Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (10/1/2012)

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Oh, I wonder how hostile this batch of answers will be.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Fortunately, if we get a Grayskull, we won't need more small diorama pieces.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://www.elkkthunderstoyroom.com/2...q-for-101.html

It was a simple mistake and those "orders" were not "honored" because it is not fair to sub holders for a few accidental orders to trump them getting their figures first. Our customers are a smart bunch
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    The early listing of September Snakemen and DB Skeletor on Mattycollector was clearly a mistake, but seems to speak to the persistent problems with Digital River. How does this occur and why not honor orders placed?

It was a simple mistake and those "orders" were not "honored" because it is not fair to sub holders for a few accidental orders to trump them getting their figures first. Our customers are a smart bunch
    Since when does the definition of "not honored" mean "orders taken, completed and shipped out"?

Guess we all imagined those pictures posted by folks who thought they got their early orders in the mail?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Probably not half as hostile or snarky as your pre-emptive attempt at bashing Scott/Mattel even before you've seen the replies!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Probably not half as hostile or snarky as your pre-emptive attempt at bashing Scott/Mattel even before you've seen the replies!
    Quoted for truth! I don't want to single anyone out, but wouldn't it be better to at least approach these things with out a stack of negative preconceived notions? Isn't that the He-Mannish way?

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Since when does the definition of "not honored" mean "orders taken, completed and shipped out"?

Guess we all imagined those pictures posted by folks who thought they got their early orders in the mail?
    Yes, I was one of those who received an order that they claimed wasn't honored. It's so odd they would make this obviously untruthful statement.

Our customers are a smart bunch
    The MOTUC design team on the other hand ...
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    Quoted for truth! I don't want to single anyone out, but wouldn't it be better to at least approach these things with out a stack of negative preconceived notions? Isn't that the He-Mannish way?
    That was so 80s.

One of these days I'll remember to submit mine.
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

I've only just noticed the Filmation Castle Grayskull is being used on the 30th Anniversary logo....

Yet it's the toy version the MOTUC toy will be based off... weird.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I've only just noticed the Filmation Castle Grayskull is being used on the 30th Anniversary logo....

The 30th anniversary is over next year
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    The 30th anniversary is over next year
    and your point is? They are still using the Filmation version on artwork used on the MOTUC toyline. Why not art based on the vintage toy or an update of the vintage toy? It seems odd to me when they are going in a different direction with the possible new toy in classics...
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

and your point is? They are still using the Filmation version on artwork used on the MOTUC toyline. Why not art based on the vintage toy or an update of the vintage toy? It seems odd to me when they are going in a different direction with the possible new toy in classics...
    ... that the logo won't be around anymore when MOTUC Castle Grayskull comes out ? Besides CG wasn't even on the table when that logo was made ... they just threw together something quickly for the 30th.

It was to celebrate the acquisition of Filmation access last year. The actual MOTUC castle considered every type of Castle Grayskull, including Filmation.

I think the Castle was changed because the RGD crew mentioned that the Grayskull that Mattel was going to use for the 30th was terrible and that they later changed it to Filmation Grayskull.

As for the art direction of the Castle in Classics, the whole line is based off of the original toys, paintings and cardback versions. The Castle will follow that direction too.

No more diarama pieces? Surely a throne of bones would sell like crazy?

Why are the FFM coming in that massive Star Sisters box? Shouldn't they come in the Vykron box? Even that one is too big, but at least it's better.

As for the art direction of the Castle in Classics, the whole line is based off of the original toys, paintings and cardback versions. The Castle will follow that direction too.
    Except for POP.

The Star Sisters (now Fighting Foe Man) box is such a waste of space. It is the worst packaging so far in the line.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    No more diarama pieces? Surely a throne of bones would sell like crazy?
    That's my number one non-figure want!

Heroic Warrior
    Actually, I have a feeling the opposite will be true - I don't see it coming with that many accessories like that, to keep the price down. If Grayskull goes through, and 2014 goes through, I have a feeling we will see a couple of add-on items in 2014. I think there is a decent profit margin on these for them, more so than a figure.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Actually, I have a feeling the opposite will be true - I don't see it coming with that many accessories like that, to keep the price down. If Grayskull goes through, and 2014 goes through, I have a feeling we will see a couple of add-on items in 2014. I think there is a decent profit margin on these for them, more so than a figure.
    I would love to see this. Depending on what they include (like the space suit the training spinner etc), there would be and still even if those are included would be a lot of possibilities. I am thinking that if Grayskull gets the green light (and probably even now in anticipation) that the Weapons Rack would and will sell quite well.

Heroic Warrior
    Wow, it seems that the answers are pretty slow coming in this month. I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    Wow, it seems that the answers are pretty slow coming in this month. I wonder why?
    That's a good question...a LOT of people don't have their Q&A's up.

Mattel: We actually have not announced anything about 2014 at this point. It is still too early to comment.

Wait, they have not announced anything about 2014?? Oh, thank Procrustus, it was all just a bad dream. I had this horrible dream that Mattel told us that 2014 was not even certain to happen and then if it did, then it could only be 6-12 figures, or less. I am glad they have not really mentioned any information about 2014 and this was just my wild imagination.