programs, or toys, but I do have a problem with companies turning gender neutral or already excepted as straight characters gay simply to be topical, generate sales, or be controversial. Create a new character(s) and designate them as Gay/Lesbian if it suites the storyline or more importantly the character, but don't retcon characters as gay, please. In some weird way I feel it does a huge disservice to that existing characters heritage, whatever that heritage may be.

In the case of much of the MOTU world gender preference is either assumed or completely unimportant, and with MOTUC I personally feel it should stay as it is/was- unimportant to the stories being told. In other words, don't preach to me about the importance of sexual diversity through the BIO's. We all see enough of this PC pablum in life. The last place I need to see it is artificially invested into my toys.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!