Thread: Unofficial Cartoon Guide...printing error

Unofficial Cartoon Guide...printing error

I am not posting this to bash James Eatock; just to make him, and possibly others, aware. I just received my copy today and noticed pages 259-270 are inserted backwards and upside down! I know this is the fault of no one but the printer, but I would like to know if there is anything that can be done.

If you ordered one is yours the same way?

This was just brought to my attention - I'm NOT happy about this - I HATE the idea that a bunch of copies have gone out with such an ugly error!

I'm still in Los Angeles and won't be back in the UK until the weekend, at which point I'll set the wheels in motion to get this taken care of!

Don't give up on me yet...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
    I am not posting this to bash James Eatock; just to make him, and possibly others, aware. I just received my copy today and noticed pages 259-270 are inserted backwards and upside down! I know this is the fault of no one but the printer, but I would like to know if there is anything that can be done.

If you ordered one is yours the same way?

Heroic Warrior
    My copy is fine (I got mine on saturday). I had to check the pages to make sure.

Hi James,

When a book goes out, does one get notified? Reason i ask is that i placed on order over 3 weeks ago but haven't received the book or notification. Thanks in advance.

I didn't get a 'Shipping' notice, my guide just popped up on my doorstep a couple days ago. Looking forward to diving into it.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't get notified either.

No notice for me, either. But, what an AWESOME surprise to come home to! I had no idea what it was until opened.

Everything looked great in my book. Hopefully the flipped pages is a limited error. Sorry to hear about your bad luck.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Hopefully y'all should have your books by now...and hopefully without any upside down pages - I sent a STERN email to my printers today - It will be good to get some sort of monetary compensation considering this is going to set me back a GREAT deal of money if more incorrectly printed books show up...

Odds are, though, it's not that many with the upside-down pages. Looks like one register got flipped by accident during stitching. It could be one copy or a handful of copies. It happens. You could do a replacement, keep track of the returned copies and extra shipping costs and ask the printer to refund that or credit that to your next printing.

We must set the shadow beasts upon the printers!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Odds are, though, it's not that many with the upside-down pages. Looks like one register got flipped by accident during stitching. It could be one copy or a handful of copies. It happens. You could do a replacement, keep track of the returned copies and extra shipping costs and ask the printer to refund that or credit that to your next printing.
    After I give them a verbal ear-bashing I will DEFINITELY ask for credit - It's the very least they could do!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrashor View Post
    We must set the shadow beasts upon the printers!
    Death by Shadow Beast is too good for them...

SuperMario, I sent you a PM on Monday - Please check it out so we can resolve the problem!