Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread October 2012

Mine looks exactly like yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Hmmm... just looked at my Teela (who has no bobble head) and I'm not sure what you mean here. do you mean you think she should have no space between her head and neck no matter which way she's positioned? When she is looking straight forward mine seems fine. I don't think it could sit any lower on her head without making her look weird...

Attachment 79444Attachment 79445

Now, when you position her head down there is a gap, but I'd think that was expected because of her short hair? Is that what you're seeing? Or does yours look different?

Attachment 79446

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Day of sales is obvious.
    And is irrelevant, as TG has said Day-of is a "tiny tiny portion of sales".

So I don't really see it being anything relevant - if he's telling the truth about Day Of being such a small number.

Small number compared to sub sales in 2012. He could have sold out faster or sold more units, or both.

Day of sales is the only measurable thing since all else is equal (subscriptions sold). So he could only be talking about day of sales.

People got up in arms when they thought day of sales Frosta was a test to see how POP performs. It's not irrelevant, especially since everyone here follows how fast a day of sales figure sells out every month.
    Last edited by SCB; October 6, 2012 at 05:46am.

The day of sales thing is old news...we already know that Spector outsold Slush Head, who peg-warmed. All TG is doing in that quote is reinforcing the unpopularity of NA, and I'm not sure why anyone would try and argue that. The org voted Icarius as the worst figure of the year, or whatever.

Heroic Warrior
    Small number compared to sub sales in 2012. He could have sold out faster or sold more units, or both.

Day of sales is the only measurable thing since all else is equal (subscriptions sold). So he could only be talking about day of sales.

People got up in arms when they thought day of sales Frosta was a test to see how POP performs. It's not irrelevant, especially since everyone here follows how fast a day of sales figure sells out every month.
    Oh, I get it - just pointing out the contradiction in Scott's statements.

If day of is such a "tiny tiny portion", just the "icing on the cake", I just don't see it being a big deal if the numbers are so low - so if one sold 150, one sold 200, it's still just a smattering.

So, if what he says about Day-Of in the first place is true (and he just repeated it again very recently), then it's nothing to brag about or of any consequence. If what he says is true.

This is also why I don't buy the "we don't know about 2014 yet" stuff. The sub numbers are the #1 indicator, the bulk of the line - so the few hundred figures they may sell on sale day shouldn't tip that boat much either way. They should have all the real data they need. Sure, fans like to compare sell-outs, but that's kind of silly in and of itself as we all know the sell-outs are generally artificial to begin with.

It's a tiny portion in how much money they were making to keep the line going for 2012. This was a response to a fan asking if they were worried a certain figure took too long to sell out. Them not being worried and Spector selling better than Slushy are two separate things.

However, it's still a measuring stick to see how each figure and faction is performing. If they are sitting on 5,000 Gy-Gors, a Battle Armor Gy-Gor will most likely not be marketed in the future. If Frosta takes 6 weeks to sell out, it's not good.

As far as 2014, they won't announce anything til SDCC 2013, so it's pointless to keep interrogating them about it whether they know or not.
    Last edited by SCB; October 6, 2012 at 06:07am.

Heroic Warrior
    As far as 2014, they won't announce anything til SDCC 2013, so it's pointless to keep interrogating them about it whether they know or not.
    I'm sure we won't. Wasn't arguing that we would. I just don't believe what we are told about it.

I think we can expect a monthly expectation reset now until it's all over with.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    has anybody thought the main reason of the recent crisis (especially black platic)is simply a sign that 2014 sub is just a chimera?

I believe Scott said they won't get to Chimera before Stridor.

Uh
    Hmmm... just looked at my Teela (who has no bobble head) and I'm not sure what you mean here. do you mean you think she should have no space between her head and neck no matter which way she's positioned? When she is looking straight forward mine seems fine. I don't think it could sit any lower on her head without making her look weird...

Attachment 79444Attachment 79445

Now, when you position her head down there is a gap, but I'd think that was expected because of her short hair? Is that what you're seeing? Or does yours look different?

Attachment 79446

Mine both look like that.

But that isn't how it is supposed to look.

The ball of the neck joint should be flush with the inner curve of the underside of the head, just like most of the male heads...

If you stand Teela next to BG Teela, the latter looks like a "no-neck," but only because Teela 1.0 has a giraffe neck due to the neck peg not being able to fit deeply enough into the head.

It's subtle, but it is ugly and impedes her head's range of motion.

I'm surprised that more people aren't seeing this. I think what helps hide it is her collar. If she didn't have the collar, I bet everyone would see it.

Another way to check is to put the BG Teela head in her. It fits correctly. And that isn't because of the hair.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I think I see what you're saying now... that's why I was asking.

I do have a version of Teela with the BG head on it. When you compare the two, it does help. I can see that the curve of the top of the neck is SLIGHTLY visible when it should flow upward straight into her head. To be honest, it still doesn't bother me, personally (I actually like the slightly longer neck, it makes her a bit more elegant-looking, I think). Not enough that I'd want another one for that reason. But I wouldn't mind a Teela 2.0 in general with better articulation for more action poses. Teela is probably still the best female figure in the line looks-wise, but she's pretty limited in movement.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I do have a version of Teela with the BG head on it. When you compare the two, it does help. I can see that the curve of the top of the neck is SLIGHTLY visible when it should flow upward straight into her head. To be honest, it still doesn't bother me, personally (I actually like the slightly longer neck, it makes her a bit more elegant-looking, I think). Not enough that I'd want another one for that reason. But I wouldn't mind a Teela 2.0 in general with better articulation for more action poses.
    You could also see the problem simply by removing the head and lining up the indentations on the back of the cobra armour with the chest. With the head attached the armour sits much higher than it was meant to. Teela/Goddess are almost 1/2 an inch taller than the 4HM intended them to be.

I'm definitely in favour of a 2.0 version, especially as the gold paint on my Teela is slowly turning green.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Uh

Mine both look like that.

But that isn't how it is supposed to look.

The ball of the neck joint should be flush with the inner curve of the underside of the head, just like most of the male heads...

If you stand Teela next to BG Teela, the latter looks like a "no-neck," but only because Teela 1.0 has a giraffe neck due to the neck peg not being able to fit deeply enough into the head.

It's subtle, but it is ugly and impedes her head's range of motion.

I'm surprised that more people aren't seeing this. I think what helps hide it is her collar. If she didn't have the collar, I bet everyone would see it.

Another way to check is to put the BG Teela head in her. It fits correctly. And that isn't because of the hair.
    So do you think drilling the hole in her head bigger will fix the issue?

I do have a version of Teela with the BG head on it. When you compare the two, it does help. I can see that the curve of the top of the neck is SLIGHTLY visible when it should flow upward straight into her head. To be honest, it still doesn't bother me, personally (I actually like the slightly longer neck, it makes her a bit more elegant-looking, I think). Not enough that I'd want another one for that reason. But I wouldn't mind a Teela 2.0 in general with better articulation for more action poses. Teela is probably still the best female figure in the line looks-wise, but she's pretty limited in movement.
    Agreed. I want a new version, but I'd love her to come with a bunch of extras. Blonde Tiara head, multiple outfits (mini-comic, filmation, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    So do you think drilling the hole in her head bigger will fix the issue?
    Yes, probably. I just don't have a dremel yet. I think it might need to be sanded out just ensure the hole isn't opened to much.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Agreed. I want a new version, but I'd love her to come with a bunch of extras. Blonde Tiara head, multiple outfits (mini-comic, filmation, etc.)

Yes, probably. I just don't have a dremel yet. I think it might need to be sanded out just ensure the hole isn't opened to much.
    I just decided to check mine and her hole was considerably smaller than Marlena's. So I just used my cordless drill and made it the appropriate diameter. It now sits where it should, but the peg itself is where mine gets its Bobble. It is an improvement for sure but still not totally resolved.

Her peg hole was not only too small but much shallower than Marlena's as well. However, the snake armor head of mine seems to be perfectly fine... Just weird to me.

So for those who say she doesn't have a bobble head, can you post pics of your Teela head sitting on the neck correctly? The plug hole isn't deep enough
    The first Teela I had suffered from bobble-head. Fortunately, I was able to buy another Teela from a local collector with a tight neck peg. Although the neck peg is tight, the tiara head does not fit right onto the neck peg. But the helmet head fits perfect onto the peg. So I display Teela with the gold helmet head and the snake armor. I'm actually really stoked for the upcoming red snake armor and staff. Just wish they also had included the red shield. If I get a chance later I'll post a pic.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I forget ... did we know about the Spectre body re-use for UK Horde Prime by day of sales or did that come after?

It is a struggle to think of a good reason why Spector would sell more DOS quicker than Slushhead (and most folk know what I think of NA ...)
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I forget ... did we know about the Spectre body re-use for UK Horde Prime by day of sales or did that come after?

It is a struggle to think of a good reason why Spector would sell more DOS quicker than Slushhead (and most folk know what I think of NA ...)
    I think we did know about Horde Prime reuse.... but I could be wrong.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    New stuff is up!

Grayskull is going to be $250?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I'd rather pay $250 than suffer from Mattel's horrible cost reduction measures.
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    I'd rather pay $250 than suffer from Mattel's horrible cost reduction measures.
    agreed 100%
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Likely because there were fewer Spectors to begin with. I doubt the 30th line has as many subscribers as the main one, so that probably translated to lower numbers on day of sales, as well. They'd figure if less people were buying the subs, less would be buying DOS, as well.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

When the pics came out a lot of people said they'd use the HP UK head on the body for a UK prime. Also one good thing about spector is he is a great blank buck for the most part.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I was 99% confident that the $200 price they threw out was not going to be the final price. The first price they throw out never seems to be the final price. I'm still in for $250, but I wish they would just not throw out their "low-ball" price if they know that isn't going to be the final price. I would much rather them say it's going to be about $300 and then when it's said and done say it will actually be $250.