Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread October 2012

Heroic Warrior
    Well... Now I'm REALLY hoping for a Flying fist He-man to be the next variant. That way they can add in the new wrist... and STILL give us a he-man that can be mix-and-matched to get the 'perfect' one.

I WOULD have said Snake armor for the next one.... but there's too much there, I'm sure there will be 'sculpting' on THAT figure

But if we need a legit variant to get a new wrist... let's go with the most 'basic' looking one we can!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Well... Now I'm REALLY hoping for a Flying fist He-man to be the next variant. That way they can add in the new wrist... and STILL give us a he-man that can be mix-and-matched to get the 'perfect' one.

I WOULD have said Snake armor for the next one.... but there's too much there, I'm sure there will be 'sculpting' on THAT figure

But if we need a legit variant to get a new wrist... let's go with the most 'basic' looking one we can!!!
    He-Man 2.0 is another thing that depends on Mattel themselves -- if they can get their act together by July. That 2014 sub and future subs depends on what they do in 2013! Ram Man through NA He-Man better be flawless!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Toyguru's new answers are up! And more are coming!

That NA He-Man answer sounds cryptic...could the bio lead to He-Man PERMANENTLY becoming Adam?
    Did you mix those names up?
    I'm pretty sure Adam will permanently become He-Man. Based on NA's story, and the King He-Man figure.

What is dare armor?

He-Man 2.0 is another thing that depends on Mattel themselves -- if they can get their act together by July. That 2014 sub and future subs depends on what they do in 2013! Ram Man through NA He-Man better be flawless!
    actaully a Heman 2.0 was shot down by scott. His comment was that we could get either a He-Man 2.0 or one of the vintage figures we still need. So I dont see He-Man 2.0 happening now. Just guy a spare NA Heman an swap wrists ppl...

With the limited slots MOTUC is getting going forward I personally wouldn't be fussed about getting a He-Man 2.0.

Well hopefully we'll get two different NA Skeletor's so that will even out the HM/Skel ratio a little but I don't think it really necessary to keep them even.

I really hope we can get that NA HM 2nd head and armor included.
    Hopefully we'll be able to get Jitsu and Clamp Champ's belts and Ratlors armour with a future figure.

Go Kittrina!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    With the limited slots MOTUC is getting going forward I personally wouldn't be fussed about getting a He-Man 2.0.

Well hopefully we'll get two different NA Skeletor's so that will even out the HM/Skel ratio a little but I don't think it really necessary to keep them even.

I really hope we can get that NA HM 2nd head and armor included.
    Hopefully we'll be able to get Jitsu and Clamp Champ's belts and Ratlors armour with a future figure.

Go Kittrina!
    I find it amazing how FEW Skeletor variants I like... I actually had a couple of He-men when I was a kid... but I always had the 'real' skeletor. Something about those 'extra' armors ... just didn't work for me.

I never LIKED my Battle armor or Thunderpunch... but I DID have them. If they didn't make ANY more Skeletor variants I'd be happy

gold armor sword and shield for he-man

when you get to the next weapons pak, would you please include he-man's classic original armor in gold with red cross symbol same colours as na he-mans plus the classic sword of he with gold hilt and trans-green blade and a trans-green classic shield. i think that would be so cool

Anything is possible but no plans right now.
    Please do this. Those would look neat on NA He-Man. And He-Bro needs his gold chest armor.

NA He-Man sword sheath

I noticed the two blue "holes" in the back of He-Mans armor. Is there supposed to be a sheath for his sword in that place? Since the figure is still in a very early stage of development, was the sheath just not finished yet?
    If you didn´t plan for him to have a sheath for his sword, would you please reconsider that decission?

Yes, the sword holder was not finished in time for NYCC but will be included.
    Nice! I didn’t even think that NA He-Man might come with a sheath. A sheath on top of the fact that his wrist is articulated for “I have the power” pose. This may be may favorite He-Man variant in the line…if his quality turns out good.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    actaully a Heman 2.0 was shot down by scott. His comment was that we could get either a He-Man 2.0 or one of the vintage figures we still need. So I dont see He-Man 2.0 happening now. Just guy a spare NA Heman an swap wrists ppl...
    Rep, what I was talking about is that future variants depend on how Mattel handles QC and DR screw ups. If Mattel improves, we might see these things come out if the line lasts beyond 2014.

Shezar-Illumina-Crita fan The All American's Avatar
    I think a He-Man 2.0 would be a wasteful slot. If we make it to 2016 or 2017, it might be a good idea, but now, doesn't make good sense to me. How much can he be improved upon? Maybe I'm not seeing the potential. I'd rather have a 3rd rate Filmation character than a He-Man re-do.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I think a He-Man 2.0 would be a wasteful slot. If we make it to 2016 or 2017, it might be a good idea, but now, doesn't make good sense to me. How much can he be improved upon? Maybe I'm not seeing the potential. I'd rather have a 3rd rate Filmation character than a He-Man re-do.
    The only thing I could see apprved upon would be his hand to hold the sword aloft so to speak, and possibly a new head like Filmation style..... Otherwise the original He-Man is an awesome figure.

But, if they do another He-Man variant, which is taking a slot anyways, then they should use the BP She-Ra theory and make him swappable to become the Ultimate He-Man, with the Bow wrists.

He can be improved numerous ways like the wrist articulation changed for the iconic pose, a Filmation accurate Power Sword could be included along with a proper Filmation accurate sword sheath to attach to his harness, a more filmation styled head like some fans want or a different head with a different expression are just a few ways that he can be improved upon.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    More POP in 2013! Yes!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't it be nice to get a vintage core member of the GR like Castaspella and a Filmation POP character like Madame Razz as the SDCC exclusive?!!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

LOL! Not me. I'd take a Filmation He-Man over Yuckers and other Filmation morts anytime. Not all new characters are good.

LOL! Not me. I'd take a Filmation He-Man over Yuckers and other Filmation morts anytime. Not all new characters are good.
    Agreed sir! I'd love a more 200X He-Man for 2.0 over Filmation.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    The only thing I could see apprved upon would be his hand to hold the sword aloft so to speak, and possibly a new head like Filmation style..... Otherwise the original He-Man is an awesome figure.
    Just off the top of my head, I'd like to get one with the new ankle boots, tighter knees, and the new wrist.

I'd STILL like to see it more as a bubble power thing, where you can mix and match than just sticking He-man in a monthly slot.

Then again... THIS. There are a lot of characters these last two years I skipped because of no interest. Now I'm suckered into a sub, I'm afraid of what's coming this year >.<

As long as the re-do is done in an appealing way I'd be all over it. Heck they could make him a "Mix and Match" He-Man (like BP She-Ra). Maybe kill 2 alternate looks in one Figure (Filmation and 200X)
    Besides I'd take a He-Man who can hold his sword aloft over Squinch, Star Child, the Twiggets or General Tataran.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

The comment TG made about why getting to a He-Man 2.0 is unlikely so they can focus on getting out new characters gave me a thrill The fact that he actually said, "We will likly have very limited slots in 2014 due to the low sell in of the 2013 line. Dedicating a slot to a new He-Man with new arm articulation or a new head or something will take away a slot from an all new character like a POP Great Rebelllion fig, or a Snake Man or a missing MIA Master figure like Extendar or Rokkon or something." The fact he referenced Extendar and Rokkon (2 of my biggest wants--besides Dragstor) gives me hope we will see both of these guys before the line ends (which I still think this line has a few years left in it--even if the sub goes away). I know he is just using examples, but like someone posted one time--it seems like he drops hints (either intentionally or not) of characters coming down the pike that he may be working on at that time and are in the forefront of his mind
    Last edited by He-Kal; October 25, 2012 at 04:38pm.

Yuckers is a 9th rate Filmation character, from the 9th level of....

I would be for a Filmation He-Man, which would be a worthy variant. But a 2.0 with just wrist or ankle articulation seems silly. I just don't see room for much improvement.

I would be for a Filmation He-Man, which would be a worthy variant. But a 2.0 with just wrist or ankle articulation seems silly. I just don't see room for much improvement.
    I'd rather see Oo-Larr first.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Is that bare feet He-Man? There obviously is desire for these He-Man figures, I am impressed He-Man still holds that sway. I just would rather have new characters than re-dos and most variants. It would be a shame in my mind if we missed out on Melaktha, Twistoid, or a Castle Grayskull Robot because we needed a 2.0 or variant that seems could be easily achieved by a bit of customization ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    LOL! Me too, but I would take a Filmation He-Man too!

I've said it before and I'll say it again (and again and again and again until we get one), I want a Filmation He-Man more than anything else in this line.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Is it just me, or did TG's latest answer to MegaGearMax's question treat MGM as though he is a complete idiot?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela