Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (10/1/2012)

Let's just say everyone in Etheria is bi and call it a day. Win for all. In all seriousness though, I think the problem is many American's are too conservative to accept a toy company putting sexual orientations on their toys or childeren's properties....(remember the whole Bert and Ernie debate ). TG already said it's not going to be on there. I don't see him going out of his way to put it on Spinnerella if we ever get to her as a figure. It's just not something I see happening anytime soon.
    For the record I don't have a problem with homosexuality or people being themselves. Love is always a good thing and you should be free to love whomever you choose. What I have a problem with is putting referances to sexuality on toys just to do it (both gay and straight).

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    People are upset at being called ignorant while suggesting that they don’t want relationships in MOTU. Are they blind to all of the hetero romantic/relationship storylines? Could you imagine if Mekaneck threw himself at Bow like Frosta did He-Man? Not only is there hypocrisy there, but the gap between representations is a canyon.

Some people have argued that it logical to have the Randor/Marlena/Adam/Adora family unit because that’s what exists in real life. Well, so do lesbian couples.
    Family is always going to come up in a story since everyone has to have a mum and dad (including gay men and women!) That kind of family relationship IS not on the same level as a sexual relationship. That's why I'm not really a fan of the Adora/Seahawk relationship. Although done in a funny way, the whole Frosta/He-Man in 'Sweet Bee's Home' was over the top I admit, but done in a way that appeals to kids. Boys at that young age think girls are yucky and their feelings would mirror He-Man's reaction at that age. Young children do not understand 'gay/straight' and at that young age they do not need to.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    wOw !!! Guys........ Lets stay "On Topic" shall we ???
    Seriously??!! This is your contribution to the thread? Who died and made you mom?

Awesome pic Tallstar! I LOVE it. Interesting that she doesn’t have her mask on in that pic. Did she not have it in FILMation?

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    What were we talking about again?

Awww now I want a Spinnerella figure again.
    Haha, I was thinking the same thing. What were the other questions? I would like a MOTUC Spinnerella too. Her design is cool and she is too legendary a figure to be overlooked.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    What were we talking about again?

Awww now I want a Spinnerella figure again.
    There's not really much to talk about. Most of the questions didn't reveal anything new, except for the Weapons Rack doing "okay".

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    You have that backwards my friend! Bow is clearly attracted to She-Ra in the cartoon, not Adora. Sea Hawk is attracted to Adora in the cartoon.
    You are correct, sorry.

I watched the episode, but I don't really see it. They are good friends. Netossa calls Spinerellla "sister". They share a room in an inn, but the members of the Fellowship of the Ring share rooms in the Prancing Pony. (Lord of the Rings) I looks to me like someone got the job of introducing two new characters and they thought the easiest way to introduce them was to have them retell the story of them joning the Great Rebellion. Having them already know each other saves a little time in the story. I also thing it is a really weak episode. So much reused animation and the characters have very little depth. Spinnerella comes off as not being very intelligent. She lives on a planet ruled by an evil empire and doesn't know who the people are that are part of the evil horde.
    Support the 2015 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzchuck View Post
    You are correct, sorry.

I watched the episode, but I don't really see it. They are good friends. Netossa calls Spinerellla "sister". They share a room in an inn, but the members of the Fellowship of the Ring share rooms in the Prancing Pony. (Lord of the Rings) I looks to me like someone got the job of introducing two new characters and they thought the easiest way to introduce them was to have them retell the story of them joning the Great Rebellion. Having them already know each other saves a little time in the story. I also thing it is a really weak episode. So much reused animation and the characters have very little depth. Spinnerella comes off as not being very intelligent. She lives on a planet ruled by an evil empire and doesn't know who the people are that are part of the evil horde.
    Our society, in general, finds it very hard not to sexualize everything, and this makes it hard for many people to conceive of an intimate friendship that does not involve sex. Most of the time, we don't even see it happening, we just absorb the wider cultural ethos. However, we all know that not everyone who has ever shared a room in an inn (or anywhere else for that matter) has been involved romantically with his or her roommate.

I want a Spinnerella figure, too.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Family is always going to come up in a story since everyone has to have a mum and dad (including gay men and women!) That kind of family relationship IS not on the same level as a sexual relationship. That's why I'm not really a fan of the Adora/Seahawk relationship. Although done in a funny way, the whole Frosta/He-Man in 'Sweet Bee's Home' was over the top I admit, but done in a way that appeals to kids. Boys at that young age think girls are yucky and their feelings would mirror He-Man's reaction at that age. Young children do not understand 'gay/straight' and at that young age they do not need to.
    I asked for this post to be deleted because it is opinion – your opinion, not fact. But since it hasn’t been, here’s my opinion... what you are basically saying is that the only legitimate relationship is marriage. Everything else is a sexual union. Adora and Seahawk couldn’t possibly be dating prior to marriage, they must be having sex out of wedlock.

Children are aware of the concept of dating. And they’re probably the only ones to NOT sexualize it.

This is not Masters of the Christian/Catholic/etc Universe. Your beliefs on relationships are your opinion. My belief is that marriage is an outdated tradition used to control people. Who said that people need a legal contract to prove they love each other. Love is love and sex is sex. The two are often intertwined, but they are different. I see no reason why children can’t be told from birth that two men LOVE each other, just as there is no hesitation to suggest that a man and a woman love each other. I find your comment deeply insulting. A sexist or racist comment would be reprimanded but this is allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    I asked for this post to be deleted because it is opinion – your opinion, not fact. But since it hasn’t been, here’s my opinion... what you are basically saying is that the only legitimate relationship is marriage. Everything else is a sexual union. Adora and Seahawk couldn’t possibly be dating prior to marriage, they must be having sex out of wedlock.

Children are aware of the concept of dating. And they’re probably the only ones to NOT sexualize it.

This is not Masters of the Christian/Catholic/etc Universe. Your beliefs on relationships are your opinion. My belief is that marriage is an outdated tradition used to control people. Who said that people need a legal contract to prove they love each other. Love is love and sex is sex. The two are often intertwined, but they are different. I see no reason why children can’t be told from birth that two men LOVE each other, just as there is no hesitation to suggest that a man and a woman love each other. I find your comment deeply insulting. A sexist or racist comment would be reprimanded but this is allowed?
    I totally did not get the same impression that you did from his comment. I keep coming back to this forum to see if any new discussion about the questions has surfaced, but it is page after page of this debate. Isnt that why there is the Tar Swamp or whatever it is called?

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I totally did not get the same impression that you did from his comment. I keep coming back to this forum to see if any new discussion about the questions has surfaced, but it is page after page of this debate. Isnt that why there is the Tar Swamp or whatever it is called?
    I agree, and that's what I come here for as well. It's getting old. MOTUC/MOTU, please. I don't come here for a debate on sex, religion, anything of that nature. I can go to other sites that are for that.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Yeah, that all fine and good. But it aplies to all. I'm not surprised that you didn't get that impression form blackiecats' comment because it doesn't apply to you. Read his/her last sentence. To me it basically says that gay is bad and children should not be subjected to it at an early age. Replace 'gay' with any other word that applies to you and tell me it's not an insult.

Regardless, we have been told numerous times to keep the convo about MOTU. Blackiecats did not. It looks like two sets of rules to me.
    Last edited by He-Boy; October 10, 2012 at 09:29pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I agree, and that's what I come here for as well. It's getting old. MOTUC/MOTU, please. I don't come here for a debate on sex, religion, anything of that nature. I can go to other sites that are for that.
    Like I've said earlier, there isn't much that the answers revealed, so I can see why this subject is so dominant.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)