Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread October 2012

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    I think they do that to entice fence sitters, then after the price goes up peolpe go well its another $50 thats ok.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    New stuff is up!

Grayskull is going to be $250?
    That's going to hurt the international sales, I reckon.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I was 99% confident that the $200 price they threw out was not going to be the final price. The first price they throw out never seems to be the final price. I'm still in for $250, but I wish they would just not throw out their "low-ball" price if they know that isn't going to be the final price. I would much rather them say it's going to be about $300 and then when it's said and done say it will actually be $250.
    I really think it is that they are not confident from a sales perspective. Scott is not a salesman but he tries to do every job. By low balling the price they get your interest and have less fear of you balking at the product. But when the price changes the customers become leery and rightfully so. They simply had to present all the positives and say to give us the best CG possible they have to charge $250. But I imagine this new price will sour a lot of potential buyers. I just hope we get it...
    Last edited by wundarwarrior; October 10, 2012 at 10:50am.

$250 is getting scary, after shipping and tax I'm now expecting around $300. Gonna be hard to tell my wife....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    $250 is getting scary, after shipping and tax I'm now expecting around $300. Gonna be hard to tell my wife....
    Just tell her; "Honey, this is probably literally a once in a lifetime chance to own a one-of-a-kind collectible. The fact that Mattel is even making this is something incredibly special. I will treasure this piece to my grave." Or something to that effect. If she isn't brought to tears by your outpouring of adoration... then she has no soul.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

I think this thing is going to blow us away. I had always prepared for 300 bucks or higher.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

I don't even want to think about how much the shipping and customs would be on a $250 CG.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    I don't even want to think about how much the shipping and customs would be on a $250 CG.
    EXACTTLY!! Dont think, just BUY! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    I'd rather pay $250 than suffer from Mattel's horrible cost reduction measures.
    Don't worry, you'll probably get to do both!

I hope CG does well at that price. I'm a little worried about it potentially not reaching minimum sales.

I'd rather it be $250.00 with everything, than having it incomplete!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I hope CG does well at that price. I'm a little worried about it potentially not reaching minimum sales.
    I'm a little skeptical as well. $250-$300 is alot of money. The ultimate Castle Grayskull would be awesome but where would fans draw the line.?

I guess I still can live with the $250 price tag, cause I'm planning to buy two, but if it reaches $300, then I have to settle with one CG.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Me too. I'd rather they put the energy and resources into more figures.
    Last edited by Scorpia; November 15, 2012 at 01:44pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    If Fortress Maximus can do it, Grayskull can do it!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    If Fortress Maximus can do it, Grayskull can do it!
    Amen! Are we just going to sit here and let the TF fans get their holy grail, and let ours slip through our fingers? Nay, I say! Nay! *

*I also always wanted Fort Max too, but I have my priorities, and they begin with a C and end with a skull.

$250.... custom agents would be waiting for me with forks and knives for my wallet....
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Yeah, $250 sucks, but it is the grail. I will gladly cough it up, I dont know if I will get 2 at that price. It really depends on the packaging. I imagine it will be like the Wind Raider, therefore I can open it and display the empty box.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I've added 7 more answers!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

I love the answer about the flying guy .....so helpful and informative! Also, why would you type a question backwards?!

Quote Originally Posted by rikdom View Post
    Don't worry, you'll probably get to do both!
    I laughed so hard at this.

"It's a flying guy" really? come on TG we wanna know more about this guy Is he just a Skeleton Warrior Wizard? Is there just one of them, a few of them or does Skeletor have a army of them like the normal Skeleton Warriors?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

$200 for Grayskull and I was in. At $250 I'm much more cautious. Now would be a really great time for Mattel to announce a European distribution centre to slash the shipping/customs costs!

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Im a completist with MOTUC (minus SDCC KG). However I have always coveted my figs over any vehicles or playsets when toy collecting. Now this is CASTLE GRE(A)YSKULL and I want it... but 250 plus shipping is alotta scratch. I really want it, but would have felt much more "secure" if the holy grail stayed closer to 2 bills rather than 3.
    I dont wanna get flamed for this but if this were a pre order for a 10 figure NA ($25.00x10) sub I would do it in a heartbeat. I always prefer the figures over the other stuff though so thats just me. I wouldnt pay 250 for a Starship Eternia either, I would just rather have more figures.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    $250? No way. Add another $50 just for VAT and an extra $10 just for the privilage of it entering my country...Then the postage on top of that? I won't be contributing towards that minimum order
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)