Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread October 2012

We are all Scott.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    All of the Frosta figures are backwards.
    I guess we need a Forearm Committee to prevent this from happening again. Either that or the Earth's magnetic polarity reversed for a short period of time which caused these particular parts to switch places.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I'm fairly certain a reissue Teela would do well. Not a cheap or common figure on the secondary market by any stretch.
    I disagree.

HONESTLY I REALLY want them to completely REDO Teela. The hard dress... the goofy legs, the bobble head. No Waist twist...

She was the first female figure... and really the worst of the bunch. Showed EVERYTHING that the line has needed to improve upon.

Going back to the factory and 'turning the machines on again' for a reissue WITHOUT imporving her... would not be profitable.

However... Like He-man, I think Teela is important enough to the franchise to DESERVE a remake to correct these issues!!!

Right about now it's more than words, it's about action. The blastic, the customer page delays, the parts switcharoos, the photo shoot errors... All go poof by 2013 or they might as well stop wasting their breath.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I disagree.

HONESTLY I REALLY want them to completely REDO Teela. The hard dress... the goofy legs, the bobble head. No Waist twist...

She was the first female figure... and really the worst of the bunch. Showed EVERYTHING that the line has needed to improve upon.

Going back to the factory and 'turning the machines on again' for a reissue WITHOUT imporving her... would not be profitable.

However... Like He-man, I think Teela is important enough to the franchise to DESERVE a remake to correct these issues!!!
    Personally I think they should just save it for a 200x style Teela. I'm actually happy with the one I have (she doesn't have a bobble head, has good ankles, and looks great posed.) but as they said it would take up a sku, make it a worthy varient when/if the line gets healthier.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    Right about now it's more than words, it's about action. The blastic, the customer page delays, the parts switcharoos, the photo shoot errors... All go poof by 2013 or they might as well stop wasting their breath.
    Photo shoot errors was my last straw.

Absolutely correct on Teela. We need Teela 2.0 with the new female buck, a two piece tunic, the new BG Evil-Lyn forearms and maybe instead of giving us a Zoar or her Snake Armor, they can throw in a Filmation headsculpt.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

They can do it, but would you want her taking the place of another unique character? Skus are limited right now, which is why they won't do anymore variants in 2014 and 2015 til we complete the major characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    They can do it, but would you want her taking the place of another unique character? Skus are limited right now, which is why they won't do anymore variants in 2014 and 2015 til we complete the major characters.
    HONESTLY.... I've seen about 4 - 5 characters announced since SDCC that I would have LOVED Teela 2.0 to take the place of

I think my PREFERED method... would be a bubble power treatment. Some way to make her a unique varient.... and STILL give us the parts we need for our 'ultimate' teela

lol
    http://www.DoomKick.com -Toys reviews, news, and a whole lot of Kicking!

You gotta hand it to them, they're learning whole new ways of screwing up!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

I disagree.

You can disagree, but she's pretty much the most commonly requested reissue at this point. She's one of the main characters, and the main motu female. She should be evergreen, let alone reissued. If you don't have a Teela figure, or want another, you currently have to pay big bucks. I would like a Teela 2.0 very much, but skus are limited, and that doesn't mean they can't reissue the 1.0 figure with softer plastic and a non-bobblehead.

Honestly, yes. The way I described it, if they left out the Snake Armor and Zoar and gave us an additional Filmation head, she could be a Filmation Teela. Classics Teela is a beautiful figure to look at but she needs the upgrade She-Ra got.

I understand sku's are limited, but this is Teela we're talking about. A-list and variant worthy at the very least.

I'll take another Teela 1.0, no questions asked.

I'd be very happy with a Teela 2.0 with waist twist & softer plastic uniform.

I'd be happy with a Filmation uniformed Teela too!

I want my other half.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Honestly, yes. The way I described it, if they left out the Snake Armor and Zoar and gave us an additional Filmation head, she could be a Filmation Teela. Classics Teela is a beautiful figure to look at but she needs the upgrade She-Ra got.

I understand sku's are limited, but this is Teela we're talking about. A-list and variant worthy at the very least.
    Now that is really my #1 variant.

Scott has said in the past that some characters like Teela weren't different enough in their Filmation counterparts, but then goes ahead and does Filmation Randor. There are just as many differences in him as there would be in a Filmation Teela.

Honestly, I just want the dang head - the rest would be great (collar, etc.) but I just want a Teela before the end of this line that looks like freakin' Teela, LOL.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'd love a Teela 2.0, if she would essentially be the original figure done over with the rotating bracers and waist twist. While the original Teela body is good enough for me, I'd love for her to come with her blonde ponytail up head. The big difference is that blonde Teela has more ponytail hair than redhaired Teela.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    You can disagree, but she's pretty much the most commonly requested reissue at this point. She's one of the main characters, and the main motu female. She should be evergreen, let alone reissued. If you don't have a Teela figure, or want another, you currently have to pay big bucks. I would like a Teela 2.0 very much, but skus are limited, and that doesn't mean they can't reissue the 1.0 figure with softer plastic and a non-bobblehead.
    Even that would take up an SKU.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Personally I think they should just save it for a 200x style Teela. I'm actually happy with the one I have (she doesn't have a bobble head, has good ankles, and looks great posed.) but as they said it would take up a sku, make it a worthy varient when/if the line gets healthier.
    A 200X style Teela would probably be a teen buck, just like a 200X Adam.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 5, 2012 at 10:13am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    It's sad that Teela isn't going into production

Maybe we can get a 2.0 version down the line - blonde hair, filmation acurate head, waist swivel?
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Wouldn't Loo-Kee be a great "free gift?"

I'm only saying it because he's from PoP (like Frosta), he's not an integral part of the story, he is "tough to find" in the show, and he's not one of the "highly demanded" small guys...like Kowl.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Scott has said in the past that some characters like Teela weren't different enough in their Filmation counterparts, but then goes ahead and does Filmation Randor. There are just as many differences in him as there would be in a Filmation Teela.
    Randor figure: Jitsu armor, cape, normal body with fuzzy shorts and boots.
    Filmation Randor: long blue overcoat with puffy shoulders, leggings under a skirt, and pixie style boots.

I think the head and the lower arms are about the only thing the same between the two.

The only difference with the two Teelas would be a slightly different hair style and trunks instead of a skirt. Of all the main, original characters, I can't think of anyone who actually has fewer differences twixt original figure, Filmation and Classics figure.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post

I'm only saying it because he's from PoP (like Frosta), he's not an integral part of the story, he is "tough to find" in the show, and he's not one of the "highly demanded" small guys...like Kowl.

I can live with that - I can't say I'm looking forward to getting this character - he was incredibly annoying in the show and was really the only thing I disliked about the POP cartoon. He;'d be better as a gift than a figure SKU.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post

I don't think they'll ever do something like that again after DCU Gleek exploded the internets.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    I don't think they'll ever do something like that again after DCU Gleek exploded the internets.
    Well, we've been told that nobody is guaranteed anything unless they are a subscriber and all subscribers are getting it. It's not like you need to be there at a certain time/place to get it.

But Loo-Kee a character non-subscribers would never get. That's the same as not getting Gleek if you didn't attend SDCC.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Yes. He explained it at Power Con. It's in one of the videos Pixel Dan posted. He basicay said that instead of casting X parts in February, X parts in March, X parts in April and so on, they made a budget decision to cast all the parts at once and paint them as they needed them.

This made sense, but then he followed it up with something that deserves to get someone choked: the paint curing process was botched. This is why we are seeing rub and smudges.
    Thanks for the info. I have no use for TG's words at this point as the end result is the same no matter what he says.

I'm still not convinced we won't see black plastic under Grayskull. They may just buy a crap ton of that stuff at a bulk discount for all I know. The only thing I know for certain about what goes on behind matty's closed doors is they find any way they can to cheap out, quality of product be darned!

- - - Updated - - -

That's odd since Veebee at the fwoosh has a correct one and I saw another correct one at Power Con in package in the display case.
    My Roboto came with correct shoulders, so it is possible that a figure comes out correctly even when the majority of the run is botched.

too bad my pristine Roboto started cracking....

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Randor figure: Jitsu armor, cape, normal body with fuzzy shorts and boots.
    Filmation Randor: long blue overcoat with puffy shoulders, leggings under a skirt, and pixie style boots.

I think the head and the lower arms are about the only thing the same between the two.

The only difference with the two Teelas would be a slightly different hair style and trunks instead of a skirt. Of all the main, original characters, I can't think of anyone who actually has fewer differences twixt original figure, Filmation and Classics figure.
    GREAT point. I think a Teela variant would be well recieved. However like SCB said...would you rather see a Teela variant or Dragstor (for example). At this point its prolly something we SHOULD have seen done by now, at least along the lines of an upgrade via "the bubble power effect".
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.