Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (10/1/2012)

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Wheres Draego Man been? lol His posts are always fun around this time. I havent seen him on since Powercon reveals...
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    Wheres Draego Man been? lol His posts are always fun around this time. I havent seen him on since Powercon reveals...
    I'm guessing he got suspended or banned? I noticed the resident race/ethnicity expert left a couple of questions in the Ask Matty section over at Matty concerning Netossa

Here is something interesting given the answers to Kastor's Korner. TG states that 2013 was locked in over a year ago. So, 2013 was locked in at the latest in October 2011. It is also stated that 2014 has not been locked in yet. However, if 2013 is like 2014, then 2014 should be locked in by now given the schedule. This leads me to wonder when 2014 will be commented upon?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    Here is something interesting given the answers to Kastor's Korner. TG states that 2013 was locked in over a year ago. So, 2013 was locked in at the latest in October 2011. It is also stated that 2014 has not been locked in yet. However, if 2013 is like 2014, then 2014 should be locked in by now given the schedule. This leads me to wonder when 2014 will be commented upon?
    I'm pretty sure it was commented that 2014 wouldn't be commented on till SDCC 2013 or around then.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Because Batman is that awesome.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    I'm guessing he got suspended or banned? I noticed the resident race/ethnicity expert left a couple of questions in the Ask Matty section over at Matty concerning Netossa
    If it's as exhausting to write as it is to read, then I'm sure a few days rest was called for. LOL!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was commented that 2014 wouldn't be commented on till SDCC 2013 or around then.
    I think that I remember reading this, too.

However, the bigger point is that, at this point last year, Mattel knew about 2013. At the same point in this year, it seems that no one knows about 2014 yet.

I think that I remember reading this, too.

However, the bigger point is that, at this point last year, Mattel knew about 2013. At the same point in this year, it seems that no one knows about 2014 yet.
    There's a difference between not commenting about something and not knowing about something...

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    There's a difference between not commenting about something and not knowing about something...
    True.

Does TG know the fate of 2014 now?

Heroic Warrior
    My understanding is that 2014 characters was locked but 2014 b- and c-characters while be replaced by a-list Vintage/PoP/NA/Filmation. That's all. So maybe three or four are so far in, with the rest swapped in. How many will be determined by sub sales.
    Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    My understanding is that 2014 characters was locked but 2014 b- and c-characters while be replaced by a-list Vintage/PoP/NA/Filmation. That's all. So maybe three or four are so far in, with the rest swapped in. How many will be determined by sub sales.
    This is good to know.

I was also going to add that probably only TG and upper management at Mattel only know now.

Regarding castle Grayskull, Scott said Mattel doesn't do playsets anymore not even for Batman. A new Batcave just came out so was this statement in regards to the future of playsets? I think Grayskull and certain other items should sell well but they need the resources. The new turtles sewer is awesome and if more sets were like itmorepeople would but I'in. Once NYCC comes and goes people will be buzzing about CG and it will hit goal. As long as they don't cheap out it will be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Regarding castle Grayskull, Scott said Mattel doesn't do playsets anymore not even for Batman. A new Batcave just came out so was this statement in regards to the future of playsets? I think Grayskull and certain other items should sell well but they need the resources. The new turtles sewer is awesome and if more sets were like itmorepeople would but I'in. Once NYCC comes and goes people will be buzzing about CG and it will hit goal. As long as they don't cheap out it will be epic.
    I didn't know a new batcave came out? I saw the Fisher Price/ toddler one but I haven't seen one for the new Brave and the Bold cartoon. Also isn't there a new Batman cartoon out too?
    I only have the last run of the Batman Returns\Animated Batcave. I kinda always wanted the Kenner original Tim Burton Batcave but I think the one I have is the best version.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

True.

Does TG know the fate of 2014 now?
    My guess... he's known since the ending of the 2013 sub window. No official announcements allowed until budgeting is finished for the new fiscal year (in early 2013 I'd assume), which would align fairly well with NYTF in Feb.

In reality a Greyskull set being greenlit for 2013 speaks volumes as to Mattel's willingness to keep the MOTUC engine going. Granted, fans have to come to the party and support it financially of course, but managements very willingness to consider it is telling. Believe what you will- cynical or optimistic- as to 2014's chances, but I personally feel that 2014 is all but assured for at least the minimal SKU's. Perhaps the elimination of beasts and/or 3-packs, but otherwise at a minimum at least 12 monthly figures plus quarterlies.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    My guess... he's known since the ending of the 2013 sub window. No official announcements allowed until budgeting is finished for the new fiscal year (in early 2013 I'd assume), which would align fairly well with NYTF in Feb.

In reality a Greyskull set being greenlit for 2013 speaks volumes as to Mattel's willingness to keep the MOTUC engine going. Granted, fans have to come to the party and support it financially of course, but managements very willingness to consider it is telling. Believe what you will- cynical or optimistic- as to 2014's chances, but I personally feel that 2014 is all but assured for at least the minimal SKU's. Perhaps the elimination of beasts and/or 3-packs, but otherwise at a minimum at least 12 monthly figures plus quarterlies.
    I would tend to agree with this whole statement. In particular, you're right about Grayskull. If they didn't have confidence in the line, then they probably wouldn't have attempted to green-light Grayskull. I'm optimistic that 2014 is green-lit. I also think that Scorpia would be a great sub lure. Octavia got a big response at Power Con and Scorpia hits a lot of the same factions - POP, Filmation, and Horde.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Are you talking about Imaginext? We also have the Shield Helicarrier, which was in two sizes, in addition to the aforementioned TMNT Sewer Playset and possible Castle Grayskull.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    As far as i know there is no Batcave Playset for the 6" DCUC/Batman Legacy/DC Unlimited/Batman Unlimited lines? If you are talking about the Imaginext line that is whole different ballgame.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Are you talking about Imaginext? We also have the Shield Helicarrier, which was in two sizes, in addition to the aforementioned TMNT Sewer Playset and possible Castle Grayskull.
    No the power attack line that is 6" scale. Its not overly detailed but it is in scale.

Yeah, I've seen that Batcave a few times in stores lately. Not as nifty as the old 1989 Toybiz cave...

I think Grayskull, if even nearly as awesome as I think it'll be, will garner lots of new support.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
    I only have the last run of the Batman Returns\Animated Batcave. I kinda always wanted the Kenner original Tim Burton Batcave but I think the one I have is the best version.
    Ohhh I had that original batcave! Had a couple of fun things on it... but too many stairs and ledges that wanted to fall apart. LOVED the 'bat chairs' though ^_^

The one "I" always wanted was the combo 'wayne manor/Batcave' one... but I was JUST about out of toys when that hit the market :'(

As for 2014... this is no surprise at all. They have gone on record as saying we will not hear anything till SDCC...

the SAME time they announced the 2013 Skus. Seriously... have we EVER known ANYTHING about an upcoming sub... 16 months before the first figure hits?

Mattel knows exactly what's coming... the same as they know what the line up is for 2013.... but they aren't telling us. They like to keep the surprises and let us light up the forums with speculation!

But... YEAH, Castle Grayskull is a GREAT indicator
    Last edited by phantom1592; October 2, 2012 at 05:39pm.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    TBH I'm thinking if 2014 is scaled back it's a good thing. I'm already commintting to 1 Grayskull, and considering a 2nd, so a one year "break"/slowdown would be nice financially. Afterall once they sell 2014 subs next year, lets say they hit 200% or more, that will mean 2015 SKU's will go back up!
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nianotreve View Post
    TBH I'm thinking if 2014 is scaled back it's a good thing. I'm already commintting to 1 Grayskull, and considering a 2nd, so a one year "break"/slowdown would be nice financially. Afterall once they sell 2014 subs next year, lets say they hit 200% or more, that will mean 2015 SKU's will go back up!
    I really hope Mattel is looking at the situation the same way you are.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Slow month, isn't it?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Mattel: We aren’t able to make any changes to 2013. It was locked in over a year ago.

Oh good. We're back to this it's been locked in for ages answer for the sub. Funny how when the sub was in trouble and people asked for the lineup to incent, we were told that the Sub hadn't been locked in yet.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post

Mattel: We aren’t able to make any changes to 2013. It was locked in over a year ago.

Oh good. We're back to this it's been locked in for ages answer for the sub. Funny how when the sub was in trouble and people asked for the lineup to incent, we were told that the Sub hadn't been locked in yet.
    Incorrect. We were never told that the 2013 sub was not locked in. The only way it wasn't "locked in" would have been due to no sales. The 2014 sub has not been locked in yet.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela