Thread: Resident Evil 6

It is not where I am that matters, it is when

Resident Evil 6

Did anyone else pick this up?

I've played through the first two Leon chapters and to be honest, this game is not worth the price thus far. Capcom advertised that the Leon campaign was going to be more like the old style RE games, but there has only been one section between the two chapters that I felt has had any classic RE feel to them. If you are unsure, I say wait it out. If you must have it, get it, and let me know what you think of it. I also bought the $90 Anthology version so I could get the older games, but they are freaking DLC and all they give you is a single piece of paper with codes on them for all 5 games instead of doing a voucher per game like it looks like on the box. I just do not understand why they couldn't fit everything onto one BD disc.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I played the demo and found the controls to be poor and unresponsive and I just got sick of emptying an entire clip into the monsters only for them to knock me down and pretty much keep me pinned until I was dead. There is a difference between being hard and just being cheap / unfair and at least in the demo they crossed the line. If I do ever get it it will be in a few months when the price has dropped because at the moment it is not worth the money imo

Yeah, it makes me mad when I shoot a zombie dead center in the head 4 times and he still doesn't go down. Honestly, I prefer the melee attacks. Even in Gears of War I usually would rather run up and chainsaw as many villains as possible than shoot them to death.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

I've been playing through as I have time, but that's not enough. I, too, bought the Anthology version, and was disappointed to see that it was DLC. I guess it's better than a kick in the pants.

As for the game, I'm really enjoying it. I'm sorry it hasn't lived up to the hype for you, Kain, but I'm digging it.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Meh, I sold the game off for $90 on ebay on Oct 10th, so I got my money's worth out of it. I played through the game once, got infinite ammo and found the game to be absolutely boring as heck on my first replay.

I've been playing RE since the original lured me into asking for a Playstation for Christmas and it has been my favorite videogame series for quite some time. That being said, I had high expectations for RE 6. While I wouldn't say the series has diminished in "quality", it definitely has taken some different directions away from what I think of as the traditional Resident Evil qualities. Overall, I'm actually loving RE 6. It honestly feels more like a RE game than 4 or 5 (both of which I loved).

To me, Leon's campaign feels the most like a traditional campaign because of its creepier environments, (relatively few) puzzles, and the presence of "zombies".
    Sherry/ Jake's campaign (I haven't finished it yet) feels to me like classic RE because it seems that you are often without ammo and forced to avoid encounters. It has more of the survival feel to it.
    Chris's campaign feels the most like RE 5 and the least like classic RE.

I have enjoyed the progression of the story throughout the series, but there are some gameplay elements that I wish the newer games would reintroduce such as exploration, having to plot routes through nonlinear environments, more difficult puzzles, in game documents, and resource management.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Jake's game was definitely the thing that stopped the game from being complete garbage for me. I absolutely love his second chapter in the snow and then in the cave when you have to use stealth to get around.