Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC Mini-Comic Q&A Thread 2012 (SPOILERS)

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Yes - this is Evil-Lyn.

The baby-momma/love interest stuff is hideous. I utterly reject it.
    I don't mind that she had a child. She had the child with Keldor, it has been hinted that they had a bit of a fling and even evil people have, you know, needs. I don't think she set out with the ultimate plan to become "preggers". These things....you know...sort of happen sometimes.

Now what I don't like is the whole "de-powered" thing. Now if Evil-lyn had somehow artificially increased her power through some kind of artifact or something I am ok with that. I have a feeling that this is a black and white all or nothing situation and that she is left "depowered" which equals normal.

What I would prefer is the following: After years of study combined with natural aptitude, Evil-Lyn is a powerful sorceress/witch/whatever. At some point she artifically increases her power (gaining yellow skin as a side effect) due to a magical talisman/artifact/plot device. What Teela does is cancel the effects of that artifact (reverting her to her normal skin color) and removing the power boost. She is left with her "pre-artifact" power levels, which are still considerable (essentially 200X ability levels).

With the forces of evil defeated and Skeletor departing on his own, she takes advantage of the closing moments to slip away to the future to not only raise her son but also out of self preservation.

That works for me anyway Also at some point her and Crita have a wrestling match involving pudding.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    I haven't read a single MOTUC bio... not - a - one. They're all piled up on a shelf somewhere collecting dust, and it's only the 'pretty pictures' that prevent me from dumping them altogether. I mean, the irregular shape precludes them going in an album with any kind of decent aesthetic, so they serve no use at all to me.
    I just live in the Filmation universe of happiness and light, where nobody dies and sex is an abstract concept at best
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redsquadron View Post
    I just live in the Filmation universe of happiness and light, where nobody dies and sex is an abstract concept at best
    Adam, Adora (Randor and Marlena), Glimmer (Micah and Angela) and Teela (Sorceress and ???) were produced somehow.
    Babies just don't come from falcon's nes...wait....

- - - Updated - - -

Two new answers are up.

That Evil-Lyn answer makes sense...Teela got sick of her freeing things!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Maybe I'm reading it incorrectly, but that Mekaneck answer doesn't seem to solve anything - he wasn't restored, then - so was he killed?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Has nobody asked why there appears to be a robot based on a Filmation Hordak transformation in the middle of the battle whilst Hordak is clearly there?!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Two new answers here too. Nothing too revealing though...

In the latest Council of the First Ones, about 34 minutes in, TG spilled the beans that Orko is POWERFUL. More powerful than Castaspella or Teela!!
    He-Man and the Sorceress (and probably Teela too now) know of his power level, but everyone thinks he's a joke...

TG said that Filmation established that Orko was the most powerful wizard on Trolla, but in Classics canon, the Trollans are akin to the Guardians of the Universe (Green Lantern Corps).

Is this negativity-fest the only discussion on this minicomic? Good grief!

Anyway, I finally snagged a copy and read it today. I loved it. It's better than the first two issues combined. Fantastic artwork, and some nice big panels. It's like where's waldo on Eternia...I keep going back and seeing things I didn't see the first time. It's vintage motu, 200x, PoP, and new characters all rolled into one, and it looks fantastic. it all fits, and it all belongs. PoP fans should be happy, lots of representation here.
    I love the panel of Randor leading all those 200x characters...and Red Beast, in modern times, as a hero?
    But surely all those armies shown there would have defeated the evildoers all by themselves? lol.

My disappointments:
    --No Castle Grayskullman. Maybe this was finished before the winner was chosen? I was looking forward to seeing him in this, though.
    --Snake Mekaneck, according to TG, remaining a snake. I'd hate to see him end up like that.

While the Snake Men/Spell of separation is a decent idea, and a good way to rid Eternia of them once and for all, it's also weird and maybe...unscientific? As silly as that sounds. Khan shouldn't be killed b/c of it, either. Maybe that's a discussion for another time. But, in the end the court jester slaughters all the snake men...good times!
    Yes, death happens in war. They aren't going to have the most epic battle in Eternia happen without casualties. That's just silly. They are ending one era and moving on to the next.

It's too bad not everything could be shown, and had to be truncated into some poor panels. A few panels were weak. Like, Hordak's death, the snake men's death. Small and impossible to tell what's going on. The 2nd Ultimate Battleground all by itself would have made for a fine minicomic trilogy, rather than one issue. But, I still like it.
    Anwyay, did anyone else actually like this comic?

Yeah! I enjoyed it! Lots of amazing things going on!

It doesn't bother me that characters die. Has no affect on my interest. Look at Star Wars! Most of my favorite characters died a loooong time ago (in a galaxy far far away), but they're still my favorites!

This is Matty's own canon. We all have our own canon that we like best. It's all just for fun, anyway.

Example: I look at the Filmation series, and Horde Prime is clearly a big bad monster-in-charge. Fine. But then I look at the Classics toy, and I get a more "Figure Head" vibe. Like HP and Hordak are actually cooperative rulers, but HP is the public face of authority. That's my canon. So don't take it too seriously.

3rd Mini-comic Mekaneck question

If the Snake Men's DNA was split apart with the Spell of Separation, then was Mekaneck saved and restored to normal?

Mekaneck was changed into a Snake Man, not a Snake Man that was created. The Spell didn't kill him, but it didn't change him back either.

Ummm when was Mekaneck changed back into a Snake Man in the first place?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Ummm when was Mekaneck changed back into a Snake Man in the first place?
    I don't think its been revealed yet but it some point between the MYP EP 40 script/comic and the 3rd MOTUC Mini-comic he was changed back into a Snake Man, so keep reading those bio's
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26