Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 186

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (10/1/2012)

  1. #126
    Oracle of Fabulousity Kevenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    7,176
    Oh more. More homophobia on the board.

    If people are so offended by the mere mention of gay characters and the notion of Mattel supporting a "Gay agenda," then you'd better stop buying the line and Classics altogether, because Mattel as a company, annually donates $30,000 to LifeWorks, an LGBT mentoring program of the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center. They're not afraid of people not buying their stuff because the "characters have the gay." So if anyone is upset, you're already "part of the problem."

    This isn't a line for children, and they've already delved into character attraction in Bow, which had no bearing on the story. Supporting the exclusion of gay characters is simply prejudiced.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

    "Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

    - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

  2. #127
    Heroic Warrior Pollex Christi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    101
    There is no reason the bio can't mention Netossa and "her partner" Spinnerella.

    This would be both an excellent inclusive reference, but be generic enough to avoid issue. There've been ambiguous partners in kids' stories for years.
    Posted from iOS app

  3. #128
    Heroic Warrior Stygian360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollex Christi View Post
    There is no reason the bio can't mention Netossa and "her partner" Spinnerella.

    This would be both an excellent inclusive reference, but be generic enough to avoid issue. There've been ambiguous partners in kids' stories for years.
    With all due respect, this kind of sexuality 'retconning' is exactly why I despised DC Comics turning Earth-2 GL homosexual. I have zero problem with the idea of gays as important characters in my comics, TV programs, or toys, but I do have a problem with companies turning gender neutral or already excepted as straight characters gay simply to be topical, generate sales, or be controversial. Create a new character(s) and designate them as Gay/Lesbian if it suites the storyline or more importantly the character, but don't retcon characters as gay, please. In some weird way I feel it does a huge disservice to that existing characters heritage, whatever that heritage may be.

    In the case of much of the MOTU world gender preference is either assumed or completely unimportant, and with MOTUC I personally feel it should stay as it is/was- unimportant to the stories being told. In other words, don't preach to me about the importance of sexual diversity through the BIO's. We all see enough of this PC pablum in life. The last place I need to see it is artificially invested into my toys.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

  4. #129
    SoH Supporter He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Oh more. More homophobia on the board.

    If people are so offended by the mere mention of gay characters and the notion of Mattel supporting a "Gay agenda," then you'd better stop buying the line and Classics altogether, because Mattel as a company, annually donates $30,000 to LifeWorks, an LGBT mentoring program of the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center. They're not afraid of people not buying their stuff because the "characters have the gay." So if anyone is upset, you're already "part of the problem."

    This isn't a line for children, and they've already delved into character attraction in Bow, which had no bearing on the story. Supporting the exclusion of gay characters is simply prejudiced.
    It's not homophobic or prejudiced to say that it making the bio on Netossa's toy say she's a lesbian just to do it is unnecessary. The comment about Bow being seceretly in love with Adora was also unnecessary. If it doesn't lead to new characters (son of skeletor, Dare/He-ro) why bother. As I metioned earlier, save it for new media, leave it off the toys (gay or straight).

  5. #130
    Heroic Warrior Buzzchuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    159
    Bow was clearly attracted to Adora in the cartoon. Mattel didn't make this up or assume it. It's almost as clear as Frosta having the hots for He-Man. Can someone point me towards the media tie-in that indicates Netossa and Spinnerella are a couple so I can decide for myself.
    Support the 2015 Subscription Video

    Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

  6. #131
    SoH Supporter He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzchuck View Post
    Bow was clearly attracted to Adora in the cartoon. Mattel didn't make this up or assume it. It's almost as clear as Frosta having the hots for He-Man. Can someone point me towards the media tie-in that indicates Netossa and Spinnerella are a couple so I can decide for myself.
    Some people assumed it from the She-ra episode "When Whispering Woods Last Bloomed".

  7. #132
    FILMATION - Yeah! csc0709's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzchuck View Post
    Bow was clearly attracted to Adora in the cartoon. Mattel didn't make this up or assume it. It's almost as clear as Frosta having the hots for He-Man. Can someone point me towards the media tie-in that indicates Netossa and Spinnerella are a couple so I can decide for myself.
    You have that backwards my friend! Bow is clearly attracted to She-Ra in the cartoon, not Adora. Sea Hawk is attracted to Adora in the cartoon.

  8. #133
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,619
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    From what? It's a property whose target audience is children. The reason why the 200x MOTU cartoon failed was because it was geared towards the adult fan too much and seemed just too dark and serious in nature. We get a reboot like that again and it will fail once again.
    Holding MOTU back from growing into honest literary characters like Gandalf or even Harry Potter. Batman might have started out as a comic book, but now there are games, comics, even BOOKS about the character and his world. He's not just a comic book character any longer. We even have people writing books that explore his methods, psyche and equipment. Transformers is on the way to that level, given 50 more years. Those characters are more than just toys now. MOTU could be the same way.

    200X failed at retail because of too many Smash Blade He-Men and Spin Blade Skeletors and too few secondary characters. New merchandise couldn't go up because of all of those He-Man and Skeletor variants pegwarming. The cartoon went away because the toyline failed. As much as some fans would love to blame 200X 's failure on how different it was from the original, that isn't the case.

    I believe in sticking to the origins of what made the property popular. Adding new things is arrogant and disrespectful of the original. WB did just that with the new ThunderCats, to the point of even making a good character evil!

    Lets keep the characters how they were originally intended and not let our 'adult' minds go overboard.
    Why should creativity be stifled because some fans are stuck in a timewarp? I apologize for my bluntness, but there will never be more Filmation cartoons--those studios closed long ago. Alfredo Alcala can't draw anymore mini-comics. Earl Norem probably won't ever paint another MOTU painting. Bruce Timm wants to forget about MOTU. Why punish new creators who aren't those old creators from the past? Would you want them to be artistic clones of the originals?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 8, 2012 at 05:56pm.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  9. #134
    Heroic Warrior Eternian Poet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,840
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Why should creativity be stifled because some fans are stuck in a timewarp? I apologize for my bluntness, but there will never be more Filmation cartoons--those studios closed long ago. Alfredo Alcala can't draw anymore mini-comics. Earl Norem probably won't ever paint another MOTU painting. Bruce Timm wants to forget about MOTU. Why punish new creators who aren't those old creators from the past?
    None of the new media - bios, nor DC comics - have lived up to those.
    ***
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

  10. #135
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    None of the new media - bios, nor DC comics - have lived up to those.
    Should there be no more media then? Should no one ever try to make new MOTU stories?

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  11. #136
    N7 Horde Operative hadley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    7,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Oh more. More homophobia on the board.
    Please cite it. I have read this thread and it seems like a sensible debate to me. This is a very heavy accusation you are idly throwing around.

  12. #137
    Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Should there be no more media then? Should no one ever try to make new MOTU stories?
    I think there should be new toylines based on newly created properties. Batman, Star Wars, Spider-Man, Transformers and many more have all been butchered to death. The imagination is gone. The possibilities are limited with old properties. The toy and entertainment industry needs to focus on making new properties. It's risky (that's why they stick with core brands), but I think trying out totally new ideas is ultimately better than constantly rehashing the heroes of the past.

  13. #138
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,619
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I think there should be new toylines based on newly created properties. Batman, Star Wars, Spider-Man, Transformers and many more have all been butchered to death. The imagination is gone. The possibilities are limited with old properties. The toy and entertainment industry needs to focus on making new properties. It's risky (that's why they stick with core brands), but I think trying out totally new ideas is ultimately better than constantly rehashing the heroes of the past.
    I don't think they have been done to death. While I don't like all of the TF incarnations, I'm STILL enjoying much of the Transformers fiction that's coming out today. The Alex Irvine novels, the James Roberts and Simon Furman IDW comics, the High Moon Studios video games, TF Prime, the Generations toyline.

    Batman and Robin put a bad taste in people's mouth's, but people came out in force for the Nolan Trilogy.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  14. #139
    Stridor in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    5,583
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

    MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

  15. #140
    Heroic Warrior Inhibitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,706
    I gave up on Mattel coming out with any kind of good, coherent story with solid characters. So much of what made these characters interesting for me came from Filmation. I'm glad that some of us are actually able to derive some enjoyment out of these bios, but I think Mattel just doesn't have a solid handle on why this line is appealing. It's unfortunate that "MOTU" now is supposed to mean everything in addition to the original core group because they need to hone it down. It's a big reason why this IP is doomed to remain a figure line.

    Who knows? By the time they figure out something that appeals to a new generation, it won't resemble the stuff I grew up with anyway. It probably needs to happen because Mattel gave up on developing it for way too long.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

  16. #141
    Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I don't think they have been done to death. While I don't like all of the TF incarnations, I'm STILL enjoying much of the Transformers fiction that's coming out today. The Alex Irvine novels, the James Roberts and Simon Furman IDW comics, the High Moon Studios video games, TF Prime, the Generations toyline.

    Batman and Robin put a bad taste in people's mouth's, but people came out in force for the Nolan Trilogy.
    I was a WWF fan (now WWE). At times, I yearn for the old days, and have gotten excited when they have reunions or returns. Then you see these guys as shells of their former selves, you realize their time has past. Same goes for He-Man. And Superman. And Mickey Mouse. They're no longer fresh. Even those these chracters can be drawn forever, they're from a bygone era. Now, the new Batman films have appealed to many, and that has happened with revived properties at times, no doubt about it, and that's why Hollywood jumps on making them. But I believe that is an exception to the rule, most rehashed properties are so drenched in the past, they simply lack newness.

    I'm hopeful we'll see new properties that will wow the next generation. Trying to remake the wheel with old properties is a creative deathnail. Just my opinion. To tie this to the argument, I'd rather have these orientation or creative new issues hashed out in a new property, not past their prime properties that will only result in some angry old fans like ourselves who want things to stay status quo or finally get with the times.
    Last edited by The All American; October 8, 2012 at 07:17pm.

  17. #142
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,619
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I was a WWF fan (now WWE). At times, I yearn for the old days, and have gotten excited when they have reunions or returns. Then you see these guys as shells of their former selves, you realize their time has past.
    Those are older people who are living off their glory days. There can't be a new incarnation of Hulk Hogan or the Ultimate Warrior. Optimus Prime will never grow old. Each new incarnation/series makes him relevant to a new generation of fans, while older fans can enjoy the new incarnation too. To a kid just discovering a new property, it isn't old. To fan who is enthusiastic, the property isn't old. I think it's only "old" to people who are bored of the franchise.

    Same goes for He-Man. And Superman. And Mickey Mouse. They're no longer fresh. Even those these chracters can be drawn forever, they're from a bygone era. Now, the new Batman films have appealed to many, and that has happened with revived properties at times, no doubt about it, and that's why Hollywood jumps on making them. But I believe that is an exception to the rule, most rehashed properties are so drenched in the past, they simply lack newness.

    I'm hopeful we'll see new properties that will wow the next generation. Trying to remake the wheel with old properties is a creative deathnail. Just my opinion. To tie this to the argument, I'd rather have these orientation or creative new issues hashed out in a new property, not past their prime properties that will only result in some angry old fans like ourselves who want things to stay status quo or finally get with the times.
    Hasn't there ever been a new incarnation of something that you used to enjoy? Not all new versions are good, but some are quite good and enjoyable.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  18. #143
    Heroic Warrior He-Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    2,865
    People are upset at being called ignorant while suggesting that they don’t want relationships in MOTU. Are they blind to all of the hetero romantic/relationship storylines? Could you imagine if Mekaneck threw himself at Bow like Frosta did He-Man? Not only is there hypocrisy there, but the gap between representations is a canyon.

    Some people have argued that it logical to have the Randor/Marlena/Adam/Adora family unit because that’s what exists in real life. Well, so do lesbian couples.

    Saying that these conversation belong in the tar swamp or that children should not be exposed to gay relationships is exactly what makes being gay such an evil taboo. The sooner society gets over itself and realizes that it doesn’t matter, the sooner we’ll look back on today and realize how embarrassing it is that we even had such discussions.

    Could you imagine if people protested a woman being in power or the mere existence of a non-Caucasian character? You would be laughed out of town.

  19. #144
    Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Those are older people who are living off their glory days. There can't be a new incarnation of Hulk Hogan or the Ultimate Warrior. Optimus Prime will never grow old. Each new incarnation/series makes him relevant to a new generation of fans, while older fans can enjoy the new incarnation too. To a kid just discovering a new property, it isn't old. To fan who is enthusiastic, the property isn't old. I think it's only "old" to people who are bored of the franchise.



    Hasn't there ever been a new incarnation of something that you used to enjoy? Not all new versions are good, but some are quite good and enjoyable.
    I disagree about Optimus Prime, he's based off what we thought robots looked like back in the 80's, with the techno resonating voice and truck build. In a few generations, it's likely all those traits will be totally unknown. I had a cassette tape looking Transfomer, that is totally outdated now Hey, I don't think any of these properties will ever totally die (like Huckleberry Finn or Shakespeare), but like those old stories, each has it's own place and time. There is some great untapped new big thing out there.

    And yes, there have been several relaunched properties I have enjoyed. Defenders of the Earth was a cartoon I liked somewhat as a kid, and those were old properties. I loved the new Muppet film, it reminded me how great the Muppets can be, but I realize the Muppets need to focus on creating new Muppets to survive in today's world. Kermit doesn't fit anymore, he's mainly just a marketing symbol for the brand. Jim Henson was constantly pushing new ideas and characters because he knew there is a shelf life for each character. He-Man appealed to us in the 80's for several reasons, as he fit the time - 80's bodybuider, barbarian themed (like Conan), colorful, gimmicky, and cheesy (Filmation). He-Man doesn't fit so well today. There is another character or property that can fill the void better.

  20. #145
    Heroic Warrior DO4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,132
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I was a WWF fan (now WWE). At times, I yearn for the old days, and have gotten excited when they have reunions or returns. Then you see these guys as shells of their former selves, you realize their time has past. Same goes for He-Man. And Superman. And Mickey Mouse. They're no longer fresh. Even those these chracters can be drawn forever, they're from a bygone era. Now, the new Batman films have appealed to many, and that has happened with revived properties at times, no doubt about it, and that's why Hollywood jumps on making them. But I believe that is an exception to the rule, most rehashed properties are so drenched in the past, they simply lack newness.

    I'm hopeful we'll see new properties that will wow the next generation. Trying to remake the wheel with old properties is a creative deathnail. Just my opinion. To tie this to the argument, I'd rather have these orientation or creative new issues hashed out in a new property, not past their prime properties that will only result in some angry old fans like ourselves who want things to stay status quo or finally get with the times.
    And that's exactly the problem! Nothing personal, but that Exact "yearning for the past" fan mentality is what has screwed MOTU and Spider-Man just to mention another popular character with the same issue. Before going any further I want to let one thing clear: I am NOT AGAINST CHANGE, but I'm AGAINST STUPID CHANGE!
    Expanding the Universe, making the characters 3 Dimensional IS a good thing. Gore and sex for the sake of "look at how cool we're making the franchise" IS a Stupid change. Right Now, MOTU NEEDS to define itself. (Heck it went through 3 different canons in the 80s) Right now we have 7 different Continuities for He-Man (Original Mini comics, 80s DC, 80s Marvel, Filmation, 200X, MOTUC, 2012 DC) and some are in conflict with others.

    Now Speaking of Stupid change: Spider-Man is a HUGE victim of that. ever since the 90s The Powers that Be at Marvel wanted to Regress Spider-Man to the "Nostalgic 60s and 70s" We got Clones, totemistic pseudo-origins, and deals with the devil in order to have the swinging Bachelor Peter Parker from the 70s. Much like old wrestlers, Spidey is now a shell of his former self. He's lucky enough to have a Rather robust background story... Half of MOTU doesn't have that luck.

    IF done right, Change can benefit a character... If done wrong, well we have past continuities to relieve the good old days...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

  21. #146
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,397
    I think it would be great if Netossa's bio mentioned her "partner" Spinnerella. I think that's ambiguous enough for people to interpret it any way they like and they were "partners" in the cartoon.

    Whether they were simply "partner adventurers", "partners in crime fighting" or "life partners" wasn't clarified and doesn't need to be clarified in Netossa's bio. That typed, since the odds of Spinnerella making it into MOTUC appear slim, maybe Netossa's partner should be retconned to be one of the Star Sisters. At least then they'd be able to be united on toy shelves across the world!

  22. #147
    Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    And that's exactly the problem! Nothing personal, but that Exact "yearning for the past" fan mentality is what has screwed MOTU and Spider-Man just to mention another popular character with the same issue. Before going any further I want to let one thing clear: I am NOT AGAINST CHANGE, but I'm AGAINST STUPID CHANGE!
    Expanding the Universe, making the characters 3 Dimensional IS a good thing. Gore and sex for the sake of "look at how cool we're making the franchise" IS a Stupid change. Right Now, MOTU NEEDS to define itself. (Heck it went through 3 different canons in the 80s) Right now we have 7 different Continuities for He-Man (Original Mini comics, 80s DC, 80s Marvel, Filmation, 200X, MOTUC, 2012 DC) and some are in conflict with others.

    Now Speaking of Stupid change: Spider-Man is a HUGE victim of that. ever since the 90s The Powers that Be at Marvel wanted to Regress Spider-Man to the "Nostalgic 60s and 70s" We got Clones, totemistic pseudo-origins, and deals with the devil in order to have the swinging Bachelor Peter Parker from the 70s. Much like old wrestlers, Spidey is now a shell of his former self. He's lucky enough to have a Rather robust background story... Half of MOTU doesn't have that luck.

    IF done right, Change can benefit a character... If done wrong, well we have past continuities to relieve the good old days...
    Stupid change is normally the route industries take. For every 1 good new imagining, there seem to be 4 or 5 bad ones. I guess I've lost my faith in companies or directors in making an old property fresh again while also respecting its past/continuity. It's almost impossible to do.

  23. #148
    Heroic Warrior King Criss79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    503
    I respect everyones opinions on this thread but personally never affiliated any character with another romantically,sexually,whatever it may be. I was a kid and innocent of anything along those lines. I enjoyed the toys for what they were,just toys battling for castle grayskull and amongst each other. Everyone can use their own imagination...but lets not make this complicated..

  24. #149
    Quester JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    14,059
    Hello all!

    Discussion of relationships of any kind as it regards to MOTU and the storyline is acceptable. When the discussion turns adult in nature, such as graphic descriptions, or the politics behind orientation, the discussion has to be held in the Tar Swamp. Let's please keep this discussion alive by keeping it family friendly.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

  25. #150
    N7 Horde Operative hadley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    7,464
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    People are upset at being called ignorant while suggesting that they don’t want relationships in MOTU. Are they blind to all of the hetero romantic/relationship storylines? Could you imagine if Mekaneck threw himself at Bow like Frosta did He-Man? Not only is there hypocrisy there, but the gap between representations is a canyon.

    Some people have argued that it logical to have the Randor/Marlena/Adam/Adora family unit because that’s what exists in real life. Well, so do lesbian couples.

    Saying that these conversation belong in the tar swamp or that children should not be exposed to gay relationships is exactly what makes being gay such an evil taboo. The sooner society gets over itself and realizes that it doesn’t matter, the sooner we’ll look back on today and realize how embarrassing it is that we even had such discussions.

    Could you imagine if people protested a woman being in power or the mere existence of a non-Caucasian character? You would be laughed out of town.
    I think you're right on with a lot of what you have to say, but dude, this would divide stuff further than it currently is. People are already going nuts at the thought of violence in the comic books. Like people fighting a war with swords and guns aren't trying to hurt each other. The slightest turn into mature territory and the "think of the children" types come out of the woodwork.

    At its core, MOTU is a story about war. I'd be interested to see how it affects the characters and their relationships as they win victories, suffer defeats, and lose loved ones. It'd be a very profound and interesting story for say Spinnerella to fall in battle and how Netossa deals with it, and how her friends and fellow warriors support her. But we have to face it. MOTU's fanbase is already a very fragile thing, with slivers of the fandom getting all kinds of upset when things aren't done to their personal ideals.

    MOTU isn't ready to tackle this kind of challenge, and its fanbase isn't ready for the ride.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •