Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread October 2012

Spector way out sold Slushead if that tells you anything.
    If that is indeed the case, that would mean the 30th subscription outsold the regular 2012 subscription which I find highly improbable.

Anyone have any clarity on this comment? Does he mean on day of sale?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I guess a Teela variant is another one of those things that could come should the line "stabilize" after 2015...IF the line ever recovers. The line might last long enough to finish the vintage characters, but we might not finish off everyone else.

Or the line might get shrunken down to 4 to 6 figures a year, or even 1 figure a year.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    If that is indeed the case, that would mean the 30th subscription outsold the regular 2012 subscription which I find highly improbable.

He's got to mean day of sale.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 5, 2012 at 12:28pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    One new answer: Spector outsold Slushhead by far.
    Should I laugh or cry? Hmmmmm??
    If this is true then I am very disapointed in the MOTUC figure buying community. Poor poor Slush Head.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Day of sales is obvious.

I'd love a Teela 2.0, if she would essentially be the original figure done over with the rotating bracers and waist twist. While the original Teela body is good enough for me, I'd love for her to come with her blonde ponytail up head. The big difference is that blonde Teela has more ponytail hair than redhaired Teela.
    That is what I want! Point Dread Teela!!!!

The figure should be evergreen, but not 1.0. The head is a bobble head on ALL figures... It doesn't wobble, but the way the head was produced prevents it from sitting in the neck correctly. It's too high.

You can also see that when you put the helmeted head on. The snake armor doesn't sit on the bust low enough. There are indentations in the armor for the bust.

So for those who say she doesn't have a bobble head, can you post pics of your Teela head sitting on the neck correctly? The plug hole isn't deep enough
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Spector way out sold Slushead if that tells you anything.

Regardless of how you interpret Scott's comment, I don't see how it can possibly have any useful meaning. There's no way he could have meant total sales because of the reason you described. If he just meant day of sales, that's a totally useless bit of information for the very same reason. Nearly everyone who wanted Slushead got him through the sub, but there were probably a bunch of people (weirdos) that wanted Spector that didn't have a 30th sub. If only Spector would have turned everyone off from buying a 30th sub, he could have been the best selling figure in the last several years.

On a different topic: I may have overlooked previous discussion on it, but what do you guys think about that Unnamed One question? I shudder to think what they'll do with that...

Why would someone need to "cut" a review sample of Dekker to see if he's got black painted plastic? All you have to do is look at it. Their paint chips all over the place.
    Last edited by davidlogan; October 5, 2012 at 03:29pm. Reason: it posted twice for some reason...
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    So for those who say she doesn't have a bobble head, can you post pics of your Teela head sitting on the neck correctly? The plug hole isn't deep enough
    Mine doesn't have a bobblehead. I don't know why I got lucky with this. Her head does sit in the same position as everyone else's, however. At least, I think it does.

He's got to mean day of sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Day of sales is obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    Regardless of how you interpret Scott's comment, I don't see how it can possibly have any useful meaning. There's no way he could have meant total sales because of the reason you described. If he just meant day of sales, that's a totally useless bit of information for the very same reason. Nearly everyone who wanted Slushead got him through the sub, but there were probably a bunch of people (weirdos) that wanted Spector that didn't have a 30th sub. If only Spector would have turned everyone off from buying a 30th sub, he could have been the best selling figure in the last several years.
    Yes, and as he has repeatedly said that day of sale numbers are so miniscule as to not matter, why even bring it up? Surely total sales of a figure weigh more heavily when deciding which figures are more likely to sell than the day of sale sales numbers.

I feel that if you showed a photo of the Spector figure and a photo of the Slushhead figure to MOTU fans who had never seen them before and told them they could only pick one to own, they'd choose Slushy any day of the week. I'm not the biggest NA fan by any stretch but I'd still like to get at the very least Hydron, NA Skeletor, and He-Man.

Cut Rattlor Armor

I know you stated there was a shot of the Rattlor prototype (that included the armor which was later cut after the deco costs came back higher)

My question is will you be trying to get Rattlors Armour out to us fans in 2013 somehow either packed in with another figure or via a weapons pack like you did with the 2012 Figures cut Accessories since 2014 is still up in the air?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to your reply.

We already announced that we are looking into this (watch Pixel Dan's SDCC walk through video). No plans now, but the armor was tool'd so we'd love to get it out one day.
    I really love that a corporation like Mattel refers its customers to Pixel Dan's SDCC walk-through video to get clarification on a question. Not to be rude, but not EVERYONE in the world knows who Pixel Dan is. Scott should have answered the question and left it at that. It comes off as if the Pixel Dan video is an official Mattel informational video when it is not that. It is a fan created (very well done) video done with Scott on his personal site (that he pays for, not Mattel).
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Mine doesn't have a bobblehead. I don't know why I got lucky with this. Her head does sit in the same position as everyone else's, however. At least, I think it does.
    http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/a...u/bc3316e8.jpg
    The best way to tell us if the rounded part of the neck fits snugly against the rounded curve of the underside of the head. Every Teela figure I've ever seen has the head a good 16th of an inch higher than it should. if yours isn't like that, then you are lucky!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I have to say, none of my Teelas have a bobble head.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I have to say, none of my Teelas have a bobble head.
    Seriously? The inside curve of the head fits tightly against the rounded curve of the neck?

When did you buy her?

I haven't deconstructed the figures, but my BG Teela and regular Teela don't have any bobble to their heads. The Green Goddess has a slight bobble, though. I have three Teelas and two BG Teelas and none of them have bobbleheads. I bought one of each on sale day. The other three I picked up off Ebay later on.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Yeah, my Goddess has the bobblehead. My Teela's head sits higher like everyone else's (the neck/back of the head do not meet), but no bobble. My figure is from Oct 2009.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    BOTH of my Teelas and my Green Goddess suffer from what Brian is describing. Even if your Teela dosent have the distinct "bobble" I still bet the head does not fit on the peg all the way. Whiplash7's pic looks pretty good though, so maybe there are some good ones out there.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

I think it's not that they actually bobble (shake), it's that they sit higher than they should, and therefore can't look up or pose the way they should.

It's not noticeable until you look at her from the side. There is no "deconstruction" necessary.

It's a small detail, but it's an ugly mistake, in my opinion, on a really beautiful figure.

My She-Ra (both of them) and Vikor have the worst neck/head articulation of any figures. I think Vikor may be the worst. I can barely get any head movement out of that figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Scott has mentioned TWICE how he fast-tracked He-Ro because he wanted him (I'm glad he did), and its no secret that Scott isn't a huge POP fan, hence the lack of POP characters. LoL

Then there is Spector and Lt. Spector.

Then there are Vikor and Demo-Man, figures Scott said he put in the line after discovering the original drawings.

This line is absolutely "Scott's line."

He's the one who decides the line-up.
    By the end of 2014, however, I don't think many would/will be disappointed with his choices overall. Looks like we'll have most of the wanted characters by then. At least it looks that way.

Yeah, Vikor is difficult. The hair is super stuff and impedes movement

As for character variation, I'll be happy when I have
    more variation.

I finally have an avatar. Yay!
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Cut the crappy rule on He-Man, Teela, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn & Hordak ! They ALL need their Filmation variants !!

Teela 2.0 = Filmation Teela !!

D..O...T !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

My Goddess had the bobble head, not my Teelas, I have two.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    My Goddess had the bobble head, not my Teelas, I have two.
    So the Teela heads don't float a little too high above the neck?

The reason I am being a stickler about this is because I am SURE that EVERYONE's Teela has a head that floats too high above the neck, due to the hole in the head not being able to fully accomodate the neck peg.

I don't mean Bobble Head as in shaky head... I just mean erroneously produced.

If all of you keep saying "No, my Teelas are perfect," then you'll never get your version 2.0...

It's kind of ironic, because I should just be quiet and not bother... I'd rather have Flutterina anyway

So the Teela heads don't float a little too high above the neck?
    Hmmm... just looked at my Teela (who has no bobble head) and I'm not sure what you mean here. do you mean you think she should have no space between her head and neck no matter which way she's positioned? When she is looking straight forward mine seems fine. I don't think it could sit any lower on her head without making her look weird...

Photo on 2012-10-06 at 00.10 #2.jpgPhoto on 2012-10-06 at 00.11 #2.jpg

Now, when you position her head down there is a gap, but I'd think that was expected because of her short hair? Is that what you're seeing? Or does yours look different?

Photo on 2012-10-06 at 00.10 #4.jpg

Agreed that Vikor has the worse head-motion. If I try to have him look a little side-ways, his head pops off.

Not sure about Teela. She hasn't got great range of motion - but it's ok. She looks down nicely, but not up very well.

Perhaps Brian could provide pics?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!