Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC Mini-Comic Q&A Thread 2012 (SPOILERS)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC Mini-Comic Q&A Thread 2012 (SPOILERS)

Welcome to the Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC Mini-Comic Q&A thread!

I made a separate thread from the October Mattycollector.com thread because when Toyguru clarifies things from the mini-comic series, the answers and the fan response to those answers will spoil the surprise for those fans who didn't receive Dragon Blaster Skeletor yet.

If you don't have the last mini-comic and don't want to be spoiled, leave the thread!

Toyguru's Recent Posts on Mattycollector.com's Forum

Like last year, instead of posting EVERY little thing in it's own post, I'll gather them ALL the relevant MOTUC Ask Matty postings here. Keep checking for updates! The old threads are ancient history and won't be updated anymore. This is the new spot until next month.

As always, I'll put the most recent news up first, while the old news is down the bottom.

Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread I
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread II
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread September 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread October 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread November 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread December 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread January 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread February 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread March 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread April 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread May 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread July 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread August 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread September 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread October 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread December 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread January 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread February 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread March 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread April 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread May 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread June 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread July 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread August 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread September 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread October 2012
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NEW STUFF!!!

Eternia Post Second Ultimate Battleground

With He-man and She-Ra chasing after Skeletor and Hordak dying in the Second Ultimate Battleground, do we get to see the continuing story of the 'leftover' heroic and evil warriors left behind on Eternia?

Would Clamp Champ be leading the Heroic Warriors against Beast Man and the Evil Warriors? Would they be having tea parties together? Will the bio's cover this period in Eternia?

Sorry to sound repetitive, but...

Keep reading the bios!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OLD STUFF!!!

3rd Mini Comic Ultimate Battleground

in the awesome 3rd minicomic included in DB Skeletor, there's shown a generic Andreenoids warrior right next to buzz off which has the same look of the 200x Buzz Off. Is there's any chance to see it in motuc version since he appears in the minicomic? I'm sure there's no plan right now, but my question is if one character have an appearance in the minicomic does it necessary menas that the chances to see it in motuc increase?

I suppose anything is possible, but nothing to confirm now.
    The Spell of Separation separated the snakemen due to their hybrid nature. Why it did not have an effect on Skeletor? (Hybrid nature due to being half gar, half whatever Demo-Man is)
    Depowering Evil-Lyn

Why does the New Sorceress depower Evil-Lyn during the Second Ultimate Battleground when at that point both are allies?

The bios state that Evil-Lyn finds herself allied with Skeletor before she is stripped of her powers. But according to the Comics Skeletor and the New Sorceress are as well allied at that point (Skeletor's betrayal happens later)

Many events including alliance changes happened between pages and even panels. Plus in the big picture, as Teela noted, Evil Lyn had long abused her powers brining great evil back to Eternia. Teela was doing what she needed to protect Eternia.
    NA Trilogy & SOHM Trilogy in upcoming mini comics?

Are there more mini comics coming?

I think SOHM is a good way to attempt to carry the "brand narrative" forward AFTER NA is "depleted". 2013 and 2014 seem to focus on all of the figs that were characters in the first mini comic trilogy - which includes GR/POP, POG and MOTU characters. The next set of mini comics SHOULD focus on the NA story (which should stay very close to the MOTU roots). During that time, we will get an influx of NA and NA influenced characters - like NA She-Ra (I can see her as a sub exclusive). With the NA story arc unfolding, MOTU, NA and POP will have strong representation in the line. Perhaps 1 fig a year will be SOHM, which will likely be the next and final story arc.

Right now, no plans for more minis beyond the single 2013 comic.
    3rd Mini-comic Mekaneck question

If the Snake Men's DNA was split apart with the Spell of Separation, then was Mekaneck saved and restored to normal?

Mekaneck was changed into a Snake Man, not a Snake Man that was created. The Spell didn't kill him, but it didn't change him back either.
    After the war

Loved the mini-comic, cant wait to read the one with King He-Man.

After the war in the 3rd mini-comic and the death of Duncan still fresh in his mind will Clamp Champ retired from being a Master due to the death of Man-At-Arms? Is that when King He-Man sent for Sir Laser Lot?

There are decades between the Ultimate Battle Ground and King He-Man's time. For now, we are leaving it there.
    Did any Great Rebellion characters perish during the Second Ultimate Battleground?

You don't have to reveal who died (if anyone), but did She-Ra lose any of her forces in that great battle?

Their were a lot of casualties on all sides. Lets leave it there for now...
    Bio Question: About Stratos...

Are you going to eventually reveal who killed Stratos or how he died?

You saw what Strotos was up against when he and the Avion Army swept into the Second Ultimate Battleground. The details are yet to be revealed!
    Kobra Khan and the Spell of Separation

Since Khan is a "puny descendant" of the true Snake Men, was he destroyed along with the ancient Snake Men or did the spell not effect him?

Yes, he also had his DNA pulled apart.
    Ultimate Battlegrounds duration

About how many hours did both Ultimate Battlegrounds go on for? Battles that epic would seem like they would have gone on for days, considering the might of all of the characters involved.

Yeah, definately longer than the few panels we had to work with. A lot happened between pages as well as between panels!
    Comic #3 spoiler question redux.

Well that was embarrassing. Let's try this again. Snake Mechanek. How the heck did that happen? Figure possibility?

See the comic book based on episode 40 of the 200X series for all the details!
    Evil-Lyn's allegiance: Mini Comic vs Bios

I have a question on the MOTUC canon:

In the bios it says:
    "After Randor and Miro returned from Despondos, the Three Towers rose and Evil-Lyn found herself again allied with Skeletor during the Second Ultimate Battleground."

But the 3rd Minic Comic clearly shows Evil-Lyn fighting against Skeletor and his Evil Warriors during the SUB.

Can you clarify what is correct?

PS: And do I get this right? She releases Hordak, but then joins Skeletor again and releases Gygor to help him, only to then betray him again and join Hordak before the SUB?

Both are correct. As the battle raged on and warriors fell on both sides, alliances came and went based on the heat of battle. Events took place both between pages and between pannels in the 3rd mini. 12 pages was not enough to tell this epic battle so we had to pick and choose what events we showed.
    [SPOILER] About the fantastic 3rd Mini Comic : 2nd Ultimate Battleground.

I read a lot of times the mini comic and I can say loudly: it's awesome. Even my wife (not really he-fan) loves it! So, congrats.

The big gun of Skeletor is totally awesome! Where does it come from? Is it coming from a vintage art that I don't know, from a part of the canon not yet revealed or is it a brand new cool idea?
    I would love to get this gun one day released in the MOTUC line. Maybe with TC Skeletor or NA Skeletor?! Big Grin

I hope we can consider the awesome double picture frames with all characters as characters on the top list for 2013 and beyond.
    I REALLY WANT THEM ALL, and especially PRAHVUS and KING MIRO :-)
    I even saw Evil seed in the bottom hihihihi

THANK YOU

Comic books are a visual medium. The gun was a visual way of reminding the reader that Skeletor's powers are reduced (as noted in issue 1) and he is forced to use a non traditional weapon to keep up.
    Skeletor's gun

is there any chance we could get that cool gun Skeletor has in the third mini comic?

That would be a cool accessory. No plans to announce right now.
    3rd Mini-Comic

I just wanted to post a thank you for that EPIC conclusion. I just got my September shipment and tore into that comic right away. I am floored at how many characters (especially Great Rebellion) you were able to get into those spreads. I also want to thank you for the prominent role that She-Ra was given. I hope you can some day get to an additional comic showing the "new adventures" of He-Man and She-Ra. At any rate, great job and keep up the positive direction this line is going in!

I hope so too! We had to maximize the very few pages and panels we did have. One day it would be great to do more.
    3rd mini comic question

What happened to Hordak? As buzz saw he hits skeleton in the back then skeleton changes to NA and leaves for space

He was killed by Skeletor's spell (but not before unleashing one final attack!)
    Great black wizard?

Will we know more about him? Could he be a candidate for a Motuc figure? He looks awesome!

Ready for it.....

Keep reading the bios (and mini comics)!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; November 24, 2012 at 11:54am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

You forget this one MGM
    hmmmm it's not only a "Keep Reading"... Let's hope!

Great black wizard?

Will we know more about him? Could he be a candidate for a Motuc figure? He looks awesome!

Ready for it.....

Keep reading the bios (and mini comics)!

Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    You forget this one MGM
    hmmmm it's not only a "Keep Reading"... Let's hope!
    Thanks Arvillus.

Looks like Kobra Khan is a goner too...She-Ra might have lost some friends...

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Hmmm...does anybody think that we're going to see the Snake Men as different figures?
    I'm only saying it because the question asked about Kobra Khan being "destroyed" and Scott specifically said, "DNA pulled apart" meaning that he may not be dead...just not fused with the snake DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Thanks Arvillus.

Looks like Kobra Khan is a goner too...She-Ra might have lost some friends...
    I wonder if these details will be revealed in the upcoming bios of potential Great Rebellion MOTUC figures. I hope that it's not Castaspella.

Wait...

Where in the first mini-comic were we ever told that Skeletor's powers were "reduced?"

And if they were, and he needed a gun, then how did he use a "spell" to kill Hordak?

Hordak's death didn't warrant a panel?

Messy.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Well thanks MGM that was cool of you to coral all that up....

I'd like to know more about that black wizard....
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    I may be a Filmation idealist, but in my Universe, no one dies, Orko is NOT a capable sorcerer, and If you are going to kill characters, off-panel deaths nor stating numerous casualties outside the pages does not a cohesive story make. And congratulations to Clamp Champ! For killing the old Man-At-Arms, he is the NEW Man-At-Arms! How feudal!

Why the necesity of killing anyway? Masters of the Universe was never like this before....does everything have to "get real" now? Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Jun-Yor; October 2, 2012 at 04:37pm.

Castle Grayskullman.

Sorceress dead.

Stratos dead.

Mekaneck dead.

Hordak dead.

Duncan dead.

Spector.

Evil-Lyn without powers.

That's all I have to say.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

hm....?

dead characters with MOTUC figures. The list is getting quite long:

Man-At-Arms
    Snake Man-At-Arms
    King Grayskull
    King Grayskull 2.0
    Hordak
    Hurricane Hordak
    Sorceress
    Tempel of Darkness Sorceress
    Kobra Kahn
    Stratos
    Rattlor
    King Hsss
    Snake Men (Army Builders)
    He-Ro
    Tytus

soon to come:

Snake Face
    ???Great Rebellion member(s)???

dead before they had a figure:

Tung Lashor
    Squeeze
    Blast Attack

unclear:

defeated Whiplash and Clawful what ever that means.

I΄m sure i missed someone.
    Last edited by Niki; October 2, 2012 at 04:42pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Castle Grayskullman.

Sorceress dead.

Stratos dead.

Mekaneck dead.

Hordak dead.

Duncan dead.

Spector.

Evil-Lyn without powers.

That's all I have to say.
    So if he isn't killin the lien, he's killing them in the story. I guess he needs more room for HIS characters. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    So if he isn't killin the lien, he's killing them in the story. I guess he needs more room for HIS characters. LOL
    I don't mind an occasional death, if it is used well in a story. But none of these deaths has been all that epic.

The Sorceress was killed by a poisonous snake bite. Why didnt Hssss just bite everyone he could?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Why didnt Hssss just bite everyone he could?
    Maybe he was on a diet?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Wait...

Where in the first mini-comic were we ever told that Skeletor's powers were "reduced?"
    Page two, last panel. It's a "blink and you'll miss it" mentioning.

And if they were, and he needed a gun, then how did he use a "spell" to kill Hordak?
    King Hsss has Skeletor's Havoc Staff, presumably ever since he lost it back during their fight in that Episode 40 comic that came with the 3rd and last MYP DVD. When Hsss died, Skeletor got his staff back, allowing him to be able to fight Hordak.

LOL! With his dying breath as he was discorporating, he shot out his Buzzsaw into Skeletor's back. "Ungh."

Messy.
    Yes. 11 pages was insufficient to tell this story. It needed a tradepaperback. Good thing TG is open to answering questions. Of course the bios and any other mini-comics could tell us more things.

Fantastic thread!

So, I wonder if Mek is dead too...?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

A few interesting tidbits in this thread...
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Draego-Man unknown.
    Cy-Chop unknown.

Castle Grayskullman was one-use only. Dead.

Sorceress dead.
    Duncan dead.
    Stratos dead.
    Gwildor dead.

Hordak dead.

King Hsss dead.
    Rattlor dead.
    Tung Lashor dead.
    Sssqueeze dead.
    Snake Face rescued, then killed.
    Kobra Khan dead.
    All Reptons dead.
    All Snake Men army builders dead.

Evil-Lyn without powers, but alive in Son of He-Man.
    Sir Laser-Lot alive in Son of He-Man.
    Spector alive in Son of He-Man.

Mekaneck might not be dead.

Masters/Heroic Warrior members dead--identities unknown.
    Great Rebellion members dead--identities unknown.
    Evil Warrior members dead--identities unknown.
    Horde members dead--identities unknown.
    Independent villains dead--identities unknown.
    Council of Good members dead--identities unknown.

I may be a Filmation idealist, but in my Universe, no one dies, Orko is NOT a capable sorcerer, and If you are going to kill characters, off-panel deaths nor stating numerous casualties outside the pages does not a cohesive story make. And congratulations to Clamp Champ! For killing the old Man-At-Arms, he is the NEW Man-At-Arms! How feudal!

Why the necesity of killing anyway? Masters of the Universe was never like this before....does everything have to "get real" now? Just my opinion.
    It worked for Transformers. That first 30 minutes of Transformers the movie was epic! Almost two years worth of characters brought the farm, to make way for the new characters! Not only did it have death, it also had profanity! LMAO!

"Such heroic nonsense."
    "Megatron's making his big push and we've got to push back!"
    "I've got better things to do tonight than die."
    "Optimus Prime, do you read me? The Decepticons are blitzing Autobot City! We're really taking a pounding! Don't know how much longer we can hold out!"
    "Dinobots! Destroy Devastator!"
    "No more, Optimus Prime! Grant me mercy, I beg of you."
    "You who are without mercy, now plead for it? I thought you were made of sterner stuff."
    "It's over, Prime."
    "Never!"
    "Coronation, Starscream? That was bad comedy."
    "Megatron, is that you?"
    "Here's a hint!"
    "Oh @#!*% , what are we gonna do now?"
    "You want me to gut Ultra Magnus?"
    "Sweeps! Terminate him!"
    "First, Prime, then Ultra Magnus and now you. It's a pity you Autobots die so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction!"

All kidding aside, I think "Mattel Management" wants Classics and possibly the entire MOTU brand to shed it's "hokey" Filmation "everything gets solved in 30 minutes/nothing ever changes/corny characters" stigma. Management said that they wanted to move the story forward, something that fans might not be used to. The status quo is always kept. Hell, I remember a Q&A that said that He-Man kills in this canon, although he prefers not to take a life.

However, we can have MOTU with a changing status quo. We saw this in the later mini-comics, New Adventures and MYP and no characters had to die doing this.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 2, 2012 at 05:43pm.

My toys die all the time.

But look! They're still on the shelf!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Maybe he was on a diet?
    bahahahah!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

We could have a Mortal Kombat-like canon, where characters get killed and resurrected all the time, left and right!

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    dead before they had a figure:
    Tung Lashor
    Squeeze
    Blast Attack
    Slow your roll there. Blast Attack may be a SnakeMen ally, but that doesn't mean he has Snake DNA to tear apart. He probably survived. I would call him an Evil Warrior after the fact that all of the Snakemen were dissembled.

I agree. This new telling of the story with wanton bloodshed just isn't what Masters of the Universe was all about, ever. There was PLENTY of room for moving the story forward (and backward) in this line by expanding on New Adventures, Powers of Grayskull, and King He-Man/Son of He-Man. Killing off characters so far seems to be just for the sake of shock value and being "edgy." New Advenutes is in space. Have most of the original cast stay behind on Eternia. Done. Line moved forward. Tell more tales of King Grayskull from the Powers of Grayskull era. New characters. New stories. Done. King He-Man exists several decades in the future. Many characters are now elderly and retired or passed away. New Characters. New stories. Done. We love this property not in spite of the Filmation series, but BECAUSE of it. We KNOW this is a celebration of a children's toyline. I can still cherish and collect these figures without feeling embarassed by a children's cartoon/30-minute commercial series from the mid 80's. What has so far been a bumpy but enjoyable ride with MOTUC now just seems to have gone terribly sour in the very year it was supposed to celebrate 30 years of fandom. Iconic characters are being discarded with little thought, in some cases, their very heroic natures are being trashed and devalued. We've got several incoming figures over the next year or two that are already DOA. I'm not very excited about adding corpses to my display shelf.
    Wolfman Jake

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman Jake View Post
    I agree. This new telling of the story with wanton bloodshed just isn't what Masters of the Universe was all about, ever.
    Saurod.

End of debate
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Koopa View Post
    Slow your roll there. Blast Attack may be a SnakeMen ally, but that doesn't mean he has Snake DNA to tear apart. He probably survived. I would call him an Evil Warrior after the fact that all of the Snakemen were dissembled.
    The vintage mini comic REVENGE OF THE SNAKE MEN tells us he is created by King Hsss so i simply assumed he is more than just a machine and his face under his mask doesn΄t look very robotic.

I thought his DNA is partly snake man but if i΄m wrong i admit to it.

Until i΄m profen wrong i keep on assuming

I was wondering about that too…we never see Hordak actually dead. He just…sort of…disappears.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    We could have a Mortal Kombat-like canon, where characters get killed and resurrected all the time, left and right!
    Did you say Mortal Kombat or Marvel and DC comics